Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 01:06 PM   #3061
Grumpymom73
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
We have done the online check-in for the past 2 years and have loved it! There was not a spot to request a particular longhouse. What I do is, once the trip is paid off, I call and request the longhouse I want. So far, knock on wood, the past 2 years my request has been granted.
Thanks! I actually went into the Online Check In this morning and it now lists all the longhouses under requests. It also has other options like Ground Floor and stuff. You can pick up to 2 requests. It's pretty cool!
Old 07-17-2012, 02:21 PM   #3062
SugarSpice
Mouseketeer

Well, it's been 2 years, but I am happy to be back following the POLY thread. We stayed at the POLY for the first time in October 2010 and my husband is now Poly spoiled and won't stay anywhere else! But, that means, we won't be taking a trip every year now because we have 3 little boys and 5 people at the POLY for a week makes for trips that are beyond our finances. I am hoping for our next trip to be October 2013. I've been tucking away money in a milk jug hidden in the laundry room. So, I can't wait to catch up on this thread and live vicariously through you all!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #3063
cmac609
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSpice View Post
Well, it's been 2 years, but I am happy to be back following the POLY thread. We stayed at the POLY for the first time in October 2010 and my husband is now Poly spoiled and won't stay anywhere else! But, that means, we won't be taking a trip every year now because we have 3 little boys and 5 people at the POLY for a week makes for trips that are beyond our finances. I am hoping for our next trip to be October 2013. I've been tucking away money in a milk jug hidden in the laundry room. So, I can't wait to catch up on this thread and live vicariously through you all!
Since our first stay at the Poly, my dh has been spoiled too...lol It is so hard not to get spoiled after staying there. I just had my 3rd boy which makes things harder to go every year (this year was the first year we missed

DH, :: Me: ds11, ds9, ds2
7/2006 Polynesian (Samoa) (First Time), 7/2011 Polynesian (Hawaii)
7/2008 Polynesian (Samoa) & Universal Lowes Royal Pacific & 12/2008 Pop Century
7/2009 Polynesian (Hawaii)
7/2010 Polynesian (Hawaii) & Universal Lowes Royal Pacific
Old 07-17-2012, 09:21 PM   #3064
SinceDay1
Counting the days until our next trip to WDW!!!

Thanks to all who chimed in, we upgraded to CL and are excited to be staying at the Poly!!
Old 07-17-2012, 10:11 PM   #3065
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran

Today I was a lot more pre vacation productive than I anticipated

While getting my house back in order after our summer of softball and doing 15 tons of laundry, I did end up calling the IPO and making a few ADRs which I got exactly at the time and day I wanted which was awesome. I also discussed with them the "welcome back gift" from Mickey and Minnie which is trip tradition. Now I have to think of something to do for DH for our 15th anniversary

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Especially from you guys on the thread. Cabana rental is out as he would not enjoy that and he is not a golfer.

DD dug through her "Disney" box and has her pile of stuff started and I even pulled out my Disney box to start placing things in which normally happens 6 months before a trip

I did print off easy WDW suggestions for the days will be there so I will glance through those and DD and I are going to make some maps tomorrow. I hope they arrive before we leave though! I also anticipate that I will be getting Mickey Mail soon as well

So I guess I am in the Disney trip mode now! One month from now I will be watching Wishes

I will definitely be posting to the Poly facebook page and DD and I will both be doing Instagram and Twitter as well while we are there so I will make sure I share every detail for all you Poly lovers
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF

Old 07-17-2012, 10:42 PM   #3066
DebbyLof428
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezysMom View Post

While getting my house back in order after our summer of softball and doing 15 tons of laundry, I did end up calling the IPO and making a few ADRs which I got exactly at the time and day I wanted which was awesome. I also discussed with them the "welcome back gift" from Mickey and Minnie which is trip tradition. Now I have to think of something to do for DH for our 15th anniversary

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Especially from you guys on the thread. Cabana rental is out as he would not enjoy that and he is not a golfer.

DD dug through her "Disney" box and has her pile of stuff started and I even pulled out my Disney box to start placing things in which normally happens 6 months before a trip

I did print off easy WDW suggestions for the days will be there so I will glance through those and DD and I are going to make some maps tomorrow. I hope they arrive before we leave though! I also anticipate that I will be getting Mickey Mail soon as well

So I guess I am in the Disney trip mode now! One month from now I will be watching Wishes

I will definitely be posting to the Poly facebook page and DD and I will both be doing Instagram and Twitter as well while we are there so I will make sure I share every detail for all you Poly lovers
Hi , haven't seen a post from you lately. Looking forward to your updates and pictures I haven't posted in awhile but now that we're booked for the end of September, (finally got Passholder discount) I will be reading and posting alot.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:39 PM   #3067
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyLof428

Hi , haven't seen a post from you lately. Looking forward to your updates and pictures I haven't posted in awhile but now that we're booked for the end of September, (finally got Passholder discount) I will be reading and posting alot.
It feels good to be back! We are going for a quick 4 night trip but I am happy to be able to go! I thought for sure it would not be in the cards this year!

Happy planning for your trip.
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF

Old 07-17-2012, 11:59 PM   #3068
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpymom73 View Post
Thanks! I actually went into the Online Check In this morning and it now lists all the longhouses under requests. It also has other options like Ground Floor and stuff. You can pick up to 2 requests. It's pretty cool!
Wow ... now that's cool!!!

Old 07-18-2012, 01:52 AM   #3069
Grumpymom73
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn Friends of Pooh View Post
Wow ... now that's cool!!!
I only made 1 request and it was Tokelau. I will let you know how it worked out.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:25 AM   #3070
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpymom73

That's great to hear! I had called and made a request but I will definitely make the request again when I check in online!
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

Old 07-18-2012, 01:58 PM   #3071
monorailsilver
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSpice View Post
My dh is also spoiled with the Poly.

The first time I took him he cringed at the thought of paying (OK I was paying) to stay there so we stayed at the WL. Next trip was the Poly & he was hooked.

He hates Disney per say but begs to eat or go on certain rides but he said if he has to go there the Poly is the way to go. I was trying to get him to stay at the BC next year but he said no...phew...since I love the Poly too.
June 1975 Golf Resort & Polynesian August 1977 DL off site April 1990 WDW off site May 1981 Polynesian July-August 1985 Polynesian July-August 1987 Polynesian/Floridian July-August 1990 Beach Club May 1994 All Star Sports/Polynesian June 1995 Wilderness Lodge/Dixie Landings February 1997 off site/Wilderness Lodge March-April 1999 Engagement Trip February 2000 Polynesian August 2002 Polynesian July 2005 Polynesian August 2008 Polynesian August 2013 Polynesian and I think there were a few more trips here & there but I have lost track.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:42 PM   #3072
jenneth79
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezysMom View Post

Very productive!!!

I would suggest a cake? We have a lovely one created by Chef Brian for a dinner at Contemporary for our 3rd anniversary (check my dining review for pics in sig) in my husband's favorite flavor combo (chocolate and peanut butter...) It was PERFECT and he was super pleased!
Old 07-18-2012, 07:52 PM   #3073
Kbohannon
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpymom73 View Post
I only made 1 request and it was Tokelau. I will let you know how it worked out.
We are at the Poly right now and they told us Tiokelau is being renovated, beginning during our stay. We requested in Sept. 2011 and again prior to arrival. You may want to call and check in or provide another choice. Sorry o be the bearer of bad news!

Kim
Old 07-18-2012, 07:56 PM   #3074
Grumpymom73
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbohannon View Post
We are at the Poly right now and they told us Tiokelau is being renovated, beginning during our stay. We requested in Sept. 2011 and again prior to arrival. You may want to call and check in or provide another choice. Sorry o be the bearer of bad news!

Kim
Thanks for the info. Guess I need to change my request.
Any suggestions?
Old 07-18-2012, 10:23 PM   #3075
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

I just saw some of the refurb room pics in Tikiman Facebook, I am excited! The hallway carpet looks neat....does anyone know when Tokelau would be done? We requested it for Sept...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: