Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 11:09 PM   #3016
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I thought I was the only one in the world who hates Tonga Toast ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post

I too am a tonga toast hater!
I'm part of the Tonga toast/Dolewhip not a fan club!

Thankfully there is no rule against Tonga toast haters here on the Poly thread or I would be booted

I could live off the food in captain cooks and the punch and desserts in the CL lounge and be a very happy guest
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF

Old 07-13-2012, 06:45 AM   #3017
latexscooter
Be nice even if it takes some effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA
STOP with all the Tonga Toast hate on the last 2 pages!!!!!
I have never had the Tonga Toast but I'm always suspicious of things everyone loves. I'm planning on trying it next year so I will weigh in then.

I should note that I think the Lapu Lapu, although it looks beautiful, tastes like jet fuel.
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2012, 08:49 AM   #3018
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Had to jump in here.......I am a PROUD member of the tonga toast lovers club I just can't understand the disdain displayed here for such a delectable creation of sourdough bread stuffed with bananas, fried, and rolled in cinnamon and sugar with the perfect side dish of plump juicy sausages to satisfy the sweet and savory cravings of the palate and a large cup of Kona coffee to awaken your mind to the magical surroundings. It is the perfect beginning to the Poly day.

When the tummy beckons for more sustenance after a long morning at MK, it is time for an Aloha pork sandwich and chips which will put you in the mood for some relaxing time in the sun. After much time spent dressing the family in bathing suits, slathering everyone in sunblock, gathering all the accessories and musthaves into your beach bag, scoping out the perfect table or chaise to make your home base, playing with the kids in the pool,.......it is now time to summon your DH to fetch you the beloved Pina Colava. Once in hand, you must retreat to the beach. find your favorite chair, swing or hammock, and take in paradise. The sights of the castle over the lagoon, the faint sounds of children laughing and playing, the ferry boat horns, the MK train whistles, the sun glistening off the water and the gentle breeze blowing through your hair......

Oh how I miss the Poly!!!!!!!!!!

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014
Old 07-13-2012, 08:52 AM   #3019
Grumpymom73
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace&Carolinesmom View Post
Had to jump in here.......I am a PROUD member of the tonga toast lovers club I just can't understand the disdain displayed here for such a delectable creation of sourdough bread stuffed with bananas, fried, and rolled in cinnamon and sugar with the perfect side dish of plump juicy sausages to satisfy the sweet and savory cravings of the palate and a large cup of Kona coffee to awaken your mind to the magical surroundings. It is the perfect beginning to the Poly day.

When the tummy beckons for more sustenance after a long morning at MK, it is time for an Aloha pork sandwich and chips which will put you in the mood for some relaxing time in the sun. After much time spent dressing the family in bathing suits, slathering everyone in sunblock, gathering all the accessories and musthaves into your beach bag, scoping out the perfect table or chaise to make your home base, playing with the kids in the pool,.......it is now time to summon your DH to fetch you the beloved Pina Colava. Once in hand, you must retreat to the beach. find your favorite chair, swing or hammock, and take in paradise. The sights of the castle over the lagoon, the faint sounds of children laughing and playing, the ferry boat horns, the MK train whistles, the sun glistening off the water and the gentle breeze blowing through your hair......

Oh how I miss the Poly!!!!!!!!!!
Wow, now I really can't wait for my trip! Only 2 more weeks to go!!!!
Old 07-13-2012, 09:34 AM   #3020
hunter128
Earning My Ears

Resort Activities Flyer

Anyone have a recent one for the Polynesian from June or July? I see the one on the first page of the thread but was wondering if that stays pretty consistent or changes? We are going next month.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:35 AM   #3021
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezysMom View Post
I'm part of the Tonga toast/Dolewhip not a fan club!

Thankfully there is no rule against Tonga toast haters here on the Poly thread or I would be booted
It ok, I'm not a Dole Whip fan, so we're even!!!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 07-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #3022
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
It ok, I'm not a Dole Whip fan, so we're even!!!
And here I thought we could be twins. How can you NOT like a delicious pineapple frozen treat?!
Old 07-13-2012, 10:17 AM   #3023
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
And here I thought we could be twins. How can you NOT like a delicious pineapple frozen treat?!
I've had them before, and I'm sure I'll have them again, but I would choose something else if given a choice!!!!

Ok, I will have one for you next time I'm there, or better yet one of these trips I'll have one WITH you!!!

Our October ladies trip is all over the place with the number of people going - as of now we're down to 3 so Poly is a lead contender for where to stay because with the day bed, we each get our own bed. Woo hoo come on AP discounts for October!

I know I could look this up but I'm lazy - I know Tokelau is one of the longhouses with the larger rooms - what is/are the others - Tahiti? With 3 adults we'd probably request one of the longhouses with larger rooms. Although Tokelau didn't have the separate toilet/shower and sink area....do any of them have a split bathroom?

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's

Last edited by TaraPA; 07-13-2012 at 10:32 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-13-2012, 11:44 AM   #3024
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
I've had them before, and I'm sure I'll have them again, but I would choose something else if given a choice!!!!

Ok, I will have one for you next time I'm there, or better yet one of these trips I'll have one WITH you!!!

Our October ladies trip is all over the place with the number of people going - as of now we're down to 3 so Poly is a lead contender for where to stay because with the day bed, we each get our own bed. Woo hoo come on AP discounts for October!

I know I could look this up but I'm lazy - I know Tokelau is one of the longhouses with the larger rooms - what is/are the others - Tahiti? With 3 adults we'd probably request one of the longhouses with larger rooms. Although Tokelau didn't have the separate toilet/shower and sink area....do any of them have a split bathroom?
Personally I would have a Mickey bar before a dolewhip if given a choice.

None of the longhouses have a split bathroom. Tahiti does have the slightly bigger rooms & double sinks.

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
Old 07-13-2012, 01:37 PM   #3025
latexscooter
Be nice even if it takes some effort.

Its official, I payed my deposit and we're all set for our arrival on June 1! Can I have a woo-hoo!

I know I can still change my mind but once I've made a decision I pretty much stick with it. Now I feel like I have nothing to do until December 3 when I can make ADRs.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:13 PM   #3026
Grumpymom73
DIS Veteran

We arrive in 2 weeks and I managed to get us an ADR at Ohana for our first night!! It's a little late (9:40) but maybe we will luck out and get a table where we can see the fireworks.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:24 PM   #3027
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by latexscooter View Post
Its official, I payed my deposit and we're all set for our arrival on June 1! Can I have a woo-hoo!

I know I can still change my mind but once I've made a decision I pretty much stick with it. Now I feel like I have nothing to do until December 3 when I can make ADRs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpymom73 View Post
We arrive in 2 weeks and I managed to get us an ADR at Ohana for our first night!! It's a little late (9:40) but maybe we will luck out and get a table where we can see the fireworks.
Congrats and congrats!

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
Old 07-13-2012, 09:43 PM   #3028
guitarob
Polynesian Obsessed

Bathroom Photos

Does anyone have any photos of the Polynesian bathrooms that they could send me to use in the new thread? I have a bunch, but they're mostly smaller photos, and the new thread isn't going to wait until I get back down there in September to take more .

What I'm looking for is larger, unedited, original size photos, because I'm trying to make it so that the majority of photos in the main photos can be enlarged when clicked.

Please PM me for my e-mail address to send the photos to if you can help! Thank you!!!

When we get to heaven, We'll hear "ALOHA!" 2010 Trip Report

1978, 1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1990 & 1993: Family trips to the Polynesian,
2001 - All Star Music, 2006 - Polynesian, 2008 - Honeymoon at the Polynesian, 2009 - Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2010 - Another Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2012 - Yet ANOTHER Anniversary at the Polynesian and a Christmas trip to the Polynesian!!!
Old 07-14-2012, 12:06 AM   #3029
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by latexscooter View Post
I have never had the Tonga Toast but I'm always suspicious of things everyone loves. I'm planning on trying it next year so I will weigh in then.

I should note that I think the Lapu Lapu, although it looks beautiful, tastes like jet fuel.
JET FUEL What does jet fuel taste like ?
Old 07-14-2012, 12:58 AM   #3030
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarob
Does anyone have any photos of the Polynesian bathrooms that they could send me to use in the new thread? I have a bunch, but they're mostly smaller photos, and the new thread isn't going to wait until I get back down there in September to take more .

What I'm looking for is larger, unedited, original size photos, because I'm trying to make it so that the majority of photos in the main photos can be enlarged when clicked.

Please PM me for my e-mail address to send the photos to if you can help! Thank you!!!
Rob,

I'll be there is a month! Give me a list of what you need and I will click away
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: