Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 10:00 AM   #2956
Eliserose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post

So.....I heard via tikimans FB page that GF guests will be using the POLY pool for a few months running into my trip (end Sept to Oct 4) due to GF pool refurb.....I'm worried about the and hope it won't be so packed we can't enjoy it!
I am wondering the same thing! It is our first time at the Poly, hoping this doesn't become a hassle!
Old 07-11-2012, 10:10 AM   #2957
latexscooter
Be nice even if it takes some effort.

So the 2013 package prices came out today and since have absolutely no patience and can't wait for my TA to get back to me on pricing, I decided to go to Disney's site and model the pricing myself.

A couple things popped up that I think are changes. But since you all are the experts, I'll leave it to you to tell me if this is indeed a change.

First I don't think they have the class "garden view" in 2013. Here are the classifications that I see:

Standard view
Lagoon view
Garden view - club level
Theme park view
Lagoon view - club level
Theme park view - club level

Does that seem like a change? If so, since I wanted a "garden" view (aka least expensive) room then I guess the standard view is what I would get. Here's the description of the standard view provided on Disney's website.

All rooms have 2 queen-size beds and a day bed, small table, chair, ceiling fan and bathroom. All rooms are non-smoking. Wheelchair-accessible rooms are available. Amenities include complimentary wi-fi, TV, in-room wall safe, voice mail, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, coffeemaker and refrigerator. Garden View Rooms are located in all buildings and offer views of a parking area, garden, pool, marina or monorail.
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2012, 10:33 AM   #2958
latexscooter

I should also add that the standard room cost is $474 every night of our stay which includes weekends. There was no variance.

BTW, I'm not complaining, we'll pay for it. But it does seem like a big change to me. I called my Dad (who will be joining us with his own room and reservation) to warn him and he was okay with it. This is the first time he's vacationed with us, and the first time to Disney for him in 25 years so I was worried he'd bail. But he's all in.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #2959
Mary T in PA

Mouseketeer

What is the best way to get to MK from Poly for an 8:05AM adr?

10 days to go.....
Old 07-11-2012, 11:08 AM   #2960
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T in PA View Post
What is the best way to get to MK from Poly for an 8:05AM adr?

10 days to go.....
Boat or Monorail obviously... The boat is a direct route but is a little slower. I think as long as you leave by 7 you will be fine even if you have to wait a bit for either!
Old 07-11-2012, 12:12 PM   #2961
MercMom
Earning My Ears

Just booked our trip to Disney for October 2013...10 days at Poly, can't believe it's going to happen.

Last time I stayed there I was 7 and on this trip my son will be the same age!!!

Old 07-11-2012, 12:49 PM   #2962
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by latexscooter View Post
I should also add that the standard room cost is $474 every night of our stay which includes weekends. There was no variance.

BTW, I'm not complaining, we'll pay for it. But it does seem like a big change to me. I called my Dad (who will be joining us with his own room and reservation) to warn him and he was okay with it. This is the first time he's vacationed with us, and the first time to Disney for him in 25 years so I was worried he'd bail. But he's all in.
LOL! I'm worried about trying to sell the Poly to my dad (who, FWIW, teaches finanical planning) and I'd be treating him and my mom (on a separate room and reservation from ours).

If I end up going through with it, I'd very much prefer that he never finds out how much I spent (even if a substantial discount is involved). Otherwise, I'd never hear the end of it (it would be like that Seinfeld episode where Jerry tries to buy his dad a Cadillac).
Old 07-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #2963
Alli76
Mouseketeer

Well it is official - booked the Poly club for our April 2013 trip this morning!!! (Fingers and toes are crossed for discounts) Next step - waiting for JetBlue to release flights for those dates! Oh and working out the plans for ADRs with my sister - "The Non-Planner"
Old 07-11-2012, 02:35 PM   #2964
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
So the 2013 package prices came out today and since have absolutely no patience and can't wait for my TA to get back to me on pricing, I decided to go to Disney's site and model the pricing myself.

A couple things popped up that I think are changes. But since you all are the experts, I'll leave it to you to tell me if this is indeed a change.

First I don't think they have the class "garden view" in 2013. Here are the classifications that I see:

Standard view
Lagoon view
Garden view - club level
Theme park view
Lagoon view - club level
Theme park view - club level

Does that seem like a change? If so, since I wanted a "garden" view (aka least expensive) room then I guess the standard view is what I would get. Here's the description of the standard view provided on Disney's website.

All rooms have 2 queen-size beds and a day bed, small table, chair, ceiling fan and bathroom. All rooms are non-smoking. Wheelchair-accessible rooms are available. Amenities include complimentary wi-fi, TV, in-room wall safe, voice mail, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, coffeemaker and refrigerator. Garden View Rooms are located in all buildings and offer views of a parking area, garden, pool, marina or monorail.
Since the room description still refers to this class of room as Garden View (the last sentence when describing the the location & views) I think that maybe they just slipped up with the labelling when calling them "Standard View". Otherwise it sounds like they are the same rooms.

Just out of curiosity I looked on allears for what costs were for that room category for June of this year. The rooms are currently cheaper on weeknights ($465), but more expensive on weekends ($510). It looks like maybe they are just levelling out the cost across the week?

me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan Daisy
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 GF
Old 07-11-2012, 02:51 PM   #2965
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
Just out of curiosity I looked on allears for what costs were for that room category for June of this year. The rooms are currently cheaper on weeknights ($465), but more expensive on weekends ($510). It looks like maybe they are just levelling out the cost across the week?
this is pretty normal. Friday & Saturday nights are typically a little more expensive.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #2966
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princssdisnygina View Post
this is pretty normal. Friday & Saturday nights are typically a little more expensive.
Oh, I know. I was just commenting on latexscooter's post noting the prices for 2013 ($474/night for everyday of the week, including weekends) - that it looks like a change in the pricing format (but works out about the same for a week).

1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 GF
Old 07-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #2967
latexscooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya

Since the room description still refers to this class of room as Garden View (the last sentence when describing the the location & views) I think that maybe they just slipped up with the labelling when calling them "Standard View". Otherwise it sounds like they are the same rooms.

The leveling is a good point. I played with the math and looked at the dates comparing 2012 vs. 2013. If I figured this right I'm actually going to save $108 in 2013 over 2012 with the change to the Friday, Saturday night rates. Now, if I did the math incorrectly I do not want anyone to correct me. I'm blissfully happy in my (maybe) mistake.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:01 PM   #2968
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
The leveling is a good point. I played with the math and looked at the dates comparing 2012 vs. 2013. If I figured this right I'm actually going to save $108 in 2013 over 2012 with the change to the Friday, Saturday night rates. Now, if I did the math incorrectly I do not want anyone to correct me. I'm blissfully happy in my (maybe) mistake.
I actually got the same thing - it works out cheaper in 2013 for a full week, but I didn't want to mention it in case my math was wrong! I guess they make up the difference with the increases in ticket prices!

Old 07-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #2969
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
I actually got the same thing - it works out cheaper in 2013 for a full week, but I didn't want to mention it in case my math was wrong! I guess they make up the difference with the increases in ticket prices!
Did they level at other resorts or just the Poly?

If so, I wonder if the cheaper average rate (as the result of the leveling) might have something to do with the rumored construction at the resort.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:50 PM   #2970
Alli76
Mouseketeer

Absolutely not wanting to be a pessimist.... but I am also hoping the "price leveling" and the lack of an overall increase does not mean less discounts next year

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: