Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #2911
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Ok CL Friends.... is there a CL Lagoon View room that gets a "partial" view of the castle?
Old 07-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #2912
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

We've been heading down to WDW every May since 2003 (and more recently October as well) and the most we received for an AP discount was 40%. The past few years, it's been more like 25-35% for our dates.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #2913
Alli76
Mouseketeer

Hi All! Question for those of you who have rented a cabana. When we visit next year we are definitely planning a resort day - weather permitting. I would like to rent a cabana for that day. Is there any limit on how many people can use the cabana. (I read on a post that the cabanas at the water parks are limited.) We are going to have 6 adults and 4 children. Based on the seating - we can all fit and I am sure that most times people will be coming and going. I really don't want to have to rent 2 cabanas. Our other option is the premium cabana - but that is the same cost as renting 2.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #2914
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandym718 View Post
Just an FYI, in Tokelau (and maybe other buildings?? I don't know), the set up is slightly different. There is still just one door and the sink/mirror area is inside the bathroom. However it is next to the toilet (with that small wall between), but against the same wall as the toilet, if that makes sense. Not perpendicular to it. The shower is on the opposite wall opposite the sink. More of a "galley" set up, so-to-speak. Walk in and (depending on the room it is the reverse of this) on the left is the shower and on the right is the sink, vanity long against the right wall. Toilet is in the back right. I hope this is making sense. I doubt this makes any difference to the person who asked, since it's a privacy issue, but just thought I'd point out that the bathrooms are set up differently.
Yes, the set up is slightly different in the Fiji building, just turned around.
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

Old 07-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #2915
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princssdisnygina View Post
Ok CL Friends.... is there a CL Lagoon View room that gets a "partial" view of the castle?
We had 2503 and it has a full view of the castle and a partially obstructed view of Wishes (tree). I loved the location just a few doors down from the lounge but, as I'm sure you know, since it was second floor room it didn't have a balcony.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 07-08-2012, 06:44 PM   #2916
DznyCrzy11

Yay, 55 more days until we're at the Poly!!! I'm so excited!!
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #2917
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alli76 View Post
Hi All! Question for those of you who have rented a cabana. When we visit next year we are definitely planning a resort day - weather permitting. I would like to rent a cabana for that day. Is there any limit on how many people can use the cabana. (I read on a post that the cabanas at the water parks are limited.) We are going to have 6 adults and 4 children. Based on the seating - we can all fit and I am sure that most times people will be coming and going. I really don't want to have to rent 2 cabanas. Our other option is the premium cabana - but that is the same cost as renting 2.
Yes, there is a limit of 6 for the cabanas. I don't know how strictly they enforce that. There is an attendant that comes by fairly frequently to see if you need anything. I don't know if they would keep track or bother to enforce the limit, but they do have one.

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
Old 07-08-2012, 08:41 PM   #2918
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
Yes, there is a limit of 6 for the cabanas. I don't know how strictly they enforce that. There is an attendant that comes by fairly frequently to see if you need anything. I don't know if they would keep track or bother to enforce the limit, but they do have one.
Last year a family tried to rent the cabana next to us and they were going to split it with another family but they were told there's a 6 person limit.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:15 AM   #2919
glass half full
Mouseketeer

hot tub/ renovation info

Can anyone link me to some of the hot-tub/ reno rumors that I've read in this thread? i didn't really see anything on tikiman or even here. Planning for a late feb 2013 trip and don't want to play there if the pool (or more of resort) is going to be down for a major renovation.

ps- where can I find the signature countdown tickers <noob>
Old 07-09-2012, 07:17 AM   #2920
Alli76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
Looks like we will be either trying to rent both regular cabanas or the premium? Any idea what the limit on the premium is? And I wonder if the hot tub rumors are true if they will relocate the premium cabana or just get rid of it?
Old 07-09-2012, 07:19 AM   #2921
DznyCrzy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass half full
Can anyone link me to some of the hot-tub/ reno rumors that I've read in this thread? i didn't really see anything on tikiman or even here. Planning for a late feb 2013 trip and don't want to play there if the pool (or more of resort) is going to be down for a major renovation.

ps- where can I find the signature countdown tickers <noob>
I think they are all rumors for now. I don't think anyone will know for sure until later this year. If they do major renovation I would think it would just be the GCH as most, if not all, of the longhouses have now been renovated. I know Fiji, where we always stay has been renovated and when we were there in 2010 they were renovating one of the other longhouses right next to Fiji. There's also a rumor that they will start a DVC at the Poly later this year! I hope they're right! I can't wait for that!

You can find a ticker at disticker.com. I believe that's the website I used as there are a few other Disney Ticker websites.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:25 AM   #2922
DisneyFamily123
Use the Force, Luke!

Polynesian in January - Cooler Weather

Planning trip Jan 19-29... With possible cooler weather in the evening, is this still a good time to stay at the Polynesian?

Does the Spirit of Aloha show still go on? Is the Volcano Pool still fun? I know it's heated and I'm thinking the slide will be great because it's not much walking out of water (in cold air) to get back on the slide again.
Our Disney Vacations: 2008-2014, 6 trips: Halloween, Christmas, Star Wars Weekend. Favorite resorts - All Stars, Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian. Best Tip - Don't try to do it all... Go slower, relax, take a break, have an excuse to come back. Don't miss - Dapper Dans (MK), Flights of Wonder (AK), Fantasmic (HS), Mo-Rockin' (Epcot).
Old 07-09-2012, 10:34 AM   #2923
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFamily123
Planning trip Jan 19-29... With possible cooler weather in the evening, is this still a good time to stay at the Polynesian?

Does the Spirit of Aloha show still go on? Is the Volcano Pool still fun? I know it's heated and I'm thinking the slide will be great because it's not much walking out of water (in cold air) to get back on the slide again.
Anytime is a good time to stay at the Poly!

Just be prepared for both warm and cold weather and you will be fine!
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 07-09-2012, 10:34 AM   #2924
wishing4PA
Wants to be in Pennsylvania or WDW or PA or WDW or ... and stuck smack dab in the middle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFamily123 View Post

Well... last January we made ourselves use the pool, because it is so fabulous. But we would have enjoyed it a lot more in warmer weather (though we probably enjoyed the parks more in the cooler temps.)
Could be warmer for you though ... it all depends on the fronts.
* 7/2013 (YC with DD), 1/2012 (Poly - me, DD, DN, DN, DSis, thanks! ), 7/2010 (FW - the Poly5+Mom), 2/2009 (DD4 & DH's 1st visit! ASMo), Day trip ~1990, Overnight "Jazz Night" with HS band (1978?), ~10 Day trips in 1970's-80's (E tickets!)
* Disney World Preview Center (1970?) An amusement park here, in the middle of nowhere, far from the beaches, nowhere near anything, even dinky little Orlando? That'll never fly!
Old 07-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #2925
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

I've done the Poly in winter three times and loved it. We only swam midday as it felt too cold for swimming in the evening for us. Although there were usually always people in the pool so it couldn't have been that bad.

SOA does get canceled if it gets below 50 (I think? it's somewhere around there)
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: