Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 04:53 PM   #2896
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbuf View Post
We arrive Monday first timers for our 30th wedding anniversary.
Couple questions:
we booked thru aaa do we still need to check in before hand?
best way to get to downtown Disney from poly?
anyone know how big the Mini-fridge is in the rooms?
Anything else I need to know before hand?
Thanks
Congratulations on your 30th!

You never have to check in before hand. On-line check in is optional (if that is what you are referring to by "checking in before hand") If you don't do on-line check in it just takes a little longer at the desk because they won't have your cards ready ahead of time and there is often more of a line for the regular check in.

Definitely drive or take a cab to DTD if you can. The bus can be painfully slow.

The mini-fridge is the same as a normal small bar fridge, probably about 30" high & 18" wide. They usually struggle to keep things cold because of poor air circulation due to the cabinet. If you leave the cabinet doors open it will work a lot better!

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
Old 07-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #2897
catzle
DIS Veteran

We took the bus to downtown disney and did not have any problems. Actually it was the quickest we had ever had. We just got back on Monday, we were there for 10 days.

We actually took the boat to MK more then we ever had. It is a quick shot across and beats walking all the way up to the monorail.
WLV May 2007,
Poly LVC May 2008,
Poly LVC May 2009,
Wonder Double Dip May 2010 followed by Poly GVC
Dream 4 night, May 2011 followed by Poly LVC
Poly LVC June 2012
WL December 2012
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2012, 05:44 PM   #2898
latexscooter
Be nice even if it takes some effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya

How dare you cut off our debate!
The toilet is kind of tucked in behind a little wall. It isn't really visible from the sink and definitely not from the shower, but someone using the toilet would have no privacy from a sound perspective!

Here's a picture I found that shows the layout pretty well:
The picture says it all for me. I showed hubby and he has agreed its manageable. Thanks to everyone that's been responding to my inquiries.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:13 PM   #2899
jkbuf
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the reply
36 hours and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
Congratulations on your 30th!

You never have to check in before hand. On-line check in is optional (if that is what you are referring to by "checking in before hand") If you don't do on-line check in it just takes a little longer at the desk because they won't have your cards ready ahead of time and there is often more of a line for the regular check in.

Definitely drive or take a cab to DTD if you can. The bus can be painfully slow.

The mini-fridge is the same as a normal small bar fridge, probably about 30" high & 18" wide. They usually struggle to keep things cold because of poor air circulation due to the cabinet. If you leave the cabinet doors open it will work a lot better!
Old 07-07-2012, 08:18 PM   #2900
PolyndianPrincessJes
Alias: TotalSnowWhite
I'm a Snapfish/Shutterfly/Winkflash addict
Yes, you totally can do that, and I do!!!

So, I was hanging out on the CL thread and saw that there are refurbs coming!! We're booked TPV CL in December, so I figured I'd better come back to my fave resort thread on the DIS and stay up to date!!
Old 07-07-2012, 08:18 PM   #2901
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbuf View Post
Thanks for the reply
36 hours and counting
No problem! Have a wonderful trip and hopefully you get a little pixie dust for your anniversary!

1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
Old 07-07-2012, 08:39 PM   #2902
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyndianPrincessJes View Post
So, I was hanging out on the CL thread and saw that there are refurbs coming!! We're booked TPV CL in December, so I figured I'd better come back to my fave resort thread on the DIS and stay up to date!!
Hi Jess!
Based on Tikiman he doesn't think the room refurbs will start until the new year, but both he & Carlnix have said that a hot tub installation will begin "towards the end of the year", where the premium cabana currently sits. They will also be expanding the pool deck a bit and then enclosing the whole thing with a fence.

And start saving your pennies because the word is Poly DVC is coming! (Tikiman's story is that the GCH will come down & it will be replaced with an Aulani-style building that includes DVC)

Old 07-08-2012, 08:01 AM   #2903
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Hello Poly experts!

I hope you don't mind a few rate related questions. DH and I have finally decided to go big or go home and do the Poly for the next big family trip. He was last there as a 6 or 7 year old (over 40 now) and I was fortunate enough to get Pixie Dusted last year and get to stay for the Princess Half Marathon.

We are THRILLED to share this wonderful resort with our kiddos!

Does anyone remember what your AP or AAA discount rates for the Poly over the past year? I know they are not guaranteed, I know they can be different every year, I know it's all "wait and see" but I'm impatient and trying to ball park a budget!

I have an AP and we are AAA members. In general web searches I have seen discounts from 5%-40% posted in the past, but I cannot remember if the Poly was ever included in those levels.

If you don't mind sharing when and what your discounts were, I would appreciate it.

We are trying to go end of April-May, or possibly open to the summer if rates were dramatically cheaper.

Can't wait to start planning our Poly stay!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 07-08-2012, 08:28 AM   #2904
catzle
DIS Veteran

10% for AAA
WLV May 2007,
Poly LVC May 2008,
Poly LVC May 2009,
Wonder Double Dip May 2010 followed by Poly GVC
Dream 4 night, May 2011 followed by Poly LVC
Poly LVC June 2012
WL December 2012
Old 07-08-2012, 09:44 AM   #2905
MickeyMinnie1971
Mouseketeer

We had an AP rate in January that was 40% off. We used a bounce back rate for our June trip. It was 35% off. We have a AAA discount for our October trip, and it is 15%. I'm hoping to be able to switch to an AP rate, but 15% is better than nothing.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:55 AM   #2906
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Last September our AP rate was 30% off.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:29 AM   #2907
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Thanks guys! This is great info. You guys are on the ball this morning.

And it looks like I should save for the full amount, and if anything gets discounted it will be a bonus. Pulling for the AP discounts to be nice and generous again this year though! 40-35% would buy some nice extras to spend while we are there!

But possibly minimum 10% with AAA. I've never booked through them so I wasn't sure what the discounts looked like.

I'm traveling in Feb to the World but staying at AOA possibly (probably) The bounceback offers are usually for the same level of hotels, right? So I may not get a bounceback that would work for the Poly if I stay at a value. Or does it matter? Anyone have experience with bounceback wording?

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 07-08-2012, 10:36 AM   #2908
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

I also had the AP 40% off in January. Since then the AP rates have been at 20% for Spring and 5% for Summer. The BB was 35% and yes, you can book it for the Poly even if you are at AOA. Assuming the dates you want are available.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 07-08-2012, 10:50 AM   #2909
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
I also had the AP 40% off in January. Since then the AP rates have been at 20% for Spring and 5% for Summer. The BB was 35% and yes, you can book it for the Poly even if you are at AOA. Assuming the dates you want are available.
Brilliant! Thank you so much.

Assuming it's offered and available, of course. Fingers crossed for favorable Poly winds to blow my way.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 07-08-2012, 01:04 PM   #2910
PolyndianPrincessJes
Alias: TotalSnowWhite
I'm a Snapfish/Shutterfly/Winkflash addict
Yes, you totally can do that, and I do!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
Hi Jess!
Based on Tikiman he doesn't think the room refurbs will start until the new year, but both he & Carlnix have said that a hot tub installation will begin "towards the end of the year", where the premium cabana currently sits. They will also be expanding the pool deck a bit and then enclosing the whole thing with a fence.

And start saving your pennies because the word is Poly DVC is coming! (Tikiman's story is that the GCH will come down & it will be replaced with an Aulani-style building that includes DVC)
Interesting and good to know!! Now, I've been hearing rumors about the GCH. Would be bittersweet to see that happen. However, I've been putting off buying because we're a Poly family, but this could change that for sure!!

And it would be fantastic to be able to relax in the hot tub at the Poly!! The pool changes sound exciting! I'll have to go poke around Tikiman's site.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: