Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #2776
Stasieki
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday View Post
That's what Tim the bartender communicated to us as well.
Thank you. That will make Poly beyond perfect.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:58 PM   #2777
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

I loathe public hot tubs. They're like giant pots of germ stew.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2012, 09:20 PM   #2778
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I am with you on that. Hot tubs are not my thing and public ones I don't ever go in.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:26 PM   #2779
ireneryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Right there with you too. Those things should be illegal...
Old 06-27-2012, 10:10 PM   #2780
ajh88
DIS Veteran

Shameless ticker check...I'm doing my double digit dance today!

Technically I think we might still be triple digits away from the Poly, but double digits away from when we leave.

Woo hoo!

Old 06-28-2012, 09:13 AM   #2781
weHEARTmickey
Dreamin' of Disney.......

Quote:
These are the most disgusting things ever thought of!!! Our friends went on vacation over spring break & BOTH their children ended up with MRSA staph infection. All they can think of is that they both got in the hot tub. The little boy had to have surgery on his leg, stayed in the hospital for about a week, and took several weeks to get over it. It was terrible! The little girl had it IN HER EAR. I am the resident "germ freak" so I used it as an "I told ya so" with my family. Thankfully both kids are doing well, and probably won't be using hot tubs anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princssdisnygina View Post
You could have a ticker like mine!
That's my plan! I will set a goal to have a ticker like yours
Oct 6, 2012-Anniversary Cruise- 7 Nights on Magic with DH ..~.. Oct 27, 2012- 7 Nights on Disney Magic w/Kids & Granny
Dec 2012-8 days of Deluxe Dining at the Poly ..~.. Dec 2012- 6 Night Christmas surprise on Disney Magic
Jan 2013-1st trip to DISNEYLAND!! Disneyland Hotel ..~.. May 2013-8 days at Yacht Club/Grand Floridian/AKL/AoA!
Sept 2013-13 days Wilderness Club Level & AKL Club Level NOJ ..~.. Oct 2013 DCL HalloWONDER Cruise
June 2014: Last Minute Combo trip: Disney Dream + Coronado Springs Resort
UPCOMING Trips: WDW 2 weeks, Disneyland 1 week, AULANI 10 days
Old 06-28-2012, 09:46 AM   #2782
MartDM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I agree...just walking by a public hot tub makes me gag to think of what a sesspool it really is Reading all those posts for people wishing for one at the Poly made me wonder if they knew what they were getting into!
Old 06-28-2012, 10:14 AM   #2783
Missus Toad
Amazing! She actually stays awake during the Hall of Presidents!

Quote:
One of the great things about the Poly was that I never had to battle to keep my kids out of the hot tub. The idea of everything in that human soup skeeves me to no end. I wish they'd expand the pool area instead.

Most recent 8/21/13-8/31/13 at GF and Poly.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:36 AM   #2784
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missus Toad View Post
One of the great things about the Poly was that I never had to battle to keep my kids out of the hot tub. The idea of everything in that human soup skeeves me to no end. I wish they'd expand the pool area instead.
I agree 110%. Keeping DS out of the hot tub will be a great joy.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:39 PM   #2785
Stasieki
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartDM View Post
I agree...just walking by a public hot tub makes me gag to think of what a sesspool it really is Reading all those posts for people wishing for one at the Poly made me wonder if they knew what they were getting into!
Well, now I don't care if they ever put in a hot tub after reading all this

I guess I should say Thank you for the warning - haha. No hot tubs for me.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:43 AM   #2786
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Just popping to share my excitement!!
75 days to go !!!
Old 06-29-2012, 08:21 AM   #2787
cmac609
DIS Veteran

Breaks a mother's heart

First of all let me say, this is the first time in the past 6 years that we aren't going to the Poly for the 4th of July.

So what happens, my boys woke up this morning crying because we didn't wake them up (usually we leave around 3-4 am togo to the airport) to go to Disney.

It breaks my heart. I feel so bad for them. What a mother to do?

DH, :: Me: ds11, ds9, ds2
7/2006 Polynesian (Samoa) (First Time), 7/2011 Polynesian (Hawaii)
7/2008 Polynesian (Samoa) & Universal Lowes Royal Pacific & 12/2008 Pop Century
7/2009 Polynesian (Hawaii)
7/2010 Polynesian (Hawaii) & Universal Lowes Royal Pacific
Old 06-29-2012, 10:05 AM   #2788
grecorj
Dis Obsessed

Just back: brief Poly report (June 21-27)

Just back from a 6 night trip to the Poly! We were in Fiji, 3rd floor, marina side. Terrific view of GCH, Volcano Pool, marina.

Yes it rained but we still had a great trip. Temps were no more than mid-80's everyday, much much cooler than our trip at end of June/July in 2010 (mid-90s and sun), so that was nice.

Sunday was the biggest washout for us -- we got soaked in DTD in the morning, but had a very nice meal at Wolfgang Puck Express. Then we canceled our Fantasmic dinner reservation for that night because the rain just wasn't letting up and none of us wanted to sit in the rain and watch it. (Just FYI, they refunded my $40 credit card guarantee for Hollywood & Vine at the Poly front desk after a brief discussion).

We opened WS in EPCOT on Monday and it was awesome -- I have pics of just us in the park! One brief heavy downpour, we hid in Italy shops. Monday night we closed MK at midnight, a first for our family! It was a great night to be in the park, the crowds were very very low and we walked on almost everything. Go EARLY (park opening) or Go LATE (>Wishes) is best touring advice ever.

We got in some swim time at the pool on 3 of the days -- there was actually blue sky from time to time, haha! People were in the pool rain or shine everyday.

I had reserved a pool cabana on Friday afternoon, but thunder/lightning at 3pm closed the pool -- at least I got my money back. But the cabana would have been great! Would definitely book for a future trip.

Some Poly food thoughts:

+ 'Ohana breakfast food & service -- just as good as previous trips in '07, '08 and '10.
+ Kona - ditto (breakfast)
+ Cap'n. Cooks - menu needs a little shaking up, hasn't changed in years. Food was good, tho.

I thought the Poly looked great overall. Housekeeping was great, everyone was very friendly. Our room was in perfect condition. Lots of water on sidewalks near corner of Fiji/Tuvalu when we had heaviest rain -- they had to sweep/blow water off the next morning --a little drainage work needed here!

Lots of MK ride breakdowns while we were there: Pirates, Splash, Big Thunder all down for periods of time. I think Big Thunder closed on Monday night(?) for several hours at least.

Oh, and the only inconvenience the Obama speech at Contemporary on 6/22 caused was they held the monorail at one point when we were leaving MK ... we saw it was being held and jumped on a waiting boat back to the Poly. Love the transportation options to the Poly.

Tuesday night and Wednesday morning MK was getting very crowded with weather getting better....temps were also getting warmer on Wednesday a.m.

Already missing it and looking forward to next trip.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:16 AM   #2789
WOODY13
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if the concierge menu that is posted on page one of this thread is still currently what they are serving?
Old 06-29-2012, 03:10 PM   #2790
LorieDisneyLover
Mouseketeer

We're here!

Our flight was on-time and uneventful. Waited about 10 minutes for the Magical Express and arrived at the resort within 30 minutes. Rockland was our driver and he was a real winner ... had the bus laughing with lots of jokes and picture ops.

Greeted at the bus by club level and taken straight to Hawaii and our rooms were ready. Requests were met.

Sadly, Kathy -- one of our favorite cast members who works at the club desk is retiring today after many years. She's watched our children grow from little tots barely walking to teenagers today. We will surely miss her.

Went to the pool today and had to battle the 'table hoggers.' This one lady had 3 tables taken up with towels insisting her family was 'eating' and would be back at any moment. Luckly another family was leaving and gave us their table and said that she had those tables reserved for 3 hours straight and not a soul had used them. 2 hours later she finally removed the towels -- I think she saw me taking pictures with my iphone of the empty table every 20 minutes . hehehe

Looking forward to dinner at Tony's tonight.

Any questions? I'll try to keep you all updated and get some pics too.

Planning our 1st trip as DVC Members after years of staying at the Polynesian Resort!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: