Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 07:52 PM   #2761
SharonLowe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlmig View Post
After a year of planning and being SO excited for our first ever stay at the poly, after 1200 miles of driving, we checked in today and the day has been awful. Torrential rains ALL DAY. We are pretty flexible people and no matter how hard we tried to tough it our with our four children after about four hours at magic kingdom we just couldn't do it anymore. The storm isn't moving and it is just sitting over central florida dumping massive amounts of rain. We are looking at another three or four days of this. I am going to cry. I wanted this to magical for the kids and so far... not so much. :-(
So sorry about that. We suffered through the first day of it. Went to AK early in the am when it wasn't too bad and got on everything we wanted to do without a wait. As it got harder, we toughed it out for an hour or so - got to see all the characters without a wait and people were just walking into the shows without any wait. I know it is tough but there are some benefits to bad weather. If I could suggest, try Epcot (future world), with all its indoor attractions, or AK for the shows and character interactions, which are all under cover. You'll get wet but you will get to do a lot of things. Also, my DD and I talked about which resorts would be the best during the rain and decided Contemporary would be good due to its indoor shopping and food options - just hop the monorail over there. And, AKL is good too - they have lots of indoor activities plus plenty of indoor space from which to view the animals. The animals enjoy the cooler weather and if it isn't too rainy, they will be wandering more than normal.

We were lucky to be concierge with a theme park view so we just enjoyed our room and the amenities of the lounge. But, try to enjoy the indoor things Poly has to offer or take the time to visit the Contemporary and Grand Floridian for their indoor spaces and activities.

I hope the weather improves. I dropped my DD off at Sea World Camp earlier today and they are bracing for a very unusual camp experience for them this week.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:56 PM   #2762
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by virge View Post
So this is kind of a Dining/Transportation/Polynesian question. I debated about where to post it & decided this group seemed like they'd give the most knowledgable answer... I'm planning my family's 1st trip to Disney in October. I thought I had all my ADRs planned & then I started reading about WCC & decided my 6 year old boys would enjoy it. All my other ADRs are in a park or at the Poly. How difficult is it to wrangle a group to/from the Poly/WL for a dinner reservation at WCC?
You would have to take the monorail to the MK then a boat to WL or a boat to MK then a boat to WL.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2012, 08:11 PM   #2763
Stasieki
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masonmj84 View Post
We went this past Feb. (albeit to CSR and not the Poly) and on our arrival day, it only got into the high 50s. However, it was actually fairly comfortable in the pool (which, by the way, was deserted) since they heat the water to like 78 degrees. Getting OUT of the pool was the issue.

This is where a hot tub is nice because, upon exiting the pool, you can immediately jump in and warm up. And, when getting out of a hot tub, you don't immediately feel uncomfortable in sub-70 degree temperatures (unless it's really cold and/or windy).

As far as the Poly hot tub, I believe that's simply a rumor Tikiman started in late April. I haven't seen anything about it since on his web site (and have heard nothing elsewhere that didn't ultimately refer back to his web site, including anything from any official Disney source - in that regard, does anyone know how far in advance Disney typically announces resort construction?)
Thank you. I hope Poly gets a hot tub. We loved the hot tub at CSR a few years ago.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:54 AM   #2764
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Aloha everyone! We got back late Saturday from a wonderful 11 day stay at the Poly! Still catching up on the real life and will post lots of pictures too!

To all of you there now, sorry about all the rain. We had rain on this trip (more then expected) but our October trip had record rainfalls, so I sympathize.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Old 06-26-2012, 11:52 AM   #2765
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasieki View Post
Thank you. I hope Poly gets a hot tub. We loved the hot tub at CSR a few years ago.
Carlnix had some confirmation of the hot tub rumour a few weeks ago when he was posting from the Poly. He said it will be going where the premium cabana is currently located and I think construction is supposed to begin towards the end of the year (I don't know how long that would take).

me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan Daisy
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Poly
Old 06-27-2012, 05:58 AM   #2766
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
Carlnix had some confirmation of the hot tub rumour a few weeks ago when he was posting from the Poly. He said it will be going where the premium cabana is currently located and I think construction is supposed to begin towards the end of the year (I don't know how long that would take).
That's what Tim the bartender communicated to us as well.
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Old 06-27-2012, 11:24 AM   #2767
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

2 more sleeps until I am on my way!
Old 06-27-2012, 12:43 PM   #2768
ireneryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princssdisnygina View Post
Have a great trip!!! And let us all know how your stay was! I'm dying for more Poly reports!!
Old 06-27-2012, 12:52 PM   #2769
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireneryan View Post
Have a great trip!!! And let us all know how your stay was! I'm dying for more Poly reports!!
Will Do!
Old 06-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #2770
weHEARTmickey
Dreamin' of Disney.......

Quote:
Hope you have an awesome time! I CANNOT WAIT 'till I'm only 2 sleeps away But then that will mean I'm only 11 sleeps away from being BACK home I need a ticker like YOUR'S!
Oct 6, 2012-Anniversary Cruise- 7 Nights on Magic with DH ..~.. Oct 27, 2012- 7 Nights on Disney Magic w/Kids & Granny
Dec 2012-8 days of Deluxe Dining at the Poly ..~.. Dec 2012- 6 Night Christmas surprise on Disney Magic
Jan 2013-1st trip to DISNEYLAND!! Disneyland Hotel ..~.. May 2013-8 days at Yacht Club/Grand Floridian/AKL/AoA!
Sept 2013-13 days Wilderness Club Level & AKL Club Level NOJ ..~.. Oct 2013 DCL HalloWONDER Cruise
June 2014: Last Minute Combo trip: Disney Dream + Coronado Springs Resort
UPCOMING Trips: WDW 2 weeks, Disneyland 1 week, AULANI 10 days
Old 06-27-2012, 02:47 PM   #2771
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by weHEARTmickey View Post
Hope you have an awesome time! I CANNOT WAIT 'till I'm only 2 sleeps away But then that will mean I'm only 11 sleeps away from being BACK home I need a ticker like YOUR'S!
You could have a ticker like mine!
Old 06-27-2012, 04:16 PM   #2772
LorieDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Less than 48 hours and we'll be at the Polynesian pool.

:b anana:

Loving our new home at BLT!

Old 06-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #2773
ireneryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorieDisneyLover View Post
Less than 48 hours and we'll be at the Polynesian pool.

:b anana:
So awesome!!! Have a great trip!!
Old 06-27-2012, 08:30 PM   #2774
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You could have a ticker like mine!
I love your ticker but then I sort of like mine too! And there are even a couple of trips that I haven't added .... too lazy to change my ticker .... now that's sad!
Old 06-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #2775
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I love your ticker but then I sort of like mine too! And there are even a couple of trips that I haven't added .... too lazy to change my ticker .... now that's sad!
Yep! You have a good ticker too! I have one I don't have on here because we keep changing the date!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: