Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-26-2012, 04:27 PM   #2371
Carrie772
Resolve to Recycle!
 
Carrie772's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Huntsville Alabama
Posts: 1,569

I agree with you all: the water is yucky. I will drink it if I need something free, but that smell is just yuck to me. I even dislike the smell of the ice in my cokes! Picky, right?

BTW: 8 day dance!!!
__________________
Me: DH: DS17: DD14: DS11:
'76 CR; '83 offsite; '94 CBR; '02 Residence Inn; '04 CSR; '05 Poly; '05 ASSp/WL; '06 Poly; '07 POR; '07 WL; '08 CSR; '09 Poly; '10 WL; '11 Poly; '11 POR/Poly; '12 CR/Poly; '13 Poly; '14 Quickie at BC;
Carrie772 is offline  
Old 05-27-2012, 08:59 AM   #2372
carlnix30
DIS Veteran
 
carlnix30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,634

I was looking at the dining plan and noticed that writers stop in HS is no longer on the plan! Has anyone that has been there recently know if indeed that is the case?
__________________

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
carlnix30 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-28-2012, 01:44 AM   #2373
iRy
Mouseketeer
 
iRy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: California
Posts: 78

Just returned home from the Poly. It was our first time and we enjoyed it very much!

Now we are looking forward to a future trip!
__________________
2000 - Offsite
2002 - Caribbean Beach Resort
2004 - BoardWalk Inn
2005 - Port Orleans Riverside & Animal Kingdom Lodge
2006 - Yacht Club & Animal Kingdom Lodge
2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
2010 - Port Orleans Riverside
2012 - Coronado Springs Resort & The Polynesian
2013 - Pop Century Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge
iRy is offline  
Old 05-28-2012, 08:54 AM   #2374
TheNewMrsB
DIS Veteran
 
TheNewMrsB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 693

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
So glad to hear about your upcoming trip! Unfortunately for me, I won't be there to see you this year. Our family trip is at the end of July and we are going to CSR then BWV. But of course, you are probably happy not to see the nutty lady at the pool bugging you
Hey lady! Are you kidding? We loved seeing you! And I miss talking on the boards with you about the various beverages in WDW (I just looked through my PTR and that's, like, all we talked about).
__________________
Jen & Rob's Not-So-Scary Deluxe Dining Report

October 1998 - First Visit
September 2008 - Honeymoon, Polynesian
September 2009, 2010, 2012 - Anniversary, Polynesian
December 2012 & 2014 - at the Polynesian
TheNewMrsB is offline  
Old 05-28-2012, 02:01 PM   #2375
mickey2minnie1
DIS Veteran
 
mickey2minnie1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,722

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRy View Post
Just returned home from the Poly. It was our first time and we enjoyed it very much!

Now we are looking forward to a future trip!
Give us details so we can have our Poly fix?
__________________
Summer 2015??
Mar 2014 3 nights OKW
June 2013 6 nights Reunion/5 nights Poly GVCL
Nov/Dec 2010 5 nights at the Poly with my 3 children
June 2010 3 nights at the Poly w/ DH
Oct/Nov 2009 8 nights at the Poly GVCL
Oct/Nov 2007 9 nights at the Poly

Me DH DS 17 DS 14 DD 12 Sebastian 6
mickey2minnie1 is offline  
Old 05-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #2376
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic
 
Tinkerbellie16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mile High Rockies
Posts: 3,756

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewMrsB View Post
Hey lady! Are you kidding? We loved seeing you! And I miss talking on the boards with you about the various beverages in WDW (I just looked through my PTR and that's, like, all we talked about).
Aw, thanks! I LOVE all the yummy drinks at the Poly and WDW! I was on my quest for new things when I was there a couple weeks ago by myself. I discovered the Pomegrante Margarita at La Cava in Mexico - YUM! And I tried a frozen Bacardi mojito at the Refreshment Port (located just before Canada as you enter world showcase). It was really good! I dare say that I enjoyed it as much as a Grey Goose Slushie! It had a great mojito taste even though it just looked like a colorless slushie. But it was in a large cup (not the dinky ones from France ) and it wasn't as expensive (about $8).

And on my last Poly trip (last October), I really enjoyed the Island Sunset. While it isn't as potent as some of the drinks, it made for a refreshing and tasty drink to start off the evening. Here is a picture of the drink and the menu opened to that page:

__________________
DH ME DS (12) DD (10)


6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline  
Old 05-29-2012, 03:48 PM   #2377
carlnix30
DIS Veteran
 
carlnix30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,634

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
Aw, thanks! I LOVE all the yummy drinks at the Poly and WDW! I was on my quest for new things when I was there a couple weeks ago by myself. I discovered the Pomegrante Margarita at La Cava in Mexico - YUM! And I tried a frozen Bacardi mojito at the Refreshment Port (located just before Canada as you enter world showcase). It was really good! I dare say that I enjoyed it as much as a Grey Goose Slushie! It had a great mojito taste even though it just looked like a colorless slushie. But it was in a large cup (not the dinky ones from France ) and it wasn't as expensive (about $8).

And on my last Poly trip (last October), I really enjoyed the Island Sunset. While it isn't as potent as some of the drinks, it made for a refreshing and tasty drink to start off the evening. Here is a picture of the drink and the menu opened to that page:

I love that sunset!! Yummy,, but did anyone notice there is no price on the menu?? (as if we don't care how much it is!)
__________________

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
carlnix30 is offline  
Old 05-29-2012, 07:32 PM   #2378
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!
 
Cdn Friends of Pooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Albert, AB Canada
Posts: 6,340

Just back from our Poly stay ... didn't see this posted anywhere so thought I'd post a quick pic of the new toiletries. Don't know if the change was just in the Hawaii Bldg or resort wide
__________________


Cdn Friends of Pooh is offline  
Old 05-29-2012, 07:46 PM   #2379
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,069

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn Friends of Pooh View Post
Just back from our Poly stay ... didn't see this posted anywhere so thought I'd post a quick pic of the new toiletries. Don't know if the change was just in the Hawaii Bldg or resort wide
Those are the same ones at WL. It's probably the same in all deluxes.
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 05-29-2012, 11:38 PM   #2380
nonnasally
forever tink
 
nonnasally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Philly suburbs
Posts: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn Friends of Pooh View Post
Just back from our Poly stay ... didn't see this posted anywhere so thought I'd post a quick pic of the new toiletries. Don't know if the change was just in the Hawaii Bldg or resort wide
At polyp right now and only getting the regular standard toiletries as in years past. We are in Fiji.
__________________
<<a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/p07jel9dw2j410ds.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a> <a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/p07jel9dw2j410ds.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
nonnasally is offline  
Old 05-29-2012, 11:53 PM   #2381
nonnasally
forever tink
 
nonnasally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Philly suburbs
Posts: 366

monorail update

Just returned from extra magic hours at epcot. Had to take a bus back and was a bit miffed. Was not aware mono stops running at 10 magic hours or not. More angry at myself for not knowing this fact. Did I miss the memo? One of the cm's told me it was like that last year too. Must have never noticed and feel so dumb. DGD and I stood in a too packed bus shared with the GF. Not a big deal considering how wonderful the rest of the trip has been...... But wanted to let anyone else know who also was unaware.
__________________
<<a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/p07jel9dw2j410ds.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a> <a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/p07jel9dw2j410ds.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
nonnasally is offline  
Old 05-30-2012, 04:34 AM   #2382
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!
 
1971DBday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Downers Grove, IL
Posts: 1,236

Ticker Check!!!!


Posted from Disboards.com App for Android
__________________
Dad Mom DD(17)DS(14) DD(8)
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners


1971DBday is offline  
Old 05-30-2012, 04:52 AM   #2383
carlnix30
DIS Veteran
 
carlnix30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,634

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnasally View Post
Just returned from extra magic hours at epcot. Had to take a bus back and was a bit miffed. Was not aware mono stops running at 10 magic hours or not. More angry at myself for not knowing this fact. Did I miss the memo? One of the cm's told me it was like that last year too. Must have never noticed and feel so dumb. DGD and I stood in a too packed bus shared with the GF. Not a big deal considering how wonderful the rest of the trip has been...... But wanted to let anyone else know who also was unaware.
Have you Been in Hollywood studios? Does writers stop take DDP? I heard they stopped this year but I wanted confirmation!
__________________

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
carlnix30 is offline  
Old 05-30-2012, 05:10 AM   #2384
guitarob
Polynesian Obsessed
 
guitarob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sicklerville, NJ 1,023 Miles from where I belong.
Posts: 1,125

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
Have you Been in Hollywood studios? Does writers stop take DDP? I heard they stopped this year but I wanted confirmation!
Maybe this question is better suited for the restaurants board? According to the literature found here: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/pla...y-dining-plan/ the Writer's Stop is not on the DDP anymore.
__________________


When we get to heaven, We'll hear "ALOHA!" 2010 Trip Report


1978, 1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1990 & 1993: Family trips to the Polynesian,
2001 - All Star Music, 2006 - Polynesian, 2008 - Honeymoon at the Polynesian, 2009 - Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2010 - Another Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2012 - Yet ANOTHER Anniversary at the Polynesian and a Christmas trip to the Polynesian!! 2014 - Christmas at the Polynesian!
guitarob is offline  
Old 05-30-2012, 05:16 AM   #2385
carlnix30
DIS Veteran
 
carlnix30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,634

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarob View Post
Maybe this question is better suited for the restaurants board? According to the literature found here: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/pla...y-dining-plan/ the Writer's Stop is not on the DDP anymore.
Sorry about that Rob.
__________________

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
carlnix30 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: