Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 06:13 AM   #2041
cheer34
Earning My Ears

More pics Mousekeeping

I was so impressed with Mousekeeping, I had to post some of their towel animal handiwork!

Old 05-06-2012, 06:18 AM   #2042
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

BeautIful ! Thanks for shareing.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2012, 07:05 AM   #2043
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

OMG cheer34!!!! Great pictures to wake up too!!!! Thank you!!!!

70 More days until 10 glorious Poly nights!!!.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 05-06-2012, 07:27 AM   #2044
DisMom72
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
Double check when you call to book, but if I remember correctly the cancellation is 24hrs notice or you can cancel on the day of if the weather is really bad. I don't know how they define that, so I would just keep my eye on the weather and cancel the day before if I think it isn't going to be nice, just to be safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I was told if the pool closes then you can cancel your cabana rental without penalty. Other than that you either sit in it in the rain or pay the fee. I think I'd sit in it with a Lapu Lapu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
Cancellation policy is rain or shine 24 hr notice. Unless the pool has been closed for the period of your rental. It's hard to get out if it because it is ran by recreation, not the resort.
Thank's so much for the information! That's exactly what I was looking for I will double check the policy when I call. Carlnix30...it looks like we will be missing you and your family by about a week. We check-in in 4 weeks and 5 days I hope you and your family have a super time!
Old 05-06-2012, 07:32 AM   #2045
DisMom72
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebbynan View Post
Hey DisMom72...Stewartstown??? Too funny - I live in Dallastown!!

Enjoy your trip and I'd love to see some pictures when you get back!!!!
Hi Hebbynan! That is too funny! What a small world! Thank you so much for the well wishes! We really are soooo excited. I will definitely take a lot of pictures and try my hand at posting them when we get back
Old 05-06-2012, 08:11 AM   #2046
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Wonderful pics! Thank you so much for posting and bringing a smile to everyone this morning

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014

Old 05-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #2047
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebbynan View Post
Hello Everyone! I'm new to this particular thread. We've always stayed at a value resort or Shades of Green (when with my parents), but are looking to stay at the Poly October 2013 - it's never too early to plan you know! I have a question for you Ploy Gods and Goddesses......which longhouse would be the best: Rarotonga or Tokelau? We'd like to be semi close to the GCH, but DH is concerned about views. Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions? -Heather
We are fans of Samoa and love to be as close as we can to the Volcano pool, however Tokelau would be my next choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMom72 View Post
Hello All! Getting ready for our first ever Poly stay We check in in 33 days......but who's counting We will be there right around Father's Day. I was concidering renting a cabana as a suprise for my husband (Tinkerbellie16 thanks for the amazing photo's and cabana scoop ). Does anyone know the cancellation policy for the cabana's?? I know there is a lot of rain in June, just wondering what happens if it rains Thanks so much for your help and thanks so much for all of the awesome information on this thread! It has definitely made the planning process soooo much easier
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
Double check when you call to book, but if I remember correctly the cancellation is 24hrs notice or you can cancel on the day of if the weather is really bad. I don't know how they define that, so I would just keep my eye on the weather and cancel the day before if I think it isn't going to be nice, just to be safe.
This is what I was told as well, but they said rain. Saying bad weather would be a challenge with definition of bad weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I was told if the pool closes then you can cancel your cabana rental without penalty. Other than that you either sit in it in the rain or pay the fee. I think I'd sit in it with a Lapu Lapu.
I double checked and you can cancel without fee for rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheer34 View Post

This one is my favorite!!!!!
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Old 05-06-2012, 10:26 AM   #2048
cheer34
Earning My Ears

More pics

Here are some more....

A little midday refresher

Some mickey truffles that they had at the Club lounge. So adorable!

And just a cool shot taken from one of the Poly hammocks

Old 05-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #2049
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMom72 View Post
Thank's so much for the information! That's exactly what I was looking for I will double check the policy when I call. Carlnix30...it looks like we will be missing you and your family by about a week. We check-in in 4 weeks and 5 days I hope you and your family have a super time!
Thank you for well wishes! We will reserve seats by the pool for you!
Here's a little
Quote:
Here are some more....

!!
I love those longboards!! Honey, hoppy, goodness!!

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 05-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #2050
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Here are some more....

Wow! DH tried this one in Kona last December -- I think it's great that they have it at the Poly! I like the little things that make each resort different from the others.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 05-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #2051
cobbler

Tag #1: (Under Construction: Waiting for cobbler to say something worth tagging! )

Tag #2: Beat husband in a debate

I'm at the Poly now. Last night before going home Pool is closed right now for "chemical imbalance"... Anywho, perfect time for pictures & as I was walking around I heard about 6 families talking about how they were going to go back to their hotel. Mostly values & even off site! They really need to start carding people as this pool was super busy today!! Even heard a couple families say they would go over to Cont to swim since this one is closed!

It would really help with the capacity if they started requiring the showing of IDs.

Other than this, having a great time!

Jan '00 - CBR / Dec '01 - CSR / Dec '03 - POR / Dec '04 - Pop & Sports / Oct '05 - POFQ / Nov '05 - 1st trip home to SSR / Nov '06 - CR Tower / Jan '07 - BWV
Oct '07 - SSMC07 & SSR / Nov '07 - ASMo / Apr '08 - AKV & ASMu / Sept '08 - SSMC08 & CBR / Nov '08 - GF /May '09 - DCL & YC /Oct '09 - SSR / Dec '09 - OKW & DCL
Apr '10 - GCV / Oct '10 - OKW / Dec '11 - VWL / Jan '12 -SSR / May '12 -Poly Concierge / Sept '12 - Grand Californian Concierge / Jan '13 - SSR

Disney Races:
Oct '07 - ToT 6.5K / May '08 - Minnie 15K / Sept '08 - EE 5K / Sept '09 - EE 5K / Oct '09 - RFTT / Oct '10 - W&D 1/2 Marathon / Jan '12 - Donald / Sept '12 - Disneyland half
Jan '13 - Goofy Challenge
Old 05-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #2052
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbler View Post
I'm at the Poly now. Last night before going home Pool is closed right now for "chemical imbalance"... Anywho, perfect time for pictures & as I was walking around I heard about 6 families talking about how they were going to go back to their hotel. Mostly values & even off site! They really need to start carding people as this pool was super busy today!! Even heard a couple families say they would go over to Cont to swim since this one is closed!

It would really help with the capacity if they started requiring the showing of IDs.

I totally agree on the pool "room check" thing. We are staying at the YC this time and a good part of the reason is that they strictly check room IDs before letting people even sit around SAB. I love the Poly, especially the volcano pool area with the beach, lake, and castle views, but I am tired of fighting for a place to sit with people who obviously (we could hear them talk about it) weren't staying at the Poly.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 05-06-2012, 04:08 PM   #2053
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Here are some more....

And just a cool shot taken from one of the Poly hammocks

Thanks for your lovely photos--I particularly loved this one!

You do realize, however, that for your first stay--doing CL--has forever spoiled you. Once you go to the dark side, it is very difficult to go without. . .it is an addiction that must be fed. I speak from personal experience and many thousands of dollars lighter in the wallet. That said, I wouldn't trade one moment of the time we spent at the Polynesian in CL for anything.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:11 PM   #2054
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
I totally agree on the pool "room check" thing. We are staying at the YC this time and a good part of the reason is that they strictly check room IDs before letting people even sit around SAB. I love the Poly, especially the volcano pool area with the beach, lake, and castle views, but I am tired of fighting for a place to sit with people who obviously (we could hear them talk about it) weren't staying at the Poly.
I'm sorry, but in this instance, I think would become a tattle tale! I have a hard time with rule breakers, and if I am paying the money to stay at the POLY, I want to play without outsiders/ transients taking up all the space! that's just me though....I'd have to speak up!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 05-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #2055
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbler View Post

While the pool hoppers happen, we need to remember that DVC folks have the right to "pool hop". They may have been staying off-site and/or at a value, but could also be DVC owners. Many DVC folks (and I am not one) choose to stay at a lesser costly location for portions of their trip to conserve points.

I don't want to start a debate because we have all experienced the overcrowding of the Polynesian pool simply because it is located in close proximity to MK. Frankly, the volcano pool was never a huge draw for our family--our kids actually preferred the quiet pool even when they were young. Despite that preference, it is a royal pain to not be able to locate seating when you choose to locate at the volcano pool.

I love those "chemical imbalances". . . I can't tell you how many times the volcano pool was closed over the years due to inconsiderate folks who refuse to properly attire their "potty trained" little ones.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: