Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 11:13 PM   #1996
HalloweenNut
Rapidly becoming obsessive about all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebrown96 View Post
Am I allowed to ask a non-Poly question here? The rest of the DIS overwhelm me!

What are your thoughts on EMH? Two friends at work swear by them, but I'm reading online to avoid the parks with EMH since they're so busy. Does it make a difference if we have hoppers?

Anywhere online to see what days we should do/avoid which parks?

Thanks! 2 1/2 days!!!
I don't have a lot of experience but I do know from our trip just last week the one day we went to a park with EMH it was the most crowded we had seen all week when we avoided them. It was Sat. April 28 and Disney switched around the evening EMH to Epcot that day and it was too late for us to juggle the schedule. We got there for rope drop and did what we wanted to do but by 1pm when we left it was very crowded with long lines.

Pirates, Jedi & Characters, Oh My! (aka... an excess of planning pays off!) An April 2012 Trip Report at the Polynesian
Old 05-03-2012, 06:06 AM   #1997
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberwee View Post
I know that DVCZERFS should be dancing with us...

im still dancing!!!
:: banana:
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2012, 06:11 AM   #1998
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:

What are your thoughts on EMH? Two friends at work swear by them, but I'm reading online to avoid the parks with EMH since they're so busy. Does it make a difference if we have hoppers?

Thanks! 2 1/2 days!!!
we only do the am emh. we get there at rope drop and find the place alot less crowded the first hour or two. example,the mk, we can hit about 5-6 rides in the first hour and if your like space mountain or any of the long wait rides, that is the time to do them. if you come stollen in at 10am, the park is going to be getting crowded.
we do rope drop everyday. stay till about 12-1pm. go back to the resort, nap,hang out then back to a park around 4pm or so. seems to work well for us for years.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #1999
Janny
Earning My Ears

Smile Dear Maiapapaya,

Thanks for the fan info!!
Hope you're going back to the Poly soon!?!
Old 05-03-2012, 08:42 AM   #2000
Tebrown96
Mouseketeer

Thanks to everyone for the EMH info, esp. that link to EasyWDW - very helpful! So, it looks like we'll try to do parks that DON'T have EMH, unless we're going in particular for the early EMH. Thank you so much - I'm trying not to stress, but it's in my nature. :-)
Old 05-03-2012, 09:27 AM   #2001
Auntie Liz
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childs1stTime2Disney View Post
Just got back a few days ago from our first ever Poly vacation! What a great resort. The grounds are just breathtaking, as is the location.

I am already planning my next trip. I am sad to be home.
That's what I am afraid of. The bummer of coming home and back to reality.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:59 AM   #2002
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janny View Post
Those pictures look like PARADISE !!!!!
I hate to annoy you with questions, BUT....one more please !!! Is the fan up top of the cabana operational?? Our youngest is in a wheelchair and heats up pretty easily. She is in an open-eyed coma so she looks just like a toddler sitting upright in the wheelchair, but tends to need the fan if the humidity is extremely high. This is why we booked 2 full day cabana rentals and 2 half days. When my husband stays back to watch her, I'll be off to MK or Epcot with our other 2 children and vice versa. I'll rest more easily if I know she has shaded comfort when I'm not the one back watching her. Thanks again for ALL the info!!
I see on your ticker....a solo trip....is that you or your husband going?? Glad you have a family one on the horizon also!
I know you got your answer already (yup, the fans work!) but just wanted to add that with the ability to open and close whichever sides of the cabana you want, you can control a bit of the wind and how much you want (IF it is breezy while you are there). If your youngest can be taken out of the wheelchair and put on one of the couches or lounges, that might help with keeping her cool. You can move the furniture under the shade or out in the sun and the attendant can help with that too. My father was in a coma for 5 years so I can understand a bit

That solo trip is for me I'm actually going for a conference for 3 of the days but then the 3 other days I will be touring around WDW. My kids are bummed that it is over Mother's Day and while I'm a *little* sad about it, I tell them they are giving me a huge gift by letting me go to WDW! Work is paying for the majority of the trip and I'll use my AP so I'm pretty excited. I'm going to stay at CBR for this trip.

Quote:
Seriously!!! Checked the extended forecast for next week and its calling for rain. I have lived in FL before and know that the weather changes quickly and it will more than likely rain at least once, but this shows 60% Thunderstorms with Dark Green shading...

Booo!

Consider this my "rain, rain, go away..." dance:
Don't look at the weather forecast until you get REALLY close!!! And even then, rain could just mean for an hour or less or maybe just part of the day. And plan for the 'worst' (rain) so if you do get sun, you will be that much happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I'm considering throwing in an extra cabana day. We loved it so much last year. I can't imagine sitting by the pool all day without one! Night time isn't a big deal because there's no sun to hide from but during the day there's nothing better than having your own little area to retreat to complete with drinks and fruit!
Do it!

Quote:

Thanks! 2 1/2 days!!!
I don't like to stress in the mornings about getting to a park so we don't do morning EMH and we avoid those parks on those mornings. We will occasionally use the evening EMH but we go understanding that the lines for the rides in the first 1.5 hours will be LONG! So we will go and use that time to go on the shorter line rides or to just stroll the park. If we are going to a park to get on the popular rides, we always do those first thing in the morning or with a fastpass.

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 05-03-2012, 11:32 AM   #2003
Childs1stTime2Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Liz View Post
That's what I am afraid of. The bummer of coming home and back to reality.
I want to try to post a pic of our view from our room in Tokelau. You could not ask for a better location IMO. And it was my first pick that they gladly granted. I will try to post the pic.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #2004
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Thanks for the fan info!!
Hope you're going back to the Poly soon!?!
You're welcome Janny! Yes, we are heading back to the Poly the last week of October. I don't know if I consider that "soon", but it's the Poly, and it's less than six months away, so I'll take it!

me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan Daisy
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Poly
Old 05-03-2012, 12:15 PM   #2005
Janny
Earning My Ears

Dear Tinkerbellie16

Thanks AGAIN!!!

Have a GREAT trip and enjoy your Mom's Day!!!!!
The kids are just a phonecall away and I bet they'll be
happy to celebrate when you return home a "little" rested and relaxed even though its a "working" vacation!! Have fun!!
We leave on Mother's Day by Amtrak.....little one wasn't cleared to fly.
Neurologist said to please go by train & we will love it ...we shall see!! My husband and I are a little anxious(to say the least), but we NEED a vacation!!! You must know what that is like having had your Dad in a coma also.
I hope you get to celebrate Mother's Day this weekend!!!! Enjoy!!
Old 05-03-2012, 12:26 PM   #2006
Janny
Earning My Ears

Smile Dear maiapapaya,

October will be here before you know it!!! That must be a BEAUTIFUL time to be at Disney!!! Happy, HAPPY planning!!! Do you have free dining?? Kind of wish we did that....
Old 05-03-2012, 10:40 PM   #2007
kimberwee
Mouseketeer

Laundry is almost done...
The weekend is almost here...
Have everything set for DD's bday party on Sunday...

And this time next week, we will be watching Fireworks from the beach at the Poly!!!!!!

I think our rain dancing is working too!!!

Life is good!

Old 05-03-2012, 11:48 PM   #2008
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
October will be here before you know it!!! That must be a BEAUTIFUL time to be at Disney!!! Happy, HAPPY planning!!! Do you have free dining?? Kind of wish we did that....
Nofree dining, but we got a great code - 30% off the room rate (which works out as a better deal than FD). Yes, we love WDW in October. The weather is beautiful and MK is all decorated for fall/Halloween.

me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan Daisy
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Poly
Old 05-04-2012, 04:40 AM   #2009
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:

And this time next week, we will be watching Fireworks from the beach at the Poly!!!!!!

Life is good!

and im still dancin!!!
:d ance3:
Old 05-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #2010
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Quote:

Life is good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
and im still dancin!!!
:d ance3:
I'm excited for the both of you! I hope you take lots of pictures and share here!!!!! I need something to tide me over!!!!
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: