Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 05:01 PM   #1951
Spoisal
DIS Veteran

Silly question about 1st floor rooms....

Can you lock and unlock the 1st floor rooms from the outside of the patio door?

Jan 2002 - CR/WL
Jan 2003 - WL
May 2003 - CBR
Nov 2005 - POP
Nov 2008 - POR
Jan/Feb 2011 - BC CL
April 2014 - CSR
Feb 2015 - YC CL
Old 04-30-2012, 05:07 PM   #1952
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

IPO has been wonderful with helping me plan special surprises and taking care of requests for our trip.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2012, 07:44 PM   #1953
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoisal View Post
Can you lock and unlock the 1st floor rooms from the outside of the patio door?
Nope
Old 04-30-2012, 09:38 PM   #1954
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

44 days and counting!!!!! Come on Mickey Mail!!!!!
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Old 04-30-2012, 09:58 PM   #1955
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebrown96 View Post
Here's the text from the link:
Walt Disney World Resort will again be under “planned maintenance and nearby construction” starting on April 30, 2012 which means that the operating schedule will have to be adjusted. Guests need to make sure to pay attention if you’re planning on visiting Disney World any time soon because it could upset your daily plans. A notice was placed in the rooms of resort guests to advise them.

Beginning on Monday, April 30, Monorail service on the Magic Kingdom Resort and Express beams will be temporarily suspended during non-peak times, between 11:30 AM and 6:00 PM.

This is the same time frame that the monorails had been shut down back in the beginning of March. Construction and maintenance was planned then for a few weeks, but it was completed quickly which got it back up and running within about a week.

As of now, Disney expects the Monorail work to be complete in early May. Weather permitting, of course.

During this maintenance time, buses and watercraft (where applicable) such as smaller boats and ferries will be available to transport guests where they may need to go on the monorail tracks. If resort guests are heading to Epcot, that monorail will still be fully operational via the Transportation & Ticket Center. Buses can be taken to the TTC where guests may transfer to a monorail.
People make way too much of a deal about the monorail being down. Even with that option taken away, you still have more options available for transportation available at the Polynesian Resort than anywhere else.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:25 PM   #1956
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crostorfer View Post
People make way too much of a deal about the monorail being down. Even with that option taken away, you still have more options available for transportation available at the Polynesian Resort than anywhere else.
If it were down during my stay it would be a very big deal because my mother needs an ECV and that only leaves us with using a bus or having to walk to the TTC and taking the ferry. That's not very convenient when I'm paying top dollar to stay on the monorail.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:34 PM   #1957
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
If it were down during my stay it would be a very big deal because my mother needs an ECV and that only leaves us with using a bus or having to walk to the TTC and taking the ferry. That's not very convenient when I'm paying top dollar to stay on the monorail.
I agree. My mother uses an ECV as well and the boats from the Poly to the MK don't hold the wheelchairs so its TTC or a bus. We always use the monorail for the MK so this would make a huge deal in our decision if it were the case when we were going.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:05 AM   #1958
AlohaLily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crostorfer View Post

Yes, however when staying at the Polynesian it is a transportation option that might be the reason why someone wants to stay there. I have heard plenty of people say that they want to stay at the Polynesian because its on the monorail. The monorail is convenient.

Is there even a bus that goes to the MK from the Poly?

Just a quick little thing - yesterday we took the boat back to our hotel after being at MK and it was not busy at all which surprised me.
Apr 2000 - All Star Music . . . Apr 2001 - Caribbean Beach . . . Apr/May 2003 - Wilderness Lodge . . . Apr/May 2004 - Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge . . . December 2004 - Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian . . . May 2006 - Polynesian . . . December 2006 - All Star Sports . . . Apr/May 2007 - Polynesian . . . December 2008 - Polynesian . . . Apr/May 2010 - Polynesian . . . Apr/May 2011 - Polynesian . . . December 2011 - Polynesian . . . Apr/May 2012 - Polynesian
Old 05-01-2012, 06:29 AM   #1959
Tebrown96
Mouseketeer

It would be a big deal to us, between having our little one and my mother with us, the ease/convenience of the monorail is what finally swayed us to book the Poly, as opposed to the WL (our second choice, but we didn't want to be limited to boat/bus service). This could be a once-in-a-lifetime trip for us, esp. with my mom with us, and while I know things happen and nothing is perfect, the monorail is honestly what made us book Poly.

That being said, I finally heard back from our travel agent's sales manager, and we're keeping our fingers crossed that the Orlando weather cooperates so that the reduced hours are done by the time we arrive (or, at least only go for a coule of days into our stay). Here's what her email said:
I have been out of my office traveling for business and not at home since April 22 and just returned late last night, so I am behind in my email answering and I do apologize. In checking my Cast Advisory for the Walt Disney World Resort, I learned the following…To accommodate planned maintenance, we will be temporarily adjusting the operating schedule for the monorail system. Beginning April 30, monorail service on the Magic Kingdom Resort and Express beams will be temporarily suspended during non-peak times, between 11:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. During this time, watercraft and additional buses will be available to transport Guests to their destinations. Weather permitting, we expect this work to be complete within a week. From the information being communicated right now, it shows this work will run up until May 3 and of course, is subject to change.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:08 AM   #1960
alex9179
DIS Veteran

At least they are allowing people to plan around the down time instead of closing it completely. I know it doesn't work for everyone, but I'm sure the guests would rather put up with a partial closure than constantly having it malfunction. Bummer that they can't accomplish it during regular maintanence hours.

Completely selfish moment here

Today is my ADR day!!! Just waiting to hear from IPO
Old 05-01-2012, 09:33 AM   #1961
TinkNH
just not quite ready to let go of summer and flip flops
I can craft and type

the ease of the monorail is the ONLY reason we booked the Poly again over the Art of Animation for this trip. It made the last one so easy with a4 yr old. We spend most of our time in MK so it was so nice to be able to zip back to the Poly for a mid day break when she needed one. the boats are nice but not when you have a hot tired fussy 4 yr old with you

Carolyn DH DD (10) DS (4)DD (4)
4/1984 offsite
10/1995 Honeymoon Grand Floridian
10/2005 Anniversary Weekend at Swan
9/2006 Family trip to Polynesian for 3
9/2012 Family trip to Polynesian for 5!

Old 05-01-2012, 10:06 AM   #1962
osugal
Mouseketeer

How close is the Poly to the monorail? Is it literally at the hotel? Does that mean you can get to the MK and Epcot from the Poly?
Old 05-01-2012, 10:09 AM   #1963
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by osugal View Post
How close is the Poly to the monorail? Is it literally at the hotel? Does that mean you can get to the MK and Epcot from the Poly?
Yes, there is a monorail platform right at the Poly. That line goes to the MK via the GF and then carries on to the CR & TTC. You have to transfer at the TTC to get the monorail to Epcot. Since the TTC is right next door to the Poly many guests just make the short walk over and get directly on the Epcot monorail.

me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan Daisy
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 GF
Old 05-01-2012, 10:13 AM   #1964
cobbler

Tag #1: (Under Construction: Waiting for cobbler to say something worth tagging! )

Tag #2: Beat husband in a debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by osugal View Post
Yes the monorail is literally at the hotel. There are 3 lines for the monorail, the MK express line, the resort line and the Epcot line.

On the express line it goes past the Poly but does not stop. The only stops are MK and TTC.

On the resort line the monorail has stops at the MK, Contemporary, TTC, Poly, and GF (in that order) and continues that same loop.

The epcot line also has 2 stops, Epcot and TTC. You can walk (very short walk) to the TTC from the Poly and get on the monorail to Epcot there. OR you could take the resort line monorail and stop at the TTC and transfer monorails to Epcot.

Jan '00 - CBR / Dec '01 - CSR / Dec '03 - POR / Dec '04 - Pop & Sports / Oct '05 - POFQ / Nov '05 - 1st trip home to SSR / Nov '06 - CR Tower / Jan '07 - BWV
Oct '07 - SSMC07 & SSR / Nov '07 - ASMo / Apr '08 - AKV & ASMu / Sept '08 - SSMC08 & CBR / Nov '08 - GF /May '09 - DCL & YC /Oct '09 - SSR / Dec '09 - OKW & DCL
Apr '10 - GCV / Oct '10 - OKW / Dec '11 - VWL / Jan '12 -SSR / May '12 -Poly Concierge / Sept '12 - Grand Californian Concierge / Jan '13 - SSR

Disney Races:
Oct '07 - ToT 6.5K / May '08 - Minnie 15K / Sept '08 - EE 5K / Sept '09 - EE 5K / Oct '09 - RFTT / Oct '10 - W&D 1/2 Marathon / Jan '12 - Donald / Sept '12 - Disneyland half
Jan '13 - Goofy Challenge
Old 05-01-2012, 10:55 AM   #1965
cmcinc
Mouseketeer

ADR's made this past Sunday. Half way there.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: