Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 05:45 PM   #1771
cheer34
Earning My Ears

One week!

Too excited! One week from today, we will be at our first dinner at Disney...we booked Ohana for the first nights dinner. I'm soooo glad we decided to stay at the Polynesian. It looks so relaxing...like a great place to escape the parks to a tropical paradise. I can't wait to be sitting on the beach, watching fireworks!!
Old 04-21-2012, 06:21 PM   #1772
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KisanMcG View Post
We're only six days away from our first stay at the Poly, and I am so excited! We've got a garden view, and I would like to be able to hear the Luau if at all possible. Should we be requesting Fiji? Really, we're not too picky, but since this is the first and maybe only time we've been able to swing the cost, I'd hate to spend our romantic weekend looking at the service shack I know it's just a request, but it would seem to me that most folks would rather be closer to the GCH... so we might get it, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
Eh.. Garden view could be anywhere!! But anywhere in the poly is great!! Don't worry you will be happy anywhere you get assigned.
As carlnix30 mentioned, Garden View could be anywhere ... here is a map of the Poly ... you can see the possibilities for Garden View
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2012, 11:33 PM   #1773
PHLtoMCO
Disboards helps me cut back on Facebook.

Quote:
We're only six days away from our first stay at the Poly, and I am so excited! We've got a garden view, and I would like to be able to hear the Luau if at all possible. Should we be requesting Fiji? Really, we're not too picky, but since this is the first and maybe only time we've been able to swing the cost, I'd hate to spend our romantic weekend looking at the service shack I know it's just a request, but it would seem to me that most folks would rather be closer to the GCH... so we might get it, right?
Request Fiji Marina view (3rd floor if you want a balcony). You will not be sorry! It's our favorite longhouse and so close to the GCH. Marina view is considered "Garden View" so no extra charge. Enjoy!!
1989-Poly, 1990-Big Red Boat/Poly, 1992-Poly, 1993-BC, 1995-Poly, 1996-BC, 1997-Poly, 1999-Poly, 2001-BWI, 2003-Poly, 2005-Poly, 2006-Poly/Sports, 2007-BWV, 2008-POP, 2009-ASM, 2010-BWV, 2011-Poly, 2012-BCV/POP, 2012-Poly, 2013-POP, 2013-AKL, 2013-BLT, 2014-POP, 2014-Disneyland

runDisney races - ToT 13k, ToT 10 miler, EEC, PHM, Enchanted 10k, GSC, Coast2Coast, next up....Avengers Half Marathon!
Old 04-22-2012, 12:07 PM   #1774
204charity
DIS Veteran

Just returned home from the Poly

Hey everyone, I am back in the real world after a wonderful, WONDERFUL week-long stay at the Poly. All in all it was a truly magical vacation. My parents pulled out all of the stops for DD and I and we were really truly treated like royalty all week.

The weather was hot, the food was good, the resort was beautiful. Our room was immaculate, with a beautiful 3rd floor GV room in the Tahiti building, and asides from not having hot water for one night, we have no complaints.

The bad weather stayed away until the very end of the day yesterday (rain came at 5 pm, our driver picked us up at 6 pm - in a LIMO Mercedes Van! RIDICULOUSLY AMAZING!!!!) so DD and I were able to go to the MK for the morning and then we were in the Mauna Loa Cabana for the remainder of our day.

I will be doing a trip report very soon!
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR
Old 04-22-2012, 01:01 PM   #1775
PHLtoMCO
Disboards helps me cut back on Facebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 204charity View Post
Hey everyone, I am back in the real world after a wonderful, WONDERFUL week-long stay at the Poly. All in all it was a truly magical vacation. My parents pulled out all of the stops for DD and I and we were really truly treated like royalty all week.

The weather was hot, the food was good, the resort was beautiful. Our room was immaculate, with a beautiful 3rd floor GV room in the Tahiti building, and asides from not having hot water for one night, we have no complaints.

The bad weather stayed away until the very end of the day yesterday (rain came at 5 pm, our driver picked us up at 6 pm - in a LIMO Mercedes Van! RIDICULOUSLY AMAZING!!!!) so DD and I were able to go to the MK for the morning and then we were in the Mauna Loa Cabana for the remainder of our day.

Glad you had a great trip! How were the monorails??
1989-Poly, 1990-Big Red Boat/Poly, 1992-Poly, 1993-BC, 1995-Poly, 1996-BC, 1997-Poly, 1999-Poly, 2001-BWI, 2003-Poly, 2005-Poly, 2006-Poly/Sports, 2007-BWV, 2008-POP, 2009-ASM, 2010-BWV, 2011-Poly, 2012-BCV/POP, 2012-Poly, 2013-POP, 2013-AKL, 2013-BLT, 2014-POP, 2014-Disneyland

runDisney races - ToT 13k, ToT 10 miler, EEC, PHM, Enchanted 10k, GSC, Coast2Coast, next up....Avengers Half Marathon!
Old 04-22-2012, 02:27 PM   #1776
mfulk
Mouseketeer

I have read through all of Tikiman's website, the first few pages of this thread, and any other information I could find on the longhouses so that I can make a request (unless it's too late to make a request because we leave in 13 days) and I think Rapa Nui would work well for us because we will have our car there and I'd like to be close to a parking lot.

Could someone with small children tell me how long it took you to walk to the GCH, TTC and the volcano pool? Our children are 7, 5, 3 and 9 months.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:45 PM   #1777
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh I can't wait for your TR! Thanks for updating us on your trip along the way...much appreciated!
Old 04-22-2012, 03:02 PM   #1778
204charity
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoMCO View Post
Glad you had a great trip! How were the monorails??
Monorails were PERFECT. Never had a problem with them what-so-ever.

Old 04-22-2012, 03:05 PM   #1779
204charity
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfulk View Post
I have read through all of Tikiman's website, the first few pages of this thread, and any other information I could find on the longhouses so that I can make a request (unless it's too late to make a request because we leave in 13 days) and I think Rapa Nui would work well for us because we will have our car there and I'd like to be close to a parking lot.

Could someone with small children tell me how long it took you to walk to the GCH, TTC and the volcano pool? Our children are 7, 5, 3 and 9 months.
Everything is less than a 10 minute walk from anywhere in the resort IMHO. We never felt like things were too spread out. I would suggest bringing along a few umbrellas though, as the rain can be a bit of a hassle while walking from your long house to the GCH or the TTC/bus stop etc.

Have fun on your trip!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Oh I can't wait for your TR! Thanks for updating us on your trip along the way...much appreciated!

No problem! I have to see if I remmeber how to start a TR again. LOL

Old 04-22-2012, 03:19 PM   #1780
kimberwee
Mouseketeer

Quote:

So glad the weather cooperated and you had a great trip!!!

Old 04-22-2012, 03:33 PM   #1781
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Figi would be a good request if you want to hear the Luau. Another good option would be Aotearoa with a north facing view. The latter would also give you a lovely view of the lagoon and it is not considered lagoon view. Since you are going at a "lower" season--the Tiki Gods could be shining. Good luck!
Old 04-22-2012, 03:52 PM   #1782
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So happy to hear this See, Jenny...,I think we've made the PERFECT choice for our trip and I can't wait!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 04-22-2012, 04:17 PM   #1783
Carrie772
Resolve to Recycle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoMCO View Post
Request Fiji Marina view (3rd floor if you want a balcony). You will not be sorry! It's our favorite longhouse and so close to the GCH. Marina view is considered "Garden View" so no extra charge. Enjoy!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
Figi would be a good request if you want to hear the Luau. Another good option would be Aotearoa with a north facing view. The latter would also give you a lovely view of the lagoon and it is not considered lagoon view. Since you are going at a "lower" season--the Tiki Gods could be shining. Good luck!
I prefer Fiji with the beach side, ground floor. The kids complained about being able to hear the volcano slide instructions from our patio when we had Fiji marina side. Plus, beach side means you can run out to the beach and play!

I also love Tokelau since all the floors have a balcony/patio!
'76 CR; '83 offsite; '94 CBR; '02 Residence Inn; '04 CSR; '05 Poly; '05 ASSp/WL; '06 Poly; '07 POR; '07 WL; '08 CSR; '09 Poly; '10 WL; '11 Poly; '11 POR/Poly; '12 CR/Poly; '13 Poly; '14 Quickie at BC; '14 AOA! Did I really plan 2 in '14?!
Old 04-22-2012, 04:55 PM   #1784
jalaine
Mouseketeer

Quote:

We stayed in Rapa Nui twice. First trip the kids were 3, 6, and 9. Just a couple of minutes to walk to the TTC, about 5 minutes to get to the GCH. Realistically, 10 minutes or less to get to either one of those places. It was a really convenient location for us since we wanted to be close to the TTC...doesn't get any closer than Rapa Nui Hope you have a great trip!

~~Oops, and sorry, Volcano Pool takes as long as it does to get to the GCH. Coming from Rapa Nui, it'll be right before you get to the GCH!
Old 04-22-2012, 04:55 PM   #1785
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Congrats on choosing the Poly. Our children USED to be small--lol--so I can take a stab at this. From Rapa Nui to both the GCH and the Volcano pool should take about 4-5 minutes. From Rapa Nui to the TTC will be a little shorter but you still have to walk up to the Epcot monorail once you are there(assuming that is your main reason for asking.) So from room to Epcot monorail platform would be about 5-7 minutes. Have fun!

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: