Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 08:21 PM   #1756
HiHoOffWeGo
Mouseketeer

When you call the front desk you are talking to the call center not your resort.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:05 PM   #1757
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chime View Post
We just finished our first ever stay at the Poly. We normally stay at Pop or CBR and I was sooo leary of spending the money on the room. Worth every penny, and it is where we'll be staying from now on.
We found so many things to do at the resort, and I loved watching Wishes from the beach in the evening. And the CMs there were fantastic. Can't wait to go back.
I know that feeling!!! My husband and I stayed at the ASM, CBR and then Poly. We also plan on staying at the Poly from now on! This September will be our 3rd year in a row staying there and we love it!!
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2012, 09:16 PM   #1758
204charity
DIS Veteran

Hot water is back in Tahiti building, but water pressures sputtering and inconsistent. I so badly want to go to the MK tonight, but my legs will no cooperate. Shower and bed for me!
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico
November, 2014 - Paradisus La Esmeralda, Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR

Old 04-20-2012, 09:45 PM   #1759
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
OK, so possibly a silly question but...on our last stay at the Poly, we did not get to experience a press pot of coffee from Kona Cafe. This time...yes I do want some!! So, how does it work, do you have to get a table (which is probably next to impossible) or can you get one to go (highly unlikely I would think)? Any info would be great!
Last time we stayed at the Poly we ate breakfast at Kona and ordered the press pot of 100% Kona Coffee. MY DH and I both agreed that it's the best coffee we have ever had. I actually tried to find the 100% Kona Coffee when we came back home and could not find any, just the Kona Blend. Finally about 3 months later we found the 100% Kona Coffee at one of the stores here and that's the only coffee we buy. We had never had coffee from a press pot so also found that interesting.
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

Old 04-20-2012, 10:48 PM   #1760
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
Last time we stayed at the Poly we ate breakfast at Kona and ordered the press pot of 100% Kona Coffee. MY DH and I both agreed that it's the best coffee we have ever had. I actually tried to find the 100% Kona Coffee when we came back home and could not find any, just the Kona Blend. Finally about 3 months later we found the 100% Kona Coffee at one of the stores here and that's the only coffee we buy. We had never had coffee from a press pot so also found that interesting.
You can actually order Kona coffee online ... although it's not cheap by any means

Old 04-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #1761
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
I know that feeling!!! My husband and I stayed at the ASM, CBR and then Poly. We also plan on staying at the Poly from now on! This September will be our 3rd year in a row staying there and we love it!!

That happened to us ... this upcoming trip will be our 4th stay at the Poly and we have no desire to stay anywhere else

Old 04-21-2012, 07:53 AM   #1762
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn Friends of Pooh View Post

That happened to us ... this upcoming trip will be our 4th stay at the Poly and we have no desire to stay anywhere else
We have booked CBR.. WL... and GF... Then as the day gets closer we break out in a cold sweat, call Disney and change to the poly.. It's like a very expensive addiction! Poly is not for everyone but for the ones it is for, can't seem to get away!

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 04-21-2012, 08:10 AM   #1763
204charity
DIS Veteran

Live from the Poly

Rainy, overcast, 100%chance of precipitation all day, chance of severe thunderstorms later this afternoon.....this sucks. I guess we will have to cancel our canna rental today. Hopefully they don't charge us due to the forecast. We got late check out for 1:00 pm, and our driver is picking us up at 6:00.

What are we going to do all day in this weather? Any suggestions?
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico
November, 2014 - Paradisus La Esmeralda, Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR

Old 04-21-2012, 10:40 AM   #1764
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 204charity View Post
Rainy, overcast, 100%chance of precipitation all day, chance of severe thunderstorms later this afternoon.....this sucks. I guess we will have to cancel our canna rental today. Hopefully they don't charge us due to the forecast. We got late check out for 1:00 pm, and our driver is picking us up at 6:00.

That totally sucks! Maybe you could shop all the monorail resorts.....take a cab to a movie....I would also maybe have your car service pick up a little earlier for the airport and you can do some shopping/eating there as well. Grabbing a new book and finding a comfy place to read can pass the time....

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014
Old 04-21-2012, 11:41 AM   #1765
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by 204charity View Post

Put on a poncho and go to the MK! Or what about Downtown Disney? Or like someone said earlier... shop at the monorail resorts?
Old 04-21-2012, 12:05 PM   #1766
AlohaLily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn Friends of Pooh View Post

We were looking at videos of the other Disney resorts on Youtube and the entire time I was like: "Oh that's nice, but it's not the Polynesian".
Apr 2000 - All Star Music . . . Apr 2001 - Caribbean Beach . . . Apr/May 2003 - Wilderness Lodge . . . Apr/May 2004 - Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge . . . December 2004 - Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian . . . May 2006 - Polynesian . . . December 2006 - All Star Sports . . . Apr/May 2007 - Polynesian . . . December 2008 - Polynesian . . . Apr/May 2010 - Polynesian . . . Apr/May 2011 - Polynesian . . . December 2011 - Polynesian . . . Apr/May 2012 - Polynesian
Old 04-21-2012, 02:07 PM   #1767
kimberwee
Mouseketeer

Well, Today is the last day of freedom before our Disney Trip. We literally have something going every single day between now and then, so I took some time to write my DD's note from Mickey, inviting her to DW. I plan on having it in a box we got from a Disney Store order in the mail, with our custom maps and an "I'm going to Walt Disney World" t-shirt. That way, it looks a little legit. What do you think?

I also packed her birthday present, got her Rapunzel dress packed/hidden for BBB, and started debating on what longhouse to request when we check in online next week...Leaning to Samoa.

Another question...is Kona the only place on Poly grounds tht you can get Lilikoi Juice? I spent most of my youth in Hawaii and LOVELOVELOVE the stuff. If it is, will they let you buy some "to go"...if you beg???

Old 04-21-2012, 03:08 PM   #1768
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberwee View Post
Well, Today is the last day of freedom before our Disney Trip. We literally have something going every single day between now and then, so I took some time to write my DD's note from Mickey, inviting her to DW. I plan on having it in a box we got from a Disney Store order in the mail, with our custom maps and an "I'm going to Walt Disney World" t-shirt. That way, it looks a little legit. What do you think?

I also packed her birthday present, got her Rapunzel dress packed/hidden for BBB, and started debating on what longhouse to request when we check in online next week...Leaning to Samoa.

Another question...is Kona the only place on Poly grounds tht you can get Lilikoi Juice? I spent most of my youth in Hawaii and LOVELOVELOVE the stuff. If it is, will they let you buy some "to go"...if you beg???
Your plan sounds good!

Unless it has changed you can't make a longhouse request when you do the online check-in. You will need to call CRO and have them note it on your reservation.

You can get lilikoi juice at 'Ohana as well, but I don't know if you can get it to go!

me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan Daisy
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Poly
Old 04-21-2012, 05:03 PM   #1769
KisanMcG
The Other Wendy-Lady

We're only six days away from our first stay at the Poly, and I am so excited! We've got a garden view, and I would like to be able to hear the Luau if at all possible. Should we be requesting Fiji? Really, we're not too picky, but since this is the first and maybe only time we've been able to swing the cost, I'd hate to spend our romantic weekend looking at the service shack I know it's just a request, but it would seem to me that most folks would rather be closer to the GCH... so we might get it, right?
Old 04-21-2012, 05:22 PM   #1770
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KisanMcG View Post
We're only six days away from our first stay at the Poly, and I am so excited! We've got a garden view, and I would like to be able to hear the Luau if at all possible. Should we be requesting Fiji? Really, we're not too picky, but since this is the first and maybe only time we've been able to swing the cost, I'd hate to spend our romantic weekend looking at the service shack I know it's just a request, but it would seem to me that most folks would rather be closer to the GCH... so we might get it, right?
Eh.. Garden view could be anywhere!! But anywhere in the poly is great!! Don't worry you will be happy anywhere you get assigned.

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: