Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-16-2012, 03:18 PM   #1681
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,971

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
You are soo lucky you get to go for the first time!! I wish I could go back to when it was all new to me!

I would post some pics but they have been posted here.. Then I would get "Carl's pics AGAIN" blaaah!
I had first set foot on Poly property at age 7 on my first visit to WDW back in 1985. We were staying offsite in Kissimmee. I remember wanting to stay at Poly sooooo badly, and that has stayed with me ever since - I'm 33 now!!! I will celebrate my 34th bday at the Poly!!!
This will be my 8th trip to Disney, but our first deluxe stay. I have not been on Poly property since 1985, and I am so curious to see if I get those same feelings as I did when I was 7!!!
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 04-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #1682
TinkPirateMom
DIS Veteran
 
TinkPirateMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 939

I did some shopping this weekend. My son will be stylin at the Poly!











Moms of little girls shouldn't have all the fun picking out kids' clothes for Disney
__________________
Me DH DD16 DS4

TinkPirateMom is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #1683
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,754

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkPirateMom View Post
I did some shopping this weekend. My son will be stylin at the Poly!











Moms of little girls shouldn't have all the fun picking out kids' clothes for Disney

Love the Big Kahuna shirt!! So Cute!!
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 04-16-2012, 03:29 PM   #1684
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreamin247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: staten island
Posts: 5,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkPirateMom View Post
I did some shopping this weekend. My son will be stylin at the Poly!











Moms of little girls shouldn't have all the fun picking out kids' clothes for Disney
So cute! Can I ask where you got them?
__________________
Dani DS DD
disneydreamin247 is offline  
Old 04-16-2012, 06:18 PM   #1685
204charity
DIS Veteran
 
204charity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 705

Live from the Poly!

Hey poly peeps! Another great day in DW! Went to both BB and TL today. Ate supper at Captain Cooks and am FULL! Going to see if DD wants to see the movie on the beach tonight. I think it's "Up!" and it's one of my favs.

Tomorrow is AK!
__________________
May, 1991 - The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
January, 2009 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico
December, 2010 - Barcelo Maya Tropical, Mayan Riviera, Mexico
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico
November, 2014 - Paradisus La Esmeralda, Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR
204charity is offline  
Old 04-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #1686
TinkPirateMom
DIS Veteran
 
TinkPirateMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 939

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Love the Big Kahuna shirt!! So Cute!!
Thank you! The Big Kahuna shirt is my fave too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
So cute! Can I ask where you got them?
Thanks! Sure, it is the new summer line at Gymboree.
http://www.gymboree.com/shop/dept_ca...=1334618637785
We had gymbucks that we wanted to use and I thought of the Poly as soon as I saw the pineapples!
They actually have similar designs for the whole family.
http://www.gymboree.com/shop/dept_ca...=1334618635757

Quote:
Originally Posted by 204charity View Post
Hey poly peeps! Another great day in DW! Went to both BB and TL today. Ate supper at Captain Cooks and am FULL! Going to see if DD wants to see the movie on the beach tonight. I think it's "Up!" and it's one of my favs.

Tomorrow is AK!
Sounds like a great time and Up on the beach would be a great way to finish the day!
__________________
Me DH DD16 DS4

TinkPirateMom is offline  
Old 04-16-2012, 07:41 PM   #1687
carlnix30
DIS Veteran
 
carlnix30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,634

Quote:
Originally Posted by 204charity View Post
Hey poly peeps! Another great day in DW! Went to both BB and TL today. Ate supper at Captain Cooks and am FULL! Going to see if DD wants to see the movie on the beach tonight. I think it's "Up!" and it's one of my favs.

Tomorrow is AK!
Where's our pics?? They always say "pics or it didn't happen"
__________________

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
carlnix30 is offline  
Old 04-16-2012, 07:44 PM   #1688
carlnix30
DIS Veteran
 
carlnix30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,634



But

Dis is smoking fast now!!
__________________

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
carlnix30 is offline  
Old 04-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #1689
cheer34
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 21

Room choice in Hawaii

Hi all...been lurking on the boards for a while and since there seem to be lots of Poly experts here, I was wondering if I could ask for opinions.

We are headed to the Poly on April 28th for a week, for our family's first trip to Disney. We have two children...ages 3 and 7. This board has been very, very helpful while planning our trip!

We are staying garden view club level, which I suppose is the Hawaii building. I was considering making a room request for either a 1st or 3rd floor room. I would be upset if we got 2nd floor, as there would be nowhere to escape to when my 3 year old naps or goes to sleep. I like the thought of being able to sit on a balcony or patio to read or sit and chat with my husband while she naps.

Any thoughts on balcony versus patio?

Looking forward to our first trip...thanks for any advice!!!
cheer34 is offline  
Old 04-16-2012, 08:46 PM   #1690
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,754

Quote:
Originally Posted by 204charity View Post
Hey poly peeps! Another great day in DW! Went to both BB and TL today. Ate supper at Captain Cooks and am FULL! Going to see if DD wants to see the movie on the beach tonight. I think it's "Up!" and it's one of my favs.

Tomorrow is AK!
Thank you so much for sharing! You just reminded me of one of the best parts of our stay at the Poly...the movie on the beach! The first night we did this, we were watching Tangled (best movie ever!) and just relaxing on the lay down chairs with the girls. Our youngest DD was slowly getting drowsy and the older two were playing in the sand. DH said "Why don't you go get us a drink from the bar?" Wow....this didn't even dawn on me! Over I went and got us two Kona Beers. The best tasting beer ever at that moment. It was just so relaxing and surreal. I cannot wait to be there again!!!

Oh yes, and then CM's came over the speaker and told someone's small children to get out of the water because there were alligators!!

I laughed at the time....but now I know it was a real warning!!! And not to mention we took many shortcuts through the bushes at the Poly....not this time after reading about the snakes!!!

Needless to say I was not a member of the Dis before our last trip!!
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 04-16-2012, 09:15 PM   #1691
dangeron
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkPirateMom View Post
Thank you! The Big Kahuna shirt is my fave too.


Thanks! Sure, it is the new summer line at Gymboree.
http://www.gymboree.com/shop/dept_ca...=1334618637785
We had gymbucks that we wanted to use and I thought of the Poly as soon as I saw the pineapples!
They actually have similar designs for the whole family.
http://www.gymboree.com/shop/dept_ca...=1334618635757

Whoohoo! I heading to gymboree this weekend to use my gymbucks!
And we head to the Poly next week


Sounds like a great time and Up on the beach would be a great way to finish the day!
Whoohoo! I heading to gymboree this weekend to use my gymbucks!
And we head to the Poly next week
dangeron is offline  
Old 04-16-2012, 09:34 PM   #1692
204charity
DIS Veteran
 
204charity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 705

Sounds like a great time and Up on the beach would be a great way to finish the day![/QUOTE]

It actually ended up being LILO & Stich instead!!! How awesomely perfect is that!?!? Marshmallows, bonfire and a movie on the beach....bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
Where's our pics?? They always say "pics or it didn't happen"
oh Carl, I wish I cold upload pics for proof, but you'll just have to believe me for now. I don't have any wa to upload pics from my camera while here unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Thank you so much for sharing! You just reminded me of one of the best parts of our stay at the Poly...the movie on the beach! The first night we did this, we were watching Tangled (best movie ever!) and just relaxing on the lay down chairs with the girls. Our youngest DD was slowly getting drowsy and the older two were playing in the sand. DH said "Why don't you go get us a drink from the bar?" Wow....this didn't even dawn on me! Over I went and got us two Kona Beers. The best tasting beer ever at that moment. It was just so relaxing and surreal. I cannot wait to be there again!!!

Oh yes, and then CM's came over the speaker and told someone's small children to get out of the water because there were alligators!!

I laughed at the time....but now I know it was a real warning!!! And not to mention we took many shortcuts through the bushes at the Poly....not this time after reading about the snakes!!!

Needless to say I was not a member of the Dis before our last trip!!
Never thought of getting an adult beverage for the movie, that's a great idea though. Maybe next time. We've been bugging my mom about the gators and snakes since we go here....lol....hey, there's some loud people down on the ground floor level smoking on their patio....do you think it's Dave? Lol NEVER! JK Dave, I know it's not you......at least, I HOPE it's not you guys. Hahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahaha
__________________
May, 1991 - The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
January, 2009 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico
December, 2010 - Barcelo Maya Tropical, Mayan Riviera, Mexico
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico
November, 2014 - Paradisus La Esmeralda, Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR
204charity is offline  
Old 04-16-2012, 09:37 PM   #1693
alex9179
DIS Veteran
 
alex9179's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,300

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheer34 View Post
Hi all...been lurking on the boards for a while and since there seem to be lots of Poly experts here, I was wondering if I could ask for opinions.

We are headed to the Poly on April 28th for a week, for our family's first trip to Disney. We have two children...ages 3 and 7. This board has been very, very helpful while planning our trip!

We are staying garden view club level, which I suppose is the Hawaii building. I was considering making a room request for either a 1st or 3rd floor room. I would be upset if we got 2nd floor, as there would be nowhere to escape to when my 3 year old naps or goes to sleep. I like the thought of being able to sit on a balcony or patio to read or sit and chat with my husband while she naps.

Any thoughts on balcony versus patio?

Looking forward to our first trip...thanks for any advice!!!
Good question! I'm wondering, too. I think patio would be our preference because if we wanted to go to the lounge while kids were asleep, we could use the outside entrance instead of going through the room. Then again, there are the ducks. Do they come up looking for handouts? Do they get bossy? Fighting off fowl would wreck my porch-time zen!

Do you think room requests should go on the questionaire the IPO sends you, under "Any additional requests" as well as when you talk to the CMs at check-in? I'm kinda clueless about this.
alex9179 is offline  
Old 04-16-2012, 10:59 PM   #1694
KAA1972
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Spanish Fort, AL
Posts: 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheer34 View Post
Hi all...been lurking on the boards for a while and since there seem to be lots of Poly experts here, I was wondering if I could ask for opinions.

We are headed to the Poly on April 28th for a week, for our family's first trip to Disney. We have two children...ages 3 and 7. This board has been very, very helpful while planning our trip!

We are staying garden view club level, which I suppose is the Hawaii building. I was considering making a room request for either a 1st or 3rd floor room. I would be upset if we got 2nd floor, as there would be nowhere to escape to when my 3 year old naps or goes to sleep. I like the thought of being able to sit on a balcony or patio to read or sit and chat with my husband while she naps.

Any thoughts on balcony versus patio?

Looking forward to our first trip...thanks for any advice!!!
I think this is strictly personal choice. I totally get it that you need a little space so that you don't have to go to sleep at 7 pm. We are in the same situation with our 4 year old. I prefer patio because I'm overly terrified my 4 year old will try to climb over the balcony. I also like that we can sit outside and she can play in the green space when we have a patio. The ducks might come up but they will move on quickly, if you don't feed them.

With that being said, I wouldn't be disappointed with a 3rd floor room. I just have a slight preference for patio. I feel more comfortable leaving the door open while we are in the room. DH can run for a quick trip to Captain Cook's and through the patio door. And, it's a quick trip to the pool.

When you check-in, you can ask what floor the room is on. If they put you on 2nd, then you can ask if you can wait to get a 1st or 3rd. Sometimes, they assign you to first available -- which might be 2nd floor. It never hurts to ask.

I hope you enjoy the Poly!!!
__________________


KAA1972 is offline  
Old 04-17-2012, 12:06 AM   #1695
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreamin247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: staten island
Posts: 5,734

I prefer a balcony over a patio because I'm not fond of first floor rooms. I don't like having people above me in case they're loud. It hasn't been a problem in the past but I'm not willing to chance it. Also, it's easier for wildlife to enter your room on the first floor. I'm not fond of sharing my room with uninvited "guests" if you catch my drift lol
__________________
Dani DS DD
disneydreamin247 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: