Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2012, 08:06 PM   #46
pixie08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAshleySEG View Post
Just another little update on me. I have been watching youtube videos of the Ship (Disney Wonder) whale watching tours, Palo brunch, anything Alaska I can find getting in the spirit of our upcoming adventure. I was on youtube the other day and I found this family video, they went on the Wonder to the Mexican Riviera this past year, It was one of the most amazing family vacation videos I have ever seen. I inspired me to try and create one for myself, along with my TR and Magazine. I sure do like to put a lot of things on my plate...LOL, anyway if you happen to be going on our cruise and see some crazy lady roaming around videotaping EVERYTHING, you will know that is me...I even went around out town and shot some random B-Roll just so I could have a beginning before we left to put where we come from and where we are going in perspective! Hmm...I think I should add a temperature to it so everyone knows how different it is in NC versus Alaska in the Summer!
Sounds awesome!

pixie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:03 PM   #47
pixie08
DIS Veteran

Ok first not sure if I told you in the message but I looove your hair! Secondly, I feel your pain. Toiletries weigh so much. Yea stick with the travel size and remember that the H20 stuff on DCL stuff imo is way better (it's the spa line) then the stuff in the WDW hotels and it will be fully replenished. That has helped me cut my usual shampoo & conditioner etc. I still have a ton of stuff though....

ok so under 3 weeks

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2012, 05:10 PM   #48
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie08 View Post
Ok first not sure if I told you in the message but I looove your hair! Secondly, I feel your pain. Toiletries weigh so much. Yea stick with the travel size and remember that the H20 stuff on DCL stuff imo is way better (it's the spa line) then the stuff in the WDW hotels and it will be fully replenished. That has helped me cut my usual shampoo & conditioner etc. I still have a ton of stuff though....

ok so under 3 weeks
I didn't get a message? Thanks, I have had my hair long since I was 13 years old and so it was a big change when I cut it, it's nice to get compliments on it! Doesn't "19 days" sound so much longer than "less than 3 weeks", well it does to me...LOL I am gonna send you another PM, I feel like messages are getting lost somewhere
AAshleySEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:12 PM   #49
LemonPie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi everybody, just wanted to give another quick little update thingy. Recently DH and I have started to geocache. So if you don't know what it is here is a link to explain it to you http://www.geocaching.com/
We actually have a lot of fun doing it and since we are pretty much peripatetic travelers, it is something we might want to do while gone on our trip as well! It will add a little adventure or excitement (as if there isn't going to be enough already) to our time away! It looks like there may be some pretty cool sites to do it in the cruise ports and if any of you have some down time, maybe you could try it out, you might really enjoy it like we have!

Countdown: 30 Days
I geocached just a bit on our MR cruise (just 10 year old DD and I, she got nervous being off the beaten path in Mexico) and have caches ready in my GPS for Alaska next year. It is a super fun way to get out and see places you never would otherwise. We make day trips out of it. My DD loves it the most. We have nearly 400 caches logged. Look me up my caching name is Koivusaari. Maybe will see you on the trail sometime.
LemonPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:10 PM   #50
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonPie View Post
I geocached just a bit on our MR cruise (just 10 year old DD and I, she got nervous being off the beaten path in Mexico) and have caches ready in my GPS for Alaska next year. It is a super fun way to get out and see places you never would otherwise. We make day trips out of it. My DD loves it the most. We have nearly 400 caches logged. Look me up my caching name is Koivusaari. Maybe will see you on the trail sometime.
That's awesome! We just started getting into it and are having a blast and are really looking forward to doing some of the ones on our trips! I think I would be nervous off the beaten path in Mexico too...lol thanks for reading, oh and btw my geocaching name is AAshleySEG also I hope we do meet up on the trail sometime!
Old 05-22-2012, 11:38 AM   #51
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

House Cleaning and List Making :)

We are now 17 days away from our Anniversary Vacation and I am getting more and more excited the closer it actually gets! If I hadn't mentioned it before my WONDERful Mother is kind enough to house/dog sit for us while we are away. We have 4 dogs Saghani (Alaskan Malamute), Bear (Black Lab/Chow Mix), Arya and Quorra (Miniature Schnauzers) as well as a Mexican Red Head Parrot named Rojo! I know this is OFF TOPIC so if you don't want to read it you don't have to...LOL. I am trying my best to get the house super clean before she comes to stay, I know a lot of you could probably relate to that! My mother is the type to "clean" anything if she sees something out of place, now some people might appreciate that, but I am somewhat of a control freak as you may or may not have noticed with my planning. I would prefer if she just relax while she is here and not have to worry about anything, afterall she is doing US a favor. We are however taking her out for dinner when we get back and getting her some scratch-offs which she loves way more than anything else we could get or do for her. So basically at about 25 days out I made a list of 1 thing I could do each day so I could be positive that my house would be perfectly cleaned and well-stocked for her stay here for 12 days. Today on my list was to clean out and restock the refrigerator with essentials. I think this task was way past due for me. Maybe it is just me but I didn't realize how many things I had in there that were past expiration, it is just one of those things I don't really have time to do "the right way", I have even taken out all of the shelves and drawers and am cleaning it inside and out! This is helping me stay on track and not forget things since this trip is creeping up on us so quickly! I give myself one important thing to do each day so everything will be ready when we leave at 5:45am that Friday morning! Have a magical day everyone!

Official Countdown: 17 Days

Last edited by AAshleySEG; 05-22-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:09 PM   #52
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

2 Weeks To go!
Old 05-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #53
pixie08
DIS Veteran

Did you guys see this?

http://www.shortydog.com/

Someone posted it on the Seattle thread. If you guys are looking for something to do in the evening it looks pretty cool

Old 05-26-2012, 07:24 AM   #54
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Did you guys see this?

http://www.shortydog.com/

Someone posted it on the Seattle thread. If you guys are looking for something to do in the evening it looks pretty cool
That looks really fun! If we aren't too tired after dinner Saturday and Sunday, we may head over and check it out! I know we will definitely be too tired Friday night...LOL Thanks for the link!! I didn't know about that place at all!

Countdown: 13 Days
Old 05-30-2012, 11:27 AM   #55
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quick Update:

Our FE Gifts have been completed finally and we are shipping them to our hotel on Monday or Tuesday in a priority mail flat rate box to ensure that they will get there on time. I emailed Mayflower Park Hotel previously and they said it would be no problem to hold them for us until we arrive next Friday. Monday the Wonder finally arrived in Seattle for the first Seattle-Alaska cruise this season! There are lots of cool pics of that, hopefully I will have some of my own as well very soon!

Have to run to the Mall later today to have Jeremy's suit pants altered, pick up some nail polish to give myself a mani/pedi next week before we head out! Packing has commenced, and I am adding things every day and writing down what I put in so I know if I already packed it or not! I am putting outfits together, washing clothing, ironing, getting formal wear dry-cleaned etc! Still house cleaning, have a hair cut/color on the 6th, and then we head out on the 8th! It is getting closer everyone!

Thank you all for sticking with me on this long PTR, you will soon be rewarded with a Disney Wonder to Alaska TR, with stops in Seattle, Tracy Arm, Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan, and Victoria, BC! I might be getting a little ahead of myself but you should have lots of photos and even some video as well! But seriously, thank you for hanging in there with me throughout this!

Countdown: 9 Days
Old 05-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #56
pixie08
DIS Veteran

Looking foward to this cruise...it is soo close. I too need so polish for my pedi! Any color ideas? I am a designer so I am into color

Old 05-30-2012, 07:39 PM   #57
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Looking foward to this cruise...it is soo close. I too need so polish for my pedi! Any color ideas? I am a designer so I am into color
I am loving these colors by NARS at the moment,
http://www.sephora.com/thakoon-nail-...?skuId=1421122
I am going to use Kutki for my Mani and Red Bikini by Revlon for my Pedi I think This summer is all about bold colors
Old 05-31-2012, 01:28 AM   #58
insight blue
Earning My Ears

We are going to Alaska a couple weeks after you, so I am looking forward to your trip report to get me excited and give me some pointers! I hope you have an amazing time!!!

DH & Me
insight blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:20 AM   #59
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by insight blue View Post
We are going to Alaska a couple weeks after you, so I am looking forward to your trip report to get me excited and give me some pointers! I hope you have an amazing time!!!
Yay! I hope we ALL have a great time on our Alaska Cruises! I will try my best to make my TR as helpful as I can! Just reading all the TR's from last years cruises made me super excited, I only hope mine lives up to those! Thanks for reading!!
Old 05-31-2012, 06:35 PM   #60
pixie08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am loving these colors by NARS at the moment,
http://www.sephora.com/thakoon-nail-...?skuId=1421122
I am going to use Kutki for my Mani and Red Bikini by Revlon for my Pedi I think This summer is all about bold colors
Oh I agree I love the koliary too...I bought a dark blue from revlon for my toes! I was looking for this aqua from Essie but it is sold out everywhere. Love it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: