Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2012, 08:48 AM   #1
gonzo138
Mouseketeer

Confused on early ADR and transportation

We have early ADRs in each park (8:10 CRT, 8:00 Tusker House, 8:15 Hollywood & Vine, 8:00 Akershus, 8:15 Crystal Palace) before 9:00 park openings.

We are staying at Coronado. We do have a car with us. Our group is me, DH, DD3, DS 10 months, MIL (possibly with a wheel chair by end of week), an Aunt.

Is it even possible to take the bus?

If we are driving - how do I calculate how early to leave? I tried to search for how much time it takes from point A to point B - but the range was insane.

Also - how early can we enter the park before each ADR? I have read from between 5 minutes and 30 minutes.

Any guidance?

Thank you ~
Stacey

Last edited by gonzo138; 01-17-2012 at 08:54 AM.
gonzo138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:58 AM   #2
distherapy
DIS Veteran

Buses run for early reservations, as well as for people who want to be there well before park opening. I would very strongly suggest taking the bus, at least to AK. We have had the experience of arriving at the AK parking lot (in a taxi) only to find that it wouldn't open until 15 minutes before regular park opening, which would have been way too late. Some have reported different experiences with that lot, but I've seen enough reports of what I experienced that I caution you against driving that day.

We would generally plan to be at the bus stop at least an hour before our reservation.

Also, as an FYI, in case you're using the early breakfast reservations to get in the park early, please note that some parks may possibly open, without rope drop, at 8:30 before "9:00" openings. Just saying that so you're not sitting at H&V thinking you have good Toy Story fastpass plans and suddenly watching regular park entry happen early. See http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized...to-see-and-do/ for details.
Jan 2009 - Wilderness Lodge
Feb 2008 - Grand Floridian
distherapy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #3
shannonstar
StarGirlJapp

We made every reservation on time when we had them early and we always took the bus. One recommendation I have is to check in with the front desk the night before and let them know you have a reservation early. For some reason, this always helped the bus be there right at 7:20 or so.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:31 PM   #4
gonzo138
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone. This is actually one of the harder planning points of the trip never having been there before.

I suppose I need to find out the bus schedule from Coronado and where the best bus stop is going to be.

We arrive on the 29th. Yay!!
gonzo138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #5
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo138 View Post
Thanks everyone. This is actually one of the harder planning points of the trip never having been there before.

I suppose I need to find out the bus schedule from Coronado and where the best bus stop is going to be.

We arrive on the 29th. Yay!!
You aren't going to find a written schedule. WDW buses run, on average, every 20 min or so from the resorts to the various parks. As a PP said, just ask the concierge on your first night what time you would need to be at the bus stop in order to make your ADR.

Here's a link to the CSR map. It shows the various bus stops:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cspringsmap.htm

ETA: not sure what you mean by the 'best' bus stop. You won't know which is most convenient until you have checked in and found out what building you are in.

Last edited by minnie mum; 01-17-2012 at 02:47 PM.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:28 PM   #6
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Buses start running, between the resorts and parks, at 6:30am every morning. They sometimes start a bit earlier but it's best to plan on 6:30. These buses don't run quite as frequently as the regular resort to parks buses. So, if you just miss one, you could have a longer than usual wait.
For ADRs in the 8am range, you need to be ready to grab that first bus. If you miss it, then the one closer to 7am will still get you there. After that, all bets are off.
If driving, figure on leaving the resort about 7:15/7:30ish.

The time they allow you to enter the park tends to vary. Usually, you can get in about 20 mins prior to your ADR. If you get there pretty early, you can go up to the ADR entrance (usually off to the side) and ask if you can get in at that time, but if it's more than 30 mins early, you probably won't be allowed in.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:23 PM   #7
teffy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Buses start running, between the resorts and parks, at 6:30am every morning. They sometimes start a bit earlier but it's best to plan on 6:30. These buses don't run quite as frequently as the regular resort to parks buses. So, if you just miss one, you could have a longer than usual wait.
So we'd be able to make a 7:30 ADR for Chef Mickey's from POP Century by taking this first bus?

WDW 1981, 1982, 1989, 1995, 2012 (ASM) DL 2004

Me (32) My Sister (31) My Mum My Memaw
teffy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: