Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-25-2012, 07:46 PM   #106
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva
 
SoNotAPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Funny, Slorida
Posts: 1,215

Headline news: INTREPID EXPLORERS DISCOVER TOKELAU! Congratulations...I expect a full story, complete with photos, will appear in National Geographic: The Disney Edition! I love the little patio area outside your room, perfect for relaxing in the evening!

Yay for Epcot...it's like coming home every time I pass through the turnstile!
__________________
SoNotAPrincess is offline  
Old 01-25-2012, 07:47 PM   #107
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran
 
marDgreen88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,819

Hi! I'm joining the party. I've seen you comment on so many of the threads that I comment on, so I was glad to see when you had a new TR! I'm enjoying it so far, you have a very fun sense of humor. I appreciate humor haha. So YEAH!
__________________
-Marissa
marDgreen88 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-25-2012, 09:08 PM   #108
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran
 
tinacaplan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 3,780

YAY! You found your way...and the bathroom! Love the exotic, tropical mickey head. Can't wait to find out if you ever found the TTC!
__________________
CSR - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
BC - 2011, 2012, 2014
POLY - 2012
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

tinacaplan is offline  
Old 01-25-2012, 09:12 PM   #109
glennbo123
DIS Veteran
 
glennbo123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Then, and finally then, did I relax and take some pictures of our room!

It's evident from that picture that Wingnut did indeed inspect for bedbugs....at least that far bed anyway. Good job Wingnut!

Glad you found your room.
glennbo123 is offline  
Old 01-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #111
Luvmepluto
"Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children."-- Walt Disney
 
Luvmepluto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The beautiful foothills of North Carolina....564.04 miles from the happiest place on EARTH!!
Posts: 678

I am dying to stay at the Poly, but I can't get my husband to agree. He tells me the moderates and the values are good enough. I told him that for my 40th (in 2013) we will stay at the Poly or the GF!!!

The room look so nice as well as the grounds.
__________________
:DM(38)DD(10): ::
1999-POFQ,2000-POR,2003-POR
2005-CBR , 2007-POR, 2008-CSR, 2009-CBR,2010 POR,
2011 Pop, 2012POR,



Luvmepluto is offline  
Old 01-26-2012, 07:27 AM   #112
LilAnn
DIS Veteran
 
LilAnn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 1,405

Yay for room pics! I wonder why the air conditioning is so loud in the rooms? You would expect it to be whisper quiet when you are staying at a deluxe.

Nice patio shots. That could be relaxing to just sit there in the morning, especially since Disney seems free of bugs most of the time (as long as the love bugs aren't out and about).

Your photos make me wants warm weather....now.
__________________
LilAnn is offline  
Old 01-26-2012, 01:32 PM   #113
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran
 
Stringbean&Wingnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliquig View Post
No! You went to EPCOT! Shocker.

It looks so pretty, and the size is great, but the lack of illumination would bug me. Also perhaps the staff at the Poly should offer GPS for guests to get around the resort! Or you know, signs!
I know, right??? We NEVER go there!!!

It didn't bother me TOO much, but it was extremely noticeable. LOL GPS would be great!! There are sporadic signs, but not as many as we needed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankgirl427 View Post
I'm so happy your ME documents got to you! And I totally would have climbed over Wingnut to get off the bus so I didn't have to wait in any sort of crazy lines! I can't wait to hear more about your day!
Hahahaha I guess next time I'll have to make sure I have the aisle seat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Yeah, you found the room! I know, it felt like you were wandering around forever trying to find it, didn't it? I think that Farrell still had a hard time finding our longhouse even after being there for a week.

The rooms were a little on the dark side, I agree. Although finding the switches for all of the lights was quite interesting. Some of them had me feeling like I was a complete idiot. LOL
So did we, don't worry! I honestly have never felt so confused as to my whereabouts until staying there!!

I noticed that too!! Different lamps had different switches, it was very random. And I would always try to turn the "knob-type" ones (like on the headboards) the wrong way.
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline  
Old 01-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #114
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran
 
Stringbean&Wingnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,989

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post
Headline news: INTREPID EXPLORERS DISCOVER TOKELAU! Congratulations...I expect a full story, complete with photos, will appear in National Geographic: The Disney Edition! I love the little patio area outside your room, perfect for relaxing in the evening!

Yay for Epcot...it's like coming home every time I pass through the turnstile!
I swear, I felt like we deserved a medal or something after that!! (At the very least, a cover story!)

The patio was very cute! I enjoyed sitting there, although on the first floor, you are pretty much right along the path!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Hi! I'm joining the party. I've seen you comment on so many of the threads that I comment on, so I was glad to see when you had a new TR! I'm enjoying it so far, you have a very fun sense of humor. I appreciate humor haha. So YEAH!
Welcome!! Thank you!! Glad to have you here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
YAY! You found your way...and the bathroom! Love the exotic, tropical mickey head. Can't wait to find out if you ever found the TTC!
Hahaha thankfully!! I thought the lei was a cute touch!

Oh boy...finding the TTC...well...you'll see...
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline  
Old 01-26-2012, 01:42 PM   #115
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran
 
Stringbean&Wingnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,989

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
It's evident from that picture that Wingnut did indeed inspect for bedbugs....at least that far bed anyway. Good job Wingnut!

Glad you found your room.
You can see the comforter pulled up slightly on the first bed too, don't worry! He made sure to leave evidence of his thorough-ness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Yay another update !! Girl, there is NO way, I could have made from Jersey to Orlando without visiting the little girls room. You must have a cast iron bladder !! Love the room pics !! Can't wait to read more !!
Ordinarily, I would never ever think that I could make it that far. I guess I was just entirely motivated to get to Disney! (Trust me, I'm a person that usually has to make a stop at the slightest MENTION of a bathroom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmepluto View Post
I am dying to stay at the Poly, but I can't get my husband to agree. He tells me the moderates and the values are good enough. I told him that for my 40th (in 2013) we will stay at the Poly or the GF!!!

The room look so nice as well as the grounds.
Awww I hope he gives in to the Poly or GF!! That would be such a fun birthday treat! Both resorts really are gorgeous .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
Yay for room pics! I wonder why the air conditioning is so loud in the rooms? You would expect it to be whisper quiet when you are staying at a deluxe.

Nice patio shots. That could be relaxing to just sit there in the morning, especially since Disney seems free of bugs most of the time (as long as the love bugs aren't out and about).

Your photos make me wants warm weather....now.
It really was strange, I'm not sure if that's just a Tokelau thing? There are ceiling fans, so that helped a bit.

We noticed a ton of those teeny gnat bugs around the plants on our first day, but then after that, they seemed to go away. The patio was very much bug-free! (No love bugs on our trip!)
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline  
Old 01-26-2012, 08:13 PM   #116
GrammytoMany
Mouseketeer
 
GrammytoMany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 161

Hi! Just discovered your PTR/TRs the other day and have been reading them. Oh my goodness...you make me laugh out loud. Glad to see from one of your post that you were doing fine after your recovery from hear surgery.
You guys are the cutest couple. Can't wait to read and see photos of this trip to Disney.
Sheila
GrammytoMany is offline  
Old 01-26-2012, 10:12 PM   #117
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Fantasyland Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning
Posts: 1,589

Oooohh! I would like a dark room!! I love the dark. And loud air conditioners. Is it my "I-haven't-had-a-good-night's-sleep-in-six-years-cause-I'm-a-mom" showing? Dark rooms and loud white noise ups my odds for three kids to sleep somewhat through the night, and that's awesome. I'm noting it on my list.

And my list consists of...pretty much any deluxe resort within walking or monorail distance from a theme park. Seriously. I need help narrowing down the list. Brandon's pushing for Contemporary, but I have heard nothing on the darkness/air conditioner noise level of CR, so we'll see.

I have to applaud your bladder size (gosh, never thought I'd type that). I can't make it through carpool line without having to potty, and you make all the way from New Jersey!?! Bravo.
::Insert slow clapping here.::
__________________
Jennifer and Brandon, 2 Princesses and a PrinceSept. '09 (Pop), April/May '10 (Pop/CBR), Sept. '11 (Pop), Sept. '12 (CBR/Poly!), Sept. '13 (ASMo), Sept. '14 (POR/Beach Club)
TRIP VIDEO 2013! & TRIP VIDEO 2013-Mobile Friendly Version NEW VIDEOS!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Fantasyland Mom is offline  
Old 01-26-2012, 10:23 PM   #118
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,976

Well, next time can you PLEASE go to the bathroom somewhere between NJ and the Polynesian so I can have the full effect of your walk WITH pictures!

Those rooms are huge and the closet - to die for. What an awesome room and location. Very pretty!


Bring on Epcot!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 01-27-2012, 08:15 AM   #119
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran
 
Stringbean&Wingnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,989

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammytoMany View Post
Hi! Just discovered your PTR/TRs the other day and have been reading them. Oh my goodness...you make me laugh out loud. Glad to see from one of your post that you were doing fine after your recovery from hear surgery.
You guys are the cutest couple. Can't wait to read and see photos of this trip to Disney.
Sheila
Welcome!!! Glad to have you here!!! Aww, thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
Oooohh! I would like a dark room!! I love the dark. And loud air conditioners. Is it my "I-haven't-had-a-good-night's-sleep-in-six-years-cause-I'm-a-mom" showing? Dark rooms and loud white noise ups my odds for three kids to sleep somewhat through the night, and that's awesome. I'm noting it on my list.

And my list consists of...pretty much any deluxe resort within walking or monorail distance from a theme park. Seriously. I need help narrowing down the list. Brandon's pushing for Contemporary, but I have heard nothing on the darkness/air conditioner noise level of CR, so we'll see.

I have to applaud your bladder size (gosh, never thought I'd type that). I can't make it through carpool line without having to potty, and you make all the way from New Jersey!?! Bravo.
::Insert slow clapping here.::
Hahaha well then our room in Tokelau would be perfect for you!!!

Any theme park? Are you set on it being the MK, or is Epcot ok too? Because I've heard that the Beach Club is really fun for the kids (Stormalong Bay is there too!), although I think the rooms might be slightly brighter there with the theme! In the MK area, even though I've only stayed at the Poly, that's what I'd probably recommend. Although you can walk to the MK from the Contemporary, which is pretty awesome. The Poly seems to have the most fun atmosphere out of the three though, at least to me. And their pool has a giant volcano!!

Hahaha I swear, my bladder is not usually that impressive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Well, next time can you PLEASE go to the bathroom somewhere between NJ and the Polynesian so I can have the full effect of your walk WITH pictures!

Those rooms are huge and the closet - to die for. What an awesome room and location. Very pretty!


Bring on Epcot!
Alright, alright, I'll pause in my excitement next time at MCO! (Admittedly, you probably wouldn't have gotten too many "walking to the room" shots, we had a few pieces of luggage along with us!

The closets were seriously awesome. I loved that they lit up! The room really was great!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline  
Old 01-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #120
MeMom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 15,023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post


Straight ahead is Tahiti.

Looks like a nice place to sit and plan the day's activities.

And maybe wave at an occasional passer-by. 'Hi there! We're on vacation, too. In Disney World. At Poly. We're cool. See ya in the parks or maybe scarfin' down some skewers at 'Ohana after while. Life is good. Maybe better than good.'
__________________
So Much to Celebrate http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066162
I Don't Know, I Don't Speak Wind http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2962147
All I want for Christmas http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2860915
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678


We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: