Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2012, 06:20 AM   #91
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaKnits View Post
Yay!! You made it!

I am absolutely bursting with excitement! You must must must write more!
Haha thank you!!! I will, don't worry!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
Good Grumpypants. Glad you got the longhouse you wanted.
Yeah, okay, I got slightly grumpy...but I still think it was for good reason!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
So, you just held your ME packet? If I were you, I would have been holding it over my head, pointing at it, and yelling, "You know what THIS is!?! That's right! My freakin' ME packet! Wooot!" Because, seriously, you deserve a little moment like that after all the stress of waiting on that stuff!

I KNEW the tikis would not disappoint! I can't wait to see pictures! I'm trying to decide between several resorts right now, and that's one of them. I want every detail!!!

Too bad about no Wingnut lei pics. He won't reenact that for ya?

Loved your plan (that Wingnut seems to have forgotten) for exiting the bus! Seems like a rope drop FP dash to me, only for check-in counters. Awesome.
I have a picture of you running through the airport waving your packet like a championship trophy! I should have done that! I just clutched it in my hand, afraid I'd drop it!

What other resorts are you deciding between? I will be posting room pictures in my next update, don't worry!

Hahaha sadly we left the lei's in the room! I SO should have taken a pic!

It WAS like rope drop!! I felt like I was training for the TSM dash!
Old 01-24-2012, 06:23 AM   #92
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Magical Express sounds so fantastic. Like you just step off the plane and already you're immersed in Disney magic. Someday I'll go on ME, when I'm brave enough to deal with the buses for a whole trip! I'm sure I'd be crying like a baby at the video!

OMG I am always so impatient waiting to get off any public transportation in Disney! I always want to be the first one off of anything!

Yay for getting Tokelau! If I ever stay at the Poly, I'm requesting that longhouse!
ME for getting to Disney is great!! (We're not really fans of taking it back to the airport, it seems to cut the timing a bit close sometimes for our liking.) And it's free, and they pick up your bags for you! And you get a Disney video!

Hahaha same here! There's more Disney to be seen! I can't stay on the bus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliquig View Post
Joining in! I'm surprised you didn't just wear the ME documents on a string around your neck after what you went through to get them.

I have to confess the assurance of full size snacks was one of the major points to fly Jet Blue for me. We have a 6:30 AM flight and Bradley is not known for having a lot of things open that early.

We also have a pre-disney day, since we are staying at an airport hotel to reduce the early wake up time.

I'm so glad you got the longhouse you wanted! I can't wait for pictures!
Welcome!!!

I just held them REALLY tightly! Yes, JetBlue has pretty much as many bags of snacks that you want! And I think they have meals too, but they charge for them.

That's a good idea to stay at the airport hotel! You'll definitely be waking up early for your flight!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2012, 07:43 AM   #93
MiaBella05
DIS Veteran

joining in
Caribbean Beach - Oct. '08
Riverside - May '09

Old 01-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #94
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

You made it!

Doesn't Wingnut realize that you are wasting ample Disney vacation time on the ME bus?! Sheesh!

for getting Tokelau!!! I knew the Tiki Disney gods would be nice to you!!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Old 01-24-2012, 03:36 PM   #95
manntra
DIS Veteran

I like "hangry" although we usually use temper tummy. It's all the same!!!
JB...just made my flight reservations for May with them. 7am departure landing at 945am. Can't beat that!!
Oh and I am alllllll about getting off that ME bus! Watch out!! Happy everything worked out for you but it was quite an amusing description (I am sure not at the time) of your debarkation Great score on getting the longhouse you wanted AND your room was ready Awesome way to start your trip!!

Tracy
Old 01-24-2012, 07:20 PM   #96
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaBella05 View Post
joining in
Welcome!! Glad to have you here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
You made it!

Doesn't Wingnut realize that you are wasting ample Disney vacation time on the ME bus?! Sheesh!

for getting Tokelau!!! I knew the Tiki Disney gods would be nice to you!!
Hahaha I know, right??? Time's a' wastin!!

I was hoping they would be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
I like "hangry" although we usually use temper tummy. It's all the same!!!
JB...just made my flight reservations for May with them. 7am departure landing at 945am. Can't beat that!!
Oh and I am alllllll about getting off that ME bus! Watch out!! Happy everything worked out for you but it was quite an amusing description (I am sure not at the time) of your debarkation Great score on getting the longhouse you wanted AND your room was ready Awesome way to start your trip!!

Tracy
Temper tummy is a good one!! So many people have terms for it, I definitely don't feel alone!

Awesome flight times!!! That's what I always try to go for!

Hahaha I was literally sitting there, partially annoyed, and partially like "this is going to make a GREAT story on the Dis..."

It really was a great way to start off the trip! Thanks!!
Old 01-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #97
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Tokelau, Tokelau, Tokelau!

As you already know, that was our building too. We were in room 2944. Pretty good location to us.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:42 PM   #98
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

I haven't been on the Dis much the past few days so I missed that you started your TR. Great start to your trip by getting there early and getting the building you wanted! Can't wait to read more!

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
Old 01-25-2012, 12:35 AM   #99
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

oh, I just about died laughing at your bus story. I can totally picture it too! Um, that totally defeats the purpose of sitting in the front rows too if you aren't going to make a mad dash off the bus! Classic story.

I also love how you say that you were thinking it would make a great Dis story. I do that on trips too now. I start thinking, so and so would totally appreciate this moment. Love how their is such a nice friendly feeling here on the TR threads.

Anxiously awaiting pics of the Poly room.....(drums fingers impatiently on the table)
Old 01-25-2012, 05:08 AM   #100
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post

The bus driver then announced the order of the resorts we would be stopping at, starting with...

THE POLYNESIAN!!!!

(Yeah, I cheered and danced. A little. Quietly.)
It's always a good start when you get to be the first stop.

Quote:
The usual bus video then played, and right before it started, I promised Wingnut that I wouldn't cry like the last time we were on the Magical Express bus and the video was playing and I was a slight mess.

But then the game changed entirely, and all bets were off.

SINCE WHEN DID THEY START PLAYING THE CLIPS OF "SURPRISE YOU'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD" AT THE BEGINNING OF THAT???

I can never ever ever ever see one of those without tearing up. I have no idea why. I blame the music. And not the fact that I'm a big ol' emotional sap.
I have been known to youtube Disney Surprise Trip and sit and bawl at the resulting videos that come up.

Quote:
Wingnut and I actually have a system for disembarking the Magical Express bus, devised on our last trip. The second the bus parks, I shoot out of the bus like a cannon and powerwalk past any friendly greeter right to the check-in counter. Wingnut stands in my cloud of Wile-E-Coyote-style dust, retrieves the bags, and tips the ME driver. And then catches up with me eventually.

At least, that's what I assume he does. Once I take off, I don't look back.
Exactly what we do. We take the girls and John is left with the bags. Then when he gets in, he gets the girls and sits in the TV room with them while we finish.

Except this time he didn't watch them very well amd Bella escaped, as you know.

Quote:
CM: Okay, your room is ready now, it's #.
Wingnut: Okay, great!
Me: Which longhouse is that in???

So, of course, to weigh my odds on the end of maximum potential disappointment, I started chanting "Tokelau. Tokelau. Tokelau." in my head, hoping that we would be placed there. But anywhere would be okay. "Tokelau. Tokelau."

CM: It's in Tokelau.

Hooray!

I can picture your whole scene from MCO to Poly. Such an exciting time!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:38 PM   #101
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Tokelau, Tokelau, Tokelau!

As you already know, that was our building too. We were in room 2944. Pretty good location to us.
I was all excited that we were put there! I know, how funny is that??

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
I haven't been on the Dis much the past few days so I missed that you started your TR. Great start to your trip by getting there early and getting the building you wanted! Can't wait to read more!
Welcome!! Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
oh, I just about died laughing at your bus story. I can totally picture it too! Um, that totally defeats the purpose of sitting in the front rows too if you aren't going to make a mad dash off the bus! Classic story.

I also love how you say that you were thinking it would make a great Dis story. I do that on trips too now. I start thinking, so and so would totally appreciate this moment. Love how their is such a nice friendly feeling here on the TR threads.

Anxiously awaiting pics of the Poly room.....(drums fingers impatiently on the table)
I really had been proud of myself for getting the 2nd row!! Oh well...

It's so funny how I now think of the Dis and everyone while at Disney! It really is a great community here!

Poly room pictures will be in the next update, I promise!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
It's always a good start when you get to be the first stop.

I have been known to youtube Disney Surprise Trip and sit and bawl at the resulting videos that come up.

Exactly what we do. We take the girls and John is left with the bags. Then when he gets in, he gets the girls and sits in the TV room with them while we finish.

Except this time he didn't watch them very well amd Bella escaped, as you know.

Hooray!

I can picture your whole scene from MCO to Poly. Such an exciting time!
It is! We were the first stop on our last trip too! I think I would be bursting out of my seat if we went to another resort first!

Why do we do this? Why? I know I'm setting myself up to cry whenever I look at those videos, but I do it all the time! They're the sweetest things to watch.

Hahaha well normally it works out well for you guys! Bella was just too excited to get her Disney trip going, apparently!!
Old 01-25-2012, 06:12 PM   #102
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Finding the hidden longhouse of Tokelau

Before leaving the Great Ceremonial House, the CM that had checked us in helpfully pointed us in the direction of Tokelau, and had made sure that we had our map.

Nope, I didn't take that as any sort of forewarning.

Onward! Outward! Forging ahead!

Wingnut was our map-holder while I attempted to find landmarks between the foliage. "Um. Niue?"

The doors to Niue welcomingly opened as we walked past. Sorry Niue, we walked on by.

The paths started to wind, and we desperately were looking for some other sort of hint to our location, but truly, the only distinguishing aspect to any of the buildings in the Polynesian that I could ascertain was the roof of the Great Ceremonial House. (Which was helpful many a time, but not when we were attempting to head AWAY from it.)

Alright. Seriously. We are in Disney World. How tricky could this be???

I looked at the map. "Alright. If we're where I think we possibly are, then there should be a pool to our left."

Miraculously, there was a pool. (Possibly even more miraculously, it was on our left.)

And right past the pool, via another curving path, was Tokelau.

TOKELAU, HO!!!

(Honestly, if we had been placed in a longhouse any further away, I have absolutely no clue how we would have found it.)

(Also, if you're wondering why we seemingly aren't soaking in the Polynesian ambience quite yet, don't forget, I hadn't gone to the bathroom since New Jersey. Neither had Wingnut. The ambience would have to wait a couple of minutes while we semi-hurriedly attempted to find our room.)

Our room was on the first floor, so we entered Tokelau and bore (beared?) left.

Coming up next time…

(No, I'm kidding)

We found the room, and entered.

I beelined for the bathroom (again, Wingnut is very chivalrous), yelling for Wingnut to please check for bedbugs.

(Yes, we absolutely positively must do that FIRST thing. Especially since I had seen a thread on the Dis around a week before we left reporting of bedbugs in Tahiti . Seriously??? Not what I wanted to see right before our trip!)

We were all clear!

Then, and finally then, did I relax and take some pictures of our room!

Tropical towel animal!

I know, I'm not Wingnut, but here's a picture of me in my lei.

Lamp Tiki.

Check this out: the closet doors...

LIT UP!!!

I thought the room was a very nice size.

Headboards.

Random painting in the bathroom. My vote is flower. Possibly.

(No, I didn't change, these pictures were actually taken on our last day)

Super-power flush toilets.

Being on the first floor, we had a little patio. Being me, I had to go check it out immediately.

Straight ahead is Tahiti.

Looking right.

Looking left.

Looking left, with bionic vision.

Boats!

Overall, I thought our room was very nice, very clean, in good shape. It was adorned with lots of little Tiki and other Polynesian touches, which was fun. I think the only slight dislikes I had was that it was a bit dark (if I turned on EVERY light, then it sort of matched an average hotel room's illumination level, but it was certainly not bright). Also, as Danielle had said in her TR, the air conditioning was very loud. We tried to rely on the ceiling fan as much as possible, which worked pretty well.

Bags dropped off, we were ready to head to our first park of the trip!

Any guesses as to where we chose?

Oh, it's not even worth keeping you in suspense…you all know where we went!

EPCOT!!!!!

(No, I don't mind being predictable at all.)

This led to our next navigational adventure…finding the TTC!
Old 01-25-2012, 06:22 PM   #103
Oliquig
Mouseketeer

No! You went to EPCOT! Shocker.

It looks so pretty, and the size is great, but the lack of illumination would bug me. Also perhaps the staff at the Poly should offer GPS for guests to get around the resort! Or you know, signs!
Old 01-25-2012, 06:36 PM   #104
tankgirl427
DIS Veteran

I'm so happy your ME documents got to you! And I totally would have climbed over Wingnut to get off the bus so I didn't have to wait in any sort of crazy lines! I can't wait to hear more about your day!

"You held me down, but I got up, Get ready cause I’ve had enough."

PHM 2015-In Pursuit of Cupcakes While Running in Glass Slippers

Pre 2006 doesn't count, 2006: Dolphin, 2006: 16 hours of MK & EP, 2009: DL, 2010: PC with DDP, 2011: Off-site with friends & PC, 2012: AKL & BLT, POFQ, 2013: POP, POP, DL, POP
Old 01-25-2012, 06:46 PM   #105
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Yeah, you found the room! I know, it felt like you were wandering around forever trying to find it, didn't it? I think that Farrell still had a hard time finding our longhouse even after being there for a week.

The rooms were a little on the dark side, I agree. Although finding the switches for all of the lights was quite interesting. Some of them had me feeling like I was a complete idiot. LOL

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: