Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #76
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

PICTURES, WOMAN, I WANT PICTURES!!! OF THE POLY!!

OK, I'm done screaming now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
The bus driver then announced the order of the resorts we would be stopping at, starting with...

THE POLYNESIAN!!!!

(Yeah, I cheered and danced. A little. Quietly.)
I almost clapped here, I'm so excited for you. First of all, because I'm thrilled that you were able to get there that much more quickly, but because I'm also hoping that the bus always goes in that order!

Quote:
The usual bus video then played, and right before it started, I promised Wingnut that I wouldn't cry like the last time we were on the Magical Express bus and the video was playing and I was a slight mess.

But then the game changed entirely, and all bets were off.

SINCE WHEN DID THEY START PLAYING THE CLIPS OF "SURPRISE YOU'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD" AT THE BEGINNING OF THAT???

I can never ever ever ever see one of those without tearing up. I have no idea why. I blame the music. And not the fact that I'm a big ol' emotional sap.

Sunglasses on. I'm all about the subtlety.
Yep...I pretty much do the same exact thing!

Quote:
If you can't tell from my photo angle, we were pretty close to the front of the bus. The second row, in fact. I had purposely chosen it to get off the bus in the speediest fashion possible.
You got some great shots of the sign. Definitely sitting in the front helps.

Quote:
Wingnut and I actually have a system for disembarking the Magical Express bus, devised on our last trip. The second the bus parks, I shoot out of the bus like a cannon and powerwalk past any friendly greeter right to the check-in counter. Wingnut stands in my cloud of Wile-E-Coyote-style dust, retrieves the bags, and tips the ME driver. And then catches up with me eventually.
Yup...this. I pretty much run from the second we get off the plane. Even pushing a stroller doesn't slow me down much. I have to admit that there is a second where all I'm thinking is, get me in, get me in and I truly feel like I'm a kid again.

Quote:
Speaking of our room...

CM: Okay, your room is ready now, it's #.
Wingnut: Okay, great!
Me: Which longhouse is that in???

CM: It's in Tokelau.
I clapped when I read this. Seriously. I'm so excited for you! I requested Tokelau, too. Seemed best.

Quote:
I was pretty elated at that point, Wingnut didn't really know what it meant, but was happy that our room was ready. Map of the resort in hand, leis around our necks, we were off in the direction of Tokelau!
I would be, too! I can't wait to stay there. Also, can't wait to hear about and SEE pictures of the room! So happy for you that whole deplane/ME/check-in process went so well.
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Old 01-22-2012, 09:27 PM   #77
jecskc
DIS Veteran

OK, that whole exiting the bus scene was hilarious. And just for the record, I would totally be thinking the same thing. Get out my way, i have some checking in to do. What was Wingnut thinking making you wait all grumpy-like?? That was no time for chivalry to be sure.

Yay that you got the long house you wanted. So looking forward to reading more.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2012, 09:42 PM   #78
MEK
DIS Veteran

You ARE the bad one....Did you forget to read the memo? OMG I am totally cracking up over wingnut not standing while the whole bus is unloading. That is so something Denny would do, but I would probably jump over him into the aisle.

I'm so happy you got through check-in in a flash and that you got the long house you wanted. That's awesome. Oh - and I'm proud of wingnut for wearing his lei to the room and not ducking around the corner to take it off.

Love the Poly rooms - can't wait to see your room!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-22-2012, 09:51 PM   #79
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

So excited you got the longhouse you wanted!

I was cracking up at that bus scene...TOTALLY something my boyfriend would do! He is also chivalrous, which is really cute and really endearing, but I would have vaulted over him if he'd done that!

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Old 01-22-2012, 09:54 PM   #80
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Sara, this update had me rolling! My goodness, the sheer irony that it was Wingnut WINGNUT blocking you! Oh dear, I've been in those shoes before because DH is also very chivalrous and let's about 1,000 people go by before we can get out of our aisle. I suppose it's not the worst thing having a considerate man even though I secretly contemplated kicking him in the shin to get my point across... Move it buddy!

You clearly had great ME seats, good work! Your arrival pictures came out great, just seeing that happy arc signage is enough to make me giddy with excitement.

Ah, the tiki gods smiled upon you my friend. Tokelau is fabulous, we've stayed in that longhouse twice and it's fantastic. I believe they have the largest rooms at the Poly, right? Would you believe that even with it's very obvious central location, I still managed to get lost or turned around almost everytime we left? Ya, I'm great with directions.

How cool that your rooms were ready, yay! Can't wait to see the picks.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:02 PM   #81
Luvmepluto
"Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children."-- Walt Disney

Location: The beautiful foothills of North Carolina....564.04 miles from the happiest place on EARTH!!

It seems like Wingnut forgot the plans.

That is something that would happen to me. I am glad that you got the longhouse that you wanted. I can't wait to see what you thought of your room.
2011 Pop, 2012POR,

Old 01-22-2012, 10:56 PM   #82
jodywgirl
DIS Veteran

I'm signing on. I loved your bus exit story. My husband just doesn't understand either the feeling I get and how I don't want to miss a second of the disney magic. Hope you have a great trip. I enjoyed reading your last dining report
All Star Movies July 2005 Disney Cruise Line Aug 2005 Pop Century May 2007 Pop Century Dec 2008 Bay Lake Tower Sep 2009 Old Key West Dec 2009 GC Villas June 10 AKL Aug 2010 Boardwalk Villas & Disney Cruise March 11Girls Trip All Star Music May 12 May 2013 Family Vacation SSR Girls Trip NOV 2013 BLT / AKL Kidani
Old 01-22-2012, 11:12 PM   #83
JessicaKnits
DIS Veteran

Yay!! You made it!

I am absolutely bursting with excitement! You must must must write more!
Old 01-23-2012, 08:40 AM   #84
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
Someone needs to pretend we've got a clue
Chocolate is a girls heaven

Good Grumpypants. Glad you got the longhouse you wanted.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:26 PM   #85
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

So, you just held your ME packet? If I were you, I would have been holding it over my head, pointing at it, and yelling, "You know what THIS is!?! That's right! My freakin' ME packet! Wooot!" Because, seriously, you deserve a little moment like that after all the stress of waiting on that stuff!

I KNEW the tikis would not disappoint! I can't wait to see pictures! I'm trying to decide between several resorts right now, and that's one of them. I want every detail!!!

Too bad about no Wingnut lei pics. He won't reenact that for ya?

Loved your plan (that Wingnut seems to have forgotten) for exiting the bus! Seems like a rope drop FP dash to me, only for check-in counters. Awesome.

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Old 01-23-2012, 07:53 PM   #86
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Magical Express sounds so fantastic. Like you just step off the plane and already you're immersed in Disney magic. Someday I'll go on ME, when I'm brave enough to deal with the buses for a whole trip! I'm sure I'd be crying like a baby at the video!

OMG I am always so impatient waiting to get off any public transportation in Disney! I always want to be the first one off of anything!

Yay for getting Tokelau! If I ever stay at the Poly, I'm requesting that longhouse!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 01-23-2012, 11:14 PM   #87
Oliquig
Mouseketeer

Joining in! I'm surprised you didn't just wear the ME documents on a string around your neck after what you went through to get them.

I have to confess the assurance of full size snacks was one of the major points to fly Jet Blue for me. We have a 6:30 AM flight and Bradley is not known for having a lot of things open that early.

We also have a pre-disney day, since we are staying at an airport hotel to reduce the early wake up time.

I'm so glad you got the longhouse you wanted! I can't wait for pictures!
Old 01-24-2012, 07:09 AM   #88
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post
Love that the Tikis smiled on you!

You crack me up with your disembarkation plan, and finally the answer to the burning question, "When is a chivalrous BF a bad thing?"

Excellent installment...very funny!!
We definitely found the answer to that question that day!!!

Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
That's awesome you got the building you wanted!
And hooray for no check-in line! Online check-in is awesome!

and thanks for the warning about the bus video! those "surprise" videos make me cry too so now I know to be prepared.
It really is! Actually, there was no one in the regular check-in line either! I have no idea where all those people from the bus went!!

No problem! I don't know why they get me like they do, but seriously, literally, EVERY time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
PICTURES, WOMAN, I WANT PICTURES!!! OF THE POLY!!

OK, I'm done screaming now.

I almost clapped here, I'm so excited for you. First of all, because I'm thrilled that you were able to get there that much more quickly, but because I'm also hoping that the bus always goes in that order!

Yep...I pretty much do the same exact thing!

You got some great shots of the sign. Definitely sitting in the front helps.

Yup...this. I pretty much run from the second we get off the plane. Even pushing a stroller doesn't slow me down much. I have to admit that there is a second where all I'm thinking is, get me in, get me in and I truly feel like I'm a kid again.

I clapped when I read this. Seriously. I'm so excited for you! I requested Tokelau, too. Seemed best.

I would be, too! I can't wait to stay there. Also, can't wait to hear about and SEE pictures of the room! So happy for you that whole deplane/ME/check-in process went so well.
Alright, alright, I'm getting there!!! I absolutely super-duper promise that there will be Poly pictures in the next installment!!!

I hope so too!! I really don't know how the science of the bus orders actually works! On the ME line sign, the Poly was listed like 3rd.

Hahaha I hit the ground power-walking too! It's like, you can't hold me back any longer!!

Again, Tokelau room pictures to come VERY soon! I was happy that everything went so smoothly too!!
Old 01-24-2012, 07:12 AM   #89
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
OK, that whole exiting the bus scene was hilarious. And just for the record, I would totally be thinking the same thing. Get out my way, i have some checking in to do. What was Wingnut thinking making you wait all grumpy-like?? That was no time for chivalry to be sure.

Yay that you got the long house you wanted. So looking forward to reading more.
Right??? Doesn't he know we have things to do, snack credits to use?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
You ARE the bad one....Did you forget to read the memo? OMG I am totally cracking up over wingnut not standing while the whole bus is unloading. That is so something Denny would do, but I would probably jump over him into the aisle.

I'm so happy you got through check-in in a flash and that you got the long house you wanted. That's awesome. Oh - and I'm proud of wingnut for wearing his lei to the room and not ducking around the corner to take it off.

Love the Poly rooms - can't wait to see your room!
Hahahaha I'm always the bad one, I know. I didn't even think of jumping over him, I probably would have tripped and delayed the process FURTHER.

Thanks!! I was VERY impressed he kept it on for that long too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
So excited you got the longhouse you wanted!

I was cracking up at that bus scene...TOTALLY something my boyfriend would do! He is also chivalrous, which is really cute and really endearing, but I would have vaulted over him if he'd done that!
Hahaha thanks! It's like, you can be sweet and polite another time!!
Old 01-24-2012, 07:16 AM   #90
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Sara, this update had me rolling! My goodness, the sheer irony that it was Wingnut WINGNUT blocking you! Oh dear, I've been in those shoes before because DH is also very chivalrous and let's about 1,000 people go by before we can get out of our aisle. I suppose it's not the worst thing having a considerate man even though I secretly contemplated kicking him in the shin to get my point across... Move it buddy!

You clearly had great ME seats, good work! Your arrival pictures came out great, just seeing that happy arc signage is enough to make me giddy with excitement.

Ah, the tiki gods smiled upon you my friend. Tokelau is fabulous, we've stayed in that longhouse twice and it's fantastic. I believe they have the largest rooms at the Poly, right? Would you believe that even with it's very obvious central location, I still managed to get lost or turned around almost everytime we left? Ya, I'm great with directions.

How cool that your rooms were ready, yay! Can't wait to see the picks.
Hahahaha exactly! It's wonderful that he's so chivalrous, but not when I've got places to be!!

I think that their rooms are on the larger end of the ones there, our room was pretty big! Oh, more on us getting lost to come. Many times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmepluto View Post
It seems like Wingnut forgot the plans.

That is something that would happen to me. I am glad that you got the longhouse that you wanted. I can't wait to see what you thought of your room.
Seemingly!!! I thought he knew by now!!

Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodywgirl View Post
I'm signing on. I loved your bus exit story. My husband just doesn't understand either the feeling I get and how I don't want to miss a second of the disney magic. Hope you have a great trip. I enjoyed reading your last dining report
Welcome!!! Thank you! Hahaha exactly, I want to spend as much time at Disney as possible!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: