Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #46
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Wingnut wasn't quite ready to start the food photo taking yet. ("We haven't even left our town!!")
Wingnut's gotta get with the program!!!

Great start (anyway )!
Old 01-18-2012, 09:37 PM   #47
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

I have no idea how I'm two days late for this! Oh, well! OF COURSE I'm here! Now off to catch up.

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2012, 06:24 AM   #48
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Very nice, so you wouldn't have to worry about paying for parking or about something happening to your car.
It was, it was really great of them! Especially since they had to drive us to the airport super-early that morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy View Post
I'm here! I'm looking forward to reading about your trip!
Welcome!!! Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
I'm here! I still have to go back and read, but wanted to join in before I forget!
Glad to have you here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
At least ONE? We have WHOLE BOXES in both cars, 2 boxes in the house, and a spare box at my dad's house just in case we manage to go for a visit and some how DON'T have any lactaid pills...

OK THAT pic is actually nice! If I took I pic of our view, it would be a parking lot. I HATE parking lot views!

Mental note to go to Target this weekend!
Hahahaha okay, I totally used to be like that too! But since my heart surgery, all of my food allergies disappeared, and my lactose intolerance improved greatly too. Also, I started eating yogurt, which I've read can have a great affect on lactose intolerance. So between the two, I have been able to eat pizza, ice cream, pretty much anything with no or very little effect! (The only thing I still take Lactaid with is cheesecake, but I've had small amounts of it with no problem.)

The funniest part of all of this is I used to be absolutely disgusted by yogurt, didn't even want to be in the same room with it, gross gross gross. Now I have it every morning! (Always with a flavor or mix-in or whatnot, I still can't stand plain or Greek yogurt - too yogurty!)

So if you guys can stand (or actually like!) yogurt, I'd definitely recommend eating some and seeing if it helps at all!

Hahaha thank you! (That's actually down the street from our home, our actual view is parking lot too )

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Wingnut's gotta get with the program!!!

Great start (anyway )!
Right??? Doesn't he realize that his corned beef hash is an integral part of our story here???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
I have no idea how I'm two days late for this! Oh, well! OF COURSE I'm here! Now off to catch up.
Hahaha glad you're here!! Not much to catch up on yet, don't worry!
Old 01-19-2012, 09:19 AM   #49
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hahahaha okay, I totally used to be like that too! But since my heart surgery, all of my food allergies disappeared, and my lactose intolerance improved greatly too. Also, I started eating yogurt, which I've read can have a great affect on lactose intolerance. So between the two, I have been able to eat pizza, ice cream, pretty much anything with no or very little effect! (The only thing I still take Lactaid with is cheesecake, but I've had small amounts of it with no problem.)

The funniest part of all of this is I used to be absolutely disgusted by yogurt, didn't even want to be in the same room with it, gross gross gross. Now I have it every morning! (Always with a flavor or mix-in or whatnot, I still can't stand plain or Greek yogurt - too yogurty!)
So if you guys can stand (or actually like!) yogurt, I'd definitely recommend eating some and seeing if it helps at all!
Hahaha thank you! (That's actually down the street from our home, our actual view is parking lot too )
Thankfully, I don't have lactose intolerance...I seriously could not live without dairy! My BF on the other hand...if he even LOOKS at dairy he's got problems! He actually was eating the greek yogurt for a while but has since stopped....although he would STILL have to take a lactaid pill with it...is that NOT supposed to happen? Should he be able to eat yogurt without it?
Old 01-19-2012, 12:36 PM   #50
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
Thankfully, I don't have lactose intolerance...I seriously could not live without dairy! My BF on the other hand...if he even LOOKS at dairy he's got problems! He actually was eating the greek yogurt for a while but has since stopped....although he would STILL have to take a lactaid pill with it...is that NOT supposed to happen? Should he be able to eat yogurt without it?
Originally I thought that was the case, because of the active live cultures, but I was googling and it seems that people that are lactose intolerant can have a problem with yogurt too (it doesn't have a lot of milk cultures, but they can be there, apparently)! It sounds like your BF's lactose intolerance affects him a lot more than mine does! However, I have seen soy and coconut yogurts in the store if that's something your BF might be interested in trying, I really like coconut milk substitutes for dairy. I was drinking almond milk for awhile too, that's not bad either.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:33 PM   #51
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

You can fly! You can fly! You can fly!

Very early the next day (I can't even say bright and early, it was still quite some time before the sun rose!) we got up and drove to the airport.

What the moon looks like when you're trying to stealthily take a picture in the backseat of a car driving down the highway.

(The stealth mode was on because Wingnut's dad was also in the car with us and I didn't want to give away that I was already taking pictures at 5:30 AM)

Another try?

Well, it's...wigglier.

We soon got to the airport, and quickly got through bag check (WITH the ME tags attached! ) and security, because, well, apparently no one else wants to be at the airport at 5:35 on a Sunday morning.

Go figure.

We strolled up to our gate at (checks timestamp of the next photo) 6:02 AM. Well, it actually says 7:02, but I'm pretty sure I didn't change the time for Daylight Savings Time.

(Hey, half of of the year it's correct! )

So, I had absolutely NO idea that there was one of these in our airport, let alone about 20 feet from our gate!

Not shockingly, they weren't open yet, and I meandered around the area for a few minutes before I decided that I really wasn't up for roast beef this early in the morning, and I made my way to one of those standard airport little shops with newspapers and drinks and pastries.

(It's always a good time for pastries!)

Yes, I was being literal when I used the plural form of pastry. And yes, this was all mine.

ALL MINE.

I decided to start off with my chocolate croissant. I may or may not have offered to share. Begrudgingly.

Wingnut decided it would probably make for a more cheerful flight companion if he ventured and found a breakfast of his own (hey, I can't help that I get the hunger grumpies). He picked out a cinnamon raisin bagel with (I believe) butter. It was either butter or cream cheese. Nothing out of the ordinary.

We settled in and watched an episode or two of Community while we waited to board.

(Seriously, do you guys watch Community? Is it not the best show ever??)

Soon enough we boarded the plane, and I snacked on my second pastry of the morning.

A cranberry orange scone. Perfectly fine. Although I wasn't able to use a snack credit for it, so we clearly weren't in Disney yet.

I also got chips, because I could.

Rock on JetBlue, having your own official snack. I want my own official snack. I think it would have to include whipped cream. And salted caramel. And steak. And cookies.

(Clearly, we're still in the brainstorming phase here.)

Hey, look, an identifiable picture of the sky!

Before long (although any amount of time feels long when it's between me and Disney), we landed in Orlando. I used my best tour-group-leader skills to point us in the direction of SIDE B LEVEL 1, and we headed towards the Magical Express center.

(With our ME documents in hand!)

(No, I'm not tired of pointing that out yet. These were a long time coming! )

Last edited by Stringbean&Wingnut; 01-19-2012 at 08:01 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:52 PM   #52
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Love all the pictures. And, as for Community...why don't I get it? I love 30 Rock? What am I missing? :

And wow...a chocolate croissant before you're even on the plane...IMPRESSIVE!

I'm also a big fan of the super early morning flight. Means almost a full day in Disney!
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Old 01-19-2012, 09:23 PM   #53
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Yay! You're on your way to Disney!

I laughed when Wingnut had to go get his own breakfast. Most of the fights DH and I have involve me getting mad about sharing food!

JetBlue chips... the first time I flew with them, I thought the flight attendant was offering us "Terrible Chips" Then I read the bag... ohh.... Terra BLUE chips. That makes more sense.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:02 PM   #54
Merida
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is the truth! I love diner omelets! I especially love this diner because one of their combos (which was pictured) includes pancakes AND an omelet! Seriously. My two favorite things of breakfast on one plate!

Hahaha I'm pretty terrible at it too! But it's still fun! I've never heard of Bezzerwhizzer, but I'm even worse at trivia games (seriously, no one in their right mind would want to be on my team in Trivial Pursuit). I'd give it a shot though!!
It's actually a lot like Trivial Pursuit, only I haven't read all the cards yet. And you can pick (sort of) your category. We have a different trivia game where you bet on other people's answers to earn "money" and the question was 'What year did Magic Kingdom open?' and no one bet on my answer. Like I wouldn't know that one!

Mmmm, pastries. Au Bon Pain is my traditional airport stop because of their Wall of Baked Goods.

We saw the first season of Community and then stopped for some reason (maybe we got rid of cable?). I love Troy and Abed (in the Morning ). And the Claymation Christmas episode! We keep meaning to catch up (and I guess it's easier now since it's "on break") but haven't gotten there yet!

YAY ME DOCUMENTS!!
Old 01-19-2012, 10:49 PM   #56
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

I was cracking up when I read the "hunger grumpies"...I get those, too! I actually said to my boyfriend once, "I get really hostile when I'm hungry" and he said, "ya think?"

Logan Airport has an EoS, too, but Logan is like a city in itself, so I'd never find it. There's allegedly one opening IN Boston, though...not so patiently waiting for that!

I love the early morning flights! It's like almost an extra Disney day!

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Old 01-19-2012, 10:52 PM   #57
SimplyGoofy
"You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!" "Rat, shmat. Besides, they're tourists. What do they know?"

And you're off!

I don't envy your early morning flight... especially since I will be doing the same darn thing (in just 16 days!!!). However, the crazy-early flight is best choice for making the most of each Disney day, isn't it?

Hunger grumpies--that is the best description ever!

Feb 2012 - A Savanna, A Wizard, and Oodles of Food - AKL/DxDP/WWoHP
Old 01-20-2012, 12:30 AM   #58
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

Chocolate croissant? Delish! One of my fave breakfast pastries.

I love flying on Jet Blue! Especially because they are willing to fork over more than one snack to you if you ask.

Love that I see your D&B bag in the background.

Hunger grumpies....nice, I get those too. Only I tend to say that I am "hangry." That is a word my sis and I use to describe our feeling by combining the words "hungry" and "angry." Because we are sure cranky when we have empty bellies.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:40 AM   #59
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So, I had absolutely NO idea that there was one of these in our airport, let alone about 20 feet from our gate!

Nice. It would be worth a trip to the airport to visit here occasionally for a 'sort of Disney' fix and some delicious sandwiches.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:49 AM   #60
Luvmepluto
"Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children."-- Walt Disney

Location: The beautiful foothills of North Carolina....564.04 miles from the happiest place on EARTH!!

Joining............I lurked on your PTR. Can't wait to hear more!!!!!!
2011 Pop, 2012POR,

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: