Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2012, 07:31 PM   #271
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post

Well, it does add a bit of atmosphere, I guess. (And it looks like Wingnut is wearing a jaunty little hat! )

When I got to this picture I thought, "What the heck is Wingnut wearing on his head??"

Oh, it's a juanty little hat!
Old 02-16-2012, 07:43 PM   #272
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

You are definitely not the only one who has trouble sleeping in Disney.

Hahahah! Love the towel smiley.

Thank you for that lovely spaceship picture. Nice to see your head managed to survive that journey without having a bite taken out of it!

THE FOG. Wow that's crazy! Uhhh where's the castle?! Hahah.

YAY for Crystal Palace! Love it!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #273
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Huh, I really like that picture with Goofy stalking Minnie. I mean, it's weird, but it's really pretty!

MONORAIL! AHHHH!! Even though I knew what it was, I had to click the link, that's one of my favorite episodes ever! Do you know that almost every single time I see the monorail in Disney I say "mono...d'oh!" That's if Brandon doesn't say it first!

I think the castle looks really nice in all that fog! And your picture in front of it is really cute, not many people have pictures like that!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 02-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #274
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

I like the castle in fog! I mean, everyone has pictures of the plain old castle- yours have pizazz!
Old 02-16-2012, 08:56 PM   #275
Oliquig
Mouseketeer

A jaunty little Walt hat! Too cute.

All that fog, and you weren't even in the UK Pavillion!
Old 02-16-2012, 11:25 PM   #276
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Gotta love early morning reservations at the Magic Kingdom. I absolutely love being in there without a ton of people around.

Yay, you found the GCH and Captain Cook's! I hope that your relationship with the Poly was on it's way up.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:46 AM   #277
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It was very pleasant walking around the resort in the quiet of the early morning. The Tiki torches flickered and soft tropical music played, adding to the ambience.

I love the atmosphere at Poly!
And the lobby area in beautiful. I have so many pictures of that waterfall area from every different angle, but none of them do it justice. You have to hear the water running and smell that unique GCH smell along with just seeing it. I also love the stone walls and the floors. It's all so pretty, and I really, really hope we get to stay here for a night or two at the end of a value trip one of these days.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:50 AM   #278
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Great update Sara! Love your towel animal smiley too. I remember all of your hard work last time trying to create unique works of art!

Hmm, so Goofy has a thing for Minnie then, huh? I always thought there was some kind of love triangle going on!

The Poly in the morning is so darn serene, isn't it? Before the hustle and bustle of people clog it all up of course. I love how calming it feels before the day has truly started.

Isn't it awesome how fast the ride is to the MK on the monorail? Such a great perk of staying there. It's even faster when you stay at the GF.

What? This was your first pre park opening meal?? Oh honey, you HAVE do this at least once a trip. We love doing that. And I think I have almost the exact same picture of Main Street/Cinderella Castle all wreathed in fog from last January! I kinda liked it though, very unique and it's always awesome to get a people-free picture of it too. You and Wingnut look great (and considerably warmer compared to your last trip!). I love his jaunty, saucy hat too! That made me laugh because I didn't really notice it till you pointed it out. He looks so suave.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:25 AM   #279
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
I think the photos with the Castle draped in fog is actually wicked cool! But then again, I'm a weather weenie so I would

Oh and I think its funny that there are two people in your we-are-in-MK-before-rope-drop photos The one of the Christmas tree is what I'm speaking of.
Hahaha I do think it looks cool, but I was still all annoyed at the time about half of the castle being missing in my pictures!

I know which one you're talking about! We weren't QUITE first! But we were close!

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Hey! You left $5 on the bed!

Oh NO!!!! Not again!

At least your head is connected to your shoulders here.

You needed to get leid?

Man, that looks so cool!

LOL... Walt's hand & head looks like a mini Mickey hat on Wingnut!!!
Hahahaha SOMEONE was having a field day with this update! That $5 was for Mousekeeping, thank you very much!

Yes, not all of my SE photos come out horribly mangled!

I know, the mini Mickey ears make me laugh every time I see that picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiAngel View Post
How cute that you leave towel creations for Mousekeeping! I bet that never happens to them and is welcomed.

Puffed French Toast got my attention. Can't wait to hear how it was.

The castle looks AWESOME!!! I would have loved to see that.
Hahaha I like to have fun with it, they probably just think I have way too much free time!

Puffed French Toast will be discussed in detail in the next update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
Oh, wow, the castle looks crazy with all the fog! And I definitely thought the same thing about Wingnut wearing a little hat...great minds.

I really love that you left towel creations. The castle one is really awesome...I could never have come up with that!
Hahaha it does look different than most times of the day!

Too bad it was more of an interpretive art piece than actually recognizable as the castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Don't feel bad about your ability to get repeatedly lost at the Poly. We actually got lost in the parking lot there back in May 2010 and I'm not kidding when I say it was the first and last time I ever heard our GPS say, "Impossible". yup. True Story!

Yeah for early entry. Boo for fog! Love the pictures and I didn't realize there would still be some Christmas decorations up when you were there. Nice. I hope breakfast was wonderful. I love CP breakfast and I love Eeorye!
Impossible??? That's one I've never heard before either!

Yes, the Christmas decorations were gradually being taken down during our trip! It was fun to still see some bits and pieces still up!
Old 02-18-2012, 04:32 AM   #280
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post

When I got to this picture I thought, "What the heck is Wingnut wearing on his head??"

Oh, it's a juanty little hat!
Yeah, we weren't lined up with the Partners statue exactly as I had pictured, but this did come out pretty funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
You are definitely not the only one who has trouble sleeping in Disney.

Hahahah! Love the towel smiley.

Thank you for that lovely spaceship picture. Nice to see your head managed to survive that journey without having a bite taken out of it!

THE FOG. Wow that's crazy! Uhhh where's the castle?! Hahah.

YAY for Crystal Palace! Love it!
I swear, it's impossible to sleep in Disney! There's so many other things you could be doing!

Hahaha no problem! On occasion, I survive the journey into the future unscathed!

The fog was pretty crazy when we first got there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Huh, I really like that picture with Goofy stalking Minnie. I mean, it's weird, but it's really pretty!

MONORAIL! AHHHH!! Even though I knew what it was, I had to click the link, that's one of my favorite episodes ever! Do you know that almost every single time I see the monorail in Disney I say "mono...d'oh!" That's if Brandon doesn't say it first!

I think the castle looks really nice in all that fog! And your picture in front of it is really cute, not many people have pictures like that!
Hahaha it is pretty! But I just kept looking at Goofy lurking in the background, like, um...what are you doing?

We literally will do quotes from that Simpsons episode EVERY time we're going on the monorail! Staying at the Poly made for a lot of monorail references!

Marge: Homer, there's a man here who thinks he can help you!
Homer: Batman?
Marge: No, he's a scientist.
Homer: Batman's a scientist
Marge: IT'S NOT BATMAN.

Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
I like the castle in fog! I mean, everyone has pictures of the plain old castle- yours have pizazz!
Hahaha thanks! We made up for the lack of pizazz in the coconut dip at Sanaa here!
Old 02-18-2012, 04:40 AM   #281
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliquig View Post
A jaunty little Walt hat! Too cute.

All that fog, and you weren't even in the UK Pavillion!
Hahaha I wonder if the Photopass photographer lined him up on purpose like that!

Nope, nor were we in the dream sequence part of the Ellen's Energy Adventure preshow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Gotta love early morning reservations at the Magic Kingdom. I absolutely love being in there without a ton of people around.

Yay, you found the GCH and Captain Cook's! I hope that your relationship with the Poly was on it's way up.
This was our first one! I will DEFINITELY consider doing it again, it was great!

Hahaha things started to go more smoothly with the directions at this point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I love the atmosphere at Poly!
And the lobby area in beautiful. I have so many pictures of that waterfall area from every different angle, but none of them do it justice. You have to hear the water running and smell that unique GCH smell along with just seeing it. I also love the stone walls and the floors. It's all so pretty, and I really, really hope we get to stay here for a night or two at the end of a value trip one of these days.
You're so right! The GCH does have that perfect unique smell and the entire atmosphere there is wonderful! I definitely can't do it justice with any of my pictures! That would be so fun if you stayed there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Great update Sara! Love your towel animal smiley too. I remember all of your hard work last time trying to create unique works of art!

Hmm, so Goofy has a thing for Minnie then, huh? I always thought there was some kind of love triangle going on!

The Poly in the morning is so darn serene, isn't it? Before the hustle and bustle of people clog it all up of course. I love how calming it feels before the day has truly started.

Isn't it awesome how fast the ride is to the MK on the monorail? Such a great perk of staying there. It's even faster when you stay at the GF.

What? This was your first pre park opening meal?? Oh honey, you HAVE do this at least once a trip. We love doing that. And I think I have almost the exact same picture of Main Street/Cinderella Castle all wreathed in fog from last January! I kinda liked it though, very unique and it's always awesome to get a people-free picture of it too. You and Wingnut look great (and considerably warmer compared to your last trip!). I love his jaunty, saucy hat too! That made me laugh because I didn't really notice it till you pointed it out. He looks so suave.
Hahaha thank you!!

Seemingly! Idk...he could have just "happened to walk by at that moment" and wasn't following them on their date...

I really do love wandering around WDW in the early morning. It's so nice and peaceful, you're right! And the monorail trip to the MK was so short! It was awesome!

We never had done this before, and we both really enjoyed it! It was great to get to the parks early and have a little quieter time before the park actually opened!
Old 02-18-2012, 08:13 AM   #282
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

I really like the fog! Fog like that means it's early, and early is good!

Really, jaunty hats and fog should be in the UK Pavilion. That castle should be Buckingham Palace!!

I really hope you like Crystal Palace. I don't want there to be any awkwardness between us.

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Old 02-18-2012, 08:25 AM   #283
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Another fun update. I can't say I have trouble sleeping at Disney, but I don't have a hard time getting up really early, either.

I wish we could have gotten an early ADR at CP this time around (we did have one) but MK is opening at 8 a.m. all week. Which means the crowds are going to be NUTS.

Great castle pics and I'm looking forward to your opinion of CP's breakfast.
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Old 02-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #284
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
I really like the fog! Fog like that means it's early, and early is good!

Really, jaunty hats and fog should be in the UK Pavilion. That castle should be Buckingham Palace!!

I really hope you like Crystal Palace. I don't want there to be any awkwardness between us.
Early IS good! We are definitely Disney earlybirds!

Hahaha don't worry, there won't be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Another fun update. I can't say I have trouble sleeping at Disney, but I don't have a hard time getting up really early, either.

I wish we could have gotten an early ADR at CP this time around (we did have one) but MK is opening at 8 a.m. all week. Which means the crowds are going to be NUTS.

Great castle pics and I'm looking forward to your opinion of CP's breakfast.
Hahaha all normal sleeping patterns are thrown out the window at Disney! Too much to be potentially doing rather than sleeping!

As long as you can try to get to the parks as early as possible, I'm sure you'll still be able to get a lot done! That's what we did, and it worked out well for us!
Old 02-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #285
Merida
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post
I laughed out loud when I read this because I always say that broccoli turned green with envy cuz it couldn't be cauliflower! (To each is own, right?)
Ahahaha, I just saw this and TOTALLY didn't even think about it when talking about cauliflower/broccoli. Oh, I love puns so much! Especially unintentional ones.

Quote:
That is true, Yacht Club DOES have the real hand towels! I did think that was a pretty fancy touch! But sadly, no, if they do have a zebra, well, then, that's probably not intentional!
I really hope I can see a zebra at YC/BC someday. Like all the safari animals decided one day that they were really tired of staying at AKL all the time and went around trying out all the other resorts. If not in real life, it would be an EXCELLENT promo video for all the resorts (hint hint Disney)!!

Did they just decide to put no lights anywhere in the Poly resort?! I would think that planning out all of the night lights would be a rather high priority item! So happy that everything at POR was in a line and there were plenty of lights. Wandering around in the dark can be fun but not after long park days!

Shrinky dinks are the best toy in the history of ever. We shrinky-dunk (shrinky dinked? shrunky drunked?) pretty much everything possible to shrinky dunk during my childhood. I just love watching them shrink and shrivel up!

I still think the mugs are cute but wish the ~special~ ASSports colors would migrate to the other resorts. I need a purple or orange mug!

That painting is SO awkward but I can really see Goofy being a creeper-y fifth wheel without even meaning to. I still don't understand why you'd even want to put Goofy in a romantic (ish?) painting. Maybe the artist lost a bet? Or just really, really likes Goofy?

Yay for CP! I kind of like the fog pictures, it's not something that's seen very often in castle photos. It makes the castle look at fairy-tale-y and mysterious (but that's more Sleeping Beauty than Cinderella I suppose...). I just really love fog. So atmospheric (I guess that works multiple ways!).

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: