Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2012, 05:24 AM   #151
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

A World Showcase stroll...

Before I continue, I want to share a piece of art Wingnut and I just picked up at HomeGoods.

(We do have a bunch of Parisian/travel-themed art around, so it fits in. But you'll see why I especially love this one...)

(It's a little hard to see in this photo, but yes that does say Boulangerie Patisserie)

And where it is now. (Over the stairs)

Back to our regularly scheduled programming!

We decided to continue onward in World Showcase, ignoring the temptation of the other fabulous snacks around us.

(Yes, I hear you, siren call of the Napoleon. Not answering today!)

Taken (I believe) while Wingnut was finishing up his disappointing pork buns.

Yep, that's where they were taken. Because we then decided to go into here.

("Here" being the Temple of Heaven in China)

I had heard that if you stood anywhere in here and whispered, your voice would bounce back to you. Or maybe you had to be standing in the center. And yelling? I'm not sure, it didn't really work for us.

(No, we didn't try yelling .)

I noticed this door that I have never seen before. Of course I tried opening it.

It didn't open.

After the marathon had run its course (ha), World Showcase wasn't that crowded.

I think I have this exact picture from every single one of my trips.

We skipped going into many of the pavilions, knowing that we would be back multiple times. But we can never skip going into Mitsukoshi! As we were leaving, I noticed a tiny museum by the stores' exit.

I'm not sure of the exact name of this museum (the Disney site lists it as a photography exhibit), but I believe it was cultural character-focused.

Cool gravel design.

Soon enough, we had reached France.

NO I DID NOT GET A PASTRY. OR A SQUISHEE. OR A CREPE.

We continued our loop around World Showcase, and decided that we had time for a couple of rides in Future World before we headed to dinner. Where was Wingnut's first choice?

Well, it wasn't Soarin', I'll give you that.

Last edited by Stringbean&Wingnut; 01-31-2012 at 05:35 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:23 AM   #152
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
NO I DID NOT GET A PASTRY. OR A SQUISHEE. OR A CREPE.
But .... why ?? Why deny yourself the pleasures of life ?? Especially when you are in EPCOT and you only have a week to enjoy these pleasures ?? I would have, especially the Grey Goose Slushie !! Heaven in a plastic martini glass !!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2012, 07:21 AM   #153
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

Pretty pictures! I need to be in Epcot posthaste. As soon as humanly possible. Immediately, if not sooner! Now where did I put my transporter? If I had a transporter, the coordinates would be set for WDW always.

Rant over.

My guess for your Future World ride is.....NOT MISSION SPACE (or, as I like to call it, Mission Sinise)!

ETA: I adore the ceiling in the temple, and I've heard about the voice thing, too, but haven't been able to get it to work. And, I'm officially jealous of your mad photography skills because I can't get photos of the ceiling to come out not blurry to save my life!
Old 01-31-2012, 08:53 AM   #154
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I LOVE that picture yall bought! It's funny but when I saw Beauty and the Beast on the big screen recently of course the first thing I noticed in the opening scene was that one of the buildings said Boulangerie. I mean of course it's just a French word, but to me it's DISNEY.

Ahhh, World Showcase. I love your pictures! I think it's hard to pass up that photo op though. Spaceship Earth is just so perfectly centered, and the lake is gorgeous, and everything about it is just perfect for a picture.

Okay... I feel silly for not knowing this but what is a squishee? It does remind me of Dory, though. "He shall be mine and he shall be my squishee."
Old 01-31-2012, 04:45 PM   #155
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Luvin your epcot pics. I dunno why I would have expected the pastry horn thingy from Norway to be filled with cream and not have a berry flavour
Old 01-31-2012, 05:38 PM   #156
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

We were at Epcot this day, too! We somehow managed to get there right when it opened and also spent a good chunk of time in WS once it opened...like pretty much all afternoon. We ate at Boulangerie Patisserie and although I did not get a napoleon, I thought of you! Too funny that you were there when we were!

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Old 01-31-2012, 05:48 PM   #157
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Speaking of trying to open doors, I hope you were able to have some fun in DHS like I mentioned in your PTR! Don't tell me now, I want it to be a surprise .

Ok you passed THROUGH France without ANY type of food or beverage?! I didn't think that was humanly possible
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Old 01-31-2012, 05:59 PM   #158
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Your World Showcase pictures are beautiful! I take pictures of SE across the water on every trip, you have to, even if you have a million of them!

You went to France and didn't get a pastry OR a squishee??? I'm shocked!

Hmmm, Future World...I'm guessing you went to Figment first!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 01-31-2012, 06:58 PM   #159
MEK
DIS Veteran

Cute new picture! Nothing like a Disney reference in a picture to make you smile.

You took some beautiful shots in the world showcase. It really looks like perfect weather.

Ride choice? Test Track maybe?

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 01-31-2012, 09:21 PM   #160
Merida
DIS Veteran

Oh, I love the China pavilion. We did a Kim Possible mission there and it was the first time I'd really explored there. Though for some reason I missed the fact that the Tomb Warriors were not a to-scale reproduction.

Was it the mythology influences on anime? That's the only museum-y place in Japan that I know about (I always mix up where the position of the Japan pavilion. I want it to be closer to China!).

Test Track for your first ride?
Old 01-31-2012, 10:14 PM   #161
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

You made it out of World Showcase without another pastry or slushie?! I wouldn't have. At least I wouldn't have made it out without the slushie part.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:24 PM   #162
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Love the picture too

Did you touch the gravel in there?

Nathan was disappointed we didn't make it there this trip to go in the gift shop...he loves the wind-ups

FW ride that's not Soarin...aww did he pick a romantic ride Ina Clamobile
Old 02-01-2012, 12:24 PM   #163
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
But .... why ?? Why deny yourself the pleasures of life ?? Especially when you are in EPCOT and you only have a week to enjoy these pleasures ?? I would have, especially the Grey Goose Slushie !! Heaven in a plastic martini glass !!
Heaven in a plastic martini glass! I love it!!!

I know, I know. But I didn't want to fill up before dinner! (Lamest excuse EVER. I know)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post
Pretty pictures! I need to be in Epcot posthaste. As soon as humanly possible. Immediately, if not sooner! Now where did I put my transporter? If I had a transporter, the coordinates would be set for WDW always.

Rant over.

My guess for your Future World ride is.....NOT MISSION SPACE (or, as I like to call it, Mission Sinise)!

ETA: I adore the ceiling in the temple, and I've heard about the voice thing, too, but haven't been able to get it to work. And, I'm officially jealous of your mad photography skills because I can't get photos of the ceiling to come out not blurry to save my life!
Oh man if I had a transporter, mine would be constantly set for WDW too!!!

Hahaha you are correct, not Mission Sinise!

I'm not sure what we were doing wrong (everything, probably ), but it wasn't working at all! Thanks! I probably cheated and set it on auto for that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I LOVE that picture yall bought! It's funny but when I saw Beauty and the Beast on the big screen recently of course the first thing I noticed in the opening scene was that one of the buildings said Boulangerie. I mean of course it's just a French word, but to me it's DISNEY.

Ahhh, World Showcase. I love your pictures! I think it's hard to pass up that photo op though. Spaceship Earth is just so perfectly centered, and the lake is gorgeous, and everything about it is just perfect for a picture.

Okay... I feel silly for not knowing this but what is a squishee? It does remind me of Dory, though. "He shall be mine and he shall be my squishee."
Thank you!! Hahaha it is! Like the word geodesic. I can't see it and not think of Disney. (Not that I see it THAT often outside of Disney. But still.)

Thank you!!! It really is hard to walk away from that little Italy patio and not take a picture!

A squishee is my pet name for the Grey Goose/Grand Marnier slushes at the kiosk in France! (After the squishees in the Quik-E-Mart in The Simpsons.) Just me being silly, is all!
Old 02-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #164
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Luvin your epcot pics. I dunno why I would have expected the pastry horn thingy from Norway to be filled with cream and not have a berry flavour
Thank you!!! It is filled with cream (I should have turned it around for the picture! ), but it does have a berry flavor. I can't remember if there are actual berries in it, but if there are, they're pretty teeny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
We were at Epcot this day, too! We somehow managed to get there right when it opened and also spent a good chunk of time in WS once it opened...like pretty much all afternoon. We ate at Boulangerie Patisserie and although I did not get a napoleon, I thought of you! Too funny that you were there when we were!
Hahaha that's too funny!! We must have crossed paths around 100 times this week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
Speaking of trying to open doors, I hope you were able to have some fun in DHS like I mentioned in your PTR! Don't tell me now, I want it to be a surprise .

Ok you passed THROUGH France without ANY type of food or beverage?! I didn't think that was humanly possible
Trust me, I was SO excited for those doors in DHS! More on that to come...

Hahaha I know, neither did I! But I'm glad I passed it up! We had a TON of food that night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Your World Showcase pictures are beautiful! I take pictures of SE across the water on every trip, you have to, even if you have a million of them!

You went to France and didn't get a pastry OR a squishee??? I'm shocked!

Hmmm, Future World...I'm guessing you went to Figment first!
Thank you!!! Hahaha definitely never enough Epcot pics!!

It was hard to walk on by, I will say that!!!
Old 02-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #165
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Cute new picture! Nothing like a Disney reference in a picture to make you smile.

You took some beautiful shots in the world showcase. It really looks like perfect weather.

Ride choice? Test Track maybe?
Thanks!!! I really liked it, then LOVED it when I read the sign!

Thank you!! It was beautiful out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
Oh, I love the China pavilion. We did a Kim Possible mission there and it was the first time I'd really explored there. Though for some reason I missed the fact that the Tomb Warriors were not a to-scale reproduction.

Was it the mythology influences on anime? That's the only museum-y place in Japan that I know about (I always mix up where the position of the Japan pavilion. I want it to be closer to China!).

Test Track for your first ride?
I've never done the Kim Possible missions. We kept seeing the little hints and other things going off while we were there though!

I think it was, that sounds about right! Hahaha I always mix up the pavilion locations too! I always think Japan is closer to Mexico, for some reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
You made it out of World Showcase without another pastry or slushie?! I wouldn't have. At least I wouldn't have made it out without the slushie part.
Hahaha I was trying to be good in anticipation of dinner! Don't worry, those were far from our last World Showcase snacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
Love the picture too

Did you touch the gravel in there?

Nathan was disappointed we didn't make it there this trip to go in the gift shop...he loves the wind-ups

FW ride that's not Soarin...aww did he pick a romantic ride Ina Clamobile
Thank you!!!

No, I was well-behaved .

Awww we love that store! I think my favorite part is the room with the fun kitchenware and candies!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: