Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 04:54 PM   #1531
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I've loved reading along. You're right, the DIS is such a great place for us to have a community to get to know each other through our mutual love of Disney. I can't wait to hear about October.

P.S. You have inspired me to finally purchase one of the Beaker hats....

Okay, here are my thoughts on the F&W offerings:

Belgian Waffle is great. Very light and fluffy, you'll love it.

Warm Chocolate Lava cake was my absolute favorite thing there, also along with the Fisherman's pie from Ireland. That stuff was epic.

The Ropa Vieja was one of my other favorites. It was done just right and was so tender.

The Grilled Beef skewer was also really good. I loved the Chimichurri Sauce that they make it with.

Swedish Meatballs with lingonberries = Yuuummmmm

Ravioli from Italy was very good

The Seared Filet of Beef from South Africa was underwhelming for me, but that may also be because I had consumed too much alcohol....

I think that the vegan booth is intriguing to me. I would definitely give it a try myself, but I was also a vegetarian for quite a number of years.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:23 PM   #1532
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Well...I'm not overly excited because there aren't a ton of things for me (vegetarian) other than LOTS and LOTS of desserts, but I'm excited about the vegan booth they are opening! I went through the map and list of what foods were available and marked booths that had something for me. There was PLENTY and I'm sure I can fill up with WINE if needed! Rey is a meat eater, so he'll love most of the items. It's our first time going ALONE and even though we only have 2 park days this November trip, they are mostly going to be at Epcot for F&W, so I feel like we'll have enough time to try lots!

If you have time between all that planning, take some pics of your favorites and report, I would love to see some of the offerings before our trip!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 06:15 AM   #1533
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post

Things I thought looked intriguing: Belgian Waffle with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream (Belgium); Dark Chocolate Mousse with Chili and Salted Caramel (Desserts & Champagne); Warm Chocolate Lava Cake with Baileys Ganache (Ireland); Seared Filet of Beef with smashed Sweet Potatoes and Braai Sauce (South Africa); Ropa Vieja (braised beef) with Cilantro Rice (Caribbean); and the Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce and Boniato Puree (Argentina).

Clearly, I need help here. What are you guys excited for/have enjoyed in the past/think looks awesome?
We have had and enjoyed all the highlighted samples. Fisherman's Pie was a 'chance' I took, and I liked it.

The filet mignon in Canada is my #1 quest for this trip, and I think I want to try the ravioli in Italy and the pork and sweet corn salad at the Florida booth.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:55 AM   #1534
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Things I thought looked intriguing: Belgian Waffle with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream (Belgium); Dark Chocolate Mousse with Chili and Salted Caramel (Desserts & Champagne); Warm Chocolate Lava Cake with Baileys Ganache (Ireland); Seared Filet of Beef with smashed Sweet Potatoes and Braai Sauce (South Africa); Ropa Vieja (braised beef) with Cilantro Rice (Caribbean); and the Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce and Boniato Puree (Argentina).
These seriously all sound so good. Cynthia and I have so much eating planned for this trip that I am certain to be in a food coma by the time it is all over. I need a second stomach and a set of "fat clothes" for the end of my trip.

I hope you do get your ME stuff promptly, unlike last time!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #1535
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Love the souvenirs! Especially the retro Epcot shirt!
A great wrap up to a great tr. can't wait to follow along with the next stage!
Old 09-23-2012, 09:01 PM   #1536
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Aww, I loved this TR! I actually can't believe it's over, even though it's been going on for so long. I am SO excited to hear about your next trip, and the planning leading up to it!

Hahaha, no changes? Color me shocked!
Old 09-23-2012, 09:31 PM   #1537
Merida
DIS Veteran

Finally caught up - I can't believe that it's over! I love all the retro Epcot stuff that you got and I'm so jealous that you get to be there when all the 30th stuff is out!

Glad to hear that your wedding plan is going well! Can't wait to hear about your planning session. Are you doing a food tasting as well?
Old 09-24-2012, 07:33 AM   #1538
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

yay for trip and wedding planning progress!

Out of your F&W list, the pork skewer with chimichurri sauce has been a favorite of mine since about 2006!

I also love the baileys cake!

My hands down favorite is the pork lettuce wrap with kimichi slaw (or however it is spelled). It is really, really yummy and worth a shot!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:10 AM   #1539
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I've never done food and wine, so I have nothing to contribute. I do look forward to hearing about what you eat though!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:28 AM   #1540
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

We've done F&W once before ( a few years ago) and the only thing I can remember trying is an empanada.... There are so many things I wanna try this year ( next week!) hahha!!!!
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV&GFV

Old 09-24-2012, 08:21 PM   #1541
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

We feel the same way that there are only a few things we are interested in. The drinks from the countries interest me more.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:24 PM   #1542
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

Well, I have never been to F&W, but I think beef and dessert is the way to go! LOL!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Old 09-26-2012, 06:53 PM   #1543
Kims09
Mouseketeer

Loved your report! This is one of the first I've read; they are so addicting! I may give report writing a shot after our own WDW trip in three weeks
Looking forward to reading your next one!
Old 09-26-2012, 07:32 PM   #1544
oboedm
DIS Veteran

Better late than never, right? Signing on, getting caught up now!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 09-27-2012, 05:53 AM   #1545
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
I'm not planning out what we will get from any particular country! I figure we will get something from just about every country. The only country's we will skip are ones that only have seafood as hubby is allergic. I will probably stay away from a lot of the seafood as well but there are a few I really want to try!

A Few things off the top of my head I know I am looking forward to is the Mushroom Filet from Canada (more beef! lol), the Cheese fondue (can't remember where from!?!), the lamb chop, the griddled cheese.
That's a good plan, to not plan!!!

Those do sound good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I've loved reading along. You're right, the DIS is such a great place for us to have a community to get to know each other through our mutual love of Disney. I can't wait to hear about October.

P.S. You have inspired me to finally purchase one of the Beaker hats....

Okay, here are my thoughts on the F&W offerings:

Belgian Waffle is great. Very light and fluffy, you'll love it.

Warm Chocolate Lava cake was my absolute favorite thing there, also along with the Fisherman's pie from Ireland. That stuff was epic.

The Ropa Vieja was one of my other favorites. It was done just right and was so tender.

The Grilled Beef skewer was also really good. I loved the Chimichurri Sauce that they make it with.

Swedish Meatballs with lingonberries = Yuuummmmm

Ravioli from Italy was very good

The Seared Filet of Beef from South Africa was underwhelming for me, but that may also be because I had consumed too much alcohol....

I think that the vegan booth is intriguing to me. I would definitely give it a try myself, but I was also a vegetarian for quite a number of years.
Thanks!! It really is a great community here!!

Hahaha yay!!! Glad I was able to be a hat inspiration!

You made all of the food sound so good!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Well...I'm not overly excited because there aren't a ton of things for me (vegetarian) other than LOTS and LOTS of desserts, but I'm excited about the vegan booth they are opening! I went through the map and list of what foods were available and marked booths that had something for me. There was PLENTY and I'm sure I can fill up with WINE if needed! Rey is a meat eater, so he'll love most of the items. It's our first time going ALONE and even though we only have 2 park days this November trip, they are mostly going to be at Epcot for F&W, so I feel like we'll have enough time to try lots!

If you have time between all that planning, take some pics of your favorites and report, I would love to see some of the offerings before our trip!
There do seem to be a lot more vegetarian options than I had noticed in the past! And yes, there is always the wine half of food and wine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
We have had and enjoyed all the highlighted samples. Fisherman's Pie was a 'chance' I took, and I liked it.

The filet mignon in Canada is my #1 quest for this trip, and I think I want to try the ravioli in Italy and the pork and sweet corn salad at the Florida booth.
I can see DF liking the Fisherman's Pie, I'm not as big a fan of fish as he is!

Those sound really good too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
These seriously all sound so good. Cynthia and I have so much eating planned for this trip that I am certain to be in a food coma by the time it is all over. I need a second stomach and a set of "fat clothes" for the end of my trip.

I hope you do get your ME stuff promptly, unlike last time!
I swear, I don't know how I'm going to eat this much this time around! We always eat a ton, but this could be new epic levels here...

I hope so too!! (Nothing yet...)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: