Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2012, 10:43 PM   #136
TheThomsLuvDisney
DIS Veteran

Subbing in and loving TR!

DCL Feb 2014 Fantasy Eastern~SSR
DCL Feb 2013 Fantasy Western~BLT
Aulani April 2012
DCL Feb 2011 Dream B2B~AKL
DCL Jan 2010 Magical Eastern~CBR
DCL Jan 2008 Magical Western~SSR
DCL Jan 2006 Magical Western~POP
DCL Jan 2005 Magical Eastern~WL
DCL Jan 1999 7 Day Land/Sea~POFQ
Old 01-29-2012, 09:20 AM   #137
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
School bread?! I thought for sure you were going to have a Napolean!! I really must try that school bread, but I say that every time and never get one.
Hahaha I know, but we were trying to have as many snacks that we hadn't had before!!! (Plus, Norway was closer...). The school bread was really good!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post
Disney snacks rock! I wonder if I can get a schoolbread without the coconut topping? I'm just not a coconut fan, but I want to taste the much-praised schoolbread! The berry cream horn thingy is HUGE and looks yummy!
There really is no snack like a Disney snack!!! I don't think you would be able to, they're baked already and in a pastry case. The best you could probably do is eat around the coconut, but I'd still say give it a try. It really is super-good! The cream horn is SO good too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
OH THE MONORAIL. AND EPCOT.
Oh man! Was it at least kinda cool to see part of the marathon?
I have heard such great things about school bread, but I'm reluctant to try it because I really can't stand coconut. I feel like I'm missing out on an Epcot classic here!
Excited to hear about what happened next!
It was kind of cool! I just wasn't expecting all of the paths to be blocked!

It doesn't taste very coconut-y, if that's any persuasion. But there is definitely (obviously) coconut on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Oh, boy...maybe I should start studying that Poly map right now.

Love the pictures coming into EPCOT on the monorail. Sorry the marathon was happening, but you made the most of it, for sure. Love the Mexico pavillion, its really cool. And fake fireworks are awesome. Third to daytime fireworks and, of course, real, nighttime fireworks.

Hmm..your description of Schoolbread have me curious, which I'd not been before. Maybe we'll have to try it.

The pork buns don't look all that good...but, then again, what are pork buns supposed to be? I had some from Trader Joe's a while back and they were OK, but I have clue what real ones are supposed to taste like.
Hahaha I don't mean to make you nervous!! The good part of the layout of the resort is it is a lot more compact than I thought it was going to be, so when you're wandering around, you're at least not wandering too far between different places!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves those fake fireworks! They just seem so "Disney" to me!

This is more like what pork buns that I've had before look like:

(seriouseats.com)

They're soft, slightly sweet (but not anywhere near a sweet snack), and just warm and delicious. There's also steamed pork buns, which are wonderful, but I prefer the roasted version. I've never had the ones from TJ's, their frozen food does tend to be pretty good though! The best pork buns I've had are at a dim sum restaurant by my parents house. SOOO good .

(And now I'm all hungry. Wingnut and I will be heading to our favorite Indian buffet for lunch soon though, yay!! )
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2012, 09:25 AM   #138
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
So what does it say about me if I am STILL mesmerized by the fake fireworks??

I am re-sizing photos for my next update on my TR (while listening to MouseWorld radio on live365...El Rio del Tiempo just played! Weird!) and can't help but think, "Oh, that Stringbean will love this one!" Yes. It's Epcot. WOOOT!!

I might be a *little* obsessed with the place.
And to answer your question, resorts within walking/monorail distance from ANY park are fair game.
Hahaha it's okay, so am I!

Awww I do love that one!! Whenever I try to listen to online Disney radio, I always come in during a block of like Disneyland Paris music or another park where I'm unfamiliar with the parade music! It's fun to listen to, but I'd rather sing along to Epcot tunes!

My vote is for the Beach Club or Poly then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I'm really impressed at Wingnut, studying up on his Disneyworld snacks!
Hahaha oh of course he does!! How else to avoid those "how did I not know about THIS??" moments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm behind a little, but caught up now!

Had to at you guys getting a little lost at the Poly! It is really confusing at first! We drove there for the first time in October and tried to find the GCH from the parking lot and we were so lost! We were like "seriously, are we that stupid, we can't find our way around a Disney resort?" We found it, eventually!

Your room is beautiful! I love the patio, if I ever stay there, I'll be sitting out there every morning!

Yay for Epcot being your first park, it's always our first park too! And getting to take the monorail over there is awesome! I love how it loops your around Spaceship Earth!

Mexico! I remember El Rio del Tiempo from my first trip when I was a kid! I do like the Donald version, it's just such a pretty ride!

Yum, Disney snacks! I had no idea they had those pork things, they look interesting!
That's what we were thinking too!!! Like, we HAVE to be able to figure this out...right???

Epcot is pretty much always our first park! I think it's the best place to get an unscheduled lunch when you arrive!

It's too bad that they were actually pretty disappointing. We were very excited about these!
Old 01-29-2012, 09:34 AM   #139
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
It's so funny that you had to rush to the bathroom before doing anything else because that is SO me! I don't know why I always sit there in the airport for like 2 hours and say to myself "eh, I can hold it." I always immediately regret that decision upon taking my seat on the plane.

If it makes you feel any better, we got lost trying to find The Ranchos as CSR and it REALLY wasn't hard. I always try to follow the signs instead of the directions the CM gives me and it never works out!

Sweet pics of your room! I laughed to myself when you said you made Wingnut do a bed bug check. I freaked myself out before our last trip reading the Bed Bugs thread and scouring the web for ways to kill the little buggers should we bring them home. But I decided I wasn't going to let it get to me, we left for our trip and everything was going great...until about half through our trip when my feet and legs were COVERED in bug bites. They were CLEARLY from mosquitoes but that did NOT stop me from demanding that my BF rip the covers off the bed to check anyway.

Glad you had the "good" school bread! I was reading a thread a week or so ago where people were saying they had changed the recipe! I don't know if it's a permanent change or if it's one of those things that it just depends on who makes it.... But people were saying that the "new" recipe is terrible. Ironically, the first time we went to Kringla we also got the school bread and the Cloudberry Horn! I found the horn to actually be kind of bland.

And at least the marathon was ending! Pretty good timing IMO!
LOL and then I'll just be sitting there the ENTIRE time not being able think about anything else except how I wish I had gone to the bathroom, and how much longer is it going to be???

Hahaha this was the first time that I was REALLY relying on a map at Disney. No, wait. Animal Kingdom. We were BFF's with our map there.

Oh no...I would have done the SAME thing...bedbugs freak me out SO much!

I read about the "new" school bread. We never had the old one, so this may have been the new one and we just didn't know better! But we both thought that it was really good! The horn wasn't super-packed with flavor, I thought it was pretty subtly sweet/berry/cream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Mmmm, school bread. Nothing wrong with having 4 pastries in a day. You hadn't eaten anything else at that point, so it makes no difference. It all evens itself out in the end, right?
Hahaha I agree!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I think its great that you were in a building where you could walk to the TTC. I would love that. I have to admit, never having stayed at the Poly it s a bit of a mystery to me. I bet the grounds are lovely and it must be so perfect for a stroll.

I think we got that cloudberry horn in December and I remember the filling as being not very sweet. School bread definitely gets my vote!
That's why I was so excited to get Tokelau. It was really convenient for us!

It was nice that the treats we had weren't overwhelmingly sweet. As much as I do adore the Napoleon, it is absolutely a sweet treat!
Old 01-29-2012, 09:38 AM   #140
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I think that 4 pastries in one morning sounds just right!

Love the pics of the Poly, it's at the top of my dream resorts list.
Hahaha technically it was 2 in the morning, 2 in the early afternoon!

Thanks!! It really is gorgeous there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
I see nothing wrong with haveing 4 pastries by midday.

Um, looks like a serious lack of pork in the pork bun. But whatevs.

Oh, I love the Epcot monorail loop!
Hahahaha I agree!

It really was just a mingy amount of pork with too-dry bread. Oh well, too many other fun treats to get too bummed out about one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
I saw the word trip report and have to join in. I'm a bit late though
Welcome!!! You're not late, we just got there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThomsLuvDisney View Post
Subbing in and loving TR!
Welcome!! Thank you!!
Old 01-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #141
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Not sure how I missed the beginning of your TR...but I'm here now and can't wait to read more

Can't believe you made it all the way to the room at Poly w/out peeing

Me never...would have gone like 3 times at least LOL

Glad your building chant worked and you got a room where you wanted to be...see it really works (like me chanting even # when we stayed BLT in Oct)

Love that you dove right into food and are already having fun

J

Oh and I LOVE your title!

Last edited by mousescrapper; 01-29-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:41 PM   #142
Merida
DIS Veteran

I'm behind! And so I will try and catch up quickly and will probably forget something:

1) Yay for the longhouse you wanted! I read that report about the bedbugs and promptly freaked out. I don't check for them because then I would need to check everything any time we're in the room (and my boyfriend doesn't want to) so I just assume that everything's okay. It's worked so far! (and I have, erm, misdiagnosed bedbugs many times so I now know the symptoms by heart. If there ever are any, I'll know as soon as they start biting ).

2) The rooms in the Poly are so nice but what's with the lighting problem? I mean, Polynesia has lights! And lots of sun! Why make the rooms so dark? The rest of the decor is so nice - I love birds of paradise, one of my favorite flowers. And what a beautiful view!

3) That is an excellent map - and no Papyrus font in sight! One would think that a company as rich as Disney would have better graphic designers.

4) The monorail to Epcot is probably my favorite monorail ride; I like that it goes "through" the park. At least it gives a better view of Spaceship Earth! (I think? My memory's a bit fuzzy right now, but I can't remember a decent view of the castle any time I was on the monorail in December).

5) I love the Mexico pavilion and it's where we always start! I was baffled to hear that people will start in Canada and work around that way! I mean, they're risking missing El Rio del Tiempo! I love those fireworks. We've never snacked around the World Showcase, definitely on our Disney bucket list.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:19 PM   #143
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Hello Sara... I'm joining in!

I read about 1/2 your updates so far so that means I have the other 1/2 till i'm caught up! Love everything so far!
Old 01-30-2012, 12:55 PM   #144
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
Not sure how I missed the beginning of your TR...but I'm here now and can't wait to read more

Can't believe you made it all the way to the room at Poly w/out peeing

Me never...would have gone like 3 times at least LOL

Glad your building chant worked and you got a room where you wanted to be...see it really works (like me chanting even # when we stayed BLT in Oct)

Love that you dove right into food and are already having fun

J

Oh and I LOVE your title!
Welcome Julie!!! Glad to have you here!

Hahaha believe me, I think that was the longest I've held out EVER.

Building chants do work!!! We're proof of that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
I'm behind! And so I will try and catch up quickly and will probably forget something:

1) Yay for the longhouse you wanted! I read that report about the bedbugs and promptly freaked out. I don't check for them because then I would need to check everything any time we're in the room (and my boyfriend doesn't want to) so I just assume that everything's okay. It's worked so far! (and I have, erm, misdiagnosed bedbugs many times so I now know the symptoms by heart. If there ever are any, I'll know as soon as they start biting ).

2) The rooms in the Poly are so nice but what's with the lighting problem? I mean, Polynesia has lights! And lots of sun! Why make the rooms so dark? The rest of the decor is so nice - I love birds of paradise, one of my favorite flowers. And what a beautiful view!

3) That is an excellent map - and no Papyrus font in sight! One would think that a company as rich as Disney would have better graphic designers.

4) The monorail to Epcot is probably my favorite monorail ride; I like that it goes "through" the park. At least it gives a better view of Spaceship Earth! (I think? My memory's a bit fuzzy right now, but I can't remember a decent view of the castle any time I was on the monorail in December).

5) I love the Mexico pavilion and it's where we always start! I was baffled to hear that people will start in Canada and work around that way! I mean, they're risking missing El Rio del Tiempo! I love those fireworks. We've never snacked around the World Showcase, definitely on our Disney bucket list.
I wish I could not frantically check for them, but I just have to look! Bugs of any nature freak me out, especially ones like bedbugs!

This is true, Polynesia does have sun!! And light!! Idk, I guess they were going for the wood look throughout, but it does make things SO dark, but really just in the rooms. Everywhere else it's lush and tropical!

As long as it doesn't have Comic Sans, I'm happy . Comic Sans is the font that bugs me the most. Oh, and Curlz MT.

I know it's perfectly logical as well, but I just can't fathom touring WS Canada to Mexico! You have to go the other way!! You MUST snack around the World Showcase! It's the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Hello Sara... I'm joining in!

I read about 1/2 your updates so far so that means I have the other 1/2 till i'm caught up! Love everything so far!
Hi Tim! Glad to have you here!!! Haha thank you!!
Old 01-30-2012, 02:42 PM   #145
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Plans to head to Epcot formulated, we made sure to have the map, and stepped outside of Tokelau.
Epcot? I'd have thought you'd be heading off to AK...your favorite park

Quote:
"So, which way do we go?"

www.exploreorlandoflorida.com
First off, I loved the look of this map so much so that I asked the front desk for an extra copy to put in our scrapbook. Does that make me geeky? Probably.

Quote:
"I think we go left" Wingnut said, just as I suggested we try right.

Alright, let's try right.
That would've been my guess too! See, I'm horrible with directions, even with a map in hand.

Quote:
Around 5 steps later, we saw the lake. Wrong way.

Wingnut only gloated a little.
Ya, the lake is the wrong way. So is the GF incase you ended up there too.

Quote:
We turned around and started making our way along the winding (and often seemingly superfluous) paths, guessing at every turn.
It's freaky how those paths look so much alike! I swear, it was like dejavu! Didn't we just see that palm tree and tiki torch? Yup. Wait, what's around that corner? Another palm tree and tiki torch.

Quote:
Where's Russell when you need him?
Um, Paradise Falls silly. Looking for Kevin.

Quote:
We found the TTC!!!
Yay. So, how long did it take you find it? I won't tell you how long it took me because that would be embarrassing.

Quote:
(Sorry for the lack of photos during this adventure, I was honestly concentrating on our whereabouts too much to take pictures. Obviously, that doesn't happen too often. )
You were focused girl! Like a finely tuned compass. No time for pictures. Well, unless the path to the TTC had been lined with Napoleans.

Quote:
I love you, Epcot.
Shocker. I bet you wish you could sleep inside Spaceship Earth for your entire stay. Right?

Quote:
Just monorailing past the geodesic sphere made me SO happy. It finally, FINALLY felt like we were in Disney!
I so agree with you. I love love love how the monorail loops into Epcot before dropping you off. Spaceship Earth makes me happy too.

Quote:
Somehow, without looking it up at all, I had convinced myself that the WDW Marathon was the day before (Saturday). Nope. Today. Here. Now.

Seriously?
Man, look at all those cones! I'd have been a teensy disappointed too.

Quote:
1 hour at Disney and I am seriously not living up to my overplanning reputation!
I didn't know that was possible Sara. I'm sure Wingnut would disagree with you.

Quote:
I turned to Wingnut. "Alright, we're here now. We'll make the best of it," he reassured me.
Oh, he's a keeper for sure. Great attitude!

Quote:
We made our way into the park (of course I messed up putting my card into the reader and smacked into the turnstyle rotating thing. Ow.)
Ok, I'm only laughing because I've done this too at the turnstiles! And I've also bruised myself at Mickey's Philharmagic...I was scooting across the row and these tour group kids kept pushing me so that I when I sat down, I sat down on the arm of the air and bruised my ahem, backside. Not my most graceful moment.

Quote:
I love the Mexico pavilion, I love the perpetual twilight, and I think that the theme is exceptionally well done here. While it isn't my favorite ride anymore (the pre-Donald version will forever be the better of the two incarnations of this ride), El Rio del Tiempo (The River of Time) was our first ride of the trip
Completely agree! This is perhaps my favorite pavillion in WS.

Quote:
I remember being entranced by "fake" fireworks at Disney when I was younger, I also loved the ones on the ceiling at Muppets 3D.

(I'm easily amused, what can I say?)
Ah, fake fireworks. They look sorta real when you're a kid, don't they? I love them and the smell of the indoor water rides at Disney.

Quote:
"School bread!!!" He suggested, to my agreement. Before we had left, we agreed to attempt to try as many different snacks and restaurants as we could that we hadn't before. School bread was one of the ones at the top of the list.
Darn, I'd have thought you would heed the siren call of your beloved Napoleans. Schoolbread? I thought it was just ok the first time I tried it. Maybe there wasn't enough filling in mine, it seemed very dry to me.

Quote:
As lovely and shiny as these looked, I gave them a "meh". They were a dry, didn't have a lot of filling, and had an unexpected almost-crisp texture to the outer shell. This was disappointing, as roasted pork buns tend to be my favorite dim sum item. Wingnut's take was that the pork bun was way too dry and the bread was flaky, making it fall apart. He thought the pork was ok, but there was too little of it in the bun.
Sheesh, you can tell just by looking at it's not a good filling to bun ratio. I agree with Wingnut.

Looking forward to the next update.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:49 PM   #146
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I don't know how I missed that you had started your trip report. I'm here now though and all caught up thanks to your handy dandy links. As always, I'm loving the report and can't wait to hear more.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 01-30-2012, 07:21 PM   #147
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Epcot? I'd have thought you'd be heading off to AK...your favorite park

First off, I loved the look of this map so much so that I asked the front desk for an extra copy to put in our scrapbook. Does that make me geeky? Probably.

That would've been my guess too! See, I'm horrible with directions, even with a map in hand.

Ya, the lake is the wrong way. So is the GF incase you ended up there too.

It's freaky how those paths look so much alike! I swear, it was like dejavu! Didn't we just see that palm tree and tiki torch? Yup. Wait, what's around that corner? Another palm tree and tiki torch.

Um, Paradise Falls silly. Looking for Kevin.

Yay. So, how long did it take you find it? I won't tell you how long it took me because that would be embarrassing.

You were focused girl! Like a finely tuned compass. No time for pictures. Well, unless the path to the TTC had been lined with Napoleans.

Shocker. I bet you wish you could sleep inside Spaceship Earth for your entire stay. Right?

I so agree with you. I love love love how the monorail loops into Epcot before dropping you off. Spaceship Earth makes me happy too.

Man, look at all those cones! I'd have been a teensy disappointed too.

I didn't know that was possible Sara. I'm sure Wingnut would disagree with you

Oh, he's a keeper for sure. Great attitude!

Ok, I'm only laughing because I've done this too at the turnstiles! And I've also bruised myself at Mickey's Philharmagic...I was scooting across the row and these tour group kids kept pushing me so that I when I sat down, I sat down on the arm of the air and bruised my ahem, backside. Not my most graceful moment.

Completely agree! This is perhaps my favorite pavillion in WS.

Ah, fake fireworks. They look sorta real when you're a kid, don't they? I love them and the smell of the indoor water rides at Disney.

Darn, I'd have thought you would heed the siren call of your beloved Napoleans. Schoolbread? I thought it was just ok the first time I tried it. Maybe there wasn't enough filling in mine, it seemed very dry to me.

Sheesh, you can tell just by looking at it's not a good filling to bun ratio. I agree with Wingnut.

Looking forward to the next update.
I'm so glad that Wingnut and I really aren't the only ones that are completely baffled by the layout of the Polynesian! I feel like it should be a lot less confusing than it is!! Everything DOES look identical, which doesn't help things at all either!!

After the woman helped us out, we got there within a few minutes. How long did it take you guys? Thankfully we didn't get COMPLETELY turned around and end up at the boat dock or something!

Hahaha the path lined with Napoleons reminded me of this P&F moment (8:25 in the video, I couldn't find just the clip I wanted!)

I could TOTALLY camp out in Spaceship Earth for my stay!! I think I'd stay in the "making papyrus" scene. Or the living room watching the moon landing. Or the garage in California. (I'd hop from scene to scene each night! )

I think we got a good batch of the school bread, they weren't too dry!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I don't know how I missed that you had started your trip report. I'm here now though and all caught up thanks to your handy dandy links. As always, I'm loving the report and can't wait to hear more.
Hi Lisa!! Glad to have you here!!! Thank you!!!

I'm SO far behind on your report, I promise I will catch up soon!!
Old 01-30-2012, 07:39 PM   #148
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Good picture. I've had both of these. Schoolbread is a cheaper snack, at only $1.99. Of course, in the real world two bucks for a 'donut' would not be a great bargain, but in WDW, it's not bad. I prefer schoolbread over the cloudberry horn. I can never finish a whole one, though.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:59 PM   #149
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hahaha I don't mean to make you nervous!! The good part of the layout of the resort is it is a lot more compact than I thought it was going to be, so when you're wandering around, you're at least not wandering too far between different places!
I think I'll be OK...I do teach geography, after all. I have read that, despite appearing on a map like its spread out like the mods, that it is really much smaller and more compact. Just out of curiosity, how long did it take to walk to GCH from Tokelau?

Quote:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves those fake fireworks! They just seem so "Disney" to me!
Nope...not at alone. Max likes them, too!

Quote:
This is more like what pork buns that I've had before look like:

(seriouseats.com)

They're soft, slightly sweet (but not anywhere near a sweet snack), and just warm and delicious. There's also steamed pork buns, which are wonderful, but I prefer the roasted version. I've never had the ones from TJ's, their frozen food does tend to be pretty good though! The best pork buns I've had are at a dim sum restaurant by my parents house. SOOO good .

(And now I'm all hungry. Wingnut and I will be heading to our favorite Indian buffet for lunch soon though, yay!! )
Yum...thanks for the very thorough description and I hope you had a yummy Indian lunch.
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Old 01-31-2012, 04:58 AM   #150
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Good picture. I've had both of these. Schoolbread is a cheaper snack, at only $1.99. Of course, in the real world two bucks for a 'donut' would not be a great bargain, but in WDW, it's not bad. I prefer schoolbread over the cloudberry horn. I can never finish a whole one, though.
Thank you!! Hahaha it's true, we're all like, $1.99, that's amazing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
I think I'll be OK...I do teach geography, after all. I have read that, despite appearing on a map like its spread out like the mods, that it is really much smaller and more compact. Just out of curiosity, how long did it take to walk to GCH from Tokelau?

Nope...not at alone. Max likes them, too!

Yum...thanks for the very thorough description and I hope you had a yummy Indian lunch.
Hahaha then you're off to a good start!! I would say that (once we knew what we were doing) it took maybe 5 minutes to get from Tokelau to the TTC. Not far at all. The walk to the GCH was slightly shorter, just a couple of minutes. Really, no point of the resort is THAT far from another, I was surprised at how close everything is!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: