Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #121
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Aw man! Wish I would have read your last update sooner! I knew immediately that your movie quote was from the Princess Bride! My all time FAV thing to do is quote movies and shows (like the simpsons, family guy, american dad, etc)..

Anyway, those fried wontons look delicious. We've yet to try Yak & Yeti, but will definitely make it a must next time we go!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Old 02-04-2012, 07:29 PM   #122
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Sojourner View Post
I'm really enjoying your TR so far. Your lunch looked amazing (especially dessert!). Can't wait to hear more about your trip, Yeti's adventures, and how celebrating NYE at Disney was!
Glad you enjoy it! Lunch was really really good, I was so happy that we decided to go there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Aw man! Wish I would have read your last update sooner! I knew immediately that your movie quote was from the Princess Bride! My all time FAV thing to do is quote movies and shows (like the simpsons, family guy, american dad, etc)..

Anyway, those fried wontons look delicious. We've yet to try Yak & Yeti, but will definitely make it a must next time we go!
My brother Jason and I are exactly the same way, in the sense that we quote movies all the time. And often, we are both thinking of the same quote in the same situation. I mean, seriously, life is just more entertaining when you put movie quotes in it!

I recommend it. The first time that I ate there, I was just underwhelmed by it, but this time it was super good.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2012, 10:18 PM   #123
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm here. I'm here. I'm here.

Sorry, I'm late to the party, but I'm here now.

I'm off to bed but will catch up as soon as I get to work tomorrow.

I have just one question before I go to bed: were you, like our youngest son, dropped on your head when you were born that you are a Packers fan and live in Chicago?

Seriously, looking forwad to the TR.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:22 PM   #124
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm here. I'm here. I'm here.

Sorry, I'm late to the party, but I'm here now.

I'm off to bed but will catch up as soon as I get to work tomorrow.

I have just one question before I go to bed: were you, like our youngest son, dropped on your head when you were born that you are a Packers fan and live in Chicago?

Seriously, looking forwad to the TR.
Hahahahaha. No, I was born completely sane. Just in a Packer household with a Dad who was born and raised in Milwaukee. Fortunately, I'm a nice Packer fan with no major beef with the Bears.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:42 PM   #125
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Hey, if you only end up going there for desserts, no one will judge you. There are a lot of places where dessert is better than the dinner!

You have to go on ITTBAB! It's really not that bad. Really. Once you knowwhat to expect.
There ya go! I'll be sure to make a stop there next trip then! And heck no!! I can't deal with that kind of stuff haha

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 02-07-2012, 11:11 PM   #126
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

Yak and Yeti looks so good! I have an ADR there on our next trip and now I'm even more excited. Gotta love that conditioned air!

I never warn first timers about the surprises on ITTBAB. I think it's just a little bit more magical that way.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:53 AM   #127
MeMom
DIS Veteran

We have not eaten and Yak & Yeti, but I have done the take-out section of it once. I think all of us would like it except Jill. She's not a very adventurous eater. The girls actually are more willing to try new and different things than she is.

I am always happy to see Animal Kingdom pictures. Glad you had a fun time and then got some much needed hard Disney sleep.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:24 PM   #128
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post

There ya go! I'll be sure to make a stop there next trip then! And heck no!! I can't deal with that kind of stuff haha
Definitely put it on your list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateKate View Post
Yak and Yeti looks so good! I have an ADR there on our next trip and now I'm even more excited. Gotta love that conditioned air!

I never warn first timers about the surprises on ITTBAB. I think it's just a little bit more magical that way.
Yay! I hope you guys love it there. I did. And conditioned air is the best.

I agree! I wasn't warned the first time I went on it, so I would never warn anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
We have not eaten and Yak & Yeti, but I have done the take-out section of it once. I think all of us would like it except Jill. She's not a very adventurous eater. The girls actually are more willing to try new and different things than she is.

I am always happy to see Animal Kingdom pictures. Glad you had a fun time and then got some much needed hard Disney sleep.
I've done the takeout, but I don't love it. The restaurant is definitely far superior. Well, at least the girls are willing to try new things. My niece Riley is terrified of trying new things, especially food.

I was so happy to get some sleep. We had really gotten up pretty early for having such a long travel day. Plus, we knew we had to be prepared for the night to come.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:45 AM   #129
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Hey Danielle!! I'm not sure why I haven't joined your TR yet!! I'm subbing now but will go back to read later. Can't wait!
Old 02-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #130
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Hey Danielle!! I'm not sure why I haven't joined your TR yet!! I'm subbing now but will go back to read later. Can't wait!
That's okay! Glad you're here now. Hope you enjoy the TR up to this point.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #131
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I am finally caught up. I am really enjoying this TR...you gals are so much fun. It sounded like a great first visit at a Disney Park...and Animal Kingdom is one of my favorites!

Can't believe your friend wanted to know if the animals were real?

LOVE Yak & Yeti.

Okay, now that I'm caught up I'll try to stay caught up.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #132
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I am finally caught up. I am really enjoying this TR...you gals are so much fun. It sounded like a great first visit at a Disney Park...and Animal Kingdom is one of my favorites!

Can't believe your friend wanted to know if the animals were real?

LOVE Yak & Yeti.

Okay, now that I'm caught up I'll try to stay caught up.
Thanks! I'm glad that you are enjoying it.

It was a great first visit. And I think from a visual perspective, Animal Kingdom was a great choice, because it's just so pretty.

I was totally dumbfounded that she wanted to know if they were real. I was like "Disney animatronics are realistic......but not THAT realistic".

I'm hoping to have an update tonight for our NYE adventure.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:57 PM   #133
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I didn't get all purtied up for nuthin'!

Saturday December 31, 2011 - The festivities begin

So we had taken a nap and both got up around 7pm to start getting ready to go. We took our time getting ready. Hair doing, makeup, clothes, the whole 9 yards. Just because we're in WDW doesn't mean we can't get all pretty!

Megan texted when she got to the resort so we could meet up with them before their Ohana reservation (well, my reservation that was now theirs).

We were all set and ready to go. We did NOT plan our outfits together. It just kind of happened.

Contrary to what my picture says, I HAD NOT started drinking. I just made a funny face.

We stopped to see Megan at Ohana before we left. The GCH was soooo busy, I could tell that the wait time for Ohana was going to be insane. We told Megan to have a good dinner and we were on our way. Sadly, we were ding dongs and did not get pictures of our meet. I never said that I was smart.

We headed to the bus stop and were on our way to our destination: DHS. But not before we took a self portrait.

We arrived at DHS at around 10pm and it was CRAZY! The music was already blaring, it was like a party and a half. I was so excited for the evening. This is how bright it was.

Clearly, the blue was where the party was at. We stopped briefly and put on our $1 for a pack of I don't even know how many glow bracelets. Gotta love cheap things.

Before we starting *ahem* participating in the libations there were to offer, we decided to get something to eat.

My mentor told me one time: "Young grasshopper. Always coat stomach before excessive drinking, otherwise, you will not be happy later."

We headed to Rosie's for some basic burgers and fries. Nothing spectacular, but good.

Then.....the time had arrived.

They had set up drink booths throughout a few areas. We made our first stop for vodka and sprite (doubles). This is typically our drink of choice. There were mass amounts of people that were walking through the park. It was insane!

It was pretty much like this everywhere.

So as we're walking down Sunset Boulevard, a guy (Polish I believe) asks me where I got my flashy things. Um, they glow, don't flash. LOL. I told him we got them at Target. He asked me how much they were. I told him a dollar. He was so impressed! He was like "really? A dollar? They're so cool.....I want some....Do you live here?" I told him we didn't, that we bought them before we left home. He seemed okay with that, started stumbling away from us, shouting "WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Gotta love NYE, right?

We stopped to listen to the band for a while and then decided to get some more drinks. We found they were still serving at the bar at the Prime Time Cafe. I got Dad's Lemonade and Farrell got more vodka and sprite.

We discovered that it's best NOT to give me a glow cube.....

The drink was okay, but I should have had my original drink. It wasn't sweet enough for my liking was all. Meh. What can you do.

We tried to set up shop for the fireworks at this point, so we didn't feel like we were too crowded by people.

The fireworks started, and they were crazy! Not like Wishes or anything, they didn't have a theme. But they were like BOOM, BOOM, BOOM BOOM BOOM! Just all over the place.

The fireworks lasted a good amount of time. They were pretty awesome, I have to say. After that, we headed to the sorcerers hat, where the DJ was spinning.

But not before I got another drink and promptly drank it.....and then took this picture. Think I've been drinking a wee bit?

Here's a video with a little idea of what was going on at the hat.

We just danced and danced and danced until we were danced out. It was so much fun. We wanted to get some more drinks, but they had closed the drink locations. Boo!!! Not fun. Not fun at all.

At this point, it was around 1am. We decided to head out, because honestly, they closed up the drink shop. Fine then!

We got to the bus stop right when a bus was pulling away. That's okay. Because I got to wait and watch for this guy to fall off the chain. He had drank so much and was just swinging back and forth on it. I thought he was going to fall on his face! He was so perilously close to doing it. And I'm not going to lie, I would have laughed at him if he did. I have no shame.

Megan texted sometime during the night (I had been distracted because I had been *ahem* otherwise occupied with some drinks), and said that it took them over 2 hours at Ohana! We were both glad at that point that we had decided to change our game plan.

And the yeti. Ahhh, the yeti. Well, let me just introduce his chapter with this.

Up next: Can we awaken in the morning....

Last edited by IheartDDuck; 02-09-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:08 PM   #134
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Yeti + NYE = Mayhem

The girls were totally boring and took FOREVER getting ready! I just wanted to start partying. Seriously! Finally, they finished and we were on our way.

Fortunately, there were drink stations set up for us now.

I don't even remember what these were. They just ended up in front of me.

Danielle didn't like her glowy cubey drinkey thing. I didn't think it was so bad.

Then I started getting crazy! I snatched a glow bracelet because I felt so left out.

After the fireworks, they were jamming! They were playing my jam, the cha cha slide! I even got video taken of me doing it. For realz! Now, I apologize for the video, but Danielle had a personal (alcohol induced?) moment, and filmed it sideways. But it doesn't matter! It's a Yeti dance partay!

After my dance party, I just lost it. I don't know what happened. I don't remember this.....

But I'm going to stand by the fact that clearly Farrell was trying to eat me. No other explanation. None that I can think of.

They lassoed me with glow bracelets. I guess I was out of control.

I don't remember the ride home. But hopefully the girls were nice and put me to bed...

Okay, clearly they weren't nice!
Old 02-09-2012, 08:27 PM   #135
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

I knew EXACTLY what your TR title meant as soon as I read it because I have had experience with Ohana being autocorrected to Obama!

Looks like a FUN NYE!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: