Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #76
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelliroo3 View Post
I love the idea of telling Yeti's side of the story through pictures. So cute! I'll have to try that. You are so funny! I love the Obama part.
Haha, having Yeti along creates an extra diversion. We just have to think through what he's going to do for that day. He's not always along with us taking pictures, but he is most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Great updates!

Mmm, that chocolate croissant, looks magnificent! Ugh, what I'd give for that right now..

It's pretty amazing that the wait on NYE for one of the most popular attractions at AK was only 10 minutes! Crazazy!
I would give a lot for any Disney food right now!

I was shocked about the Safari. You're right, it's a popular attraction even when there aren't huge crowds. I was just amazed we got on so quickly.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:08 PM   #77
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Great update! That's strange the ventilation system makes such strange noises! I feel like that might annoy me!

That croissant looks good, I don't think I've ever had a flavored croissant, just a boring old plain one.

Animal Kingdom seems like the place to be on New Year's Eve! That was nice that you gave Megan your 'Ohana ADR!

Glad Farrell liked Animal Kingdom!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #78
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Wow, hardly anyone goes to AK on New Years, huh? Noted! I would think by noon it would be mobbed. I really REALLY want to go to WDW for New Years, it sounds like such a blast!

OMG those elephants tackling each other!!! That is so funny, I love getting the chance to see them acting up or doing something out of the ordinary... so fun!!!
Old 01-23-2012, 08:16 PM   #79
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Great update! That's strange the ventilation system makes such strange noises! I feel like that might annoy me!

That croissant looks good, I don't think I've ever had a flavored croissant, just a boring old plain one.

Animal Kingdom seems like the place to be on New Year's Eve! That was nice that you gave Megan your 'Ohana ADR!

Glad Farrell liked Animal Kingdom!
You've never had a flavored croissant! Girl, you've been missing out. Put it on your list!

The Ohana reservation worked out because Megan had mentioned to me before that if I wanted to give it up, she would take it. It all worked out for the best in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Wow, hardly anyone goes to AK on New Years, huh? Noted! I would think by noon it would be mobbed. I really REALLY want to go to WDW for New Years, it sounds like such a blast!

OMG those elephants tackling each other!!! That is so funny, I love getting the chance to see them acting up or doing something out of the ordinary... so fun!!!
I was gobsmacked! Seriously, that it was so not crowded that day. Everyone else was at other parks I guess.

The safari is soooo much more fun when the animals are doing something out of the ordinary. It make for a fun experience.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 01-23-2012, 10:38 PM   #80
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

I can't believe how un-crowded Animal Kingdom was on NYE! I feel kind of sorry for all those poor people in the closed to capacity Magic Kingdom.

Sounds like a great safari!
Old 01-23-2012, 11:07 PM   #81
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Oh my Walt that croissant looks ahmahzing!! It is huge and icing covered and chocolatey! When will Disney start delivering food to my front door?!

T9 can be such a pain in the butt some times! I have had quite a few awkward sentences

Love the AK tree!

Yay for a Donald ticket!! My ticket for our trip is also Donald! I was pretty excited!

Looks like a great safari! The elephants are adorable!

Congrats to Yeti on saving Red!!!!

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 01-24-2012, 11:59 AM   #82
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateKate View Post
I can't believe how un-crowded Animal Kingdom was on NYE! I feel kind of sorry for all those poor people in the closed to capacity Magic Kingdom.

Sounds like a great safari!
Man, I felt bad for all of those people at the Magic Kingdom too. I couldn't imagine how that would feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
Oh my Walt that croissant looks ahmahzing!! It is huge and icing covered and chocolatey! When will Disney start delivering food to my front door?!

T9 can be such a pain in the butt some times! I have had quite a few awkward sentences

Love the AK tree!

Yay for a Donald ticket!! My ticket for our trip is also Donald! I was pretty excited!

Looks like a great safari! The elephants are adorable!

Congrats to Yeti on saving Red!!!!
Haha, we can call it the Disney Dining Delivery Plan. I'd sign up for it.

I can't stand autocorrect! It just replaces some words with the most bizarre options. I at least make sure I read my text before I send it off. I don't want to say something incredibly stupid.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 01-24-2012, 01:11 PM   #83
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Oh no on having a restless night or morning

Mmm that chocolate croissant looks so yummy!! I've not had my dinner yet and could happily just eat that up!

Lol at the story behind the TR - had me cracking up!

on getting a Donald AP - how cool! Love the safari pics and thumbs up to the yeti for rescuing the baby elephant!
Old 01-24-2012, 01:18 PM   #84
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Oh no on having a restless night or morning

Mmm that chocolate croissant looks so yummy!! I've not had my dinner yet and could happily just eat that up!

Lol at the story behind the TR - had me cracking up!

on getting a Donald AP - how cool! Love the safari pics and thumbs up to the yeti for rescuing the baby elephant!
Thankfully, it was the only restless night that I really had, so I'll take it. I think it was because of the long travel day. When I'm obnoxiously tired, I never sleep well.

I want that croissant right now too! I'm so hungry....

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 01-24-2012, 02:40 PM   #85
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

Um, totally love that you have Yeti updates in your TR. Fantastic.Oh Yeti.

That chocolate croissant looks so good. I do love me a chocolate croissant.

The autocorrect story was funny. That feature can be annoying though. Like seriously, some of the words are so bizarre that they replace your words with.

How cute that you got to see the elephants playing with each other. We got to see that with the giant pandas at the National Zoo once and it was so cute. I literally stood there for an hour watching them play with each other.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:57 PM   #86
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
Um, totally love that you have Yeti updates in your TR. Fantastic.Oh Yeti.

That chocolate croissant looks so good. I do love me a chocolate croissant.

The autocorrect story was funny. That feature can be annoying though. Like seriously, some of the words are so bizarre that they replace your words with.

How cute that you got to see the elephants playing with each other. We got to see that with the giant pandas at the National Zoo once and it was so cute. I literally stood there for an hour watching them play with each other.
Hahaha, I just wanted to do something different than I had done on my other TRs. Glad that you like the Yeti updates.

I love basically anything that has any chocolate in it. I don't discriminate. It makes everything infinitely better.

I love animals when they do that. You're right, it tons of fun to just stand there and watch forever.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 01-24-2012, 08:55 PM   #87
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post

In honor of MeMom's Bella: MINGOS!!!

Just can't see a mingo any more without thinking of Bella. You do know it has been designated the DIStown mascot, right? They are interesting creatures. Look how still the water is on the side where they are standing. You can see that there are some moving out of the picture on the right, but most of that water is so still.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #88
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great morning!!! That chocolate croissant looks amazing!!!

Don't you LOVE autocorrect!? UGH!

I can't believe the wait for the safari was only 10 minutes!!!! What luck! I can't even get 10 minutes on a good day in January!

I'm glad Mr. Yeti was happy to take a little trip that put him back in his own element!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:12 PM   #89
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Just can't see a mingo any more without thinking of Bella. You do know it has been designated the DIStown mascot, right? They are interesting creatures. Look how still the water is on the side where they are standing. You can see that there are some moving out of the picture on the right, but most of that water is so still.
I can't see one either without thinking of Bella. I will make sure to remember that it's the designated DIS mascot.

They were actually making some pretty interesting noises while we were watching them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Sounds like a great morning!!! That chocolate croissant looks amazing!!!

Don't you LOVE autocorrect!? UGH!

I can't believe the wait for the safari was only 10 minutes!!!! What luck! I can't even get 10 minutes on a good day in January!

I'm glad Mr. Yeti was happy to take a little trip that put him back in his own element!
I was completely shocked by the wait time for the safari.

Oh yes, I LOVE autocorrect.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 01-26-2012, 11:05 PM   #90
Merida
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Yay!

I think you are right about that. I've never eaten at an airport restaurant where I was like "wow!"

Southwest isn't so bad. I like the fact that I don't pay for baggage, that's for sure. Frontier is always really expensive flying out of where we do. I used to fly Midwest, so it was like the same thing. I miss those cookies!

The lady at the baggage claim was just another airline passenger. But for real, at 1am, it was too much. I just wanted to tell her to shut her piehole!

The Poly rooms are massive. When we first walked in, we were both like "woah". So much room for the two of us. And we were really good, we kept it clean. I hate messy hotel rooms. There were lights inside the mysterious grass-y doors (closets). We had two of them.
Okay seriously, there is NO REASON for another passenger to do that. I would have.. glared sternly (? I don't know, it would be 1:30AM!!) at her from wherever I was. Maybe even muttered menacingly, depending on how awake I was.

How nice to hear that about the Poly! I'm kind of leery about the rooms, but I still want to stay there just to experience it. Though it seems as though most Disney resorts have a cult following, the Poly seems to have a more cult-y following (if that's even possible!).

I've read a lot of reports that Animal Kingdom (which, incidentally is one of my faves so everyone should just love it or.. something) is pretty empty on NYE because there's no party or anything. Any excuse to spend more time in Animal Kingdom is good with me!

But it's definitely better when the animals are active. You got an awesome safari! I didn't realize they had baby elephants there. I saw Lily but thought all baby elephants were fake on the safari ride (our skipper was not very good at elocution).

Oh auto-correct. Like thinking every alphanumerical combination REALLY refers to U2. Sorry iPhone/Siri, I don't like Bono that much. Glad it worked out for you!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: