Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2012, 04:31 PM   #46
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Oh no on having to work the day you were leaving but at least the day was made better by knowing you were leaving for Disney in the evening!!

Glad you enjoyed your food and thumbs up for putting up with the chewing and burping noises! There should be some policy on the closeness of tables in a dining area

Wow your room looks amazing

Love the yeti's antics and the pic of him in a lei!
Old 01-18-2012, 05:37 PM   #47
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Subbing!!!!!!
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
There's some unwritten rule about airport restaurants - they're vaguely depressing with food that's mediocre but with nothing to actually complain about and way too many people are eating there. I don't understand! I've never flown Southwest, their whole setup seems really.. awkward? (we fly Frontier - free chocolate chip cookies!!) Was the weird baggage lady from the airport? Who even wants to hear directions at 1AM anyway? Any time past midnight and it's a free-for-all as far as I'm concerned!

The rooms at the Poly are so pretty! And massive! Are there lights inside the wardrobes/closets/mysterious grass-y doors?
I think you are right about that. I've never eaten at an airport restaurant where I was like "wow!"

Southwest isn't so bad. I like the fact that I don't pay for baggage, that's for sure. Frontier is always really expensive flying out of where we do. I used to fly Midwest, so it was like the same thing. I miss those cookies!

The lady at the baggage claim was just another airline passenger. But for real, at 1am, it was too much. I just wanted to tell her to shut her piehole!

The Poly rooms are massive. When we first walked in, we were both like "woah". So much room for the two of us. And we were really good, we kept it clean. I hate messy hotel rooms. There were lights inside the mysterious grass-y doors (closets). We had two of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Oh no on having to work the day you were leaving but at least the day was made better by knowing you were leaving for Disney in the evening!!

Glad you enjoyed your food and thumbs up for putting up with the chewing and burping noises! There should be some policy on the closeness of tables in a dining area

Wow your room looks amazing

Love the yeti's antics and the pic of him in a lei!
I prefer to leave for vacation after work, because I look at it like starting my first day fresh and ready to go. No traveling to deal with. I just complain about having to work.

There really should be a policy regarding the proximity of tables in a restaurant. I agree. I think I'll start working on that bill right now....

The room was amazing. Loved it. So glad we were there.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2012, 06:08 PM   #48
MEK
DIS Veteran

Caught up now! Wow - you did have a light flight, but better to get their late than have to wait until the next day.

So funny that your travel partner woke up and forgot where she was. I guess that happens so late at night.

That Poly room looks amazing and you guys are troopers for unpacking at 2am.

Let the fun begin!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #49
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

I've been having issues with the boards running a bit slow for me, but jumping in now! You know I am here for the ride, although I will miss all of your kid-isms.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #50
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Caught up now! Wow - you did have a light flight, but better to get their late than have to wait until the next day.

So funny that your travel partner woke up and forgot where she was. I guess that happens so late at night.

That Poly room looks amazing and you guys are troopers for unpacking at 2am.

Let the fun begin!
That's exactly the motto that I take with flying late. I get a full day of fun ahead of me when I wake up.

I absolutely hate that feeling and know what it's like, which is why I thought it was so funny.

The fun is ready to begin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
I've been having issues with the boards running a bit slow for me, but jumping in now! You know I am here for the ride, although I will miss all of your kid-isms.
Glad you're here! I don't have kid-isms, but I definitely have Farrell-isms...

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 01-20-2012, 06:24 AM   #52
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Joining in!

I can only imagine Farrell's face when she woke up My mom gets this crazy eyed look whenever she wakes up somewhere outside of the house

Yay for being there!!!!!

Love the Yeti's take on everything! You might want to get him so help though you don't want that alcohol addiction to get too out of hand

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 01-20-2012, 12:27 PM   #53
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
I am here...better late than never! I got so far behind on TRs and PTRs over the holidays that I just started lurking. Hopefully I can do better now!

How awesome to spend New Years at the Poly!!
I know, I fell behind too! I'm glad you're here though. Just hang out when you can.

It was very awesome to be where we were. We definitely made good use of our resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
Joining in!

I can only imagine Farrell's face when she woke up My mom gets this crazy eyed look whenever she wakes up somewhere outside of the house

Yay for being there!!!!!

Love the Yeti's take on everything! You might want to get him so help though you don't want that alcohol addiction to get too out of hand
I'm glad you're here.

OMG, her face was priceless. Crazy eyed is definitely the best way to put it. She was just all over the place.

The day had seemed so long at that point, we were just ready to be at our hotel and checked in.

Yeti does have a slight problem....it also may be attributed to the fact that he's with me all the time....

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 01-20-2012, 09:34 PM   #54
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

I'm here!!!!!

<3 Poly!!! I <3 those room sizes too!!!!! I thought AKL kept getting smaller and smaller as the days went by!! eek!
Old 01-20-2012, 09:48 PM   #55
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
I'm here!!!!!

<3 Poly!!! I <3 those room sizes too!!!!! I thought AKL kept getting smaller and smaller as the days went by!! eek!
I really think that they are the biggest rooms on property! I felt like if I yelled into the room it would echo back at me.

I'm used to the DVC studios at AKL and I never thought they were to small, but I agree, they're not the same size as the Poly for sure. Farrell's going to be tainted for life because this was her first Disney hotel.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 01-21-2012, 01:09 PM   #56
Dugette
DIS Veteran

I'm here and enjoying your journey so far! I'm also in agreement with liking to travel at night after work, so you wake up there on your first vacation day. I miss the Poly...

Looking forward to more!
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Old 01-21-2012, 02:42 PM   #57
StephaniexMarie
Have a zip a dee doo dah day!

The Polynesian is the best Disney hotel, IMO. I love that the rooms are so spacious! I'm sure you two really enjoyed your stay there. Great start!
Port Orleans Riverside (3/2012, 11/2012)
Polynesian Resort (11/2011, 7/2012, 3/2013)
Wilderness Lodge (7/2012)
Art of Animation (3/2013, 11/2013)
Saratoga Springs (7/2013)
Coronado Springs (11/2013, 1/2014)

Follow me on Instagram - stephaniexmarie
Old 01-21-2012, 04:47 PM   #58
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
I'm here and enjoying your journey so far! I'm also in agreement with liking to travel at night after work, so you wake up there on your first vacation day. I miss the Poly...

Looking forward to more!
It always feels so weird to me when I have to travel to WDW in the morning. I don't absolutely hate it, it's just definitely not a preference of mine.

I miss the Poly too....

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaniexMarie View Post
The Polynesian is the best Disney hotel, IMO. I love that the rooms are so spacious! I'm sure you two really enjoyed your stay there. Great start!
I know, the rooms at the Poly are amazing! It's always been my favorite WDW hotel.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:

Last edited by IheartDDuck; 01-22-2012 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #59
burly
DIS Veteran

Jumping on board for this one too.
YOU ARE SO FUNNY!!!!!!!!
Old 01-22-2012, 05:36 PM   #60
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Joining in!!! That's too funny that you were leaving the Poly pretty much as we were arriving!!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: