Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 02:44 PM   #451
Skeleton Jack
Earning My Ears

I keep getting weird looks from my boyfriend cause of all the giggling I was doing reading this! Love the report! Love you two! haha The pictures you had at MK...of the dresses (Cinderella and Aurora), where was that at? I have never seen it, or seen pics of it in anyone else's report!!

Old 09-23-2012, 10:08 PM   #452
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry about all the stuff yall are dealing with about your grandma. I hope everything works out for the best for her and for all of yall.

Your day sounds insane. I don't even know what else to say...

Boma looks delicious! I MUST VISIT!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 10:41 PM   #453
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony
I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. Scary that she was released before she was ready! I wish you guys all the best, I hope this stay helps her a lot!
Wow, what a rough day at universal! The wait times! Glad Farrell was a champ about it though.
Don't you just love people with no sense of personal space? FYI, I would be the ideal person to be in front of in a line because I like a LOT of personal space!
It is scary that she was released before she should have been. But that leads me to a whole other debate on health care in our country that I just don't want to get into. I hope that this next stay helps her too.

Farrell was really a champ about it. I was glad she kept such a positive attitude, because it could have all gone downhill.

OMG, I'm the ideal line person too! For the same reason! I don't like to get very close to people, because I don't want to invade my OWN personal space by default......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeleton Jack
I keep getting weird looks from my boyfriend cause of all the giggling I was doing reading this! Love the report! Love you two! haha The pictures you had at MK...of the dresses (Cinderella and Aurora), where was that at? I have never seen it, or seen pics of it in anyone else's report!!
I'm glad you're enjoying! I just like being stupid and silly really. And, people who know me well know that this is what I'm like in normal life. I just always have something sarcastic to say....

The dresses are at a shop in Fantasyland. I'm pretty sure it's Tinkerbell's Treasures? I can't remember if that's the one, I just know it's on the right side of the back of the castle in Fantasyland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88
I'm so sorry about all the stuff yall are dealing with about your grandma. I hope everything works out for the best for her and for all of yall.

Your day sounds insane. I don't even know what else to say...

Boma looks delicious! I MUST VISIT!
Thanks hon. It's been rough dealing with it, but I'm hopeful that everything will be okay for everyone.

I know, this day was so painful to write about, because I accomplished so little.

You must go to Boma! It's so amazing. Never had any bad food there.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:00 AM   #454
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I couldn't resist. I had to start my PTR(s) because I'm SOOOOO EXCITED ABOUT IT!!!! I hope you guys can all join me there. I truly do love all of my readers.

Dork Wars Episode II: The Revenge of Joaquin - A Nov. 12 / Jul. 13 PTR

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 09-26-2012, 05:40 AM   #455
MEK
DIS Veteran

Ok your new trip looks like fun. I accidently posted this here. I will fix it later. Gotta get ready for work.

Edited to say I moved my response over to the CORRECT TR!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Last edited by MEK; 09-26-2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:13 PM   #456
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

This is not supposed to happen!!!!

Day 6 - Thursday January 5, 2012

Let's all get settled in for DHS round two, shall we?

I had changed our plans for this day after the disaster of a DHS day that we had due to the crowds. Our mission was clear. Get in, grab the Iguanadon, and get out.

Whoops. Wrong park, I'm sorry. Let me get myself straight here.

The mission was to get in to DHS, and get on Rockin' Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror.

We both got out of bed around 7:15am. We were out the door at 8am and heading to Captain Cooks. We got a pretty basic breakfast of bagels. I didn't take a picture. I figured you all know what a bagel looks like. In case you're curious or live in a drawer like Ralph Wiggum:

That's from a previous trip, when I DID think to take a picture of a bagel.

After breakfast we headed out to the car and drove over to DHS. We arrived to the gates at about 9:15am, so not too bad. We could see a difference in crowds already, so only time would tell how it would go for us.

My AP started acting all wonky at the gate and wouldn't scan. That bad boy was so inconsistent throughout the whole trip. But dangit, I was not about to get it replaced, because it had DONALD on it! Why on earth would I, the number one Donald fan of life, trade in my Donald AP? That's right, I'll just deal with it not working.

Our first destination once I actually got through the gate was Rockin' Roller coaster.

The wait time was posted at 35 minutes, but we figured we would just hop in line. That plan worked out, because we only waited about 15 minutes.

I NEVER get a picture of the alley!

Like a Redneck, like a redneck!

Did Farrell enjoy? You be the judge.

Of course she enjoyed it! It's a ton of fun!

Afterwards, we headed to Tower of Terror, but the wait time was at 50 minutes already. So, we grabbed fastpasses and mulled over what we were going to do.

Farrell had been looking at a map and wanted to go and see One Man's Dream. Now, I love One Man's Dream, so I couldn't resist that.

One day I will go to Tokyo DisneySea.

We spent a good amount of time there and Farrell really enjoyed looking at everything. She also really liked the movie and was surprised by how much she learned about Disney. I take it for granted that I've seen it so many times and I know everything inside and out.

After that, we started wandering over to the Indiana Jones Stunt Show. First we made some pit stops to shop and I got my niece Riley a Darth Vader doll. Apparently, she had been watching the original trilogy and wanted that. I am always happy to oblige!

We made it to the stunt show and good LAWD it was packed. Farrell and I barely found a place to sit, and the only reason we did was because she's so dang little.

It has been a number of years since I've seen this show, and both Farrell and I agreed that this was pretty cheesetastic. If I could go back, I would definitely not have gone. It's a bit outdated, and believe me I LOVE Indiana Jones. Just not this anymore.

But you know, it's always fun to see Indy get run over by a giant ball.

Finally, our fastpass return time had come up, so we headed over to Tower of Terror.

Farrell was a bit nervous, so she decided there was no better way to make herself feel better than to cling to Yeti for dear life.

We made it onto the ride in no time. Those fastpasses really came in handy. So, we get to the elevator and we get on the ride. Farrell is really really nervous at this point, and I'm telling her that it's going to be okay.

So everyone knows how this goes. You get on the elevator, it goes to the top, and starts to pull forward.

As soon as that happens, Farrell yells at the top of her lungs:

OH MY GOD, THIS ISN'T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN!!!!!

I could not stop laughing at that point, to which she says to me:

DEAR GOD, I JUST WANT IT TO DROP AND GET IT OVER WITH!!! I CAN'T TAKE THIS!!!!!!

She was clenching pretty tightly to the rails and holding on for dear life.

Redneck ride photo doesn't really give it justice. Upper left hand, back row.

Even after it was done, and I told her it was over, she totally didn't believe me. I mean, I'm ALWAYS a trustworthy person and tell the truth.

After that, we decided that terror makes Farrell hungry. What to do, what to do?

Up Next: It's lunchtime yo!

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 09-27-2012, 10:06 PM   #457
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Hilarious. Did she like it?
Old 09-27-2012, 10:45 PM   #458
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Hilarious. Did she like it?
Hahaha, thankfully yes, she did like it. As much as I do? I'm not quite so sure, but only time will ell if she would do it again.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 09-28-2012, 07:12 AM   #459
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Omg, poor Farrell! Haha I hate the tower, I can totally understand her reaction! I too just wanted it to drop and be done. However if she came off liking it at all, she did better than me!
Old 09-28-2012, 08:05 AM   #460
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

haha, that is too funny about Farrell's reaction. That's kind of how I was the first time I rode, only I was too scared to even scream/say anything. Glad she enjoyed both RNRC and TOT!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 09-28-2012, 08:33 AM   #461
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post

Let's all get settled in for DHS round two, shall we?

I had changed our plans for this day after the disaster of a DHS day that we had due to the crowds. Our mission was clear. Get in, grab the Iguanadon, and get out.

Whoops. Wrong park, I'm sorry. Let me get myself straight here.
That's my favorite line from Dinosaur. That and "not our dino".

Quote:

My AP started acting all wonky at the gate and wouldn't scan. That bad boy was so inconsistent throughout the whole trip. But dangit, I was not about to get it replaced, because it had DONALD on it! Why on earth would I, the number one Donald fan of life, trade in my Donald AP? That's right, I'll just deal with it not working.
Denny and I had the same trouble and we both ended up getting our APs replaced at some point. The gave us back Goofy. Maybe they don't change the character unless you ask.

Quote:

Our first destination once I actually got through the gate was Rockin' Roller coaster.

I NEVER get a picture of the alley!

Like a Redneck, like a redneck!

Did Farrell enjoy? You be the judge.

I have just having SO much fun cutting and pasting pictures I CAN'T SEE!!!!!!! Did you get the alley picture? Is Farrell smiling? I can't stand the suspense.

Quote:

We spent a good amount of time there and Farrell really enjoyed looking at everything. She also really liked the movie and was surprised by how much she learned about Disney. I take it for granted that I've seen it so many times and I know everything inside and out.
I love this attraction and I think its great the Farrell wanted to see it all. I think every visitor should see it once.

Quote:

It has been a number of years since I've seen this show, and both Farrell and I agreed that this was pretty cheesetastic.
Cheesetastic about sums it up.

Quote:

As soon as that happens, Farrell yells at the top of her lungs:

OH MY GOD, THIS ISN'T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN!!!!!

I could not stop laughing at that point, to which she says to me:

DEAR GOD, I JUST WANT IT TO DROP AND GET IT OVER WITH!!! I CAN'T TAKE THIS!!!!!!

She was clenching pretty tightly to the rails and holding on for dear life.

Redneck ride photo doesn't really give it justice. Upper left hand, back row.

OK, this is too funny only because that is exactly how I feel when I am on ToT. I get all quiet and nervous and just think "let's get this drop over with all ready". I hate the suspense, but end up laughing and loving it in the end. Every time!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-28-2012, 02:24 PM   #462
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I feel like I need to see the Indiana Jones show someday, just because I never have. I just don't really think I'll enjoy it all that much. Hahaha. I'm just one of THOSE.

Hahahah I had a similar reaction the first time I rode ToT! Serious mind games happening on that ride!
Old 09-28-2012, 09:32 PM   #463
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Omg, poor Farrell! Haha I hate the tower, I can totally understand her reaction! I too just wanted it to drop and be done. However if she came off liking it at all, she did better than me!
I love the Tower! That's the funny part, I absolutely love the whole waiting to drop part and the randomness. I live for it! LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
haha, that is too funny about Farrell's reaction. That's kind of how I was the first time I rode, only I was too scared to even scream/say anything. Glad she enjoyed both RNRC and TOT!
I love that feeling. I can't get scared enough anymore, and that just drives me crazy. It's what I get for working at Six Flags Great America for six years, and literally having to ride things like Raging Bull and Giant Drop almost every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
That's my favorite line from Dinosaur. That and "not our dino".
That's totally my favorite line too! Oh, and "at least this one's a vegetarian". Hahaha. I love Dinosaur.

Quote:
Denny and I had the same trouble and we both ended up getting our APs replaced at some point. The gave us back Goofy. Maybe they don't change the character unless you ask.

I have just having SO much fun cutting and pasting pictures I CAN'T SEE!!!!!!! Did you get the alley picture? Is Farrell smiling? I can't stand the suspense.
I hate picture problems! Okay, I did get the alley picture and Farrell is smiling.

Quote:
I love this attraction and I think its great the Farrell wanted to see it all. I think every visitor should see it once.
I agree. I could go in there and see it every time. It's a good old standby.

Quote:
Cheesetastic about sums it up.
I don't even think that's the word for it.

Quote:
OK, this is too funny only because that is exactly how I feel when I am on ToT. I get all quiet and nervous and just think "let's get this drop over with all ready". I hate the suspense, but end up laughing and loving it in the end. Every time!
I love the suspense, it's the best part for me. I love wondering what the drop sequence is going to be like. Randomness for me is pretty awesome. I'm also a thrill junkie, sooooo......

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I feel like I need to see the Indiana Jones show someday, just because I never have. I just don't really think I'll enjoy it all that much. Hahaha. I'm just one of THOSE.

Hahahah I had a similar reaction the first time I rode ToT! Serious mind games happening on that ride!
You have to be open minded with Indiana Jones. Embrace it for it's cheesiness, and you'll be okay.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 09-28-2012, 09:46 PM   #464
jecskc
DIS Veteran

I think I am with Farrell on the ToT ride. Once was enough for me thanks. And I have to say that DS seemed to enjoy my discomfort over the ride more than than ride itself. I was still shaking a half hour later. But I was glad I knocked it off my bucket list.

Last edited by jecskc; 09-28-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:46 PM   #465
MEK
DIS Veteran

You're pictures are great and you DID get the alley. Very cool!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: