Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2012, 11:09 PM   #32
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Helllooo!

I'm here but will be back to read!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Starting the New Year off right!...at WDW January 2015 PTR
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2012, 11:56 PM   #33
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Nice start - do you always fly Southwest? I'm heading out of O'Hare tomorrow and the AA rates were highly competitive with SW for the first time I've seen. Of course, that's because I'm only carrying on - I wish O'Hare had a SW terminal too.

That is hilarious about Farrell waking up so suddenly while you guys were landing!! That seems like something I would do! I can sleep like a baby on a plane; though I think they'd wake me up to tell me to put my seat up, since I always recline.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:53 AM   #34
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

YAY you arrived! I can't imagine getting in that late! But I, like you ladies, would have had to unpack too.
Poly looks so amazing!
Old 01-17-2012, 08:26 AM   #35
Laura Loves Tigger
Earning My Ears

Great room! Glad the Yeti was able to get some liquid relaxation! LOVE that you Love Game of Thrones!!! The story gets better with each book!

Old 01-17-2012, 08:27 AM   #36
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

This sounds like a fun one! BFF trips are always the best

Yay for arriving! And staying at the Poly, too?! Awesome!

Old 01-17-2012, 08:52 AM   #37
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

wow that is a long day. 3am? I'd be so grouchy lol

And yay for Yeti for you to allowing him to have a pre-flight drink

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
Old 01-17-2012, 12:37 PM   #38
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Awesome update!

Glad to be hearing from the famous Yeti. I'm gonna love hearing his perspective on traveling with two crazy girls!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Starting the New Year off right!...at WDW January 2015 PTR
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Old 01-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #39
rpcvpanama
Mouseketeer

Joining in. I was there the same week. It was crazy busy. Never seen it that bad in January before. Can't wait for the updates.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:38 PM   #40
katt789
DIS Veteran

Love it! I would definitely say something similar about staying at the Poly!! I love the Yetti's perspective too! Definitely here to read along!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 01-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #41
oOJulieOo
Mouseketeer

Joining in! A girls trip sounds perfect. And at the Poly. Even better than perfect.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:55 PM   #42
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Ugh I'd be so annoyed if someone sat between Brandon and I...I can't stand when people sit in our row!

Yay, the Poly!! Your room is so beautiful! Did you make any room requests?

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 01-17-2012, 07:36 PM   #43
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateKate View Post
Sounds like the trip was off to a great start! I love your room at the Poly!
We definitely loved our room too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
YAY !! You are there !! Wow 3 AM is late. But I'm glad to see you got there all safe and sound and it was nice to see that your Yeti got lei'd.

Sorry .... I couldn't resist !!
I know, 3am was pretty late. But the alternative was picking a flight that was about $75 more expensive and we both wanted our spending money.

You picked up on my reference. He's on lucky Yeti....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Helllooo!

I'm here but will be back to read!
Glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
Nice start - do you always fly Southwest? I'm heading out of O'Hare tomorrow and the AA rates were highly competitive with SW for the first time I've seen. Of course, that's because I'm only carrying on - I wish O'Hare had a SW terminal too.

That is hilarious about Farrell waking up so suddenly while you guys were landing!! That seems like something I would do! I can sleep like a baby on a plane; though I think they'd wake me up to tell me to put my seat up, since I always recline.
I normally try to fly Southwest or AirTran, because they fly out of Milwaukee and that airport is more convenient for me location wise. We chose Southwest this time because of the no baggage fees. I wish O'Hare had one too.

It was pretty funny when she woke up. Then she started looking around all cool like "oh, nothing really happened". I never sleep on planes, but I do the doze a little and then scare yourself awake thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
YAY you arrived! I can't imagine getting in that late! But I, like you ladies, would have had to unpack too.
Poly looks so amazing!
It wasn't as bad as I thought arriving that late. I think we were both excited. I have to unpack right away, otherwise I'll never get around to doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Loves Tigger View Post
Great room! Glad the Yeti was able to get some liquid relaxation! LOVE that you Love Game of Thrones!!! The story gets better with each book!
Liquid relaxation is the best kind of relaxation. I'm glad the story gets better with each book. I keep reading this one until I fall asleep at night. Can't wait to move on to the next one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
This sounds like a fun one! BFF trips are always the best

Yay for arriving! And staying at the Poly, too?! Awesome!
This trip was tons of fun. And we were very fortunate to be staying at the Poly thanks to my parents and DVC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopArtGal View Post
wow that is a long day. 3am? I'd be so grouchy lol

And yay for Yeti for you to allowing him to have a pre-flight drink
Amazingly enough, neither one of us had the grumps. I was amazed. We were very excited to go though, so I think that kept us going.

Yeti....he has a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Awesome update!

Glad to be hearing from the famous Yeti. I'm gonna love hearing his perspective on traveling with two crazy girls!
I'm sure that he's going to have a lot to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpcvpanama View Post
Joining in. I was there the same week. It was crazy busy. Never seen it that bad in January before. Can't wait for the updates.
This is my third New Year's at WDW and it was busier longer than I expected. I knew that it would be busy the first few days of the holiday, but it stayed busy well into the week for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Love it! I would definitely say something similar about staying at the Poly!! I love the Yetti's perspective too! Definitely here to read along!
Yeah, both Farrell and I felt like a classy place like the Poly definitely was not ready for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oOJulieOo View Post
Joining in! A girls trip sounds perfect. And at the Poly. Even better than perfect.
It was definitely the perfect trip for sure. I so wish we could have stayed longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Ugh I'd be so annoyed if someone sat between Brandon and I...I can't stand when people sit in our row!

Yay, the Poly!! Your room is so beautiful! Did you make any room requests?
Oh my goodness, I know! I was like . No way! To his credit, he was pretty aware of himself and didn't encroach upon our space.

The only room request that I had made at online checkin was that it be close to transportation. I wanted to be closer to the parking lot for the car and close to the buses. This was definitely the closest longhouse to the bus and parking lot.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #44
MEK
DIS Veteran

Subbing!!!!!!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-17-2012, 11:39 PM   #45
Merida
DIS Veteran

There's some unwritten rule about airport restaurants - they're vaguely depressing with food that's mediocre but with nothing to actually complain about and way too many people are eating there. I don't understand! I've never flown Southwest, their whole setup seems really.. awkward? (we fly Frontier - free chocolate chip cookies!!) Was the weird baggage lady from the airport? Who even wants to hear directions at 1AM anyway? Any time past midnight and it's a free-for-all as far as I'm concerned!

The rooms at the Poly are so pretty! And massive! Are there lights inside the wardrobes/closets/mysterious grass-y doors?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: