Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2012, 06:51 AM   #421
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

I loved reading about the wishes party! I can't wait, I'm going to the party for the first time this year!
I "awww"d out loud when Farrell 'got it'. What a perfect moment!
Old 08-29-2012, 01:34 PM   #422
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

I love the pink mouse made dress from Cinderella too,this is why i almost had a mini heart attack when I saw it in the Disney store a few years back,and eventhough at that time it was only in a size much to big for my Boo I just had to buy it and put it away. So here is the pic for your enjoyment,and pleAse tell yeti that Duffy says hi

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2012, 06:33 PM   #423
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
I loved reading about the wishes party! I can't wait, I'm going to the party for the first time this year!
I "awww"d out loud when Farrell 'got it'. What a perfect moment!
Yo're going to love the dessert party! I would seriously do it every time if I could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
I love the pink mouse made dress from Cinderella too,this is why i almost had a mini heart attack when I saw it in the Disney store a few years back,and eventhough at that time it was only in a size much to big for my Boo I just had to buy it and put it away. So here is the pic for your enjoyment,and pleAse tell yeti that Duffy says hi

That is the cutest dress ever! I've never seen it before. They need to make it again for sure.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:02 PM   #424
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Ain't Nobody Got Time For That!

Day 5 – Wednesday January 4, 2012

Today we were heading towards………….

Platform 9 ¾

That’s right. We were heading to Universal Studios so we could visit our favorite boy wizard. Farrell was super stoked about this. I (being the dork that I am) even did my makeup in Slytherin colors. No Gryffindor for me, because I didn’t think it would look right. Plus I have a Slytherin scarf, so….you know.

We first ate at Captain Cook’s so we could get a more substantial breakfast. Because Universal food is spotty at best. We wanted to stay full for longer.

We were on the road a little later than anticipated, but we got there in no time. However, I did do a stupid. I, who should always know where I’m going when I drive in Florida, took one exit too early to Universal. It’s okay, because it still led to our final destination. However, my easier exit was foiled by a jerk that wouldn’t let me merge into the lane I needed to get in to turn.

So, I said…….

“YOU JACKWAGGGGGGOOOOONNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Really loud. I have no shame. And Farrell and I proceeded to say it the rest of the day. True story.

We got to the entrance and I handily pulled in to valet parking. I love the premier pass that I have. Gotta love free valet.

So. This is where it gets……….ugly.

There were so many people at Universal in general, I didn’t even have words for it. It was only a little after 9am. And the wait time for Forbidden Journey?

2 hours.

2 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!

Farrell and I agreed that we would hop in line. FJ was the entire reason that we were going to Universal. Farrell is an epic HP fan. I couldn’t let her down. I didn’t care if we got nothing else accomplished, but dangit we were waiting in line. We hopped in line immediately. I didn’t want Farrell to be disappointed.

On the way, I snapped some pictures.

Oh look at that mass of people in front of us…..

Oh, look at all of those people BEHIND ME!

Dude. I’m not kidding, but the line for FJ was a hot mess. The employees were just trying to keep a hold on everything, but people were everywhere. We were so far out of the queue, it wasn’t even funny. Every other time I’ve been, we walk straight into the castle. This time? To the left of the castle, on the bridge, IN JURASSIC PARK, in some backstage area that I’ve never seen before, up the side of the castle, on the roof, in a gutter, underground in the sewers…….

We made the best of it.

And then we got REALLY bored. Just click the video below.

No, I’m not cleaning. I’m not that bored.

Dumbleydore’s office (with Farrell. I love that Madame Maxine calls him Dumbleydore btw).

Let the angels sing, we made it to the sorting hat!

We survived the 26.2 mile queue. It was crazy!

Verdict? Farrell thought it was worth the two hour wait. I admit, I was a little spoiled, because I’ve never had to wait more than 20 minutes for it. I was really nervous she was going to be furious from the wait. By the time we got out, oh and got our stuff out of the lockers….oh the lockers….

Why must people act ridiculous with the locker situation. Just be patient people. Don’t get all up in my grill, trying to get all up in my locker. Just calm down! Ain’t nobody got time for that!!!!

Oh, random. Ain’t nobody got time for that is my new favorite phrase. Watch this and all will be clear….

Ain’t Nobody Got Time For That!

Finally, we got out of there. It was 12pm. Yup. Three hours. Gone.

What would we do next? And would the crowds continue?

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:

Last edited by IheartDDuck; 09-06-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #425
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Wow. I cannot believe that you spent 3 hours on that ride! I'm glad that Farrell thought it was worth it though.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #426
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Wow, that's an INSANE line! But I agree - if that's what you're there for, then the long line doesn't even matter, you HAVE to get in it.

But how did you not eat, drink, or have a bathroom available for three hours? I can't go 20 minutes without at least a drink of water!
Old 09-06-2012, 10:16 PM   #427
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Wow. I cannot believe that you spent 3 hours on that ride! I'm glad that Farrell thought it was worth it though.
Girl, I can't believe it either. I was absolutely amazed when we got out of there. I was so hopeful that she was going to love it, because it would have sucked if she didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
Wow, that's an INSANE line! But I agree - if that's what you're there for, then the long line doesn't even matter, you HAVE to get in it.

But how did you not eat, drink, or have a bathroom available for three hours? I can't go 20 minutes without at least a drink of water!
We did fine for the whole time. Albeit it was a little tough, but we managed. But we did have to get to the bathroom stat after we were done.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 09-06-2012, 10:38 PM   #428
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Holy ick... I can't even... just why? How? FOR WHAT REASON?

I enjoyed your video hahaha. Hopefully yall were able to do SOMETHING else. EEEEEEEESH.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:41 PM   #429
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post

So, I said…….

“YOU JACKWAGGGGGGOOOOONNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Really loud. I have no shame. And Farrell and I proceeded to say it the rest of the day. True story.
I am totally going to be saying this the whole way to work tomorrow. Thank you very much. There are hundreds of Jackwagggooooooonnnnnnnns in the state of Delaware and they all drive the same route to work in the morning. Awesomeness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post

......... This time? To the left of the castle, on the bridge, IN JURASSIC PARK, in some backstage area that I’ve never seen before, up the side of the castle, on the roof, in a gutter, underground in the sewers…….

OMG! You totally have me cracking up with this update. Too, TOO funny! So worth reading it tonight. Remind never to go to Universal on, what...Jan 4th? And I thought the 20 minute wait for Nemo was bad. Oy to the Vey. You are a good friend for enduring that. Can't wait to finally ride that ride.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-07-2012, 06:07 AM   #430
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Ahhhh a two hour wait is long, but good for you for sticking it out for Farrell! I swear, FP's have totally spoiled us all. I really remember waiting at least 45 minutes without batting an eye years ago for Splash Mountain, etc. Like, "oh, only an hour? We're waiting!" Sigh.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:08 AM   #431
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

LOL, wow, 104 day wait! That is a long time. haha FJ is pretty awesome though. When my sisters and I went I think we waited around 45 minutes which I didn't think was too bad considering that was the summer right after it opened. Oh man, those lockers are so annoying. Thankfully I have smart sisters because for our second ride they suggested we put our lockers in the ones near the Dragon Challenge-that was a lot less hectic.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 09-07-2012, 05:58 PM   #432
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Holy ick... I can't even... just why? How? FOR WHAT REASON?

I enjoyed your video hahaha. Hopefully yall were able to do SOMETHING else. EEEEEEEESH.
I don't know. I have no explanation for the crowds. I seriously thought with it being several days after New Years that it would be lower crowds. Clearly, every person in vacation at Orlando the same time as us had the SAME idea......

I totally watched that video again and I was like "yup, it's totally random, I'm posting it!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I am totally going to be saying this the whole way to work tomorrow. Thank you very much. There are hundreds of Jackwagggooooooonnnnnnnns in the state of Delaware and they all drive the same route to work in the morning. Awesomeness!

OMG! You totally have me cracking up with this update. Too, TOO funny! So worth reading it tonight. Remind never to go to Universal on, what...Jan 4th? And I thought the 20 minute wait for Nemo was bad. Oy to the Vey. You are a good friend for enduring that. Can't wait to finally ride that ride.
There are Jackwagon's everywhere. It's my new favorite word, and funny enough, my mom's too. Because I use it in every conversation I have (JACKWAGON!), you can't help but catch on.......jackwagon.......

I am a firm believer that no ride is worth waiting 2 hours for, but sometimes you don't really have a choice. I wasn't going to go all the way to Universal to say "look at how cool the castle is!", and then leave. Heck no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Ahhhh a two hour wait is long, but good for you for sticking it out for Farrell! I swear, FP's have totally spoiled us all. I really remember waiting at least 45 minutes without batting an eye years ago for Splash Mountain, etc. Like, "oh, only an hour? We're waiting!" Sigh.
OMG, I do not know what I did before FPs. But I think prior to FP, lines at Disney were not as long as they get up now. I have a fastpass theory, but it's very long and drawn out, so not worth posting here. Plus, I like FP's, so I don't want anyone to get confused and think that I don't.

Only an hour. Hahahaha, remember those days? Now I'm like 30 MINUTES?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
LOL, wow, 104 day wait! That is a long time. haha FJ is pretty awesome though. When my sisters and I went I think we waited around 45 minutes which I didn't think was too bad considering that was the summer right after it opened. Oh man, those lockers are so annoying. Thankfully I have smart sisters because for our second ride they suggested we put our lockers in the ones near the Dragon Challenge-that was a lot less hectic.
I know. We kept ourselves entertained during those 104 days by listening to music on my phone, dancing a jig, and eating leaves.

Oh, the Dragon Challenge locker is a great idea! Except, I think we would have gotten charged based on the wait time we had endured....

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 09-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #433
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Wow. Three hours!? You guys are champs. I'd do it though, that ride is really the only reason I go to Universal. It is pretty darn awesome though.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:32 AM   #434
burly
DIS Veteran

OMG the horror of waiting sooo long in a line with a bunch of jackwagons who invaded your park on the day your friend wanted to experience our Harry Potter ridey thing,...jackwagons the lot of em!

Girl, you are funny. We gotta meet up and have a drink or sumpin...
Kim
Old 09-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #435
katt789
DIS Veteran

I seriously just flipped my laptop I’m so excited for this update! Heck yes Harry Potter! YES! CAN WE PLEASE BE BEST FRIENDS! AH. SLYTHERIN IS THE WAY TO GO! ACK! Day Made. Also, have you ever watched A Very Potter Musical/Sequel on youtube?! If not, and you’re a HP fan, you must!!

I haven’t eaten anywhere but 3 Broomsticks at Universal, but it seems like a good idea to get a good breakfast in beforehand haha. Ha! I like how the jackwagon probably turned into an inside joke that had you guys laughing and no one else understanding? Lawl.

2 hours already?? UGH! That is crazy, however, with that huge long cue, with so much to look at and take pictures with, I know I wouldn't mind waiting, although 2 hours is a bit much. I'm glad you guys thought it was worth it in the end, that ride is seriously the greatest thing in the world, I cannot wait to go back and ride it again, I thought it was absolutely amazing!!

HA! I love that ain't no body got time for that stuff! Haha, UGH, I forgot about the lockers, they were crazy enough when we were there, I can't imagine a 2 hour wait and having to deal with those. Booourns

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: