Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2012, 10:27 PM   #406
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

And All Your Wishes.......Will Come True......

Day 4 - Tuesday January 3, 2012

So where I last left us off 1,859 days ago was that we were heading out of the Magic Kingdom for some lunch, a little relaxation, and then off to dinner.

We headed back and were at the resort by 1:30pm. And what do you know folks, our phrase of the day was born at this moment. I will explain.

Our airport in Milwaukee has a ďrecombobulation areaĒ. No joke, itís there. I donít know what itís for. I know you can be discombobulated, I just never thought about getting recombobulated. I am too scared to ask what that would entailÖ.

So, we head into Captain Cooks for a quick bite of lunch and get settled in our seat. The problem with it being cold in Florida is that you have to put on all of your layers to survive throughout the day. That is not the most conducive for getting ready to eat some lunch, because you have to disrobe, blah blah blah, you get it.

So I say:

Danielle: You know, this is just annoying, because you get everything off, and then you have toÖ..

Farrell: Get recombobulated?

I swear we are like five years old, because the way we were cackling in Captain Cooks (a little alliteration? Haha), you would have thought it was the funniest thing youíd ever heard. Everyone else in the restaurant did not get the funny side of it, but thatís because theyíre not awesome like we are.

I got:

Hawaiian flatbread. Itís soooo good.

I could have sworn that I had a picture of Farrellís, but I donít. Weird. She had the adult grilled cheese. For dessert we both had:

All you can fill up Dole Whip! It doesnít get any better than that.

After that we headed back to the room for a relaxation and snooze before dinner. Listen people, weíre old! Also, I didnít want to burn Farrell out, and it was cold, and weíre pansies. What can I say?

Our reservation that evening was at the Grand Floridian Cafť. I was excited to show Farrell the resort because itís so she she and fancy. We left Poly at 5:10pm and made it right on time for dinner 5:30pm. Not that it would have mattered, because it was like a ghost town. I guess thatís what happens when you eat dinner at the time the senior group doesÖÖ

Farrell thought the resort was beautiful, but a bit on the stuffy side. I think thatís how a lot of people feel. My dad is one of those people.

See how empty the restaurant was?

For dinner I had the New York Strip.

It was good. Not necessarily the best steak Iíve ever had, but it was good.

Farrell had the pork chop.

Look at her getting all DISer and lifting the plate for show. Good girl.

For dessert, we both got the chocolate fondue. We didnít want to over do it with dessert, because we had the dessert party coming up. So we thought fruit and dip was a good way to go. Funny enough, no picture again?! I think I must have took something recreational this day or something. I have no other explanationÖ.

We got out of dinner in no time. I chalk that up to the fact that weíre both record fast eaters. We have no shame in scarfing our food. And, you know, when you eat with the senior crowd, the server can pay more attention to you, so you get your stuff faster. Or he just didnít like usÖÖ

We headed into the Magic Kingdom and did a little bit of shopping. I had some goodies that I needed to pick up. I didnít take any souvie pictures, but I got a set of makeup bags for myself, a cup for my mom, the castle blanket, a ring for Farrell, corn on the cob holders, and potato chip bag clips. And handily enough, had them sent back to the resort. Farrell was like NO WAY! They do that?! This is why WDW is the best.

The castle lights always look beautiful.

Since we had some time to waste before we could check in for the dessert party, we headed to Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. Because really, who doesnít love THAT GUY!

Farrell thought it was tons of fun and had a lot of laughs. I want to be that guy. But Iím not a guy soÖÖ.yeahÖÖ.

At that point, we could head over and check in. We got the prime seats right in the front. It does pay to be a party of two!

I didnít take any pictures of the buffet, because Iím not a huge fan of blinding people in the darkness with my flash of light!

Pretty soon, the Magic, the Memories, and You started.

Farrell was super impressed already and we hadnít even gotten to the best part yet. She was oohing and aahing right next to me.

Then, the moment arrived, and Tinkerbell flew.

I only took two photos of the fireworks, because I get caught up in watching them more than anything else.

After everything was said and done, Farrell turned and looked at me really slowly.

Farrell: I get it.

Danielle: Huh?

Farrell: I get it. That was the most amazing thing Iíve ever seen before. Iíve seen fireworks before, but that wasnít just fireworks, that was like everything. This is the most amazing place Iíve ever been. They have everything. I get it now. I now understand why you come here all the time.

I teared up. Seriously. It was like music to my ears. My fear that she wouldnít understand it was dissolved. She had converted.

We hung around for the crowds to dissipate and ended up chatting briefly with an older couple from England. They were commenting on the fact that Disney was worth every penny they spent on it, and it was unlike anything they had seen before.

Farrell told them she couldnít agree more, and that it was utterly magical.

We started to head out and somehow ended up in the Emporium. I mean, I donít know how we end up these places.

Oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh

Of course, on the way out, I told Farrell that no trip to the Magic Kingdom would be complete without visiting the Mouse himself. And the wait time was only 10 minutes. Score!

When we got up to Mickey and Minnie, we were the only ones in the room left. It was cute and a lot of fun. We got more personal attention, because there was no one waiting behind us. Farrell was too happy. We were even able to disrobe and set our stuff down for the pictures.

She just looks so cute.

We have tons more Photopass pictures, but that will have to go in my roundup at the end of the day.

After that, we called it quits on our great day. We had a date with a certain boy wizard in the morning, and boy were we going to need our sleep for that (oooohhh, foreshadowing).

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:40 PM   #407
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Yeti Makes a New Friend

So let's remember oh so long ago that the girls and I went to breakfast at the Crystal Palace. Now, us Yeti's, we don't eat normal breakfast food. Typically, you know, we just eat.......well......people......but you know. I had to be on my best behavior. Wah wah. However, I did meet a really great guy. But I couldn't get a bite. He's a little bouncy.

He's really......tall.....

After that, we headed over to the Haunted Mansion. Eventually. Where I tickled the ivories.

Well, they're not really ivory. More like greyish taupeish. So I tickled the greyish taupeish's.

I stayed hidden away for a bit of the day. It's cold. Yes, I know I have Yeti fur, but his cold is different than cold in Nepal. It's.....humid....

I did come out to play on Peter Pan.

OMG! I GLOW!!!!

I'm my own night light. Who wouldn't want a night light like me to keep them company? Mwah ha ha.

The girls brought me out again for the dessert party. Because I love desserts. And I showed those girls up! Look at all the desserts I ate.

Boo yah!

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2012, 11:04 PM   #408
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Day 4 Recap and Photopass Pics

Day 4 Recap and Photopass Pics -

Things accomplished -

Space Mountain
Haunted Mansion
It's a Small World
Pirate's of the Caribbean
Swiss Family Treehouse
Peter Pan
Monster's Inc Laugh Floor
Meeting Mickey

Things we wanted to do but didn't -

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Jungle Cruise

Farrell's Favorite of the day -

Meeting Winnie the Pooh and Eeyore (oh and Wishes!)

Farrell's Least Favorite of the day -

The cold.

Farrell's Food of the day -

Our entire breakfast and the dessert party.

Danielle's Favorite of the day -

Farrell's reaction to Wishes, and finally drinking the Disney water.

Danielle's Least Favorite of the day -

What Farrell said.

Photopass Pics -

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 08-26-2012, 11:16 PM   #409
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
So exciting! I have 25 pages ahead of me since I have time to catch up and read, woohoo! Sorry, the comments are going to be from way back when!

Boo to that girl getting through with all those liquids on the plane! That's exactly why we purposely checked in a bag because we needed way more than what we'd be allowed to bring in a carry-on! On the way back, they actually opened our checked bag probably to check all the liquid! We still had leftover water bottles and Smart Water bottles, so they checked. I guess it's comforting to know that they care enough to look (not that I want grubby hands in my stuff), but like you said, they should be consistent and do these things with everyone!

I looked up Game of Thrones on Amazon because you're the umpteenth person to mention it, and I wanted to know what it was all about. When I saw the book set, I was like, "Hold up, I've seen this before." In my cleaning of the apartment (slow, long process!), I noticed a bag of books that Howard had. I just checked; he has the set too! Haha, that means I can read it too if I want!

You passed up 'Ohana?!? Oh man! Haha. I want to try new and different restaurants, but I still think about that one trip to 'Ohana. Yum! Haha, I like the trip report title explanation though!

I understand the joy you must have felt in getting Donald on your AP cuz I got Goofy and Howard got Mickey, and I'm jealous EVERY TIME I pull the tickets out, haha. And I'm the one who holds the tickets too so I ALWAYS see it! I wish we could pick 'em. If he was gonna get Mickey (which I would've liked), then I should get Minnie! I thought about going back to change it because they actually spelled my name wrong so I could have had an excuse to get another one, but we didn't want to waste the time.

So far, my favorite Yeti pic is the one with the fried wontons! Haha, he looks so cute holding up those chopsticks!

OH YUM, we had a chocolate croissant on one of the days that we left for the parks really late (okay, let's face it, that was almost every day). We wouldn't be able to last without food so we stopped by Mara and saw that delectable thing! Oh dear, it was insanely good! I would have liked to eat one every day!

I remember all the days when my dad used to look forward to his name on Carousel of Progress and doze off during Living with the Land and IASW. I just coulnd't understand how he could be missing out on all these things! I have now become a napper. Yes, I hate napping in WDW or thinking about leaving the parks for a nap, but gosh darn it, there's just no other way to last.

Didn't know Tigger was such a handsy fela!

HAHA, the story of the mom waiting for Peter Pan is probably up there in the best overheard conversations at Disney! They need to start a site for those things like how they have Overheard in NY (ooo, apparently they have one for DLR - http://www.ohatdl.com/).
I'm glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma - I hope that she is feeling well soon! Sending lots of well-wishes to you and your family!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
Perfectly understandable! Work is kicking my butt too plus the added things with your grandmother...I can only imagine! Hopefully she will get better soon! I can't wait to hear more stories from the Yeti!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
You take your time, Danielle. Your grandmother needs you more than us. When my grandma had her bout of strokes and other complications it was a long process for recovery, so you gotta take it day by day. Hope your grandmother gets better soon, sending my thoughts!

Hope to see you back here soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
No need to feel bad! I just hope your grandma recovers quickly!
Thanks again for everyone's well wishes.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 08-27-2012, 08:59 AM   #410
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post

Danielle: You know, this is just annoying, because you get everything off, and then you have toÖ..

Farrell: Get recombobulated?

I swear we are like five years old, because the way we were cackling in Captain Cooks (a little alliteration? Haha), you would have thought it was the funniest thing youíd ever heard. Everyone else in the restaurant did not get the funny side of it, but thatís because theyíre not awesome like we are.
I just cracked up over this. Too funny. Definitely how I feel when I am carrying around too much stuff and have to pick it all back up after a meal or break.

Quote:
After everything was said and done, Farrell turned and looked at me really slowly.

Farrell: I get it. That was the most amazing thing Iíve ever seen before. Iíve seen fireworks before, but that wasnít just fireworks, that was like everything. This is the most amazing place Iíve ever been. They have everything. I get it now. I now understand why you come here all the time.

I teared up. Seriously. It was like music to my ears. My fear that she wouldnít understand it was dissolved. She had converted.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh! That's pretty darn cool.

I really enjoyed this update. So much going on. I had to look at your pictures BEFORE I left for work and now I am reading the update. Yeah - it makes for a bit of confusion, but I'm good.

You got some great PP pics, even in your recombobulated state.

Yeti glows? Who Knew?

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 08-27-2012, 12:30 PM   #411
Lil'Mermaid75
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Farrell had the pork chop.

Look at her getting all DISer and lifting the plate for show. Good girl.

As I looked at this picture, my first thought was look at her lifting her plate like a good girl. Then I read what you wrote. Too funny!!!

I really liked this update - loved seing Farrell's reaction to the fireworks.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:32 PM   #412
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Why do I feel like those people are giving a presentation at the Laugh Floor? Like... sit down, yall.

HOOOOORAY FOR THE CONVERSION OF FARRELL!!!

The picture of Tigger and Yeti just made my day. That is hilarious!!! The Yeti always writes such entertaining updates. Way to be, Yeti my man.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:25 PM   #413
katt789
DIS Veteran

Yay! Updates!! Sounds like it was a fantastic food filled day, that's for sure!! ACK. I seriously teared up at the "i get it" part. I had a moment in April with Tanessa that was kind of like that, when people finally get it, they get suckered into the magic and you just DIE.

Love.

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 08-27-2012, 06:56 PM   #414
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

The Wishes Dessert Party sounds like so much fun!! Yay for Farrell understanding the Disney magic!!!
Old 08-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #415
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Haha, recombobulated? That is so weird!

I love the GF, I used to think I could never stay there, but everyone is so friendly and welcoming, I would love to stay there now!

Quote:

Dude, I teared up when I read that, and I don't even know Farrell! Yay for another Disney convert!

Love all your photopass pics, too cute!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 08-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #416
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:

I seriously teared up too. What a moment.

I brought a couple of friends and watching them watch fireworks with thier mouths wide open and then go - this happens EVERY night- was my moment.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
Old 08-27-2012, 09:05 PM   #417
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I just cracked up over this. Too funny. Definitely how I feel when I am carrying around too much stuff and have to pick it all back up after a meal or break.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh! That's pretty darn cool.

I really enjoyed this update. So much going on. I had to look at your pictures BEFORE I left for work and now I am reading the update. Yeah - it makes for a bit of confusion, but I'm good.

You got some great PP pics, even in your recombobulated state.

Yeti glows? Who Knew?
Haha, the getting recombulated thing is always so irritated for me. It's such a long process, isn't it? Especially during winter at WDW when you have to layer up.

With Farrell loving Wishes, it was great. I knew I had a true Disney convert on my hands.

Yup, Yeti glows. He was pretty proud of himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Mermaid75 View Post
As I looked at this picture, my first thought was look at her lifting her plate like a good girl. Then I read what you wrote. Too funny!!!

I really liked this update - loved seing Farrell's reaction to the fireworks.
She was such a good DISer lifting up her plate for me. She even got into it on the trip "oh oh, look at this, take a picture of the food!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Why do I feel like those people are giving a presentation at the Laugh Floor? Like... sit down, yall.

HOOOOORAY FOR THE CONVERSION OF FARRELL!!!

The picture of Tigger and Yeti just made my day. That is hilarious!!! The Yeti always writes such entertaining updates. Way to be, Yeti my man.
Yeti has incredibly entertaining updates. He's just his own little character. It's fun bringing him along for the ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Yay! Updates!! Sounds like it was a fantastic food filled day, that's for sure!! ACK. I seriously teared up at the "i get it" part. I had a moment in April with Tanessa that was kind of like that, when people finally get it, they get suckered into the magic and you just DIE.

Love.
I teared up too with the "I get it" stuff. I was telling my mom the story and even SHE teared up. It's just great. Best thing ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Haha, recombobulated? That is so weird!

I love the GF, I used to think I could never stay there, but everyone is so friendly and welcoming, I would love to stay there now!

Dude, I teared up when I read that, and I don't even know Farrell! Yay for another Disney convert!

Love all your photopass pics, too cute!
The next time I fly out of Milwaukee (it might be a little while), I will make sure to take a picture of the recombulation area. I don't know if it's a joke, but it makes me laugh every time. So it's now a thing. "Wait, let me get recombobulated".

It's really nice to stay at GF. I've stayed there one time a few years ago (boy did THAT cost a lot of DVC points), and it was nice. But not somewhere I would like to stay every time.

I'm so happy for Farrell being a Disney convert. Another one down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I seriously teared up too. What a moment.

I brought a couple of friends and watching them watch fireworks with thier mouths wide open and then go - this happens EVERY night- was my moment.
I made everyone tear up during this update. That's so cool. It made me feel so good though when it happened. She was amazed too about the fact that they do this every night. She just couldn't believe it. I was like "yup. Every night".

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 08-27-2012, 09:06 PM   #418
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
The Wishes Dessert Party sounds like so much fun!! Yay for Farrell understanding the Disney magic!!!
I love the Wishes dessert party. I would do it every time if I could, just to have cushy Wishes seating.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 08-28-2012, 12:16 PM   #419
amazingact21
Upendi

I laughed pretty hard at your description of 5:30 being "senior citizen time." Only because, every time I try and make an ADR and there's only a really early time available, DH always makes the remark, "So we're turning into old people already. Acting like we're 80..." But hey, faster service, right?

I was so happy to read about Farrell's reaction to Wishes. How great that she got the magic of Wishes and Disney. It's such a great feeling, witnessing someone finally understand why we keep going back to Disney, year after year.

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 08-28-2012, 08:17 PM   #420
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
I laughed pretty hard at your description of 5:30 being "senior citizen time." Only because, every time I try and make an ADR and there's only a really early time available, DH always makes the remark, "So we're turning into old people already. Acting like we're 80..." But hey, faster service, right?

I was so happy to read about Farrell's reaction to Wishes. How great that she got the magic of Wishes and Disney. It's such a great feeling, witnessing someone finally understand why we keep going back to Disney, year after year.
I always joke about that too, because I don't love those reservation times, but sometimes you have to take them. So I go, meh. I'll eat with the old folks.

I was thrilled with her reaction to Wishes. I just now have to think about a way to get her back to the World.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: