Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2012, 07:54 AM   #16
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post

We kept track of many of our funny conversations on this trip, for your reading enjoyment.
I do a decent job of note-taking for about 2-3 days, and then I begin to fizzle. Sometimes I can't even read my own scratchings. so I have to rely on the pictures to zap my memory.

I look forward to seeing your pictures and hearing your stories. We had a great trip, as well, and I would be happy to be back there right this minute!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:07 AM   #17
disney<333
DIS Veteran

Joining in!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2012, 08:14 AM   #18
MiaBella05
DIS Veteran

joining in
Caribbean Beach - Oct. '08
Riverside - May '09

Old 01-16-2012, 08:24 AM   #19
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

I'm in! Can't wait to hear all about your long-awaited BFFs trip, Danielle!
Old 01-16-2012, 12:05 PM   #20
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Yay you started!

I'm here and looking forward to hearing all about the funny conversations that took place as well as the antics of yeti.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #21
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
Subbing in! Yay for the Yeti - I really wanted to bring one home with me.. but I forgot.
Oh, what a shame you forgot one. You know, if you call Disney, they'll ship just about anything to you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
Nice pics to start everything off-definitely am looking forward to hearing about NYE at the WDW!
Thanks! Have fun on your solo trip! I'm gonna get caught up on everything tonight hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaKnits View Post
Yay!! A Packers Fan!! Better luck to us next year. I also abandoned game watching in favor of Disney Report Writing...such a hard game to watch. Can't wait to read more!!
I know right! It was a tough game, but they kinda sucked, so I accepted it and moved on. We still have last year's Superbowl under our belt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I'm in!!! Looking forward to reading this one for sure. Glad you had a great trip.
Glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Yay! You started! You know I'm in!
Hi! I was going to PM you, but I was only able to get two photopass cards! It was my bad, I thought I had three, but I looked and it was only two. D'oh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akayek31 View Post
I'm here too! My team will help heal your pain next week I have been a 49'ers fan since the 80's. They will beat the Giants for ya
Thanks! I'm actually rooting for a 49'ers / Ravens Superbowl at this point. I mean, we have to see what will happen, but I think that will be pretty cool. I will root for the 49'ers then. I used to love Joe Montana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopArtGal View Post
Can't wait to hear more!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Loves Tigger View Post
Subbing! Can't wait to hear about your trip. LOVE the Crystal Palace pics.
Thanks! We had a great time at the Crystal Palace!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Welcome back!! I'm subbing, can't wait to hear the whole story!
Hi Wendy! Glad you're here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I do a decent job of note-taking for about 2-3 days, and then I begin to fizzle. Sometimes I can't even read my own scratchings. so I have to rely on the pictures to zap my memory.

I look forward to seeing your pictures and hearing your stories. We had a great trip, as well, and I would be happy to be back there right this minute!
Mine's the same! I did really good this time though, I have to say. I bring my iPad along though with a wireless keyboard. I have so much to say (SURPRISE SURPRISE!), that I just can't handwrite it all anymore.

I would be so happy to be there too. It just seemed to end so quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney<333 View Post
Joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaBella05 View Post
joining in

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
I'm in! Can't wait to hear all about your long-awaited BFFs trip, Danielle!
I know! Seems like forever since I started talking about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Yay you started!

I'm here and looking forward to hearing all about the funny conversations that took place as well as the antics of yeti.
Hi Tanz! I'm glad you're here too. We had a great time, so I know I'm going to have tons of fun writing about this one.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:38 PM   #22
StephaniexMarie
Have a zip a dee doo dah day!

Cute Crystal Palace pictures!! I'm subbing.
Port Orleans Riverside (3/2012, 11/2012)
Polynesian Resort (11/2011, 7/2012, 3/2013)
Wilderness Lodge (7/2012)
Art of Animation (3/2013, 11/2013)
Saratoga Springs (7/2013)
Coronado Springs (11/2013, 1/2014)

Follow me on Instagram - stephaniexmarie
Old 01-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #23
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Joining in! This seems like it will be a fun one. We were there from Dec 5-14 and my new goal is to be there on New Years, so I can't wait to read about your experience!
Old 01-16-2012, 07:25 PM   #24
Merida
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, what a shame you forgot one. You know, if you call Disney, they'll ship just about anything to you.....
My boyfriend JUST found this out, after having to call and track down the 40th anniversary vinylmations (the ones with the park logos?) we also forgot to pick up as a "I'm sorry for hitting you while trying to catch my in-an-indestructible-case-iPhone" gift. (Well, finding them - and getting some discounts - was the gift. I still had to pay for them! ) Those are probably the best phone CMs in all of Disney (you mean people on the phone can actually have correct information, are you crazy)
Old 01-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #25
mvazul
DIS Veteran

I'm along for the ride - even if you are a Packer's fan!! (Bears fan here. )

Michelle
Old 01-16-2012, 08:11 PM   #26
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaniexMarie View Post
Cute Crystal Palace pictures!! I'm subbing.
Glad to have you aboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Joining in! This seems like it will be a fun one. We were there from Dec 5-14 and my new goal is to be there on New Years, so I can't wait to read about your experience!
Uh oh. See, you're TR's are so hilarious, now I feel the pressure to be funny.

Definitely go sometime during New Year's. It's really a great experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
My boyfriend JUST found this out, after having to call and track down the 40th anniversary vinylmations (the ones with the park logos?) we also forgot to pick up as a "I'm sorry for hitting you while trying to catch my in-an-indestructible-case-iPhone" gift. (Well, finding them - and getting some discounts - was the gift. I still had to pay for them! ) Those are probably the best phone CMs in all of Disney (you mean people on the phone can actually have correct information, are you crazy)
I got my mom one of those Vinylmations on a recent trip too. My mom is actually called Disney pretty regularly when we were on the lookout for a Rapunzel dress for my niece. They are very nice to deal with, that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvazul View Post
I'm along for the ride - even if you are a Packer's fan!! (Bears fan here. )

Michelle
Michelle.

I won't hold the fact that you're a Bears fan against you (much). I actually like the Bears too, just not when they're playing the Packers.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:25 PM   #27
mvazul
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Michelle.

I won't hold the fact that you're a Bears fan against you (much). I actually like the Bears too, just not when they're playing the Packers.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:44 PM   #28
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I can't reach my tray table!!!!!

Like every other TR I start, this one sadly starts at work. Please play the tiniest violin you can find.

Our flight was not leaving until 9:10pm, so we didn't work an early shift, we worked our normal shift. We did manage to blow that joint at 4:30pm though. I think the entire building probably heard our Woo Hoos in the parking lot.

My carpool buddy Dave drove both Farrell and I home from work. Longest car ride ever! We just couldn't seem to get home fast enough.

We wanted to get on the road as soon as possible so I just tossed in the last minute items into my carryon before we left. I can't leave without my spackle, shellac, wigs, girdles, etc. Cannot forget that. Otherwise, you know my intro picture? Yeah, that's me on a good day.

My parents drove us to the airport and we managed to get there around 6:45pm. We were flying out of Midway this time. Normally we fly out of Milwaukee, but the flights weren't the right price. Amazingly enough mydad got us there pretty quickly. Normally he's like Miss Daisy driving. You heard me right. Not driving Miss Daisy. Imagine that Miss Daisy drove herself. That would be my dad driving.....

We sobbed our goodbyes to each other and then headed into the airport to get our baggage checked.

Okay, here's another TSA rant (as if there aren't enough out there). I thought there was like a 3-3-1 rule on liquids. Three ounces, quart sized bag, yada yada.

So we're waiting in line for TSA and the chick in front of me busts out a gallon sized bag with various liquids in them. I mean like a gallon! Like, I could stuff my entire weeks worth of clothing and cosmetics and fit my dog in the bag too. So she nonchalantly dumps it into her bin and kind of covers it up with her coat. And TSA does not even notice. And it goes through. And she grabs it. And it's over.

Wait, what? If I tried that, it would have been a five alarm fire and I would have never made it through. Then, I would have had to go through the scanner, get patted down, then strip searched, then I'm not even going to talk about what would come next.

Consistency people! Just strip search everyone! (No, not really. Please don't strip search everyone).

We made it through TSA and then needed to decide where to eat for dinner. We decided on Harry Carey's. I mean, what's more Chicago than Harry Carey?

Farrell was very very excited and ready to get on the road for sure.

Now, pay attention to that picture. Those tables? Super close to each other. Like, we were up close and personal with everyone, and I'm not talking about Michelle Pfeiffer and Robert Redford. You heard everything that was going on. Chew, chew, chew, bbbuuuurrrrppp. Not extremely appetizing. The food was decent though. I ordered chicken quesadillas.

And Farrell ordered macaroni and cheese. It hit the spot for what we were looking for.

Not too long after we had eaten it was time for us to line up for boarding. We flew Southwest, so we had to line up first (as many of you well know). We had paid for early bird boarding, so we were in the A group. We were basically right up front. That's okay with me. There was a little boy behind us with his grandparents and he noticed my backpack. It's my Disneyland Paris one. He said "look, she's been to Disneyland!" His grandma said "no sweetie, she's been to Disneyland Paris. That's much further away". He was awestruck for some reason. Then started to tell me that his sister was going to go to Paris the next year and he was going to give his tooth fairy money to her so she could have money to spend. Is that not the cutest thing you've ever heard?

We boarded very quickly after that. We actually sat in the exit row. No one sat next to us so we moved over. Well, that ended up being a mistake because I didn't realize that they were holding the plane for a connecting flight. Nnnnooooooo!!!!! Our plan had failed. Someone sat in between us (because we had moved over since we thought no one else was coming). FOILED!

The flight was pretty uneventful and Farrell fell asleep. I just listened to music and read my book on my iPad (Game of Thrones. LOVE IT!).

Seriously though, there was such a massive amount of leg room in this exit row. Like, the tray table was so far away from us. I'm surprised Farrell's feet touched the ground. There were just miles and miles between us and the seats and tray tables in front of us. RICOLA!

This is saying a lot because I have gibbon arms and I had a hard time reaching the tray table.

We did have a funny incident during landing though. Farrell was asleep basically the whole time. Well, the plane started to descend and then landed. And she jumped so high and grabbed onto the arm of our travel partner. She also started looking around like a crazy person. Man, I wish I had video taped that.

We landed on time at 12:45am. Deplaning didn't take too long and then we were in baggage claim. It took quite a while to get our luggage. There was this lady that kept on saying "there are like, 10 flights that landed all at the same time. That's why the luggage isn't here", over and over and over again. I was going to hit her with my carryon. Lady, it's now 1:20am, I don't have my luggage, and we are astute enough to realize that lots of flights have landed.

Finally our baggage came and we were heading out to the rental car area. I rented of Alamo for super cheap ($140 for the whole week) and had checked in ahead of time so we just walked out to grab the first car in our category we saw. A Chevy HHR. Which in Farrell's opinion is the equivalent of the PT Loser...ahem...Cruiser, but with more power. The car was clean and drivable though, so no complaints. It was so easy to go out and just pick the car.

We made it to the resort at about 2am. Aloha Poly! We were given the Tokelau longhouse, second floor, room 2944. We got our first visit button for Farrell and headed up. We were super close to the bus stop, which was cool.

Farrell's quote of the day?

"Wow, this place is nice. Classy. Look out people! You think you've seen class?! Well we're here now so you're not seeing it anymore!!"

Word.

We took our room in.

We both unpacked because we super anal retentive and knew if we didn't, we would never get around to it. We were finally ready for bed around 3am. Whew! We weren't getting a super early start to the morning, but still pretty late.

Snore........
Old 01-16-2012, 08:47 PM   #29
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

A Yeti's take on travel

Look at all my luggage ya'll!!

The chickies took me to dinner. Flying makes me nervous. How do I deal with that?

Finally! In bed. And a lei!

Old 01-16-2012, 09:17 PM   #30
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

Sounds like the trip was off to a great start! I love your room at the Poly!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: