Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #181
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
Great slow start to the day! The chocolate croissants look so good! I had one at Starring Rolls (not sure how similar the two are) and it was awesome! I plan to eat one in March!

I agree on the FP return time to TT...especially considering it was a major holiday! And Mouse Gears is my favorite! I almost enjoy it more than World of Disney. Maybe because I get so turned around in WOD and it is always so crowded!

I like the recap! I tried doing something similar because I know when I read TRs and a day ends I can't remember what all happened that day!

That Yeti...he was a handful wasn't he!
Sometimes, I don't know if they're all the same chocolate croissants. Now, that's not to say that they're not all equally yummy, because they are. But the one's I've gotten at the Main Street Bakery have been different. Who knows.

I was very happy with the return time for TT. Definitely good for the busy time of year that we were there.

I think the recaps are going to stay. It was lots of fun for me to put together actually. And yes, the Yeti is always a handful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDisney121 View Post
Good update. That yet sure gets himself in some weird spots.
Yes, he does. The whole mission of the trip was "where can we put the Yeti?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Yay! Love the updates! Great shots of Epcot.
I definitely agree on the walking from the Poly to the TTC, my room was the last room in the building closest to the ttc, and it was awesome!! Such a short ride to MK/Epcot, heck yes! I love the ridiculous faces in the pictures too! Sometimes those just make moments the greatest!
That's awesome for the building you had at Poly! Our room was actually right between the TTC and the GCH, so I really liked the location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
I like the recap
Love Epcot, Yeti's updates are adorable. I actually took a yeti (a home made craft done by a friend of mine) to Europe and did things like that with him, he was another traveling yeti. Our friends all took turns with him when we were going places. It was fun
That's awesome you took a Yeti to Europe. I'm thinking about doing the same thing myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Um, I see absolutely NO reason why you shouldn't have had a chocolate croissant every day!!!

Hahaha the walk from the Poly to the TTC IS very convenient when you get your directional confidence! Apparently we needed a navigator like you!

Good job scoring the TT FP's! Can't wait to hear more about your Epcot day!
Chocolate croissants everyday for everyone!

I am a good Disney navigator. For sure. I can get you anywhere you want to go without a map.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:54 PM   #182
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Aw, great update! Your and Farrell's face-making is pretty funny! I make ridiculous faces all the time, but they don't end up looking funny - I end up looking psychotic.

How were the lines that day? Seems like you're getting stuff done!

I'm loving your croissant every morning - mom and I split that at the MK bakery one morning and it was tasty tasty!

I ended up at the Poly on my solo trip for a moment; I'd never been there before, but I grabbed the monorail over to the MK. It was HUGE!! Wow! I couldn't believe how big it was!!!

I just saw your tickers, too! - maybe my/our trip will overlap with yours this time, as I think we're going 9/24 through 9/30. Then we can have a little dismeet.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2012, 11:54 PM   #183
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
Aw, great update! Your and Farrell's face-making is pretty funny! I make ridiculous faces all the time, but they don't end up looking funny - I end up looking psychotic.

How were the lines that day? Seems like you're getting stuff done!

I'm loving your croissant every morning - mom and I split that at the MK bakery one morning and it was tasty tasty!

I ended up at the Poly on my solo trip for a moment; I'd never been there before, but I grabbed the monorail over to the MK. It was HUGE!! Wow! I couldn't believe how big it was!!!

I just saw your tickers, too! - maybe my/our trip will overlap with yours this time, as I think we're going 9/24 through 9/30. Then we can have a little dismeet.
Haha, I'm glad that you think our faces look funny. Half the time I just think I look ridiculous.

The lines were kind of long, but we were able to get a few things done before lunch.

Poly is a big resort. It could be very easy to get turned around for sure.

Right now, we don't have a definite time for our F&W trip. I think we're going in October, but I'm not entirely sure yet. I'll definitely let you know though if our trips end up overlapping!

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 02-14-2012, 08:45 PM   #184
librarymouse
Mouseketeer

Just got caught up on your TR so far...oh my gosh, you had me laughing out loud! Literally, I LOL'd. The "driving miss daisy" reference and "gibbon arms" really got me.

Love the Yeti updates too...I have a Yeti that is basically a giant puff ball. They make good pets.

Can't wait to read more!
Old 02-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #185
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarymouse View Post
Just got caught up on your TR so far...oh my gosh, you had me laughing out loud! Literally, I LOL'd. The "driving miss daisy" reference and "gibbon arms" really got me.

Love the Yeti updates too...I have a Yeti that is basically a giant puff ball. They make good pets.

Can't wait to read more!
Welcome aboard! Glad that I could give you a laugh about everything.

I love the Yeti, and the giant puff ball one is adorable.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 02-14-2012, 10:52 PM   #186
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Always a good idea to get a little sleep in every once in awhile...even on vacation. Sounds like a great early afternoon at Epcot. And how could anyone NOT like Nemo? One of my favorite attractions...just makes you happy.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:29 PM   #187
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Always a good idea to get a little sleep in every once in awhile...even on vacation. Sounds like a great early afternoon at Epcot. And how could anyone NOT like Nemo? One of my favorite attractions...just makes you happy.
I could not agree more. You need a couple of sleep in days for sure. Keeps you well rested and ready for everything I think. If not, then definitely a midday siesta.

I love Nemo. You're right, it just makes you happy and it makes me smile for sure.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 02-15-2012, 01:25 PM   #188
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

NYE looked like a blast! I would never think of going to WDW over NYE but man, I think you changed my mind. I don't like that they closed the drink stations down early. I mean, hello! It's NYE people! Get with it!

Just as another poster posted, I think i'm going to have to buy a little mascot of my own for our trip. I love the idea of the little mini-TR of the Yeti! So fun!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Starting the New Year off right!...at WDW January 2015 PTR
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Old 02-15-2012, 01:31 PM   #189
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
NYE looked like a blast! I would never think of going to WDW over NYE but man, I think you changed my mind. I don't like that they closed the drink stations down early. I mean, hello! It's NYE people! Get with it!

Just as another poster posted, I think i'm going to have to buy a little mascot of my own for our trip. I love the idea of the little mini-TR of the Yeti! So fun!
I was a little disappointed that they closed the drink stations so early. It was kind of like "oh". I would have expected they'd be open a little longer, but it was like a hard stop almost immediately after the fireworks were done. So, the key is that you just have to get all you want before then. But I recommend going, it's a ton of fun.

Mascot's make the trip lots of fun. It's like "what can we do with him now?"

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 02-15-2012, 08:26 PM   #190
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Once again, I'm behind! Looks like you girls had a blast on NYE!! Wish I would have joined you!!
Old 02-15-2012, 08:32 PM   #191
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

NYE looks awesome! One of my favorite Disney memories is the time I spent NYE at DHS. I love those fireworks.

Good decision sleeping in the next day. Have you ever had a chocolate croissant from Starring Rolls? I tried one once, but I didn't like it much and haven't had one since, but the pictures of your chocolate croissants look really good.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:24 PM   #192
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Once again, I'm behind! Looks like you girls had a blast on NYE!! Wish I would have joined you!!
That would have been awesome if you guys came along! It was so much fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateKate View Post
NYE looks awesome! One of my favorite Disney memories is the time I spent NYE at DHS. I love those fireworks.

Good decision sleeping in the next day. Have you ever had a chocolate croissant from Starring Rolls? I tried one once, but I didn't like it much and haven't had one since, but the pictures of your chocolate croissants look really good.
The fireworks are pretty awesome there. It was just all over the place.

I haven't had the chocolate croissant from Starring Rolls. The ones from Captain Cook's were a little different than the ones that I normally have, but they were good. I typically go to the Main Street Bakery.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 02-16-2012, 06:18 AM   #193
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

So I was a few updates behind, but it fun to read them all at once. NYE sounds like it was a fun night!

Makes me miss the good ol' days of Pleasure Island and walking from club to club with my big old bucket pail drink.

Oh Yeti. You and your shenanigans.

oh, and I found a pic online just for you my friend.....

despite the fact that it would have made more sense for me to try to emulate DeeDee, I was always trying to be Tiffany. And forget that I was also tone deaf.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:56 PM   #194
kimbo0569
DIS Veteran

Just happened across your TR's (read this one and "Wait, What? We ordered four pitchers, not five"). Love the fact that you can travel so well with your brother. My brother and I, sadly, would not make it past the first day.

Love the fact that you spent New Years Eve at DHS with your BFF. I spent one NYE with a good friend of mine back in 1995 and I swear, it was one of the best NYE ever!!!!! Would love to take my kids there someday.

Your yeti reports are hilarious!

CBR - 1992/1993/1995/1997
1999 - GF - honeymoon
2000 -daytrip Epcot- F&W Festival 2001 POFQ 2003 -oldest dd's first day trip to MK/ dinner at OHana
2004 POR
2008 POR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1996562My first TR!
2013 CSR/Food & Wine Anniversary trip
Old 02-16-2012, 09:39 PM   #195
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
So I was a few updates behind, but it fun to read them all at once. NYE sounds like it was a fun night!

Makes me miss the good ol' days of Pleasure Island and walking from club to club with my big old bucket pail drink.

Oh Yeti. You and your shenanigans.

oh, and I found a pic online just for you my friend.....

despite the fact that it would have made more sense for me to try to emulate DeeDee, I was always trying to be Tiffany. And forget that I was also tone deaf.
I miss Pleasure Island so badly! I used to love going there and I was one of the many who mourned the loss of it greatly.

LOVE that picture! Man, I gotta get on YouTube now and get their stuff pulled up. And don't worry. You can still rock out if you're tone deaf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo0569 View Post
Just happened across your TR's (read this one and "Wait, What? We ordered four pitchers, not five"). Love the fact that you can travel so well with your brother. My brother and I, sadly, would not make it past the first day.

Love the fact that you spent New Years Eve at DHS with your BFF. I spent one NYE with a good friend of mine back in 1995 and I swear, it was one of the best NYE ever!!!!! Would love to take my kids there someday.

Your yeti reports are hilarious!

I'm very fortunate that I have a great brother and that he and I get along so well. We actually work together too, and people ask us all the time how we do it.

This is actually the second NYE that Farrell and I have spent together out of town. One year we were in Vegas, which was crazy!

The Yeti is very fun to document. It's just a matter of how silly we can be.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: