Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #166
MEK
DIS Veteran

Another great update! I think I'm getting my own Yeti for my next trip! Great mascot!

I loved your recaps. I just love that picture on EE - Priceless! Your simba PP pic is cute too, no matter what you think.

Way to score a TT FP for 4pm.

Lunch? Hmmmmmmm - for a newb - I'm thinking Le Cellier only because that's where I taking my newb guests this summer!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #167
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Another great update! I think I'm getting my own Yeti for my next trip! Great mascot!

I loved your recaps. I just love that picture on EE - Priceless! Your simba PP pic is cute too, no matter what you think.

Way to score a TT FP for 4pm.

Lunch? Hmmmmmmm - for a newb - I'm thinking Le Cellier only because that's where I taking my newb guests this summer!
I love mascots! Yeti just kind of happened and he's now grown into something that I have to keep up with. But I'm afraid that I'm going to run out of things for him to do.

You'll have to wait and see about lunch. I don't always do what's expected. Clearly.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2012, 05:18 PM   #169
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Sleeping in after the night you guys had was probably the best option!

OMG the Poly is so beautiful. I need to stay there!

Yay, Epcot!

Quote:
Such an Epcot picture. I know you'll love this Jen!
I don't know if the Jen you're talking to is me, but I LOVE that Epcot-y picture! I always take a picture of those things, always! I love that Fountain of Nations picture too! Ahhhh, I can't wait to be back in Epcot!

Aww, Nemo, it's always so much fun, although I'm not gonna lie-the Big, Blue World song kind of makes me depressed.

Haha, love the Yeti's adventures! I want one! I always think about bringing a mascot with me on my trips, but I have a hard enough time taking TR notes that a mascot seems like it would be a pain for me!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 02-13-2012, 05:19 PM   #170
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

ps-I just looked at your million new tickers! What weekend are you going for Food and Wine?

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 02-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #171
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

First of all, I totally know how you feel about bringing a newb - believe it or not, Tom had never been to Disney and the first time we went together, I was so nervous about him liking it the whole time!

Secondly, the reason why Farrell was reminded of the Bellagio is because the person who designed the Fountain of Nations ALSO did the one in Las Vegas!
Old 02-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #172
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I loved your recap! It's a good way to remind us what happened... which is basically what a recap is supposed to do... SO YAY!

I'm glad Farrell's muffin was very exciting. Who wants a boring muffin? Not I.

Oh no... Bruce strikes again. I swear, I've seen too many good people get eaten by him.

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 02-13-2012, 06:15 PM   #173
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Love the recap...great idea.

I remember when we used to stay at the Poly my youngest sister (who was pretty little when we stayed there) loved the monorail so much she didn't want to walk to the TTC.

I also really enjoy Nemo...it's definitely my favorite Pixar movie!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 02-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #174
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Loved you NYE post. HS looked like so much fun on NYE. And who knew black lace was so versatile ?? I mean you can go from underwear, party clothes and Victorian mourning garb. Not necessarily in that order.

Loving your TR as usual.
You're right! Black lace is super versatile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Sleeping in after the night you guys had was probably the best option!

OMG the Poly is so beautiful. I need to stay there!

Yay, Epcot!

I don't know if the Jen you're talking to is me, but I LOVE that Epcot-y picture! I always take a picture of those things, always! I love that Fountain of Nations picture too! Ahhhh, I can't wait to be back in Epcot!

Aww, Nemo, it's always so much fun, although I'm not gonna lie-the Big, Blue World song kind of makes me depressed.

Haha, love the Yeti's adventures! I want one! I always think about bringing a mascot with me on my trips, but I have a hard enough time taking TR notes that a mascot seems like it would be a pain for me!
You definitely need to stay at the Poly if you ever get the opportunity. Beautiful resort for sure.

It was you I was thinking of! LOL. I probably should have mentioned that. Whoops. Fail.

My TR notes are never a problem, because I have a really good memory and I do it all electronically because I type so much faster than I write. Plus, I take tons of pictures, so it always creates a narrative for me. When something really funny happens, I use my phone to take the note of it too. Mascot's are tons of fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
ps-I just looked at your million new tickers! What weekend are you going for Food and Wine?
I know, there are a lot of them, aren't they? Some of them are moving targets, but I figure a ticker makes it kind of real, right? F&W I'm not sure about yet. It depends on some timing for work, but we're aiming for 10/10-10/14. But that can definitely change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
First of all, I totally know how you feel about bringing a newb - believe it or not, Tom had never been to Disney and the first time we went together, I was so nervous about him liking it the whole time!

Secondly, the reason why Farrell was reminded of the Bellagio is because the person who designed the Fountain of Nations ALSO did the one in Las Vegas!
It's nerve wracking, isn't it?! I think because we like it so much and we're nervous if someone else doesn't.

I had no idea about that! You always learn something new, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I loved your recap! It's a good way to remind us what happened... which is basically what a recap is supposed to do... SO YAY!

I'm glad Farrell's muffin was very exciting. Who wants a boring muffin? Not I.

Oh no... Bruce strikes again. I swear, I've seen too many good people get eaten by him.
Haha, glad you liked the recap. I've never done that before, so I figured I would give it a try.

I don't like any boring food!

Bruce gets all the good people, I know. I don't know why he's so enticing.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:17 PM   #175
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Love the recap...great idea.

I remember when we used to stay at the Poly my youngest sister (who was pretty little when we stayed there) loved the monorail so much she didn't want to walk to the TTC.

I also really enjoy Nemo...it's definitely my favorite Pixar movie!
I only ever stayed there as pretty much an adult, so the walk was never a problem for me. But I could imagine that if I was little, I would have always wanted to ride the monorail too, because I LOVED the monorail!
Old 02-13-2012, 06:43 PM   #176
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Great slow start to the day! The chocolate croissants look so good! I had one at Starring Rolls (not sure how similar the two are) and it was awesome! I plan to eat one in March!

I agree on the FP return time to TT...especially considering it was a major holiday! And Mouse Gears is my favorite! I almost enjoy it more than World of Disney. Maybe because I get so turned around in WOD and it is always so crowded!

I like the recap! I tried doing something similar because I know when I read TRs and a day ends I can't remember what all happened that day!

That Yeti...he was a handful wasn't he!
Old 02-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #177
MissDisney121
DIS Veteran

Good update. That yet sure gets himself in some weird spots.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:02 PM   #178
katt789
DIS Veteran

Yay! Love the updates! Great shots of Epcot.
I definitely agree on the walking from the Poly to the TTC, my room was the last room in the building closest to the ttc, and it was awesome!! Such a short ride to MK/Epcot, heck yes! I love the ridiculous faces in the pictures too! Sometimes those just make moments the greatest!

Instagram:Katt789
Twitter: KattWy

Old 02-13-2012, 07:10 PM   #179
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

I like the recap
Love Epcot, Yeti's updates are adorable. I actually took a yeti (a home made craft done by a friend of mine) to Europe and did things like that with him, he was another traveling yeti. Our friends all took turns with him when we were going places. It was fun
Old 02-13-2012, 07:24 PM   #180
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Um, I see absolutely NO reason why you shouldn't have had a chocolate croissant every day!!!

Hahaha the walk from the Poly to the TTC IS very convenient when you get your directional confidence! Apparently we needed a navigator like you!

Good job scoring the TT FP's! Can't wait to hear more about your Epcot day!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: