Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2012, 11:48 PM   #106
In Luv with Disney
DIS Veteran

I'll follow along!

Not only am I a DVC Member, but I will also be at WDW the same time as you (staying at BLT) AND we will be on the same 5-night Dream Cruise, too!!

***PROUD BLT, & AKV DVC OWNER!!***

30 WALT DISNEY WORLD TRIPS SINCE 1997!!!
Disney Cruises...
Feb 2010 Disney Wonder - 4 Night Bahamas

Mar 2011 Disney Magic - 7 Night Western Caribbean
April 10, 2012 Disney Dream - 5 Night Double Dip
August 10, 2012 Disney Magic - 2 Night Cruise to Nowhere from NY
January 10, 2013 Disney Dream - 3 Night DVC Member Cruise
March 23, 2013 Disney Fantasy - 7 Night Eastern Caribbean with San Juan and St. Thomas
Coming Soon...
February 14, 2015 Disney Fantasy - 7 Night Eastern Caribbean with San Juan and St. Maarten
In Luv with Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:15 AM   #107
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Luv with Disney View Post
I'll follow along!

Not only am I a DVC Member, but I will also be at WDW the same time as you (staying at BLT) AND we will be on the same 5-night Dream Cruise, too!!
YAY !!! Sooo exciting !! We want to stay at BLT over Thanksgiving. We have booked at SSR, but at the 7 month window will try for BLT. And yay that you will be on our cruise. I know you are just as excited as we are !!

Did you join the Fish Extender group ?? Did you book any excursions?? Tell me about your plans !!
jecskc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2012, 08:56 AM   #108
In Luv with Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
YAY !!! Sooo exciting !! We want to stay at BLT over Thanksgiving. We have booked at SSR, but at the 7 month window will try for BLT. And yay that you will be on our cruise. I know you are just as excited as we are !!

Did you join the Fish Extender group ?? Did you book any excursions?? Tell me about your plans !!
Yes, I am so excited!!! We have stayed at BLT before, but I'm really looking forward to 3 nights in the MK view 1 bedroom! And we have sailed DCL before, but only on the Magic and the Wonder. Can't wait to experience the Dream!

Yes, I am involved in the Fish Extender. I'm in Group 2, I think you're in Group 1. I hope we have a Meet when we get on the ship.

I only booked excursions at Castaway Cay...Stingray Encounter and Glass Bottom Boat. The Stingray Encounter is on Castaway Day 2. We also booked Palo for dinner and brunch.

I've done the Dolphin Encounter at Atlantis and it us amazing. Have you looked into Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter on your own, without booking through DCL?

***PROUD BLT, & AKV DVC OWNER!!***

30 WALT DISNEY WORLD TRIPS SINCE 1997!!!
Disney Cruises...
Feb 2010 Disney Wonder - 4 Night Bahamas

Mar 2011 Disney Magic - 7 Night Western Caribbean
April 10, 2012 Disney Dream - 5 Night Double Dip
August 10, 2012 Disney Magic - 2 Night Cruise to Nowhere from NY
January 10, 2013 Disney Dream - 3 Night DVC Member Cruise
March 23, 2013 Disney Fantasy - 7 Night Eastern Caribbean with San Juan and St. Thomas
Coming Soon...
February 14, 2015 Disney Fantasy - 7 Night Eastern Caribbean with San Juan and St. Maarten
In Luv with Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #109
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Luv with Disney View Post
Yes, I am so excited!!! We have stayed at BLT before, but I'm really looking forward to 3 nights in the MK view 1 bedroom! And we have sailed DCL before, but only on the Magic and the Wonder. Can't wait to experience the Dream!

Yes, I am involved in the Fish Extender. I'm in Group 2, I think you're in Group 1. I hope we have a Meet when we get on the ship.

I only booked excursions at Castaway Cay...Stingray Encounter and Glass Bottom Boat. The Stingray Encounter is on Castaway Day 2. We also booked Palo for dinner and brunch.

I've done the Dolphin Encounter at Atlantis and it us amazing. Have you looked into Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter on your own, without booking through DCL?
We would love MK view, too, but don't want to use up all of our points on one week, so we are opting for standard view. We will have a 1BR though.

This is our VERY first cruise and April 10th can't get here fast enough !!

Yay on the fish extender group. Have you done the fish extender thingy before ?? I wonder who came up with the idea originally. What a great one !!

We are doing the Stingray Excursion and Palo for dinner.

I WILL look into that !! I thought you had to book through DCL ... ah, the things you learn on the DIS ...

Thanks so much !!

Oh, and I hope they do a DISmeet, too. Is that something they would lost on our FE thread ?? Keep me posted if you hear of anything !!

Last edited by jecskc; 02-08-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #110
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Disney Mail !!

So I work part time and every day I get to leave the office at 2:00 PM. And I get to be home when the kids get off the school bus. I am thankful for this on a daily basis. I know how lucky I am, believe me. I really enjoy my job and the people I work with and I love the flexibility that I have with it. It earns us an extra $3,000 or so a month and helps fund my expensive Disney habit. If we really cut corners, I could do without my job, but I find that it all works out so well for all of the parties involved and wouldn't dream of quitting. Well, if we won the lottery or something I would-you know what I mean.

It is the habit of the children to get the mail out of the mailbox for me when they get off the bus. I could get it myself when I get home, but they seem to enjoy it, I let them get it.

Today, they came through the door shouting, "Momma!! Disney Mail!!" It is always good to get Disney Mail!!

It is just the cruise DVD that I ordered, but it will be something fun for us all to watch together tonight. Turns out no one has tennis or work or anything planned tonight so we will all be home.

I just thought I would share ...
Old 02-08-2012, 03:28 PM   #111
KatMark
DIS Veteran

for Disney mail. Have fun watching the DVD.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:18 PM   #113
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Aw, how cute. Any kind of Disney mail is good! I love getting those planning DVDs, they're a lot of fun.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:59 PM   #114
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Yay Disney mail!!!! I love those planning DVD's, they're so fun to watch!!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #115
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Aw, how cute. Any kind of Disney mail is good! I love getting those planning DVDs, they're a lot of fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
We watched it twice already. And I have to say we are SUPER pumped after watching it. It is all we talked about all night. I have the disboards to keep me excited and I talk about the trip all of the time. But DH and the kids were really pumped after they saw the video. It was a fun DVD.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:14 PM   #116
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
We watched it twice already. And I have to say we are SUPER pumped after watching it. It is all we talked about all night. I have the disboards to keep me excited and I talk about the trip all of the time. But DH and the kids were really pumped after they saw the video. It was a fun DVD.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:27 PM   #117
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
So it is a generic video about Disney cruises in general, or does have some general info, and let you choose your itinerary from a menu for more specific information about the type of cruises you can take?

I needs more info on this whole Alaska thing. My mom really wants to do it.
Pixie Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:55 PM   #118
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
So it is a generic video about Disney cruises in general, or does have some general info, and let you choose your itinerary from a menu for more specific information about the type of cruises you can take?

I needs more info on this whole Alaska thing. My mom really wants to do it.
It is pretty general cruise stuff. They did have a section on Alaska which we were very interested in. It was pretty cool. It is really just an advertisement video that tells you how much fun you are going to have. You can order the cruise DVD for free. Also, there are trip reports on the Cruise line thread that are about the Alaska cruises.

I would so love to do this with you and see your mom again. Let me know if you are looking at any dates in particular.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:02 PM   #120
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Ugh I'm sorry the fabric doesn't seem like it's working out for you! Have you checked out Joann's? I just looked on their website, and I didn't see any fabrics exactly like what you had found, but they do have a few with Mickey, and a bunch of other character ones too! (A bunch of Little Mermaid stuff, which could be appropriate for the cruise!)

Here's the link to what I found: http://www.joann.com/fabric/licensed...age=1&psize=48
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: