Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #106
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmorgan View Post
I just wanted to give a quick review of the Ocean Discoveries class we did this week at Epcot. I took oldest DD to the class (she turned 8 on the trip), and there were 7 students total. The class seemed really young. We were able to get tickets for our whole family (5 tickets total) and had to pay for our tickets when we registered. We picked them up at the T & T center. I forgot my confirmation paper at the hotel and they were very nice about finding them for me. You do need the original CC and a photo ID for the main contact person.

The class started at 8:30 and all of it was at the Seas building. Our instructor seemed very passionate about conservation and we did a lot of cute activities. A couple of the activities were a little boring and seemed to go over the heads of most of the students. We rode Nemo once and saw the fish feeding at the aquarium. I think the class was a tad too long. It felt like they were just reaching for something to talk about towards the end. Overall my DD enjoyed the class and found it informative. There were a lot of shy kids in the class, so mostly the same kids answered all the questions. It was well worth the savings and we'd like to try another class soon.

Thank you for this review, this sounds like a class my oldest kids would enjoy. I am definitely interested in the YES program and will look into it for our next trip as we are also considering staying offsite in a condo.
2Pirates2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:47 PM   #107
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by torinsmom View Post
I would think you and your DH and the child taking the class would be the only ones who could get the YES tickets. If you can convince your DS16 to take the class, you could get 2 more and just have to pay for Grandma's.
I wonder why it says you can get tickets for the immediate family then. What is the ratio of class taker(s) to the amount of tickets you can buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzolkin View Post
Hmmm... In a response email I got, the CM said that tickets must be purchased during registration. (I took that to mean I had to provide my CC # on the registration form.) She didn't say anything about payment being due 6 weeks prior to the class.
Like I said, the CM I talked with didnt seem too knowledgeable. I was really hoping we didnt have pay in full right then. Can anyone confirm how and when you actually pay for the tickets.
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(6)
Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2012, 07:03 PM   #108
goofydad99
It's goofydad's wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post

Like I said, the CM I talked with didnt seem too knowledgeable. I was really hoping we didnt have pay in full right then. Can anyone confirm how and when you actually pay for the tickets.
You have to pay for all the tickets you are purchasing when you register your student/child.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:03 PM   #109
chellewashere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When you register for the classes - once they are available - you have to pay for them with a CC at the time of booking it. You cant use gift cards and the tickets are then non-transferable and non-refundable.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:22 PM   #110
Tbella
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I just wanted to give a quick review of the Ocean Discoveries class we did this week at Epcot. I took oldest DD to the class (she turned 8 on the trip), and there were 7 students total. The class seemed really young. We were able to get tickets for our whole family (5 tickets total) and had to pay for our tickets when we registered. We picked them up at the T & T center. I forgot my confirmation paper at the hotel and they were very nice about finding them for me. You do need the original CC and a photo ID for the main contact person.

The class started at 8:30 and all of it was at the Seas building. Our instructor seemed very passionate about conservation and we did a lot of cute activities. A couple of the activities were a little boring and seemed to go over the heads of most of the students. We rode Nemo once and saw the fish feeding at the aquarium. I think the class was a tad too long. It felt like they were just reaching for something to talk about towards the end. Overall my DD enjoyed the class and found it informative. There were a lot of shy kids in the class, so mostly the same kids answered all the questions. It was well worth the savings and we'd like to try another class soon.
Did the class include any experiments, fish feeding, other hands on activity?
Old 01-25-2012, 09:34 PM   #111
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbella View Post
Did the class include any experiments, fish feeding, other hands on activity?
We didn't actually get to feed the fish; we just watched the divers do it. The activities were more object lessons. There were hands on activities, but we didn't get to touch any fish or get close to them. We went backstage to a room for one activity.

www.theadultsideofdisney.com

Aquí se puede encontrar mis blog posts acerca de Disney en español- www.theadultsideofdisney.com/en-espanol/
princessmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:38 PM   #112
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I wonder why it says you can get tickets for the immediate family then. What is the ratio of class taker(s) to the amount of tickets you can buy?

We were able to purchase tickets for our whole family and only one of my DD's did a class. (So we bought tickets for 2 adults and 3 children). Last year we could buy tickets for grandparents, but not this year. Also you do have to pay for tickets immediately when you register with a CC.

Aquí se puede encontrar mis blog posts acerca de Disney en español- www.theadultsideofdisney.com/en-espanol/
Old 01-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #113
3suns
Earning My Ears

We're going the first week in June, so no YES Program for us. May be we'll just extend our vacation by a week!
3suns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:33 PM   #114
tlh0726
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMHDad View Post
We were actually thinking the same thing. Dont know if its a pipe dream or not. dw 7 ds5 will be in MK in the morning of a planned epcot day. After the class we were going to monorail it to epcot. However, I had the thought of, what if I could get dw & ds5's tickets and take ds2 over early. And line up a couple of fp for later use.
Scanning the ticket at MK and trying to use it at epcot for fast passes will not work. The other poster will be scanning the ticket to enter the park and then handing them to someone who will be entering that same park.

Apr 2014 Offsite, Aug 2013 Pop Century, Apr 2013 Fort Wilderness, Nov 2012 Pop Century, June 2012 Fort Wilderness, Mar 2012 Offsite,
Aug 2011 Offsite, Apr 2011 Pop Century, Oct 2010 Pop Century, Apr 2010 Fort Wilderness, Mar 2009 Pop Century, June 1997 Offsite, Dec 1996 Offsite
tlh0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:37 PM   #115
tlh0726
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You can sign up a maximum of 6 children and 4 adults. The adults cannot be more than the number of children except in the case of 1 child, it will allow you to enter 2 adults. Only 1 adult can attend the class regardless of the amount of children taking that class.

Apr 2014 Offsite, Aug 2013 Pop Century, Apr 2013 Fort Wilderness, Nov 2012 Pop Century, June 2012 Fort Wilderness, Mar 2012 Offsite,
Aug 2011 Offsite, Apr 2011 Pop Century, Oct 2010 Pop Century, Apr 2010 Fort Wilderness, Mar 2009 Pop Century, June 1997 Offsite, Dec 1996 Offsite
Old 01-25-2012, 11:45 PM   #116
tlh0726
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMHDad View Post
An interesting questions was just mentioned. It doesn't apply to us this year. However, it will next year.

Next year we will sign our ds6 up for a close. However, our ds3 will be too old to be free and too young take a class. Will we have to pay full price for a ticket or is the YES program understanding of that situation. I completely understand limiting to prevent abuse by having several adults get tickets to accompany 1 child. I can understand not including adult aged children. However, what if the youngest child falls into that 3-4 age range? This happened to anyone since the rules changed?
You can purchase a ticket for youngest child

Old 01-26-2012, 06:51 AM   #117
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofydad99 View Post
You have to pay for all the tickets you are purchasing when you register your student/child.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chellewashere View Post
When you register for the classes - once they are available - you have to pay for them with a CC at the time of booking it. You cant use gift cards and the tickets are then non-transferable and non-refundable.
Quote:
We were able to purchase tickets for our whole family and only one of my DD's did a class. (So we bought tickets for 2 adults and 3 children). Last year we could buy tickets for grandparents, but not this year. Also you do have to pay for tickets immediately when you register with a CC.
Thanks everyone for confirming you pay when you sign up I didnt feel like the CM was correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlh0726 View Post
You can sign up a maximum of 6 children and 4 adults. The adults cannot be more than the number of children except in the case of 1 child, it will allow you to enter 2 adults. Only 1 adult can attend the class regardless of the amount of children taking that class.
I am not concerned about the amount of children I can register....I have one that wants to take a class...but I am not sure how many tickets I can purchase for the rest of our family from her registration.
If I have the one child registered for the class, and a parent registered for the class...I still have DH, DS16 and DD3 that I want to buy tickets for at the discounted price. A Previous Poster indicated I could only get 2A and 1C (thats in the class) if I registered this way. Do I have to have DS take a class to get tickets for the whole family?
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(6)
Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:34 AM   #118
melk
DIS Veteran
Have you seen my DD's "crappy" (aka capri) pants??
In need of a good sippy cup
Psyched DVC Owner

Quote:

Thanks for the review. My youngest is doing this class in two weeks. Did you receive any other type of confirmation before your trip? All I have is my printed confirmation from when I booked it but I was wondering if we will get anything to let us know the class has enough kids and will be held. Thanks!
melk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:33 AM   #119
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by melk View Post
Thanks for the review. My youngest is doing this class in two weeks. Did you receive any other type of confirmation before your trip? All I have is my printed confirmation from when I booked it but I was wondering if we will get anything to let us know the class has enough kids and will be held. Thanks!
Yes, I received an email confirmation about a week before the class saying that we were confirmed for the class.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #120
melk
DIS Veteran
Have you seen my DD's "crappy" (aka capri) pants??
In need of a good sippy cup
Psyched DVC Owner

Quote:
Yes, I received an email confirmation about a week before the class saying that we were confirmed for the class.
Thanks, I will keep an eye out for it .
melk is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: