Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2012, 10:23 PM   #91
Lucky'sMom
DIS Veteran

Family of 7, 2 parents, 5 kids. So if 4 kids are YES participants, I can purchase 3 more tickets? Will the system let me purchase a ticket for DS19 since I do have more partipants than extra tickets? Will DD12 need a parent to attend if she has 3 older siblings there? Thanks!

2014-June, Windsor Hills pool home and HRH; 2012-July, RPR and Reunion resort pool home; May,Marriott's Grande Vista; 2011 -Jan: CSR; May: CBR; 2009 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek Presidential Suite!; 2008 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek and RPR; 2007 - POR, Wonder Cruise, BWV; 2006 - Springhill Suites, UO and PBH, Nick Hotel; 2005 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins; 2003 - Poly, OKW, AsMo; 2002 - UO and RPR; 2001 - Sheraton Vistana Villages; 2000 - Holiday Inn Family Suites, ASMu; 1996 - Swan; 1995 - Swan, ASSp, ASMu; 1994 - POFQ
Lucky'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:12 AM   #92
torinsmom
I have someone coming to scoop
I don't know how a man could wear them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky'sMom View Post
Family of 7, 2 parents, 5 kids. So if 4 kids are YES participants, I can purchase 3 more tickets? Will the system let me purchase a ticket for DS19 since I do have more partipants than extra tickets? Will DD12 need a parent to attend if she has 3 older siblings there? Thanks!
Yes, you ca purchase for up to 4 other immediate family members, since 4 kids are participating. If any of the kids are under 13, or maybe 13 or under(I can't remember which), they need an adult chaperone.
August 3-11, 2008--Pop Century Grand Gathering
July 6-13, 2009--Universal Studios
June 16-25 2010--Universal AND Disney for 10 days (Emerald Island)
August 10-20 2011--Universal and Disney(Indian Creek)
July 6-14 2012--Universal and Disney--doing YES again!
July 14-21 2013--Universal and Disney with family
torinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2012, 08:04 AM   #93
Lucky'sMom
DIS Veteran

When you enter a park do to the YES program, do they scan your ticket? I was wondering if I would be able to then pass back those scanned tickets to DH so when he enters Epcot at 9am opening, he is able to get our Soarin FPs. That is our only Epcot day, so I hate to miss out on getting those early FPs. Also, will a ticket booth be open at say, 7:30, when the program starts, because our program date is actually our first park day? If not, where else on property can I pick up our passes besides at the parks?

Thanks a bunch!

2014-June, Windsor Hills pool home and HRH; 2012-July, RPR and Reunion resort pool home; May,Marriott's Grande Vista; 2011 -Jan: CSR; May: CBR; 2009 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek Presidential Suite!; 2008 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek and RPR; 2007 - POR, Wonder Cruise, BWV; 2006 - Springhill Suites, UO and PBH, Nick Hotel; 2005 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins; 2003 - Poly, OKW, AsMo; 2002 - UO and RPR; 2001 - Sheraton Vistana Villages; 2000 - Holiday Inn Family Suites, ASMu; 1996 - Swan; 1995 - Swan, ASSp, ASMu; 1994 - POFQ
Old 01-25-2012, 10:12 AM   #94
EMHDad
DIS Veteran

An interesting questions was just mentioned. It doesn't apply to us this year. However, it will next year.

Next year we will sign our ds6 up for a close. However, our ds3 will be too old to be free and too young take a class. Will we have to pay full price for a ticket or is the YES program understanding of that situation. I completely understand limiting to prevent abuse by having several adults get tickets to accompany 1 child. I can understand not including adult aged children. However, what if the youngest child falls into that 3-4 age range? This happened to anyone since the rules changed?

Check it out. Leave A Comment. Hope it helps you to have a Magical Day!

*7/2009 - Offsite 7 Day Disney Vacation: First Family Disney Vacation (DS3yo, DW 8 months pregnant)
*9/2010 - Offsite 3 Day Disney Vacation (DS4yo, DS1yo)
*10/2011 - MNSSHP: One night of Disney (DS5yo, DS2yo)
*6/2012 - Offsite 8 Day Disney Vacation (DS5yo, DS2yo)

EMHDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:20 AM   #95
EMHDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When you enter a park do to the YES program, do they scan your ticket? I was wondering if I would be able to then pass back those scanned tickets to DH so when he enters Epcot at 9am opening, he is able to get our Soarin FPs. That is our only Epcot day, so I hate to miss out on getting those early FPs. Also, will a ticket booth be open at say, 7:30, when the program starts, because our program date is actually our first park day? If not, where else on property can I pick up our passes besides at the parks?

Thanks a bunch!
We were actually thinking the same thing. Dont know if its a pipe dream or not. dw 7 ds5 will be in MK in the morning of a planned epcot day. After the class we were going to monorail it to epcot. However, I had the thought of, what if I could get dw & ds5's tickets and take ds2 over early. And line up a couple of fp for later use.

Check it out. Leave A Comment. Hope it helps you to have a Magical Day!

*7/2009 - Offsite 7 Day Disney Vacation: First Family Disney Vacation (DS3yo, DW 8 months pregnant)
*9/2010 - Offsite 3 Day Disney Vacation (DS4yo, DS1yo)
*10/2011 - MNSSHP: One night of Disney (DS5yo, DS2yo)
*6/2012 - Offsite 8 Day Disney Vacation (DS5yo, DS2yo)

EMHDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:39 AM   #96
chellewashere
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks a bunch!
They do scan them, but we were able to hand our tickets off to my DH and he went and got all our fast passes for us then we just met back up after the class,

Not sure on the open booth question we had ours mailed last year
Old 01-25-2012, 12:37 PM   #97
Lucky'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellewashere View Post
They do scan them, but we were able to hand our tickets off to my DH and he went and got all our fast passes for us then we just met back up after the class,

Not sure on the open booth question we had ours mailed last year
Thank you, I didn't realize you could have them mailed. That will work!

Old 01-25-2012, 02:15 PM   #98
chellewashere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you, I didn't realize you could have them mailed. That will work!
I think that ended last year. Im pretty sure with the new policies that you have to pick them up now
Old 01-25-2012, 02:29 PM   #99
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

Subscribing to this thread. I'm watching and waiting for October registration to open. Dd did the nature program at AK last year and it was awesome. If we can get in another program we can go again this October .
2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
100AcreWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:04 PM   #100
torinsmom

Quote:

Thanks a bunch!
We did this when our boys took their class. We just told the CM what we wanted to do and they handed them back over the turnstile after they were scanned. We collected a few FPs while they were in the class.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:07 PM   #101
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Im am interested in the YES program for our October trip. It will be me, DH, DS16, DD13, DD4 and my mom. It looks like grandma wont be able to get a ticket.
If my dd13 is the only one taking a class, how many other tickets can we get? I thought I read that you could get them for all immediate family, but from previous posts, it looks like there is a limit. How do I find out how many we can get.
I called earlier and spoke with a CM (but didnt ask that question because I thought we could get them for the whole family) but she did say that they are expecting enrollement to open up the end of March or first of April for my timeframe.
She also said that the payment for the tickets would be due 6 weeks before travel. So I am assuming I would sign up when it opens up, but not pay any money till later?
She really didnt seem to have a good grasp of things and had to keep putting me on hold, so I thought I would clarify things with the Disers in the know
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(7)

Patiently (NOT) waiting for a new ticker

Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #102
torinsmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
Im am interested in the YES program for our October trip. It will be me, DH, DS16, DD13, DD4 and my mom. It looks like grandma wont be able to get a ticket.
If my dd13 is the only one taking a class, how many other tickets can we get? I thought I read that you could get them for all immediate family, but from previous posts, it looks like there is a limit. How do I find out how many we can get.
I called earlier and spoke with a CM (but didnt ask that question because I thought we could get them for the whole family) but she did say that they are expecting enrollement to open up the end of March or first of April for my timeframe.
She also said that the payment for the tickets would be due 6 weeks before travel. So I am assuming I would sign up when it opens up, but not pay any money till later?
She really didnt seem to have a good grasp of things and had to keep putting me on hold, so I thought I would clarify things with the Disers in the know
I would think you and your DH and the child taking the class would be the only ones who could get the YES tickets. If you can convince your DS16 to take the class, you could get 2 more and just have to pay for Grandma's.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:12 PM   #103
tzolkin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post

Hmmm... In a response email I got, the CM said that tickets must be purchased during registration. (I took that to mean I had to provide my CC # on the registration form.) She didn't say anything about payment being due 6 weeks prior to the class.
tzolkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:34 PM   #104
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to give a quick review of the Ocean Discoveries class we did this week at Epcot. I took oldest DD to the class (she turned 8 on the trip), and there were 7 students total. The class seemed really young. We were able to get tickets for our whole family (5 tickets total) and had to pay for our tickets when we registered. We picked them up at the T & T center. I forgot my confirmation paper at the hotel and they were very nice about finding them for me. You do need the original CC and a photo ID for the main contact person.

The class started at 8:30 and all of it was at the Seas building. Our instructor seemed very passionate about conservation and we did a lot of cute activities. A couple of the activities were a little boring and seemed to go over the heads of most of the students. We rode Nemo once and saw the fish feeding at the aquarium. I think the class was a tad too long. It felt like they were just reaching for something to talk about towards the end. Overall my DD enjoyed the class and found it informative. There were a lot of shy kids in the class, so mostly the same kids answered all the questions. It was well worth the savings and we'd like to try another class soon.

www.theadultsideofdisney.com

Aquí se puede encontrar mis blog posts acerca de Disney en español- www.theadultsideofdisney.com/en-espanol/
princessmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:27 PM   #105
indymom21
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMHDad View Post
we are going to (as soon as its available) sign up for the 5-8 yo 'How Things Move'. Does anyone know the approx. time it starts? I know its at the MK. ALso, this will be the 6/18 class. If there's no concrete answer yet, I understand. Just hoping there might be.

Does it start before the 9am opening? Right at 9am? Later in the morning? Afternoon?

Also, the description says 2.5-3 hours. I'm planning on it being 3 hours. Any suggestions or experience on length of time of the program?

Also, I have read the description, just just curious. Is anyone able to share a first hand experience of what the program is? What did you do? What were the activities? How did you like it?
The Jan/Feb 'How Things Move' classes started at 8:15 and lasted 2.5 hours. Those classes aren't listed on the YES site any more, but I jotted down the details several weeks ago when looking for classes for DS who will be 8 when we go. I'm guessing schedules will be similar. I don't have a first hand experience to share.

How Things Move - Magic Kingdom - 8:15 - 2.5 hrs (5-8)
Wild by Nature - Animal Kingdom - 8:30 - 3 hrs (7-14)
Ocean Discoveries - Epcot - 8:30 - 3 hrs (8-11)
Synergy in Science - Epcot - 8:45 - 3 hrs (6-11)
The American Story - Magic Kingdom - 7:15 - 3 hrs (8-11)
indymom21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: