Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2012, 08:05 AM   #736
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAN View Post
Two quick questions. I found out about the program recently, and my daughter and her friend are interested. It will be myself, DW, DD14, BFF15. Our original plan was that the girls would get standard PH tics and my wife and I would get DVC AP and add the TIW card to get the 20% off some meals -we plan on going back in May for a little anniversary trip, hence the AP's.

Would my wife and I need to purchase tickets through the YES program for ourselves as well as for the kids -or can we just order their tics and we can still buy the AP's as planned?

We'll be staying at BWV and I can't remember if their is a Guest Relations/Ticket window at the International Gateway to Epcot. I seem to remember that there is, but I never used it before ..could someone confirm? Assuming we sign up for the program I'm thinking this would be a convenient place to convert their tickets.
I think you can just buy the tickets for the girls(someone else will need to confirm for sure) and Internation Gateway does have a guest relations. We used it last year during our stay at BWV.

Last edited by lsenquiz; 03-18-2012 at 10:33 AM.
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:12 AM   #737
torinsmom
I have someone coming to scoop
I don't know how a man could wear them

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousetravel View Post
Thanks for the response! I was also wondering if the kids get some kind of certificate of participation, keepsake, or anything special to commemorate their "class"? I read on an older post that everyone recieved a sling bag with the Y.E.S. logo on it.
I don't remember that my son got anything, but I may just be blanking. The only class available for him and my nephews during the one week my sister could go was the Ocean Discoveries class and he was bored. I'm sure the class is fine, but it was ages 8-15 and he was 16(YES people said it was okay) and he also is not really interested in ocean animals. So glad he is going to the Properties of Motion one this year. He and his friend are really excited!

Quote:
Two quick questions. I found out about the program recently, and my daughter and her friend are interested. It will be myself, DW, DD14, BFF15. Our original plan was that the girls would get standard PH tics and my wife and I would get DVC AP and add the TIW card to get the 20% off some meals -we plan on going back in May for a little anniversary trip, hence the AP's.

Would my wife and I need to purchase tickets through the YES program for ourselves as well as for the kids -or can we just order their tics and we can still buy the AP's as planned?

We'll be staying at BWV and I can't remember if their is a Guest Relations/Ticket window at the International Gateway to Epcot. I seem to remember that there is, but I never used it before ..could someone confirm? Assuming we sign up for the program I'm thinking this would be a convenient place to convert their tickets.
Even though the kids don't need a chaperone, you have to sign up at least one adult when you register for YES and they have to get a ticket. Now, you don't have to get the SAME tickets for everyone, so you could just sign up one of you and get a one day ticket, if you are Florida residents. Otherwise, the shortest ticket is a 3 day base ticket.

I think I have read that you can only pick up tickets at the main entrance guest services at Epcot, but you could call YES to confirm that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adomville2 View Post
Thank you so much, lsenquiz, for responding!
I read that too, I just couldn't believe it!! I was hoping that was correct, and not just that they assumed you would be there no more than 14 days. You just made my day! So I'm guessing that the valid dates for the tickets are already "programmed" into the computer system, so the ticket counters will know if they are indeed valid?
Thanks again.
Angela
I guess it's in the computer. It will also be printed on the back of the ticket what days it is valid for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cburnett11 View Post
If a class starts at 715am but the park opens at 9am, does that mean that the adults (required to be in park, but not required to attend class) get/have to go in the park more than an hour earlier than it opens? If so, where would they be allowed to go to while the children are on the tour? Also, do buses run early enough to get to park for a 715am class? Thanks for any replies!!
No, it means you will be waiting outside the park until regular opening time. I scheduled a character breakfast for my friend and I that morning, so we can get in MK a little early.

I don't know how early the buses run, but I'm sure someone else does.
August 3-11, 2008--Pop Century Grand Gathering
July 6-13, 2009--Universal Studios
June 16-25 2010--Universal AND Disney for 10 days (Emerald Island)
August 10-20 2011--Universal and Disney(Indian Creek)
July 6-14 2012--Universal and Disney--doing YES again!
July 14-21 2013--Universal and Disney with family
torinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #738
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

Quote:

Depending on how many days you are going for in May, it may be cheaper for you to get the YES tickets for this trip and then just buy tickets outright for the May trip (especially if you go thru UT or some other discount ticket broker.) DVC members can get an TIW card now even without APs
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:55 AM   #739
huskies90
DIS Veteran

Anybody have any luck switching classes after siging up?

Can anyone comment on the Wild By Nature class and/or the Making Waves with a Marine Career class?
Dec 1977 Offsite - Jan 1990 Offsite - Jan 1991 Offsite - Nov 2004 All Star Movies- Nov 2005 Port Orleans Riverside - Dec 2005 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House - Aug 2007 Coronado Springs/Royal Pacific - June 2008 Yacht Club - Feb 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter - Nov 2009 Disneyland Hotel - Aug 2010 Beach Club/Hard Rock Hotel - Nov 2010 Swan - Dec 2010 All Star Music - Dec 2010 Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village - March 2011 Saratoga Springs - Aug 2011 All Star Sports - Aug 2011 Boardwalk Villas - Nov 2011 Saratoga Springs - Jan 2012 Bay Lake Tower - July 2012 Grand Californian - Aug 2012 Beach Club Villas - Nov 2012 Old Key West - Aug 2013 Old Key West - Sept 2013 Contemporary - March 2014 Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House
huskies90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:47 AM   #740
GAN
DIS Veteran

Location: Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by torinsmom View Post
Even though the kids don't need a chaperone, you have to sign up at least one adult when you register for YES and they have to get a ticket. Now, you don't have to get the SAME tickets for everyone, so you could just sign up one of you and get a one day ticket, if you are Florida residents. Otherwise, the shortest ticket is a 3 day base ticket.

I think I have read that you can only pick up tickets at the main entrance guest services at Epcot, but you could call YES to confirm that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayGan View Post
Depending on how many days you are going for in May, it may be cheaper for you to get the YES tickets for this trip and then just buy tickets outright for the May trip (especially if you go thru UT or some other discount ticket broker.) DVC members can get an TIW card now even without APs
Thanks for the help folks! Looks like the math isn't really going to add up to any significant savings no matter which way I figure -but they get to do the class and it won't cost me anymore. Going with (2) AP's and my DD 7-day PH would be around $1100 ...going with (1) AP, DD YES PH, DW YES PH, and DW 7-day PH for May 2013 would be around $1100 ....going with (0) AP, (3) YES PH, then (2) 7-day PH for May 2013 would be around $1200 ...of course if I cancel the May trip then it's a big savings .
GAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:10 AM   #741
djm99

If lovin' Disneyworld is Childish... I never want to grow up
Me Me Me Me Me Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskies90 View Post
Anybody have any luck switching classes after siging up?

Can anyone comment on the Wild By Nature class and/or the Making Waves with a Marine Career class?
I did the Wild by Nature one in July 2010. We did the class early morning. We didn't start exactly on time waiting on the other group that didn't show. We were given these mic and hearing devices so we could hear the tour guide. We walked and walked. ALL around that park. I would not recommend it to anyone in the summer. Its 3 hours outside. You don't break. Yes you get to go to the Safari without any wait. That was nice, and yes I did see animals I didn't even know AK had (and I've visited 4 times prior) but it was way too hot. It's not that I didn't enjoy myself, but toward the end, the children I had with me (7 of them ages 8-11) were antsy toward the end. We were given AK bandana as a parting gift for participation. I signed up for the animation program this time (in doors).
Old 03-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #742
Halloween Baby
Mouseketeer

I booked Ocean Discoveries for my older son for our trip in August! Anyone been to this on and know if it'll be fun for a 9 year old? Also, it's an 8:30 class. My husband will be taking him and I'll be hanging out with our almost 2 year old son. Any suggestions on something fun to do with him while it's just us two? We don't have parkhoppers and we've already built in lots of pool time...

Halloween Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:22 PM   #743
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

If I sign up our 7 year old and there isn't anything for our 5 year old during our dates, then who can get the discounted tix? It will be me, hubby, 7 year old doing the class, and 5 year old that can't do a class since there is none available. Thanks!
My2CrazyGirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:23 PM   #744
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2CrazyGirls View Post
If I sign up our 7 year old and there isn't anything for our 5 year old during our dates, then who can get the discounted tix? It will be me, hubby, 7 year old doing the class, and 5 year old that can't do a class since there is none available. Thanks!
You can still get tickets for siblings, even if they aren't taking a class.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:40 PM   #745
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
You can still get tickets for siblings, even if they aren't taking a class.
Really, so with 1 child taking a class all 4 of us can get discounted yes tickets?
My2CrazyGirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:42 PM   #746
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2CrazyGirls View Post
Really, so with 1 child taking a class all 4 of us can get discounted yes tickets?
Yes. In fact, we are doing it ourselves. They don't have a class for our 7yo while we are there.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:51 PM   #747
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

Has anyone experienced the Properties of Motion program? I am trying to decide whether or not the kids would like the class. I think they would, but I will have to change our dates and I want to make sure it is worth it. My four older children will do the Properties of Motion and my youngest daughter will do the How Things Move. It would be the first day of our trip and we would not all be going to the park together on the first day. My youngest son will be too young to participate. Any reviews of the program? Also, my husband will chaperone the Properities of Motion - will it be boring for the adult? (I'll be with our daughter at How Things Move)

This thread has been such a help for me. I'm pretty sure I've decided to do it, but want to make sure.

Also, can you change the dates after you've bought the tickets? We are going in September...obviously if there is a hurricane, they won't have the class so would we be able to change the tickets?
Mom2six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #748
wendow
DIS Veteran

Is mid-September too hot for the AK Wild by Nature class? I keep reading things on how hot AK is. Starting to think that might not be such a great class to take. I live in CO. It's very nice in mid-Sept but I think FL is still really hot, right?

Last edited by wendow; 03-19-2012 at 02:00 PM.
wendow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:11 PM   #749
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendow View Post
Is mid-September too hot for the AK Wild by Nature class? I keep reading things on how hot AK is. Starting to think that might not be such a great class to take. I live in CO. It's very nice in mid-Sept but I think FL is still really hot, right?
FL is VERY hot in mid-September. We've gone to Disney several times at that time of year (and I used to live in Orlando, years ago), and temps were typically in the high 80's to mid 90's. It was also pretty humid.

* 12/2014 Fantasy & BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
jcemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:50 PM   #750
wendow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcemom View Post
FL is VERY hot in mid-September. We've gone to Disney several times at that time of year (and I used to live in Orlando, years ago), and temps were typically in the high 80's to mid 90's. It was also pretty humid.
Hmm, that isn't too encouraging for a 3-hour outdoor class at what sounds like one of the hottest places on the planet.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: