Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2012, 09:19 AM   #661
susan137
DIS Veteran

I have a question...

My DH, DS and I have a class & tickets purchased through the YES program for October. It now turns out that my DS's best friend is able to come along. Has anyone had any luck adding a child to an existing purchase? I thought we could just enroll him in the class and pay the ticket just for him, but it says I have to register with an adult and everyone has to buy a ticket.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Susan
susan137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #662
verlee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan137 View Post
I have a question...

My DH, DS and I have a class & tickets purchased through the YES program for October. It now turns out that my DS's best friend is able to come along. Has anyone had any luck adding a child to an existing purchase? I thought we could just enroll him in the class and pay the ticket just for him, but it says I have to register with an adult and everyone has to buy a ticket.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Susan
I would give Dave Lehman a call 407-472-4676 ext 12. He was super nice when we had to make some changes. I was certain we were locked into the day we initally signed up for but he was able to switch us to the same class the following week. I would think if there is availability in the class, adding a person should not be a problem.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #663
*MomTo2Princesses*
Mouseketeer

There are no individual classes for late April/early May. Is there a group offered during that time? My oldest would love one of these classes,but I am not sure how they work. Thanks!

*MomTo2Princesses* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:43 PM   #664
wendow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcemom View Post
It won't be a problem. Donald's breakfast opens at 8:00, and buses run early enough to get people there. I think many of the buses start running around 7:00.
Oh great, thanks for the reply!
Old 03-10-2012, 07:51 AM   #665
susan137
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by verlee View Post
I would give Dave Lehman a call 407-472-4676 ext 12. He was super nice when we had to make some changes. I was certain we were locked into the day we initally signed up for but he was able to switch us to the same class the following week. I would think if there is availability in the class, adding a person should not be a problem.
Thank you so much! I spoke to Dave Lehman yesterday and he added my DS's friend with no problem. We are set for a wonderful vacation!!

Susan
susan137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:15 AM   #666
verlee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan137 View Post
Thank you so much! I spoke to Dave Lehman yesterday and he added my DS's friend with no problem. We are set for a wonderful vacation!!

Susan
Glad it worked out. Have a great trip!
Old 03-10-2012, 08:24 AM   #667
LISAVWL
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to thank everyone here for all the wonderful information about the YES program. We've been going to WDW for years and I never heard about these classes. I just booked Wild By Nature for my DH and boys, upgraded to hoppers and saved over $600 on tickets! They are very excited about the class although I told them it was a "tour". We didn't know if we'd be able to get back to WDW this year (we haven't been since 2009) and because of the huge savings in tickets we're going!

POLY JUNE 1978, MK DAY TRIP MAY 1991, CBR SEPT 1994, CBR SEPT 1995, CBR MARCH 1999, OKW MARCH 2000, (BOUGHT VWL DVC!), OKW NOV 2001, OKW OCT 2002, BCV MARCH 2004, VERO & CBR MAY 2004, VWL OCT 2004, BWV MARCH 2005, VWL OCT 2005, SSR MAY 2006, VWL OCT 2006, SSR FEB 2007, POLY MAY 2007, VWL OCT 2007, SSR APRIL 2008, VWL OCT 2008,DOUBLETREE DEC 2008, HGVC MAY 2009, VWL OCT 2009,
SSR DEC 2009, BLT MAY 2010, VWL OCT 2012, BLT OCT 2013
LISAVWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #668
encinc
DIS Veteran

Apologies if this is a repeat question. I read through the first page and the last couple of pages of the thread but haven't made it through the whole thing.

Does anyone know whether dates will be posted for later in 2012, or does the program only run through October? My nine-year-old would love one of these classes and discounted tickets would be a bonus! We're in the early stages of planning a trip for early December.
encinc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:05 AM   #669
2disneyland
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by encinc View Post
Apologies if this is a repeat question. I read through the first page and the last couple of pages of the thread but haven't made it through the whole thing.

Does anyone know whether dates will be posted for later in 2012, or does the program only run through October? My nine-year-old would love one of these classes and discounted tickets would be a bonus? We're in the early stages of planning a trip for early December.
We usually go mid-Nov to mid Dec and have never found a YES program during that time.....we have gone on 6 YES programs, but never during the "holiday" period.

While the prices of tickets through YES are wonderful.....going in early December is worth the full price tickets! The crowds are very low that first week of December after Thanksgiving and often the second week as well....the weather is perfect....the holiday decorations are up, the holiday programs are running (Santa Around the World, Candlelight Proc, Osborne Lights, etc etc).....definitely a great time even if you can't get the YES ticket prices.
2disneyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #670
minniemomof3
Mouseketeer

My daughter's friend will be coming with us on this trip, they are both 16. Can I register her for the program or does a parent have to be there to sign her in?
minniemomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:47 AM   #671
encinc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2disneyland View Post
We usually go mid-Nov to mid Dec and have never found a YES program during that time.....we have gone on 6 YES programs, but never during the "holiday" period.
Thanks! I figured that might be the case. It's not exactly "prime time" for youth groups to be traveling, so I wasn't sure if the program would be offered then or not.

At the same time, the lack of large groups traveling then does make it a great time to go. We're currently looking at sometime around the 5 to the 12th of December. I suspect we will run into some crowds during the latter half of our trip, but I hope the first half will be quiet!
encinc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:29 PM   #672
AlexWyattMommy
Okay, here I am, out of high school and still with the big hair
"You would look like a stupid pony"
I can answer - BEEF and WILLIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MomTo2Princesses* View Post
There are no individual classes for late April/early May. Is there a group offered during that time? My oldest would love one of these classes,but I am not sure how they work. Thanks!
I didn't see this answered yet.

It is correct that there are no individual classes offered. There usually is not during peak holidays - Spring Break & Winter Break.

The only way a group would work is you are going with a legitimate group. This could be through the school or a church or boy/girl scouts. They no longer allow random people to form a non-sponsored group.

Sorry.

4 people + 1 travel trailer = tons of giggles
AlexWyattMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:56 PM   #673
*MomTo2Princesses*
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for the reply. That's a bummer! Hopefully we can participate on our next trip. This is something my oldest would love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexWyattMommy View Post
I didn't see this answered yet.

It is correct that there are no individual classes offered. There usually is not during peak holidays - Spring Break & Winter Break.

The only way a group would work is you are going with a legitimate group. This could be through the school or a church or boy/girl scouts. They no longer allow random people to form a non-sponsored group.

Sorry.

*MomTo2Princesses* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:06 PM   #674
tzolkin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemomof3 View Post
My daughter's friend will be coming with us on this trip, they are both 16. Can I register her for the program or does a parent have to be there to sign her in?
You would just register both teens with you as their chaperone.

Just in case you didn't know... If the kids are 13+, the chaperone just has to sign them in and stay in the same park. You are welcome to attend the class with them, but you do not need to.
tzolkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:24 PM   #675
kvnchapman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampc3 View Post
First of all I want to thank the OP for starting and continuing this thread I had no idea anything like this ever exsisted at WDW..

My daughter would so love the classes about the animals So now I have been reading all these pages for HOURS. I think I have a pretty good understanding (for the most part) how it all works.. still seems to good to be true as far as the incrediable savings involved

My main question is with the premium hopper tks, there seems to be some confusion on how many actually days are on the 8 day tkts.. (whether it is 5 or 8 either one is enough for us) Can I use the waterpark tkts on the same day as a park? if so that would be one day used from each catergory correct?

Or do the waterpark tkt have to be used on non park days? is it the same with DQ could we do a WP or park in the am and then do DQ in the pm? Hope I am making sense in my question.

Lastly, just wondering what the expectation from the CMs are for the kids involvement/participation in the class? My daughter is like a sponge when it comes to learning but painfully shy at times especially in new situations.. Just want to know how to best prepare her. We are leaning towards the wild by nature or Ocean's discovery if that makes a difference?

Thanks to anyone taking the time to read this and answer my questions

Now if only Disney would come up with a learning program at sea
ampc3... we meet again! my kiddos (3 oldest only, twins too little) will be doing wild by nature this october. i will def let you know how it goes!
kvnchapman is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: