Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2013, 02:52 PM   #2986
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohgirl6 View Post

Does anyone know if they cancel the class due to lack of sign ups, are our tickets still valid or would they be voided?
If the rules are the same as they were in the past, you would get to keep your tickets.
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
jdcthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:40 PM   #2987
Cymorgan
Earning My Ears

YES program and lanyards

Do they give you lanyards when participating in the YES program? I do not want to buy lanyards for my students if they are going to give us some.

Christina
Cymorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2013, 04:39 PM   #2988
Burnedout
Proud mom of a marine recruit:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymorgan View Post
Do they give you lanyards when participating in the YES program? I do not want to buy lanyards for my students if they are going to give us some.

Christina
No lanyards

It is what it is.

Burnedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:44 AM   #2989
mbbarron
Mouseketeer

Bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbbarron View Post
Has anyone tried to convert a WDW Y.E.S. ticket (that is within the 14 days from first use) to a one day DLR ticket like you can do with a non-expiring MYR ticket?
Anyone have any experience with this?

mbbarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:55 AM   #2990
Burnedout
Proud mom of a marine recruit:)

I can't imagine it would work. But I can't give you a reason why! Lol, I'd love to hear if it works!

It is what it is.

Burnedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:29 AM   #2991
burnurcomputer
DIS Veteran

Tickets are discounted and do not qualify for an upgrade or transfer. It says so specifically when you go to purchase the tickets for your program.
burnurcomputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:18 PM   #2992
mbbarron
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnurcomputer View Post
Tickets are discounted and do not qualify for an upgrade or transfer. It says so specifically when you go to purchase the tickets for your program.
So would that be considered a transfer? I'm not planning to upgrade it, just use one day left as Disneyland admission.

mbbarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:29 AM   #2993
cel_disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbbarron View Post

So would that be considered a transfer? I'm not planning to upgrade it, just use one day left as Disneyland admission.
I am planning a DL trip so I understand what you are trying to do (it's talked about on the DL boards much more than WDW boards). While I don't think it's. transfer, I suspect it's still a change, and Disney puts YES tickets in a very special class of unique tickets such that they loose many of the traditional ticket properties.

Also, if the new YES tix are RFID I am not sure you would be able to convert them back to tyvek to bring to DL?

You can certainly try it but it seems very high risk given it would be hard to confirm unless you can find someone who was done it!

Good luck!
cel_disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #2994
Daisy'sMama
Mouseketeer

Y.E.S. tickets are sold by an outside convention company. They are not transferable, extendable, convertible, or changeable in any way. They are only good for when and where they are labelled. You also cannot pay for them with Disney Rewards points, I've tried. I don't find them to be a very good value anymore because of the price hike and the restrictions.
Daisy'sMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:37 AM   #2995
tinker79
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know how the homeschool thing works if you have kids under school age, but still needing tickets (such as 3 yr olds) We have a 12, 6 & 3 yr old and my brother & his wife are also wanting to go w/ a 3 yr old. I know you can't get more adult tickets then students (unless you have only 1 child), but are 3 yr olds considered "students" & do they have to sit in on the presentation?

Sorry if this has been answered this thread is way to long for me to read threw the whole thing! Thanks so much!
tinker79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:30 PM   #2996
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker79 View Post
Does anyone know how the homeschool thing works if you have kids under school age, but still needing tickets (such as 3 yr olds) We have a 12, 6 & 3 yr old and my brother & his wife are also wanting to go w/ a 3 yr old. I know you can't get more adult tickets then students (unless you have only 1 child), but are 3 yr olds considered "students" & do they have to sit in on the presentation?

Sorry if this has been answered this thread is way to long for me to read threw the whole thing! Thanks so much!
yes, they need to attend. homeschool days are for families, not individual students.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #2997
fairy8i8
Spread the Magic!

I was wondering the same thing. You could get everyone tickets with a single reservation- up to 6 kids and 4 adults. They would have to get the same type of ticket, but the savings would be worth it! That isn't a problem so long as there are more "student" spaces filled than "adult" spaces, even if one of the students is 3- you have to put the younger kids in those boxes. Also, they should go to the main event. No show could mean ticket charges. It is emphasized that the event is for ALL ages and all members of the party.

If they want to do a separate reservation, well I'm checking on that. I would love to go with my son who will be 4. We are part of a homeschool preschool coop and he tests well above his age level and can sit and pay attention to events like that and enjoy it. Good luck!
fairy8i8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:46 PM   #2998
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy8i8 View Post
I was wondering the same thing. You could get everyone tickets with a single reservation- up to 6 kids and 4 adults. They would have to get the same type of ticket, but the savings would be worth it! That isn't a problem so long as there are more "student" spaces filled than "adult" spaces, even if one of the students is 3- you have to put the younger kids in those boxes. Also, they should go to the main event. No show could mean ticket charges. It is emphasized that the event is for ALL ages and all members of the party.

If they want to do a separate reservation, well I'm checking on that. I would love to go with my son who will be 4. We are part of a homeschool preschool coop and he tests well above his age level and can sit and pay attention to events like that and enjoy it. Good luck!
I just ran one through with that scenario because I was curious It went through without any issues.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:28 PM   #2999
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker79 View Post

I'm not sure how it would work when the 3yo is the only "student". We took our three kids, then 13, 10, and 3, and confirmed several times that it would not be an issue for one of the adults and the 3yo to miss the presentation. But we had other students who were there to participate, we weren't just using the 3yo for access to a ticket discount, and we wanted the little one to skip the event not because it was an inconvenience to us but because we didn't want her being disruptive.

It seems to me that Disney would frown on if not outright prohibit using a too-young-to-participate child as a qualifying student, and it seems dishonest to me so I wouldn't even try it. For the event we attended, they were checking families in by name so I think if no one from the registered group showed up that might flag those tickets for invalidation or additional charges.

Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #3000
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27 View Post
I'm not sure how it would work when the 3yo is the only "student". We took our three kids, then 13, 10, and 3, and confirmed several times that it would not be an issue for one of the adults and the 3yo to miss the presentation. But we had other students who were there to participate, we weren't just using the 3yo for access to a ticket discount, and we wanted the little one to skip the event not because it was an inconvenience to us but because we didn't want her being disruptive.

It seems to me that Disney would frown on if not outright prohibit using a too-young-to-participate child as a qualifying student, and it seems dishonest to me so I wouldn't even try it. For the event we attended, they were checking families in by name so I think if no one from the registered group showed up that might flag those tickets for invalidation or additional charges.
They are homeschoolers. They belong there more than the folks that just buy in because it is cheap. My opinion. I don't mean that to sound as curt as it sounds.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: