Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2012, 09:42 AM   #16
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

I have a question for my brother. I couldn't find the answer by searching the old thread. Anybody else think that the search function is really bad lately?

Anyway, brother and his bio-kids have APs. I know that the rule is that AP holders still have to buy the starter pack in order to take a class. Do the children for whom the starter pack was purchase have to be the ones who use the tickets in the packet? IOW, could his stepson, who is not interested in the classes and has no AP, use the tickets in his step-siblings' packets?

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:03 AM   #17
dgr1973
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehuaann View Post
Yes, both you and DH should have no problem purchasing YES tickets - even if you have only have 1 child taking a class.

When I registered I was able to put in the dates of our checkin/pickup, which was 5 days prior to our first class.

As far as the guardian rules, not 100% sure ...but pretty sure it has to be an adult parent/guardian present. My DH accompanied DD11 to class, as required, and they both had to pay $28 each. But hopefully someone can come along and clarify the rules.

Also, although DD14 can go alone, an adult is required to sign her in and remain in the park throughout the course of the class.
Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my questions! I am going to call during the week to get more info but this really helps!
dgr1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2012, 10:18 AM   #18
fostrmom2mny
DIS Veteran

Do any of you have the phone number to call to ask questions?
This may not be a unique question, but I haven't found it asked on this or the other thread.
I have a foster child who is in fact 23. She is mentally like a 12-14 year old, and would LOVE the YES and would like to do more than one of the classes. We are doing an all adult trip, so I don't know if they would ever let an adult register with a companion and attend or not. Anyone know, or have the number for me to call and ask.

We are even going to be doing that kids scavenger hunt thing in Epcot. Forgot the name, something like where in the world is Carmen Sandiago. She's wanted to do that the past two trips and the trips were short, so I wouldn't take the time to do that. Guess our group will be doing that with her this time (if they let a 23 year old do that). Thanks for any input.

fostrmom2mny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:20 AM   #19
JeffreyY

Does anyone know what the cancellation policy is?
JeffreyY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:30 AM   #20
dgr1973
DIS Veteran

The phone number is 877-939-6884. They are only available Monday thru Friday.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:43 PM   #21
fostrmom2mny
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the number!! I'll call them tomorrow.

fostrmom2mny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #22
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgr1973 View Post
Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my questions! I am going to call during the week to get more info but this really helps!
You're very welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyY View Post
Does anyone know what the cancellation policy is?

Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable, and good only for the dates booked/listed.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #23
torinsmom
I have someone coming to scoop
I don't know how a man could wear them

HOw weird that the thread was shut down without a link to a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette View Post
I have a question for my brother. I couldn't find the answer by searching the old thread. Anybody else think that the search function is really bad lately?

Anyway, brother and his bio-kids have APs. I know that the rule is that AP holders still have to buy the starter pack in order to take a class. Do the children for whom the starter pack was purchase have to be the ones who use the tickets in the packet? IOW, could his stepson, who is not interested in the classes and has no AP, use the tickets in his step-siblings' packets?
I would think that would be fine. They don't check ids with tickets, and as long as the same person uses the ticket for the whole period, it really isn't breaking the rules.

Tickets are not paper; they a tyvek and hold up well. Each of ours had a Disney character on the front, so that made it easier to know whose was whose. I had Minnie, DS had Mickey, DN had Donald, etc.
August 3-11, 2008--Pop Century Grand Gathering
July 6-13, 2009--Universal Studios
June 16-25 2010--Universal AND Disney for 10 days (Emerald Island)
August 10-20 2011--Universal and Disney(Indian Creek)
July 6-14 2012--Universal and Disney--doing YES again!
July 14-21 2013--Universal and Disney with family
torinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #24
Daisy'sMama
Mouseketeer

Another question. The YES site says that you can only buy tickets for immediate family members. We are travelling with my sister and her family. Can I get them tickets too? They are my immediate family? I don't remember that rule last year.
Daisy'sMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:25 PM   #25
Cierese
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy'sMama View Post
Another question. The YES site says that you can only buy tickets for immediate family members. We are travelling with my sister and her family. Can I get them tickets too? They are my immediate family? I don't remember that rule last year.
SHE could get them tickets, too. I will say this though: I did, however manage to get tickets for my whole family last year. Apparently they considered the fact that I was putting my two older kids through one of the programs, but my Mom and Dad attended with them instead of myself (I stayed behind in the room with my niece, newphew and youngest son). I think Grandparents can take their grandchildren and be considered they adult immediate family member? I really don't know. All I know what I called and was able to purchase tickets for myself, my 3 kids, my parents and my niece and nephew. BUT BUT BUT if the kid's actual parent is going they might make the parent 'buy' the tickets. They never asked for any proof who the kids belonged to? Its really not a big deal though, to just do two separate orders. One for you and yours and one for her and hers. And still be in the same class.

October 2015 - TBA
June 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge and Caribbean Beach Resort!
Oct 2013 - Old Key West and POP!
July 2011 OKW - Big Family Vacation
Nov 2009 All Stars Music - Thanksgiving!
Sep 2004 Off Site -- Jun 2004 Off Site
July 2003 Off Site OIF Welcome Home Trip
Apr 1995 Don't Remember - Magic Music Days -Yes, I was a band geek!!!
Cierese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:17 PM   #26
dgr1973
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fostrmom2mny View Post
Thanks for the number!! I'll call them tomorrow.
No problem, hope you get the answers you are looking for!
Old 01-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #27
S'sMom
DIS Veteran

It is strange that it would close with an additional link to follow. Perhaps it happened unexpectedly?

Either way, I will keep an look out for it should it start. In the meantime, we have this one
Old 01-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #28
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by torinsmom View Post
HOw weird that the thread was shut down without a link to a new one.

I would think that would be fine. They don't check ids with tickets, and as long as the same person uses the ticket for the whole period, it really isn't breaking the rules.

Tickets are not paper; they a tyvek and hold up well. Each of ours had a Disney character on the front, so that made it easier to know whose was whose. I had Minnie, DS had Mickey, DN had Donald, etc.
Old thread was most likely shut down because it was over 250 pages. No link was provided because no one had started a new thread.

We are Ap holders, we have been told that with the YES tickets the person taking the class will use the ticket the day of the class. And they are not transferable.

From the website:
Theme Park admission is required and all participants must purchase a Disney Youth Education Series – Individual Enrollment Ticket Package to attend any Disney Youth Education Series – Individual Enrollment program. Use of an admission is required for entrance into the park on the date of your program. Tickets are valid for 7 days prior to your arrival date and after departure date. Tickets are only available to residents of the Domestic U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico. Annual passes, complimentary admission, and regular front-gate admission cannot be applied to the cost of a program

Last edited by livndisney; 01-15-2012 at 05:12 PM. Reason: added info from website
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:15 PM   #29
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

I have a couple of questions about the YES tickets. How long are the classes and when do they usually start in the morning? I'm toying with the idea of doing this with my daughters. Is it true that only one chaperone can come? I was hoping my DH could come with us. And the fee, is it per person and collected at the time of the class or is it added into the ticket prices already? Thanks!
Old 01-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #30
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
I have a couple of questions about the YES tickets. How long are the classes and when do they usually start in the morning? I'm toying with the idea of doing this with my daughters. Is it true that only one chaperone can come? I was hoping my DH could come with us. And the fee, is it per person and collected at the time of the class or is it added into the ticket prices already? Thanks!
Ours started at 7:30 and lasted, I think, 3 hours. One chaperone per person so if you have multiple daughters, and they all will be in the same class, you and DH can both go; class fee is included in your ticket.

Regarding someone else's question-- It is new w/in the last year for them to say 'immediate family only."
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: