Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 06:49 PM   #2716
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallakids View Post
I have no idea. Esp. sense UT is an authorized seller of the tickets. But if you search it on the boards lots of people have been running into this problem. I am not sure what they plan to do?! Are they going to make people buy tickets from Disney directly to get the bands? Or is there a fee for adding tickets to the band if you don't by them direct?! I have no idea. It sounds a little crazy but that is what is being reported. Everything seems to be changing!
I'm here, but this WILL become relevant to YES tickets...
There as a thread tracking all the questions and answers for the MagicBands, but it got closed due to people not being nice (any time policy changes happen, there is usually a thread that involves fire...). But as far as understood now, MagicBands will be given to resort guests regardless of where tickets were purchased from. If you purchased MYW tickets from a source other than Disney (or at least separately from a reservation), there will be a way to enter them online (the barcode number will be used) so that you can make FastPass+ selections.

I'm _guessing_ that this will mean the information will already be in their system, and they will just take the ticket from you and invalidate it.

Now, as for other types of tickets, like YES tickets, that you don't have in advance...your guess is as good as mine. Being able to make FastPass+ selections is supposed to be part of your admission (not tied to a resort stay), but they've only specified how far in advance for MYW tickets (and not by source) at 60 days and other tickets could be different.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:53 PM   #2717
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
I'm here, but this WILL become relevant to YES tickets...
There as a thread tracking all the questions and answers for the MagicBands, but it got closed due to people not being nice (any time policy changes happen, there is usually a thread that involves fire...). But as far as understood now, MagicBands will be given to resort guests regardless of where tickets were purchased from. If you purchased MYW tickets from a source other than Disney (or at least separately from a reservation), there will be a way to enter them online (the barcode number will be used) so that you can make FastPass+ selections.

I'm _guessing_ that this will mean the information will already be in their system, and they will just take the ticket from you and invalidate it.

Now, as for other types of tickets, like YES tickets, that you don't have in advance...your guess is as good as mine. Being able to make FastPass+ selections is supposed to be part of your admission (not tied to a resort stay), but they've only specified how far in advance for MYW tickets (and not by source) at 60 days and other tickets could be different.
That is interesting. Thanks for letting me know. I guess time will tell how this all will work out.

wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 06:53 PM   #2718
Cheeky in TN
Counting down the days till the next trip

Can someone help me with the ticket costs for individual Enrollment in YES? I thought in the past if you had one student, the entire group purchased tickets at the discounted rate. My son was going to do the marine class in June, so i would need tickets for him, my wife and I, plus 8 y/o daughter and 4 y/o daughter. When I went through sign up, his ticket was 208 for 4 days, but the rest were 300 or more. The total cost was 1400 something, which was only $100 less that if I just bought regular tickets. Did I do something wrong?
March 2004 Coronado,October 2004 Pop, July 2005 OKW, May 2006 SSR, October 2006 Boardwalk, May 2007 Boardwalk ,November 2008 SSR, May 2010 BLT, May 2011 SSR, June 2012 Disney Cruise and SSR at WDW, June 2013 Beach Club!!!!, June 2014 Disney Cruise and Animal Kingdom Kidani Village!!
Cheeky in TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:56 PM   #2719
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeky in TN View Post
Can someone help me with the ticket costs for individual Enrollment in YES? I thought in the past if you had one student, the entire group purchased tickets at the discounted rate. My son was going to do the marine class in June, so i would need tickets for him, my wife and I, plus 8 y/o daughter and 4 y/o daughter. When I went through sign up, his ticket was 208 for 4 days, but the rest were 300 or more. The total cost was 1400 something, which was only $100 less that if I just bought regular tickets. Did I do something wrong?
You didn't do anything wrong. The program has changed and the discounts aren't the same as they used to be.

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
jcemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:56 PM   #2720
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
They changed the prices this year.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:11 PM   #2721
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Your daughter could save by taking a class also.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:05 PM   #2722
k3mommy
Mouseketeer

Are the new rules regarding individual YES tickets the same for groups? Only the student gets a discount? Our school usually goes in the fall. Is there a thread about new prices and rules?
k3mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:08 PM   #2723
DisneyRN10
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresmom
If anyone is registered for the 2/13 wildlife class at AK, just a heads up it may be cancelled. I called today to have my kids switched into it and the operator told me there were only5 kids registered right now and she was going to cancel if there weren't more students registered. She talked me out of it because she also stated that our YES park tickets would also be refunded if the class was cancelled and we would have to purchase regular tickets. I didn't argue with her about the refund because I didn't have the info in front of me.posted my whole conversation on a separate thread on the theme park board before realizing I should have posted here.
Your post had me worried. My family and I are registered for the physics lab at the MK on 2/12 and I noticed that the class is still open on the YES website. I spoke with Dave Lehman at Student Guest Services Registration for Disney Youth Programs and he said that if Disney cancels the class D/T low enrollment, disney would try to place you into another age appropriate class. In the event that another class isn't an option, your tickets would still honored for the dates that you purchased them for. No worries for trying to figure out last minute ticket options. Good Vibes

DisneyRN10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:10 PM   #2724
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3mommy
Are the new rules regarding individual YES tickets the same for groups? Only the student gets a discount? Our school usually goes in the fall. Is there a thread about new prices and rules?
I don't think I've seen a thread on the original classes.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:38 AM   #2725
kalc12345
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sadly they have changed things things year We went in October and did the marine class...loved it!! We saved $700 on our tickets. I priced out going this year and we would only save around $100 now. I hate they changed it!!

kalc12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:10 PM   #2726
nicole0992
I was born on Mickey's birthday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcemom View Post
We decided to take a taxi to the front of the park as we did not want to waste time trying to go through the IG and chance being turned away. The taxi fare from the Boardwalk to the front entrance was around $10 plus tip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalc12345 View Post
We did that class in October. I doubt they will let you through since the class starts before the park opens. You will have to meet the YES leaders and others at the front of the park.
Thanks for your help. I guess we will be taking a taxi to the front entrace.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #2727
fflmaster
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I see on the Yes Individual Site the section under tips say:

Tickets are valid from 14 days of scheduled arrival date.

Before the tickets were always valid seven days before and seven days after your class. Has this changed?

This is important to me since the class we want to attend is actually 13 days after our arrival date and we thought the program wouldn't work for us since the tickets wouldn't be valid for the entire first week.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:16 PM   #2728
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

My kid's tickets were good for 7 days after our planned departure. MY ticket, as the required adult purchase was ONLY good for 14 days, basically a myw ticket with a discount.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:13 AM   #2729
pattilee08
Earning My Ears

We did the jan 25th yes program and all went great. My kids got a little bored at the end but it was still great. The biggest issue is you can't link your keys to the world card with your tickets so you have to go through the longer lines but besides that, would do it again in a heart beat!
pattilee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:34 AM   #2730
chimilady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattilee08 View Post
We did the jan 25th yes program and all went great. My kids got a little bored at the end but it was still great. The biggest issue is you can't link your keys to the world card with your tickets so you have to go through the longer lines but besides that, would do it again in a heart beat!
So many other sites are saying that you should be able to. How did that work with the band? Did you get one for your tix, one for your room? Or did you stay at a room without the band.
chimilady is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: