Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 12:09 PM   #2701
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole0992 View Post
My daughter has shown interest to take the Marine Career/Science class during our trip. We are staying at the Boardwalk and class begins at 8:30. Will they allow us to enter via the International Gateway entrance? We will not have a car and not sure how to get to the front of the park... Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks in advance!
We decided to take a taxi to the front of the park as we did not want to waste time trying to go through the IG and chance being turned away. The taxi fare from the Boardwalk to the front entrance was around $10 plus tip.

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
jcemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #2702
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

We picked up at dq, perhaps that was why it was so slow! Glad others had better luck!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 04:13 PM   #2703
eeyoresmom
DIS Veteran

If anyone is registered for the 2/13 wildlife class at AK, just a heads up it may be cancelled. I called today to have my kids switched into it and the operator told me there were only5 kids registered right now and she was going to cancel if there weren't more students registered. She talked me out of it because she also stated that our YES park tickets would also be refunded if the class was cancelled and we would have to purchase regular tickets. I didn't argue with her about the refund because I didn't have the info in front of me.posted my whole conversation on a separate thread on the theme park board before realizing I should have posted here.
eeyoresmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #2704
kalc12345
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole0992 View Post
My daughter has shown interest to take the Marine Career/Science class during our trip. We are staying at the Boardwalk and class begins at 8:30. Will they allow us to enter via the International Gateway entrance? We will not have a car and not sure how to get to the front of the park... Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks in advance!
We did that class in October. I doubt they will let you through since the class starts before the park opens. You will have to meet the YES leaders and others at the front of the park.

kalc12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:51 PM   #2705
rackerlee92
Mouseketeer

Just picked up our tickets at GR in the Marketplace. Took abt 20 minutes total. Thanks everyone for the advice!

upcoming - Sunset Lakes Dec 14/Jan 15
Sunset Lakes Dec 13/Jan 14, Windsor Hills January 2013, Windsor Hills September 2012, POFQ February 2012, POR September 2010, DLR November 2009, AKL January 2008, POR October 2007
rackerlee92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:09 PM   #2706
mmdis
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresmom View Post
If anyone is registered for the 2/13 wildlife class at AK, just a heads up it may be cancelled. I called today to have my kids switched into it and the operator told me there were only5 kids registered right now and she was going to cancel if there weren't more students registered. She talked me out of it because she also stated that our YES park tickets would also be refunded if the class was cancelled and we would have to purchase regular tickets. I didn't argue with her about the refund because I didn't have the info in front of me.posted my whole conversation on a separate thread on the theme park board before realizing I should have posted here.
wow we are in the class at MK on the 12th I hope they don't cancel it. We are all looking forward to it. It still shows open online while some other classes that week are now full.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:42 AM   #2707
eeyoresmom
DIS Veteran

It didn't really surprise me that she said she was probably going to cancel the class. It was that she said that we would lose our park tickets. Now I know in the past if a class was cancelled, families were allowed to keep their tickets, but she insisted we would be refunded our YES ticket cost and would have to purchase tickets on our own. I dont think she was trying to talk me out of switching classes because it was more work for her either, as I would have had to do with another department anyway.
eeyoresmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:50 AM   #2708
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresmom View Post
It didn't really surprise me that she said she was probably going to cancel the class. It was that she said that we would lose our park tickets. Now I know in the past if a class was cancelled, families were allowed to keep their tickets, but she insisted we would be refunded our YES ticket cost and would have to purchase tickets on our own. I dont think she was trying to talk me out of switching classes because it was more work for her either, as I would have had to do with another department anyway.
It sounds like she just didn't know what she was talking about. That isn't uncommon, unfortunately.

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
jcemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:00 AM   #2709
Daisy'sMama
Mouseketeer

If you want real answers, call Dave @ 407.472.4676 x14. He is the Y.E.S. ticket expert.
Daisy'sMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:16 PM   #2710
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy'sMama
If you want real answers, call Dave @ 407.472.4676 x14. He is the Y.E.S. ticket expert.
Dave is a hero!
Old 01-25-2013, 05:49 PM   #2711
snubie
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if you can have your yes tickets moved onto your key to the kingdom card? Or must they remain separate?
April 1985 Poly,May 2004 POFQ,Sept 2007 ASMU,Jan 2008 ASMU,May 2009 CBR,Jan 2011 POP - disboutiquers meet, Jan 2013 POR
snubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:10 PM   #2712
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by snubie View Post
Does anyone know if you can have your yes tickets moved onto your key to the kingdom card? Or must they remain separate?
As I understand it, no. Only tickets that can be handled at the resort, which is pretty much just MYW tickets, can be added to a KTTW card.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:21 PM   #2713
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snubie View Post
No. You have never been able to add Y.E.S tickets to your KTTW card. Also there has been some new reports that they are not allowing anyone who bought tickets from other venues (like UT) to do so either. Several people have been saying that CMs are saying they can not do it unless tickets are actually bought at Disney.

wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:27 PM   #2714
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallakids View Post
No. You have never been able to add Y.E.S tickets to your KTTW card. Also there has been some new reports that they are not allowing anyone who bought tickets from other venues (like UT) to do so either. Several people have been saying that CMs are saying they can not do it unless tickets are actually bought at Disney.
That's new info, but it's actually no different doing UT tickets than tickets purchased from Disney.

Things will be changing soon anyways with the MagicBands - they will presumably have to allow ANY ticket type on the MagicBands for anyone staying at a resort, we just don't know how yet. So why they'd change the policy on third party tickets now and then have to deal with it later I don't know.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:30 PM   #2715
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
That's new info, but it's actually no different doing UT tickets than tickets purchased from Disney.

Things will be changing soon anyways with the MagicBands - they will presumably have to allow ANY ticket type on the MagicBands for anyone staying at a resort, we just don't know how yet. So why they'd change the policy on third party tickets now and then have to deal with it later I don't know.
I have no idea. Esp. sense UT is an authorized seller of the tickets. But if you search it on the boards lots of people have been running into this problem. I am not sure what they plan to do?! Are they going to make people buy tickets from Disney directly to get the bands? Or is there a fee for adding tickets to the band if you don't by them direct?! I have no idea. It sounds a little crazy but that is what is being reported. Everything seems to be changing!

wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: