Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 06:29 PM   #2536
DawnM
Dawn

I don't know what the regular kind are then as I have always had paper tickets. They work just fine. No special line for paper tickets.

Yes, you can get a FP with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellia View Post
Question about the tickets themselves- I've seen people post that you get paper tickets, not the regular kind. Does that mean you have to go anywhere special to get in each day? Can you get fast passes with them?

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:53 PM   #2537
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

Will this scenario work (if they even offer dates when we go)--

I have 2 children under 17.

Could I do this----

Enroll each child separately.

For example: (same class)

Child 1
Me (chaperone)
older sister

2nd signup:
Child 2
DH (chaperone)

Just wondering if it could work that way or if I should just enroll both together go as a chaperone myself (since adult attending ticket is more expensive than adult not attending...)....

I have no experience with this program. I happened upon it last year and thought it looked great!

1977 Heck...I don't remember, I was 4 .
2002 Holiday Inn Family Suites (Nick hotel now)
2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Wilderness Lodge/POR/CSR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ
softballmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2012, 06:56 PM   #2538
Charitycase20
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by softballmom3
Will this scenario work (if they even offer dates when we go)--

I have 2 children under 17.

Could I do this----

Enroll each child separately.

For example: (same class)

Child 1
Me (chaperone)
older sister

2nd signup:
Child 2
DH (chaperone)

Just wondering if it could work that way or if I should just enroll both together go as a chaperone myself (since adult attending ticket is more expensive than adult not attending...)....

I have no experience with this program. I happened upon it last year and thought it looked great!
I did mock ups of this myself, it was less expensive to have 1 chaperone if the kids are going to the same class.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:41 PM   #2539
tarak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdis View Post
It all is how you look at it. We saved 279.00. My kids get to have a great experience and I feel less guilty pulling them out of school for a week.
That's me. My daughters are really excited about going to the class. We can use it to make the trip educational (a requirement for them missing school). And we saved about $110 on park tickets.
tarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:03 PM   #2540
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellia View Post
Question about the tickets themselves- I've seen people post that you get paper tickets, not the regular kind. Does that mean you have to go anywhere special to get in each day? Can you get fast passes with them?
The so called "paper" ticket ARE the regular tickets. They are not really paper. Canned response:

Quote:
I assume you are asking because you don't want "paper" tickets.

The so called "paper" tickets are actually a material called Tyvek, and is very strong and waterproof. Strong enough that you may have heard of it before...they wrap houses in the stuff to protect it before putting on the siding. They also make disposable biohazard suits with it for certain levels of containment.

CMs have reported that they have LESS issues with the Tyvek cards than plastic, especially with regards to the magnetic stripe.

Reasonable care should make them last perfectly fine. If it was a problem, Annual Passes wouldn't be issued on them.

That said, any ticket you get at WDW other than a KTTW card will generally be Tyvek.

Tickets purchased from Disney and mailed to you at least were still plastic somewhat recently. This may be due to them standing up better in the mail. From other sources they could be either.

I've also gotten plastic tickets from AAA, but have also heard of them issuing Tyvek tickets as well.

If you have ANY ticket issues, you should be able to get them reissued very easily. Having copies of the backs of the tickets may make it faster.
These are the exact same tickets they give out at the ticket booths for regular MYW tickets and even Annual Passes - in fact, they come out of the same printer. Only the text/codes are different. They will work perfectly fine in the Fastpass kiosks.

As GrannySquare said, you can't then take the YES tickets and get them put onto a KTTW card.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #2541
savannahcat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It all is how you look at it. We saved 279.00. My kids get to have a great experience and I feel less guilty pulling them out of school for a week.
Me too! I had already purchased tickets from UT before the price increase over the summer, but ultimately decided to put those away for a future trip and sign the kids up for YES again. It will be my younger DD's first YES class and she is really excited!

1985/1990 - Offsite * 9/1996 - All Star Sports * 11/2004 - Embassy Suites * 2/2005 - Embassy Suites * 4/2005 - Embassy Suites * 5/2005 - Embassy Suites * 10/2005 - Embassy Suites * 12/2006 - Windsor Hills * 5/2007 - Windsor Hills *10/2007 - Windsor Hills * 11/2008 - Windsor Hills * 1/2009 - Windsor Hills * 7/2009 - Swan * 10/2009 - Emerald Island * 6/2010 - AKV * 1/2011 - Barefoot'n in the Keys Resort * 6/2011 - AKV/Indian Creek * 6/2012 - Disney Dream * 6/2012 - BWV * 1/2013 Regal Oaks * 6/2013 BWV/SSR * 11/2013 BWV
savannahcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:43 PM   #2542
My3DisneyBoys
Mouseketeer

We are planning our 2nd trip to WDW in July. I realize the dates for YES haven't come out for then yet, but I am trying to get an idea of what our options are! I would like all three of my boys to attend a class.....possibly the same one. The problem is that they are all in different age brackets! They will be 12, 9, and 7 at the time. How strict are they with enforcing age limits? Could they all attend the AK class for ages 8-11? I really don't think we can swing 3 different classes so they all can go and I don't want to exclude anyone! Does anyone know?

Disneyland-2004, 2007 (x2), 2008, 2009 (x3), 2010 (x2) 2011 (x3), planning our 7/2013 trip with cousins

1st Trip to WDW!!! June 13- June 27, 2009
My3DisneyBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:36 AM   #2543
amylynne01
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My3DisneyBoys View Post
We are planning our 2nd trip to WDW in July. I realize the dates for YES haven't come out for then yet, but I am trying to get an idea of what our options are! I would like all three of my boys to attend a class.....possibly the same one. The problem is that they are all in different age brackets! They will be 12, 9, and 7 at the time. How strict are they with enforcing age limits? Could they all attend the AK class for ages 8-11? I really don't think we can swing 3 different classes so they all can go and I don't want to exclude anyone! Does anyone know?
There is a reason for age limits on the classes. Whatever the reason may be, Disney expects its guests to follow the age limits. Could you pull it off? Maybe, but it might take some lying or deceipt on your part.
12/2011 SSR with no kids for our 5yr anniversary
1/2013 BLT for our first trip as a family of 5
8/2015 FW? Family reunion with my parents, sisters, and kids
12/2016 Poly? Celebrating our 10yr anniversary with our kids
amylynne01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:19 AM   #2544
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is my dilemma, as well. My boys are 4 years apart and all of the classes have a 3 year age range -- until they're 12+, I think -- my kids will be 10 and 6 next June. Even if I found a class on the same day on or around the same time, I think they'll probably be at different parks and I'm not sure if I want to do that (not sure if we'll have time in our schedule to devote two different days to this either). The only way I think the cost savings is worth it for us is if both kids have discounted tickets. I wouldn't mind only one child going and paying at or near gate price for the rest of us, but the nonrefundable aspect of the tickets makes that less attractive to me. I've never had to cancel for any reason and we always go the same week every year so I have no reason to believe we'd cancel, but when I weigh the benefit (the enjoyment of the class and the good discount on just one ticket) vs. the risk (having to cancel and not getting a refund), I'm not sure it's worth it.

I will wait until they release the June dates before I make a decision.
Music City Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:40 AM   #2545
mmdis
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music City Mama View Post
This is my dilemma, as well. My boys are 4 years apart and all of the classes have a 3 year age range -- until they're 12+, I think -- my kids will be 10 and 6 next June. Even if I found a class on the same day on or around the same time, .
I think when you look at the Jan/Feb offerings there could be a split in the same park. Just use that as a guide to what they likely offer. You choices for the same park may be limited to just a couple. My boys will be 11 and 12 and to follow the rules we are spliting up and each taking one but we will be in the same park at the same time.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:13 AM   #2546
torinsmom
I have someone coming to scoop
I don't know how a man could wear them

My son was in an 8-15 class when he was 16. I called and was told it was okay, and his correct age was on the registration. It may be on a case by case basis though. This was in 2011 and he was in the class with his 11 and 13 year old cousins.
August 3-11, 2008--Pop Century Grand Gathering
July 6-13, 2009--Universal Studios
June 16-25 2010--Universal AND Disney for 10 days (Emerald Island)
August 10-20 2011--Universal and Disney(Indian Creek)
July 6-14 2012--Universal and Disney--doing YES again!
July 14-21 2013--Universal and Disney with family
torinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #2547
savannahcat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music City Mama View Post
This is my dilemma, as well. My boys are 4 years apart and all of the classes have a 3 year age range -- until they're 12+, I think -- my kids will be 10 and 6 next June. Even if I found a class on the same day on or around the same time, I think they'll probably be at different parks and I'm not sure if I want to do that (not sure if we'll have time in our schedule to devote two different days to this either). The only way I think the cost savings is worth it for us is if both kids have discounted tickets. I wouldn't mind only one child going and paying at or near gate price for the rest of us, but the nonrefundable aspect of the tickets makes that less attractive to me. I've never had to cancel for any reason and we always go the same week every year so I have no reason to believe we'd cancel, but when I weigh the benefit (the enjoyment of the class and the good discount on just one ticket) vs. the risk (having to cancel and not getting a refund), I'm not sure it's worth it.

I will wait until they release the June dates before I make a decision.
My kids are 6 and 9 and I was able to sign them up for two different classes at approximately the same time, both in the Magic Kingdom on January 9th. It may not happen often, but it does happen.

1985/1990 - Offsite * 9/1996 - All Star Sports * 11/2004 - Embassy Suites * 2/2005 - Embassy Suites * 4/2005 - Embassy Suites * 5/2005 - Embassy Suites * 10/2005 - Embassy Suites * 12/2006 - Windsor Hills * 5/2007 - Windsor Hills *10/2007 - Windsor Hills * 11/2008 - Windsor Hills * 1/2009 - Windsor Hills * 7/2009 - Swan * 10/2009 - Emerald Island * 6/2010 - AKV * 1/2011 - Barefoot'n in the Keys Resort * 6/2011 - AKV/Indian Creek * 6/2012 - Disney Dream * 6/2012 - BWV * 1/2013 Regal Oaks * 6/2013 BWV/SSR * 11/2013 BWV
savannahcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #2548
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Quote:
How strict are they with enforcing age limits?
There are rules. Not sure if it's for safety/insurance/legal purposes. Enforced? Depends. I would think in certain cases they may ask a child how old they are if there any concerns (like someone trying to pass a 3 yr old off as a 5 yr old).

Your only option is to call in and get permission, like Torinsmom. But again, Torinsmom was granted permission in 2011 and things have changed since then.

If they refuse to grant permission, you lie on the online registration, and they find out - I would not want to take the chance of being permanently dismissed from the program.

In order to maintain the magic and safety within each program, the specified age is not flexible. Students who do not meet specified age requirements will not be confirmed on the final program confirmation.

DL & WDW * FW Cabin 3x * AKL CL 2x * Poly CL * CR CL * AKL Arusha * POFQ * POR

Lehuaann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #2549
reginasue
Earning My Ears

We tried to get my boys (11 and 12) into the same class in August 2012 and they wouldn't let us do it. I ended up paying the extra $25 (I think it was) to go with each kid to their class and DH spent some one on one time with each kid during that time. Hopefully next year we can manage to get them in one class together.
reginasue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:15 PM   #2550
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think when you look at the Jan/Feb offerings there could be a split in the same park. Just use that as a guide to what they likely offer. You choices for the same park may be limited to just a couple. My boys will be 11 and 12 and to follow the rules we are spliting up and each taking one but we will be in the same park at the same time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by savannahcat View Post
My kids are 6 and 9 and I was able to sign them up for two different classes at approximately the same time, both in the Magic Kingdom on January 9th. It may not happen often, but it does happen.
Thank you for the information. Hopefully it will work out -- we'll see whenever they release the June dates. Thanks again.
Music City Mama is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: