Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 09:56 AM   #2521
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girschle
As I'm going through the order process it doesn't tell me how many fun days I get with the premium package. Does anyone know if you order the 5 day do you get 5 fun day tickets but if you order the 8 day you get 8 fun day tickets?
When we did the 8 day this past summer, we got 8 fuhn VISITS. We could & did use waterpark & DisneyQuest in same day.
dsneprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:06 AM   #2522
Girschle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsneprincess View Post
When we did the 8 day this past summer, we got 8 fuhn VISITS. We could & did use waterpark & DisneyQuest in same day.
Thanks! That's what I was hoping would be the case.
Girschle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2012, 11:54 AM   #2523
fflmaster
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Just a curious question.

Why would the price of park tickets be cheaper for home schooled families then the individual enrollment?

Is this a mistake that is going to be corrected?

The reason I ask is that we want to travel to disney in September and hoping they have a home school day during that month. Especially if the pricing is going to be much less then the individual enrollment.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:24 PM   #2524
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl View Post
So I am confused as what the difference is btwn homeschool program and the IE program. Can someone pls clarify?
My DD12 does online school...does that count as homeschool?
The difference is that -

The HS Days program includes a specific class geared toward their community/families. You do not get to choose any of the standard IE classes. However, if you want your child to attend additional classes, you must pay $30 extra for them.

The Individual Enrollment program includes a choice of any class (with the exception of the HD Days class).

DL & WDW * FW Cabin 3x (soon to be 4!) * AKL CL 2x * Poly CL * CR CL * AKL Arusha * POFQ * POR

Lehuaann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #2525
Daisy'sMama
Mouseketeer

This is absurd! When I called last week, I was told there would be a small price increase! Not almost 50%! I have called and have an email address to lodge a formal complaint. I think we might just buy regular tickets.
Daisy'sMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:05 PM   #2526
DawnM
Dawn

It has been as early as mid-September so don't count on any particular week just yet.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan137 View Post
Thanks so much for your quick response!

October is much better for us. Anyone know if it is normally early, mid or late October. My OCD planning is in full gear

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:33 PM   #2527
Cuddlemama
Mouseketeer

Wow, that's a significant price increase for tickets for our family! Honestly, if we didn't live so far away, it'd be a no brainer to get the PAP from DVC. But since travel costs are pretty significant from NY, we'll just have to deal with paying and having our regular long trip via Individual Enrollment.

We looked at pricing for HS vs IE. We'd have to change our travel arrangements to get the HS pricing. There's about $250 between costs of HS and IE tickets. Changing our travel dates costs $238 and means we'd have to juggle lots of plans as far as meals, meet ups with friends, and various other issues.

We're paying the extra IE money to keep the convenience of our original dates and plans. Also, the class my younger two really love isn't available during honeschool days and is available during IE so that makes it easier.
Cuddlemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #2528
nan1217
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy'sMama View Post
This is absurd! When I called last week, I was told there would be a small price increase! Not almost 50%! I have called and have an email address to lodge a formal complaint. I think we might just buy regular tickets.
Complaint about what? It's called Youth Education Series, not Cheap Disney World Tickets, Inc. They're providing classes; any discount is just a bonus.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:49 PM   #2529
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

Quote:
Sorry but lodge a formal complaint against what exactly? Participant tickets have only gone up slightly and the rate for chaparones is still below gate prices. How is this unfair??? Disney is providing an extra and giving you a reduced rate for tickets. The reason for the program isn't just so people can get cheap tickets. It is to provide an educational program for children. Despite a price increase, it is still a great program that Disney offers. If this ends up being the response they get from many people I could see them cancelling the program all together (which would be a shame IMHO.)
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #2530
letsgoreds
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nan1217 View Post
Complaint about what? It's called Youth Education Series, not Cheap Disney World Tickets, Inc. They're providing classes; any discount is just a bonus.
This is exactly how I feel. Usually taking these types of classes is an additional expense. Being able to attend the class for free is awesome, and any additional discount is a double bonus.
letsgoreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #2531
tlh0726
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nan1217 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayGan View Post
Sorry but lodge a formal complaint against what exactly? Participant tickets have only gone up slightly and the rate for chaparones is still below gate prices. How is this unfair??? Disney is providing an extra and giving you a reduced rate for tickets. The reason for the program isn't just so people can get cheap tickets. It is to provide an educational program for children. Despite a price increase, it is still a great program that Disney offers. If this ends up being the response they get from many people I could see them cancelling the program all together (which would be a shame IMHO.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoreds View Post
This is exactly how I feel. Usually taking these types of classes is an additional expense. Being able to attend the class for free is awesome, and any additional discount is a double bonus.
Exactly what these 3 posters have said.

No one is forcing you to buy IE tickets or attend IE classes.
You solved your own problem in your last sentence - BUY REGULAR TICKETS!

Adding
Alot of people are upset about the increase in price and are rethinking their plans including myself.
The price difference between IE tickets and gate prices is about equal to the fuel price difference between driving the car and staying value or taking the motorhome and staying at the campground. Which only leaves me with the food cost difference of either paying OOP or buy food and cooking in the motorhome. DH is leaving the decision up to me. If I get a free dining code it is going to be a no brainer for me.

Apr 2014 Offsite, Aug 2013 Pop Century, Apr 2013 Fort Wilderness, Nov 2012 Pop Century, June 2012 Fort Wilderness, Mar 2012 Offsite,
Aug 2011 Offsite, Apr 2011 Pop Century, Oct 2010 Pop Century, Apr 2010 Fort Wilderness, Mar 2009 Pop Century, June 1997 Offsite, Dec 1996 Offsite

Last edited by tlh0726; 11-02-2012 at 02:43 PM.
tlh0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #2532
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Exactly. In the end, we like the classes, especially my daughter, and we will enjoy our day. We can't wait and the discount means premium not base tickets. even if the savings isn't huge.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:02 PM   #2533
mmdis
Earning My Ears

It all is how you look at it. We saved 279.00. My kids get to have a great experience and I feel less guilty pulling them out of school for a week.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #2534
kellia
DIS Veteran

Question about the tickets themselves- I've seen people post that you get paper tickets, not the regular kind. Does that mean you have to go anywhere special to get in each day? Can you get fast passes with them?
kellia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:28 PM   #2535
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

They are the regular kind essentially. You just cant put them on the hard plastic resort room card.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: