Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2012, 04:21 PM   #2491
DawnM
Dawn

They are good the week before and the week after the event......would it still not work for you?

And are the HS tickets cheaper? I am off to run the numbers. We are here at Disney right now, and don't plan to be back until Nov., 2013, so I will have to budget better or have fewer days I think.

Dawn

PS: Just ran the numbers. Homeschool days are only $82 more for all 5 of us. Regular IND enrollment prices have gone up by $442 for the 5 of us. It will probably be a wash though as DH's work pays for his gas ($350-$400) if it is during his conference down in Orlando anyway. So, coming a different time and paying our own gas won't save us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny square View Post
We couldn't get the homeschool tickets because we arrive too early.

living with 4 boys (dh included)

Last edited by DawnM; 11-01-2012 at 04:34 PM.
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:31 PM   #2492
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

7 day premiums equaled 7 extra visits
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #2493
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnM
They are good the week before and the week after the event......would it still not work for you?

And are the HS tickets cheaper? I am off to run the numbers. We are here at Disney right now, and don't plan to be back until Nov., 2013, so I will have to budget better or have fewer days I think.

Dawn
No. :/ we go the second week of jan through first week of feb. and yep the hs are cheaper. Eh, such is life.

I'm glad that they opened these up at least! I'm just sad when people exploit a good thing, and the good thing is affected.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:38 PM   #2494
mamatohaleybug
Earning My Ears

So glad we were able to get homeschool days tickets. About $300 cheaper than IE tickets now for the three of us. Wowzers! Guess we'll be planning around HS days from now on (until it changes again).
mamatohaleybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #2495
tlh0726
DIS Veteran

Rounding off
The price for 8 day premium tickets for the children attending went up $32 each
The price for 8 day premium for adult NOT attending went up $158
The price for 8 day premium for adult attending went up $171

Going to cost us roughly $396 more in 2013 than it did in 2012

But still saving us $291.35 off current gate prices.

Apr 2014 Offsite, Aug 2013 Pop Century, Apr 2013 Fort Wilderness, Nov 2012 Pop Century, June 2012 Fort Wilderness, Mar 2012 Offsite,
Aug 2011 Offsite, Apr 2011 Pop Century, Oct 2010 Pop Century, Apr 2010 Fort Wilderness, Mar 2009 Pop Century, June 1997 Offsite, Dec 1996 Offsite
tlh0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #2496
VLee
DIS Veteran

When I tried to sign my GD up for a class in January, I had to list an adult (myself) and on the ticket request page, the only choice for the adult (which had to be completed) was 1 and above.

I will have an Annual Pass and do not need a ticket, but it was charging me over $100 for a one-day ticket. When I called, I was told their system requires that an adult ticket also be purchased along with the student.

Is this correct? I hate to spend an extra $100 unnecessarily. My GD is also enough to attend the class alone (and I would stay in the park with a younger child)
BWV - Boardwalk View - 10/2007 - Family Reunion!
OKW - Labor Day 2007 - Pirate & Princess Party
BWV/Beach Club -- 05/2007 -- The kids and Me!
VWL -- Christmas 2006 -Mom and Me!
AS Movies 09/2006 - Jen & Kids - Brant's 4th BD!
Beach Club Villa 05/2006 - Brant and Me
Wilderness Cabins/Old Key West 01/2006-Hollye's 6th!
Polynesian Resort / Beach Club Villa 9/2005-Jen & Kids
Pop Century/ Old Key West 05/2005 - The kids & Me
AS Movies/WL Villa/ PO French Qtr 10/2004-Halloween
Pop Century/Port Orleans FQ 05/2004 - Hollye and Me
BoardWalk Villa/WL Villa 12/2003 - First Christmas!
Polynesian Resort 05/2003 -- First Trip!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
VLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #2497
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

It is accurate. Sorry. :/
Granny square is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #2498
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenrice View Post
DH and I are planning to have AP's for our next trip, but the children will not. So, if the kid's are going to participate in the YES program (and therefore require tickets), we will still need to purchase a minimum of a 1-day ticket for DH and I since we will need to chaperone the kids, correct? I don't see an option for a parent to purchase just a ticket for the class if they already have park admission.
Did they change the rule that only FL residents could buy the 1 day ticket? I didn't see anything to indicate that they had, so you'd need to get a 3 day starter ticket for either you or your DH.

That's a dealbreaker for us, unfortunately... I'll have an AP and with the drastically reduced discount there's no sense in buying a 3 day ticket I don't need and can't save for the future so that the kids can take a class. We very much enjoyed our YES experiences but not enough to make it worth spending $250 to be able to enroll. We won't save enough on their tickets to compensate for the money thrown away on mine.

Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #2499
DizzyStitch
Mouseketeer

I ran the numbers for my family and if I purchase DVC annual passes using Disney gift cards from Giant Eagle with double fuel perks, it only costs me about 100.00 more and I don't have to get my night children up for classes. I'm kind of excited to be getting my first annual pass. Now to see how to squeeze that extra trip in. Lol just what Disney wants me to do.
Pop Century May 2006Pop Century September 2006Pop Century September 2007All Star Music September 2008Pop Century September 2009Free Dining Bounce Back Pop Century August 2010 Universal June 2012DVC Boardwalk Villas June 2013 DVC SSR June 2014
DizzyStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:51 PM   #2500
fflmaster
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I am guessing home school day is only for children that are home schooled, but I can't find what proof is necessary.

How does disney prove that my kids are home schooled?

Old 11-01-2012, 09:13 PM   #2501
snubie
DIS Veteran

We are registered for a class in feb. it says we can get our tickets at the ticket window at Epcot, DHS, AK and the TTC. We can't get them at the MK main gate? We arrive late Wednesday night and were hoping to head to MK Thursday am. We will not have a car. While going to TTC is not ideal, we will have to maybe.
April 1985 Poly,May 2004 POFQ,Sept 2007 ASMU,Jan 2008 ASMU,May 2009 CBR,Jan 2011 POP - disboutiquers meet, Jan 2013 POR
snubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:54 PM   #2502
letsgoreds
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflmaster View Post
I am guessing home school day is only for children that are home schooled, but I can't find what proof is necessary.

Disney Homeschool Days are advertised primarily to homeschool groups because of the timing of the events (during the school year). ALL children (homeschool, e-school, standard schools) are permitted/invited to attend the events. I was told this a month ago when calling the YES group for information.
letsgoreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:56 PM   #2503
letsgoreds
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snubie View Post
We are registered for a class in feb. it says we can get our tickets at the ticket window at Epcot, DHS, AK and the TTC. We can't get them at the MK main gate? We arrive late Wednesday night and were hoping to head to MK Thursday am. We will not have a car. While going to TTC is not ideal, we will have to maybe.
Are you staying at a MK resort? If not, you will be heading through TTC, right?
letsgoreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #2504
dja14
Earning My Ears

We aren't planning on going til fall and I am pretty sure the homeschool dates will not work for us (we do homeschool) For our family it is about a 400 increase (which is a pretty big price jump I think).

I will probably still do it, maybe. Kids have been talking about doing other parks in Orlando, which I really don't want to do but might I guess. I could get the price close to the same if we cut a few days and the extra things. I really hope I can get the kids into classes at the same time though, I hate the idea of using two mornings for classes, but I want everyone to get to go to one

What we will most likely do is eat offsite more (kids want more room, family of 5 with 2 6ft boys) and cook more at the condo and maybe not eat at any sitdown places. All in all it was earmarked Disney money, just a different way to spend it I guess.
dja14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:39 PM   #2505
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflmaster View Post

Yes, that is the intention. HS'ers are given a specific class geared toward them and included with their package. In other words, we don't get a choice of classes. However, if we want to attend additional IE classes during the week - we have to pay extra for them.

Also, even though we are not asked for proof - it is an event intended for the purpose of homeschooling families/community.

Enhance Your At-Home Curriculum with In-Park Learning
Provide your homeschoolers with a new outofthebox challenge and propel their education to the next level with Disney Homeschool Days at Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida. Gather with other homeschool families and explore science, storytelling and technology at a Walt Disney World® Resort theme park. Learn from leaders who offer insight on how knowledge brings our magical attractions to life.

DL & WDW * FW Cabin 3x (soon to be 4!) * AKL CL 2x * Poly CL * CR CL * AKL Arusha * POFQ * POR

Last edited by Lehuaann; 11-02-2012 at 12:41 AM.
Lehuaann is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: