Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #2356
nan1217
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt(the man)Lover View Post
Anyone know how I could add on the DDP and yet purchase tickets for YES IE? We have a RO discount at the cabins at FW, but when I had S/P/D priced by CM, it seemed way too $$$. There are two adults and two kids going early February 2013. I've only found info regarding adding DDP without park tickets if you have an AP or are military.
You can't unless you're willing to book a package. People who have YES tickets and want a package will usually just book the minimum amount of days worth of tickets.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:35 PM   #2357
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by nan1217 View Post
You can't unless you're willing to book a package. People who have YES tickets and want a package will usually just book the minimum amount of days worth of tickets.
Sometimes you can book thru a travel agent and avoid the tickets yet get dining. I am doing this for my June trip. My week is mandated to June 18th b/c of room block discounts but it includes dining but NOT tickets. So I plan to do YES...So for anyone that can be flexible with a certain date, it is possible to do this thru a travel agencey that specializes in Disney but as Shannon points out correctly you cannot book this thru disney as they always require tix...
DP
scottmel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 06:59 PM   #2358
rackerlee92
Mouseketeer

Question

I'm excited to see that they have January dates added!

I have 6th and 8th graders. Do you think they both qualify as "middle school"?

Thanks!

upcoming - Sunset Lakes Dec 14/Jan 15
Sunset Lakes Dec 13/Jan 14, Windsor Hills January 2013, Windsor Hills September 2012, POFQ February 2012, POR September 2010, DLR November 2009, AKL January 2008, POR October 2007
rackerlee92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:12 PM   #2359
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

I think so.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:31 PM   #2360
Vickie46
DIS Veteran

When will they add June dates?
Vickie46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:37 PM   #2361
tlh0726
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndik1111 View Post
I KNEW this program was too good to be true, in its present form. I've been waiting for them to either cancel or change it. So here we go. Let the changes begin!

We leave in 1 week. Have WBN schedule for Oct 30th. I'm so glad we got this in before all the changes.

Thinking the same thing too!

have a great trip!

Apr 2014 Offsite, Aug 2013 Pop Century, Apr 2013 Fort Wilderness, Nov 2012 Pop Century, June 2012 Fort Wilderness, Mar 2012 Offsite,
Aug 2011 Offsite, Apr 2011 Pop Century, Oct 2010 Pop Century, Apr 2010 Fort Wilderness, Mar 2009 Pop Century, June 1997 Offsite, Dec 1996 Offsite
tlh0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:23 PM   #2362
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytinkmom View Post
I just signed DD up for an individual enrollment class at Disneyland (June 2013) and paid for our tickets. I was told that, even if the class is cancelled in advance, we still get to keep the discounted tickets. You will be given the option to switch to another class, but even if you decline that, you keep the tickets.
Did you call to sign up and buy the tickets?

sweetlovin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:05 PM   #2363
tinytinkmom
I work to support my vacation habit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlovin'

Did you call to sign up and buy the tickets?
I submitted the 2013 request form, and then spoke with Raymond at USA Travel to confirm how many tickets we wanted to buy. He confirmed that we would get to keep the tickets even if the class was cancelled. After our conversation, he emailed me an invoice, which I was able to use to go on the USA Travel site to pay for our tix (could have waited, but just wanted to pay them off!!).
WDW Offsite---August 1990 * Offsite---May 2003 * FW---May 2007 * POP---Jan 2009 * POP---March 2012 * POFQ---Dec 2012 DL Too many times to count! DCL Western---May 2007 * Eastern---Jan 2008 * MR---March 2011 * Double-Dip---March 2012 * Eastern---Dec 2012

Check out my blog: www.springintodisney.blogspot.com

tinytinkmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:14 PM   #2364
Jaxs27
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I submitted the 2013 request form, and then spoke with Raymond at USA Travel to confirm how many tickets we wanted to buy. He confirmed that we would get to keep the tickets even if the class was cancelled. After our conversation, he emailed me an invoice, which I was able to use to go on the USA Travel site to pay for our tix (could have waited, but just wanted to pay them off!!).
Did you call them after submitting the form. I found the form but it says for 10 or more. What does the USA travel site have to do with it? Why did you pay it through them?

2005 All-star Movies
2006 CBR
2008 Pop
2009 All-Star Movies
2010 Offsite (never again)
2010 All-star sports
2012 5 night Bahamas cruise on Magic
2013 POR
2014 All-Star Movies Half-Marathon
2014 7-night Fantasy Western Caribbean
Jaxs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:13 AM   #2365
tinytinkmom
I work to support my vacation habit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxs27

Did you call them after submitting the form. I found the form but it says for 10 or more. What does the USA travel site have to do with it? Why did you pay it through them?
USA Student Travel handles all of the booking/tickets for the YES program... Here is the link to the Disneyland individual enrollment program: http://www.usastudenttravel.com/disney-yes-programs-dl/

From here, you can see all of the 2012/2013 class dates, as well as access the individual enrollment forms. Just fill out the form and fax or e-mail it per the instructions. If they don't contact you in 3 business days, there is a number on the form you can call (I ended up having to call). Once they confirm that there is room in the class you want & how many tickets you need, they will e-mail you an invoice. You are then able to make payments online through the USA Student Travel website.

By the way, I actually had the class cancellation info in an e-mail... Here is the USA Student Travel rep's quote: "Payment is due about 4 weeks before the start date of the program. If you pay now and need to cancel or the class is cancelled you
can choose another date/ class, you can be refunded, or since you would have prepaid for your tickets you can use your tickets but it would be without the Youth Education Series."
WDW Offsite---August 1990 * Offsite---May 2003 * FW---May 2007 * POP---Jan 2009 * POP---March 2012 * POFQ---Dec 2012 DL Too many times to count! DCL Western---May 2007 * Eastern---Jan 2008 * MR---March 2011 * Double-Dip---March 2012 * Eastern---Dec 2012

Check out my blog: www.springintodisney.blogspot.com

tinytinkmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:15 AM   #2366
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

Quote:
USA Student Travel handles all of the booking/tickets for the YES program... Here is the link to the Disneyland individual enrollment program: http://www.usastudenttravel.com/disney-yes-programs-dl/

From here, you can see all of the 2012/2013 class dates, as well as access the individual enrollment forms. Just fill out the form and fax or e-mail it per the instructions. If they don't contact you in 3 business days, there is a number on the form you can call (I ended up having to call). Once they confirm that there is room in the class you want & how many tickets you need, they will e-mail you an invoice. You are then able to make payments online through the USA Student Travel website.

By the way, I actually had the class cancellation info in an e-mail... Here is the USA Student Travel rep's quote: "Payment is due about 4 weeks before the start date of the program. If you pay now and need to cancel or the class is cancelled you
can choose another date/ class, you can be refunded, or since you would have prepaid for your tickets you can use your tickets but it would be without the Youth Education Series."
The invoice email is the email I never got for the Dec classes. That is fine, because I will just resubmit the form and call. I received the confirmation email that my son got in the class, I was just never sent the invoice email.

Thank you so much for explaining the entire process. I truly appreciate all the information

sweetlovin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:47 AM   #2367
Mom2Ben02
Our little souvenir from WDW was baby #2! :-)

I am just sick with all this hurry up and wait! My hubby finally got a job last month after three years of un-/underemployment. We have to wait for approval on the vacation time. He has 120 days of probation, during which he can't take vacation. That is up a week before our planned trip, so we don't have a lot of wiggle room! I hope he gets approval before IE opens!!
Old 10-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #2368
tarak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Ben02 View Post
I am just sick with all this hurry up and wait! My hubby finally got a job last month after three years of un-/underemployment. We have to wait for approval on the vacation time. He has 120 days of probation, during which he can't take vacation. That is up a week before our planned trip, so we don't have a lot of wiggle room! I hope he gets approval before IE opens!!
Congrats on your husband finding a job. I can only imagine how stressful that must have been.
tarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:11 AM   #2369
eeyoresmom
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if 8 day tickets are the maximum we can purchase? The website lists up to 8 days but I THINK I remember posters adding days in past years
eeyoresmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:48 PM   #2370
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

8 days is the max. You can't add more. :/

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: