Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012, 07:31 AM   #2296
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

No it won't be a problem. Have fun!
Old 10-17-2012, 10:24 AM   #2297
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

Just a quick review

We were in the Wild by Nature class yesterday. My boys are 10 & 12 and weren't at all interested in the material but the other kids in the class seemed to be more engaged. I thought the leader was good and has somewhat of a tough job trying to keep the masses interested. I think the class is fat better suited for a younger crowd and I am surprised that the upper age limit is 14. Also, there weren't many opportunities to sit during the class which led to my kids (and my) lack of interest. 2 hours for this class would be a much better time limit. 3 hours was rough!

I think that the program in general is a great offering and I think that it is worth it to participate. Not so sure my kids would agree.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #2298
Eljay
DIS Veteran

Location: Lounging around the Royal Assante Suite at the AKL in my leopard pajamas, drinking Champagne! (In my dreams!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayGan
Just a quick review

We were in the Wild by Nature class yesterday. My boys are 10 & 12 and weren't at all interested in the material but the other kids in the class seemed to be more engaged. I thought the leader was good and has somewhat of a tough job trying to keep the masses interested. I think the class is fat better suited for a younger crowd and I am surprised that the upper age limit is 14. Also, there weren't many opportunities to sit during the class which led to my kids (and my) lack of interest. 2 hours for this class would be a much better time limit. 3 hours was rough!

I think that the program in general is a great offering and I think that it is worth it to participate. Not so sure my kids would agree.

Thanks for the review, HayGan.
Just a thought, was it as hot as others have reported at the class? I'm wondering if the heat made the class less than ideal?
Eljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:39 AM   #2299
AndreaDM
Yeah...we mainly colored that day

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayGan View Post
Just a quick review

My daughter was in that class too! She was the only one there with her dad, so I'm sure you know which one she was. DH also thought it was too long, but he wasn't feeling the best either, thought 2 hours would have been plenty. If we every do it again, we'll try for the aquarium program at Epcot. DD seemed to have enjoyed herself and learned some things, so that combined with the ticket discount made it worthwhile.
AndreaDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #2300
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

I thought the age level was a bit off in that one too. I wonder if they've stretched them to make them more accessible for families.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:08 PM   #2301
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

You all will appreciate my heart leaping when I opened my email and saw "open enrollment." Yes it was a Medicare spam...
Old 10-17-2012, 12:19 PM   #2302
HayGan

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eljay

Thanks for the review, HayGan.
Just a thought, was it as hot as others have reported at the class? I'm wondering if the heat made the class less than ideal?
No the heat wasn't a factor for us as it was actually a very pleasant morning in AK. The early start and length if the class (as well as the material) were our reasons for not ranking it highly.

Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
Old 10-17-2012, 12:22 PM   #2303
HayGan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDM

My daughter was in that class too! She was the only one there with her dad, so I'm sure you know which one she was. DH also thought it was too long, but he wasn't feeling the best either, thought 2 hours would have been plenty. If we every do it again, we'll try for the aquarium program at Epcot. DD seemed to have enjoyed herself and learned some things, so that combined with the ticket discount made it worthwhile.
I recognize your DD from our class. Your DH was the only dad there. I didn't think he looked any less or more bored than the rest of us! I was tr one with two boys who were obviously not paying attention and I was the one wearing the tiara )

We will try to do a different class next year. We will just have to see what they offer.

(Now I must return to paying attention in the Soarin line)

Next up:
Old 10-17-2012, 02:19 PM   #2304
deesthings
Earning My Ears

I went to look at the website again and it said "down for maintenance" . It is back up and the entire page looks different?
I see individual enrollment for 2012, but still not for 2013? The drop down box doesn't have that option in 2013.

Last edited by deesthings; 10-17-2012 at 02:26 PM. Reason: added more info
deesthings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #2305
PrincessDuck
DIS Veteran

I see dates for Disneyland in January....

If you click on 2013 for either park you can see dates once you choose the month.

http://www.disneyyouth.com/our-progr...al-enrollment/

Right? this is my first time trying to do this program. It takes me to a form to fill out though...
PrincessDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #2306
deesthings
Earning My Ears

I've played with it a little bit. WDW shows Jan & Feb drop down box, then I go to "purchase" tickets, it doesn't have individual enrollment in the 2013 drop down box. Hopefully someone will come along with more knowledge...lol
deesthings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #2307
PrincessDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesthings View Post
I've played with it a little bit. WDW shows Jan & Feb drop down box, then I go to "purchase" tickets, it doesn't have individual enrollment in the 2013 drop down box. Hopefully someone will come along with more knowledge...lol

I agree with what you are saying. I have been waiting for the Disneyland stuff to come up, which it has. Clicking through for Disneyland take me to an order form....different than WDW.

It does look totally different though, right?

Daisy
Old 10-17-2012, 02:51 PM   #2308
nan1217
Mouseketeer

I selected an Individual Enrollment class and then it takes me to a group purchase page. Hopefully they're just working out the bugs and it'll work shortly.

The price to the right side says $150-220/class.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:52 PM   #2309
PrincessDuck
DIS Veteran

http://www.disneyyouth.com/tickets-a...ual-enrollment

can you get to this link. You have to click on 2012 or 2013 before hitting submit. Help any?

Oh, I am all confused....
Old 10-17-2012, 03:03 PM   #2310
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

Disneyland has a completely different enrollment than WDW. I know because I tried to get my DS in the leadership class for Dec 14/15. I emailed and sent the form in and received an email back saying there was an opening. The problem is, they will not confirm the class until 2-3 weeks before the class begins.

For me giving I am on the East Coast, I will not be able to take advantage as I needed to know for sure that I got accepted and the class was happening. Therefore, I am going to plan the trip for the end of Sept 2013 and hope that we get into a class then.

I will go to WDW for a class, Disneyland, I will have to be planning a trip there and hope I get a class. Much different policies.
sweetlovin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: