Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2012, 07:19 AM   #2251
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

My dd has a class at EPCOT. Three of us are planning to go to HS that day and meet up later. We are offsite. Do the Disney buses run from EPCOT to HS early in the morning? Her class is 8:30am. Thanks!
2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
100AcreWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:26 PM   #2252
GC&S
DIS Veteran

My dd (10) and DH did the Engery and Waves class today at MK. Both said it was fun. DD said she would like to do another class next year. The beginning was a little confusing as it said to meet at the floral mickey inside the turnstiles. So we found a bunch of people to the side and joined them (we did confirm they were doing the program). It was kind of crowded and lots of people taking pictures by the floral mickey. I saw someone with a clipboard over by the turnstiles and asked if they were the YES program (which they were). So I went and told people to go where he was. There was no sign, no announcement of the YES check in. There was just so many people in that area I can understand how someone could miss the check in.

DD's group rode Stitch, Haunted Mansion and watched Philharmagic. She said the best part was the HM where they got to see how they did the "party" scene. Other than that she said it was ok. DH said the kids started getting fidgety during the "lecture" part but the leader did a good job trying to keep them on pace.

DD was sad she had to give back her nametag at the end (it was just a sticky with her name on it - no biggie).

I think it was a great opportunity for DD and hopefully she can do another class next year.
GC&S is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2012, 07:41 AM   #2253
Mirax
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC&S View Post

DD was sad she had to give back her nametag at the end (it was just a sticky with her name on it - no biggie).

I think it was a great opportunity for DD and hopefully she can do another class next year.
Take next time just take a picture of the nametag. That way you can decorate it and it will fit nicely in a scap book. Glad she enjoyed the class.
Mirax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:25 AM   #2254
threebeesatdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100AcreWood View Post
My dd has a class at EPCOT. Three of us are planning to go to HS that day and meet up later. We are offsite. Do the Disney buses run from EPCOT to HS early in the morning? Her class is 8:30am. Thanks!
Yes, you can hop from park to park on the buses anytime of day. The only exception is if you take the bus to Downtown Disney where they only run the buses to the parks later in the day. This is due to the many people who used to park at DD in the morning and hop on the buses to the parks to avoid paying the parking fee. Your plan should work out fine!
threebeesatdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:35 AM   #2255
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100AcreWood
From Hollywood Studios, it would be faster & probably more convenient to either walk or take the boat to epoch, rather than the bus. I think others have said YES can enter through the I-gate.
dsneprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:04 AM   #2256
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by threebeesatdisney View Post
Yes, you can hop from park to park on the buses anytime of day. The only exception is if you take the bus to Downtown Disney where they only run the buses to the parks later in the day. This is due to the many people who used to park at DD in the morning and hop on the buses to the parks to avoid paying the parking fee. Your plan should work out fine!
Unless things have changed recently, they do not run buses between DTD and the parks at any time of the day.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:15 AM   #2257
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Taking the boat takes a while. Just so you know.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:17 AM   #2258
GC&S
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirax View Post
Take next time just take a picture of the nametag. That way you can decorate it and it will fit nicely in a scap book. Glad she enjoyed the class.
Yeah - I did take a pic - she just wanted the actual tag. She's 10 and keeps everything. Hoarder in the making.
GC&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #2259
threebeesatdisney
Mouseketeer

Another Friday has come and gone and still no Individual Enrollment classes...sigh
threebeesatdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #2260
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by threebeesatdisney View Post
I know that is what I stated above........
THat isn't how I read your post...you seem to imply that they run buses from DTD to the parks later in the day:

Quote:
The only exception is if you take the bus to Downtown Disney where they only run the buses to the parks later in the day.
Edit: I see you changed your post while I was posting... If they are indeed running directly between parks and DTD, that's new...
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:49 PM   #2261
DawnM
Dawn

Will there be any YES individual groups for early December? Like the 8th-16th? There is nothing there right now.

Also, is there another option on the YES that is a little pricer but listed under field trips?

A friend is asking me about these options and I don't know what to tell her. She wants to go that 2nd week of Dec.

Thanks,

Dawn

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:32 PM   #2262
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnM
Will there be any YES individual groups for early December? Like the 8th-16th? There is nothing there right now.

Also, is there another option on the YES that is a little pricer but listed under field trips?

A friend is asking me about these options and I don't know what to tell her. She wants to go that 2nd week of Dec.

Thanks,

Dawn
There are no YES classes offered in December and I'm not sure about your 2nd question. I've never heard of anything like that.
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
jdcthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:35 PM   #2263
wgeo
That's the kind of day where you can't open your mouth without a song jumping right out of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnM View Post

Thanks,

Dawn
I have never heard of YES classes being offered for the month of December sorry.

I'm not familiar with a "field trip" option.

Hope this helps!

DH me DS 10 DD 9

WDW Trips: 1982, 1987, 1994, 2011, 2012, 2014
Disney Magic: 2014
wgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:21 PM   #2264
aprilfoolwed
DIS Veteran

Jumping on this thread....

We did a YES program summer 2010 and loved it. My DH has a convention in Orlando in June, and I would LOVE it if we could go again.

Waiting for 2013 YES programs to be posted. Hoping we can go. I started a new job last month, and we just bought a new house, so it's not an easy time to go, but want to make it work!

2009 (Windsor Palms), 2010 (1-day visit from Tampa area), 2011 (Emerald Island), Universal Studios Trip - Jan 2013 (Rolling Hills) - Waiting for Mommy to finish her Master's Degree, then we're off to see the World!
aprilfoolwed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:59 AM   #2265
disneydaisyndonald
Mouseketeer

disappointed

I was hoping to see something on the website today for January.
Anyone heard anything on when they will update for 2013?
This is driving me crazy, trying to secure dinning and other events and don't know if an when the classes will be offered. Plus If the changes are really severe I might want to take advantage of the package and I am afraid there won't be many opinions left. If I don't see anything by Wednesday I think I might need to be out this year.
disneydaisyndonald is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: