Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 08:14 PM   #2116
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Photopass share?
Old 09-20-2012, 09:31 PM   #2117
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

We have been going to WDW yearly for years now...and this is the first time we have done the YES program. I dont know how I have missed it all these years! I hate to hear that they will be changing the ticket for YES. We were able to get DD13 in a class she will love, and we get great discounts on tickets too Guess this may be the one and only time we get to do it I just dont see how it will be beneficial to families to have part of the family get YES tickets and then the others will be on their own to get their tickets. Seems like the YES program would possibly go out of business
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(7)

Patiently (NOT) waiting for a new ticker

Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 09:49 PM   #2118
tinkermommyof3
DIS Veteran

I was going to give this program a try next Summer. I hope it stays in tact. If it does not I will still enroll my 3 children. They were looking forward to taking a class. It will still be a good value IMO. Getting 3 tickets at a discount (children are Disney adults) is better than nothing. My husband and I would buy our tickets at Guest Services. We still come out ahead. Still hoping for that everything stays the same. But if it does not, look on the bright side.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:53 PM   #2119
Mirax
Mouseketeer

I did not sign my 10 year old up for the only class available during our stay because it is a class that focussed on 3d and vision, he can not see with the 3d glasses, he has depth preception problems. I didn't think it would be fair to sign him up for a class in which he would gain nothing but missery, while another student who would have loved to take the class couldn't because the class was closed.

If they do change the policy we probably will just go back to no PH or WP's but will stay on property and get free dinning!
Mirax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:58 PM   #2120
Mic
They can take away my freedom but they can't take away my FOTL!

Just to clarify that the YES program itself has been around for more than 15 years, but "Individual Enrollment" has only been going on a few years. The YES program for organized groups will likely continue even if Individual Enrollment does not. In the 15 years that I have personally participated in the YES program, the only major changes have been to ticketing policies. Up until 6 years ago, we could only get ONE chaperone ticket at the student price for every 5 students we had in the group: a group of 10 students qualified for only 2 chaperone tickets at the YES price. That was changed to the current policy, allowing one parent/chaperone ticket per student ticket purchased: a ticket order of 10 students can now include up to 10 parent/chaperone tickets at the student price. Whatever changes made to the Individual Enrollment program for 2013 could always be changed again.
Mic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:43 AM   #2121
chellewashere
DIS Veteran

Urgh I hope they dont change the policy. We love getting the cheaper prices on our tickets and we have so much fun in the class.

My DD just did the Wild by Nature class on Tues and had a blast. We got rained out, it is Sept. in florida , but the class was so much fun and quite interesting. She also got named as the new Alpha, she actually was paying attention and mom did help her w/ some of the answers. I think she might have been the youngest in the class most of the kids seemed to hit the 10-12 year old range.
this is our second class and we really enjoy going to them and learning new things...after the class she stopped at every CM w/ animals that we passed so she could ask questions to find out more about the animals so the class really helped her to open up.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:11 AM   #2122
torinsmom
I have someone coming to scoop
I don't know how a man could wear them

I bet they will at least let the chaperone with the child get a discounted ticket. It wouldn't make sense otherwise.
August 3-11, 2008--Pop Century Grand Gathering
July 6-13, 2009--Universal Studios
June 16-25 2010--Universal AND Disney for 10 days (Emerald Island)
August 10-20 2011--Universal and Disney(Indian Creek)
July 6-14 2012--Universal and Disney--doing YES again!
July 14-21 2013--Universal and Disney with family
torinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:12 PM   #2123
Mom2Ben02
Our little souvenir from WDW was baby #2! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by torinsmom
I bet they will at least let the chaperone with the child get a discounted ticket. It wouldn't make sense otherwise.
Ok...just got off the phone with Dave . He was a little shocked that I had insider info. Yes, ticket prices are changing. Adult tickets will be discounted, but not as much.

I was also told that chaperones are required for under 13, and will now have to pay to take the class. I asked several times, and got the same answer.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #2124
tinkermommyof3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Ben02 View Post
Ok...just got off the phone with Dave . He was a little shocked that I had insider info. Yes, ticket prices are changing. Adult tickets will be discounted, but not as much.

I was also told that chaperones are required for under 13, and will now have to pay to take the class. I asked several times, and got the same answer.
Thanks for verifying the information with Dave. It is still a Win-Win. My children will be happy to take a class of their interest next Summer. My husband will be happy to save a few $$. Any discount on tickets ends up being a great value when combined with a Room Only Discount at a Deluxe Resort.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:09 PM   #2125
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Ben02 View Post

I wonder if that means we'll have the option of registering/paying for the class without getting a ticket?

Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:15 PM   #2126
julirina
Close your mouth, Michael. We are not a codfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27

I wonder if that means we'll have the option of registering/paying for the class without getting a ticket?
Do you mean if you're an APholder or already have tickets? You'd still need park admission to attend a class.

julirina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:38 PM   #2127
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by julirina View Post
Do you mean if you're an APholder or already have tickets? You'd still need park admission to attend a class.
Yes, that's exactly what I mean. I'm thinking about surprising DD11 with a trip with her BFF (who just moved away, too far for them to see each other regularly any more after years of living within walking distance), and late August would be the best timeframe so it'll likely line up with YES individual enrollment. But I'll have an AP so I don't need a park ticket.

It isn't a deal breaker, at least at 2012 prices, because the discount on the girls' tickets is significant enough to eclipse buying an unneeded ticket for myself, but being able to just pay for the class without buying the park ticket would save me a bit of cash.

Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:27 PM   #2128
Cierese
Mouseketeer

Snips from emails I got from YES over the past few days... They still haven't answered my question about how much the one day ticket will cost for the AP holder.. I asked a 3rd time and again waiting a response..... I think if I'm reading this correctly, you can buy tickets for 2 parents if there's only one child but only one parent may attend the class.... At least that's how I'm reading it as a whole. I think there's a difference between purchasing a ticket and attending the class.

Thank you for your emails! To answer your question about the annual passholder, we cannot place a ticket order for a youth only. The minimum order for a program is 2 tickets (1 youth, 1 chaperone).

As you will not be able to attend with your child, you are welcome to have one of their grandparents attend the program with them. In the event that mom or dad cannot attend, grandparents are welcome. We mainly want somebody with the child who can make decisions in a medical situation (should one arise).

Children age 13 or older may attend the program without a chaperones, however the ticket order process still requires the purchase of a chaperone ticket.

Like last year, you are not able to order tickets for more adults than you have youth purchasing tickets. The only exception is for families with 1 child, can order 2 adult tickets (for mom and dad). Also, new this year, only one chaperone per family may attend the program, even if you have multiple children attending the same program. We are trying to get as many children into the program as possible.

2. I am an annual pass holder/cast member/or guest that has already
purchased tickets. Is there a program fee only option? We appreciate
your interest in our Disney Y.E.S. Individual Enrollment and Disney
Homeschool Days programs. We welcome annual pass holders, cast members,
and guests to participate in our programs however we do require that you
purchase a ticket package for each program participant. Disney Youth
Education Series and Homeschool Days is a separate admission because of
its educational components, so annual passes, complimentary admission,
and regular front-gate admission cannot be applied to the cost.

An exception has been arranged for annual passholders to purchase a 1
day ticket, instead of the minimum 3 day ticket for their YES Individual
Enrollment Program. For assistance with this, please call 407-472-4676,
ext 14

October 2015 - TBA
June 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge and Caribbean Beach Resort!
Oct 2013 - Old Key West and POP!
July 2011 OKW - Big Family Vacation
Nov 2009 All Stars Music - Thanksgiving!
Sep 2004 Off Site -- Jun 2004 Off Site
July 2003 Off Site OIF Welcome Home Trip
Apr 1995 Don't Remember - Magic Music Days -Yes, I was a band geek!!!

Last edited by Cierese; 09-21-2012 at 07:31 PM. Reason: to comment on a sentence in the email.
Cierese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:49 PM   #2129
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

So if you have only teens you still have to buy a chaperone ticket? What is the logic there?
Old 09-22-2012, 12:08 AM   #2130
dja14
Earning My Ears

I would guess (and since have yet to go I don't KNOW) that they want to make sure there are no excuses about having an adult in the park with the kid at least. Even if you don't go to the class you will be in the area with coffee or whatever. So if there is an accident the adult can take responsibility. Most people who pay will go ahead and go (and that is probably what they want, 1 adult per family, no matter the age)

But good news (to me so far) is that sounds like tweaking type changes but not stopping the program altogether. My kids would be so sad, they are looking forward to trying it out next year if they can.
dja14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: